• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
ITS BACK... $18.99 Oil Change with FREE TIRE ROTATION at Firestone through June 30th! Last time, the coupons were extended for several months so check back after June!

View Firestone Deals... Click Here

Other Deals-

Free Jump at The Pump: Includes tire inflation, tread inspection, air filter check and alignment check.

A/C Performance Check Special: Only $24.99

Standard Tune-up: $15 off standard service

Standard Wheel Alignment: $10 discount off regular price

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Tires Plus $18.99
http://www.tiresplus.com/offers/

justdoit (Jun. 26, 2008 @ 6:58p) |

Thanks, found one in my area...

MistakenIdentity (Jun. 26, 2008 @ 7:17p) |

That musta been one hell of a fancy headlight bulb!

Only $30 eh?

gtd2000 (Jun. 27, 2008 @ 7:16a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I don't see this 18.99 offer or a coupon for it? I do see the "Free jump at the pump" that you linked to. http://www.firestonecompleteautocare.com/offers/index.jsp does list offers available, but nothing about the oil change price. Any help?

scrouds said: I don't see this 18.99 offer or a coupon for it? I do see the "Free jump at the pump" that you linked to. http://www.firestonecompleteautocare.com/offers/index.jsp does list offers available, but nothing about the oil change price. Any help?

The coupon is on the right hand side of the website.

dealhunter9 said: $18.99 Oil Change with FREE TIRE ROTATION at Firestone through June 30th!

Good deal, the coupon states they'll use a synthetic blend. I just got my a aunt's tires rotated and that alone was $20! I intend to do the oil change myself though, because I've already bought a couple of Toyota OEM filters and some synthetic oil. For most people though, this is a great deal.

u saved a few bucks now, 10 times to fix the caused problems later

mlgbwk said: u saved a few bucks now, 10 times to fix the caused problems later

I'd like to think something as easy as an oil change can't be botched, but you never know. Best way is to do it yourself but that's not practical for a lot of people.

i wouldn't let those monkeys touch my car for free. either do it yourself or take it to dealer. yeah, its twice the price but much more safer.

Last time i went to firestone on one of these deals, it only applied if you applied for a charge account with them? Just a word to the wise for those taking advantage of this.

Ahh, I knew there would be some kind of catch. $18.99 for oil change is good, but with the tire rotation, that's just great.

minghi said: i wouldn't let those monkeys touch my car for free. either do it yourself or take it to dealer. yeah, its twice the price but much more safer.

Such an ignorant statement. Dealers don't do shoddy work? Every BBB in the nation would like to have a word with you.

Bought a brand new toyoya sienna. oil and filter changes regularly on schedule at the dealer. At 18,000 miles they said Toyota requires Throttle Body cleaning for $175.00. I said just rotate the tires and give me the oil filter change. 22000 miles I need the cabin filter changed and the air filter changed. I said the book says 30,000 miles for this. Toyota dealer said dirty air in Florida needs to be done. Just the oil and filter change only again. 30,000 miles, they tell me you need the cabin filter and the air filter changed. They will do it for me for $75.00. They said the cabin filter is real hard to do and that I would very well brake the glove box doing it. I said I will take care of it.

Opened the glove box, reached over the top and pulled out the filter and replaced it. Took 1 minute. Air filter almost as easy. Wonder why $75.00 to do these things that took less then 5 minutes. Wonder what Toyota did wrong that a throttle body needed to be cleaned at 18,000 miles. Other cars do not need the throttle body cleaned at 18000 miles. Think they are ripping people off?

syber said: Wonder what Toyota did wrong that a throttle body needed to be cleaned at 18,000 miles. Other cars do not need the throttle body cleaned at 18000 miles. Think they are ripping people off?

Nah, they couldn't be ripping people off. These are trustworthy folks who are trying to help keep the American economy strong (and their own wallets fat)

BTW - most new cars need oil change every 7500 miles as per owners manual but every service station (including car dealers) will slap on a sticker for oil change every 3000 miles. Ever wonder why?

chocoruacal said: minghi said: i wouldn't let those monkeys touch my car for free. either do it yourself or take it to dealer. yeah, its twice the price but much more safer.

Such an ignorant statement. Dealers don't do shoddy work? Every BBB in the nation would like to have a word with you.

I haven't had any experience with Firestone, nor do I plan to in the near future, but I have had plenty of experience with "those monkeys" at the dealership. They do extremely shoddy work at my local Toyota dealership. When my car was under warranty they seemed to do everything they could to keep from making any repairs. I am still not sure why because they get paid their hourly regardless of what they do for any customer. Maybe they are on commission?

i'm really confused by this because after 2000 miles or so, the oil in my engine would be dark and sandy as hell. but they said the oil should be good for 3000 miles?

Great deal.... if you can wait for at least a couple of hours for your oil change...

Say NO to firestone!
Stay away from firestone!
Friends don't let friends go to Firestone!

nietsni3 said: i'm really confused by this because after 2000 miles or so, the oil in my engine would be dark and sandy as hell. but they said the oil should be good for 3000 miles?Man, that sounds not good. Maybe broken oil or air filter. Show your car to good mechanic. You need a total oil flush (at least).

color of oil is not a requirement to change oil.
How could you know its sandy unless you comb the used oil..

there are many info on oil on the web, check out those motor oil bible etc...

- General purpose natural and synth. oils are usually light colors.
- You don't have to comb the used oil. One drop from oil dip-stick to paper, dry it out, look through magnifying glass. Any large particles will be visible.

Yep, used it yesterday

does anyone has instructions on how to change oil on my 2004 highlander? if there was a picture to picture guide that would be great. From my understanding, toyota changes the location of oil filter in each of the different models.

Longhorn2k4 said: does anyone has instructions on how to change oil on my 2004 highlander? if there was a picture to picture guide that would be great. From my understanding, toyota changes the location of oil filter in each of the different models.

You might want to try a Toyota owner's forum - not the "hot deals" board on a shopping website - to get the answer. I could be wrong, though...

TheTigger said: syber said: Wonder what Toyota did wrong that a throttle body needed to be cleaned at 18,000 miles. Other cars do not need the throttle body cleaned at 18000 miles. Think they are ripping people off?

Nah, they couldn't be ripping people off. These are trustworthy folks who are trying to help keep the American economy strong (and their own wallets fat)

BTW - most new cars need oil change every 7500 miles as per owners manual but every service station (including car dealers) will slap on a sticker for oil change every 3000 miles. Ever wonder why?

Toyota Camry book states 5000 miles for oil change but my dealer keeps forcing me to come every 3750 miles.. whats the rush? .... + they make car dirty

i went to firestone 4 times so far, only once they said the tire rotation is "done" and I noticed the same tires (i had a mark on a couple that i remembered) were in same position. So then they did it. So please make sure they actually rotate the tires.. its possible they wont touch it at all

Do yourselves a favor and take the Firestone coupon to your neighborhood Goodyear care center as most will honor competitors oil change coupons.

I've had bad luck with oil changes at Firestone but Goodyear has always done a good job for us.

minghi said: i wouldn't let those monkeys touch my car for free. either do it yourself or take it to dealer. yeah, its twice the price but much more safer.

me fail english? that's unpossible

I take the coupon to my local auto repair shop, and they price match. Unless your dealer does a oil change cheap, a dealer charges far too much for a simple job.

I used to change my own oil, but this price its not worth my effort.

Take coupon to firestone soon.

Follow the service technician as he takes you out to your car to tell you about all the "recommended" repairs you also need on your car.

Did anyone try saving a PDf of the coupon. The others are all there, but the oil change appears dead this morning.

Stay AWAY from Firestone. You get a cheap oil change but they make more problems for your car. Its not worth.

PLEASE ,PLEASE stay away from them at all cost, they will make u to pay more.

I've taken both my cars here and the oil changed have gone well. Except on one my van wouldn't start. Ended up having to replace the starter the next day (not at Firestone, in my driveway), but that was just bad luck (I would hope). Other time I went with my Toyota they replaced it, said my air filter should be changed at my next oil change (I had already bought the filter and it needed replacement), of course the quote was like $40 for air filter change. Now, if you want to see the REAL CROOKS, check this out-

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LTJjqr0QbIk

good work for posting coupon, green to OP

But I would never go to firestone, I had very bad experience with them.
I took very well running car to them for oil change and they gave me recommended repairs estimate $1500

syber said: Bought a brand new toyoya sienna. oil and filter changes regularly on schedule at the dealer. At 18,000 miles they said Toyota requires Throttle Body cleaning for $175.00. I said just rotate the tires and give me the oil filter change. 22000 miles I need the cabin filter changed and the air filter changed. I said the book says 30,000 miles for this. Toyota dealer said dirty air in Florida needs to be done. Just the oil and filter change only again. 30,000 miles, they tell me you need the cabin filter and the air filter changed. They will do it for me for $75.00. They said the cabin filter is real hard to do and that I would very well brake the glove box doing it. I said I will take care of it.

Opened the glove box, reached over the top and pulled out the filter and replaced it. Took 1 minute. Air filter almost as easy. Wonder why $75.00 to do these things that took less then 5 minutes. Wonder what Toyota did wrong that a throttle body needed to be cleaned at 18,000 miles. Other cars do not need the throttle body cleaned at 18000 miles. Think they are ripping people off?

I've done the throttle body cleaning on about 10 different cars and it's easy and takes about
15 min., just look online for the procedure and keep your $175.

I would like to reiterate the coupon is not working. I want the coupon because Tires Plus will price match them.. Does anyone have the PDF.

TheTigger said: ...

Depends on your driving conditions. City mileage/hard driver/dirty air = 3000 miles. If you live in suburban/rural areas, then 7500 makes sense.

cragenpuff said: I've had bad luck with oil changes at Firestone but Goodyear has always done a good job for us.

Goodyear tried to screw me by saying a one year old belt needed replacing and then the guy showed me a rock scratch on a rotor and told me the brake pads were worn out. Since he hadn't finished yet I tried to be nice about it and wound up with a stripped drain plug. Tried Firestone for the next oil change - same thing. Same belt, same brakes, and they said something else needed repalcement. For the next oil change I went to Ford. They said the same belt and pads were fine but the transmission was leaking and needed servicing. ????? what leak. Told them next time and a week later a plastic retainer came off the pressure cable to the transmission and it burned up. $1000 repair job. All I can do is wonder.

Anyway, S&%t happens. These characters are everywhere so go with a local you know and trust - if you can.

I would never go there again. I brought my car there for oil change. I picked up my car one hour later and I checked the oil. It was still dark. Then I argued with them and this time they did change the oil quick.

never ever taking my car to Firestone again. To keep it short, they couldn't replace a flat tire without scratching the wheels. They did this not once but twice. Took over four months to resolve.

It's not the time or effort needed to do your own oil change. It's the knowledge that you know you used quality products and the job was done right. Idiots pumping whatever they want into my brand-new car is not something I want to have to worry about over 30 minutes of my time.

I think Tiresplus runs this promotion (oil change with free tire rotation) all the time.

Skipping 33 Messages...
Cbass98 said: Then the guy comes in and tells me that my left low-beam headlight is out. I thought that was strange because I park my car inside a garage every day and turn on my headlights when I get in. I think I'd notice my left headlight being out. Anyway, it was only $30 installed, so I just okay'ed it. Looking back, I shoulda went into the garage to check it out myself. I will give them credit though; I had low air in my front left tire, and they marked it down, filled it up, and then rotated it. I'd give them another chance. It's the lesser of three evils: dealership and Jiffy Lube being the other 2.

That musta been one hell of a fancy headlight bulb!

Only $30 eh?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014