• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
6.5 cu. foot, 550 lb. capacity
Heavy-duty polymer tray (will scratch but will not rust!)
Two 4-ply pnuematic tires
2 front tilt bars

This is year three for mine and it is still in great shape. I would not hesitate to purchase another. Used it to throw 9 yards of mulch this spring, and haul another 6 yards of topsoil to the back yard. And give the kids a few 'barrow rides, of course!

Click Meh!

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
ditto!

jarhed (Jun. 12, 2008 @ 10:15a) |

Used my Sam's wheelbarrow to mix concrete to set fence posts with no issues.

Definitely a valid point about taking this w... (more)

elgatoxl (Jun. 12, 2008 @ 11:07a) |

I think he just wants someone to coat him with linseed oil.

SlimyTadpole (Jun. 12, 2008 @ 2:19p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

I got one of these last time around..... and I concur... JUST WONDERFUL!

Super strong, and sturdy... etc... Def worth every penny and MORE!

Get 'em while they last!

I have to agree. Wouldn't hesitate to buy again.

I guess I'm old fashion, but I would think that a 2 wheel wheelbarrow just would not turn on a dime and dump to the sides like it really needs to.

jschuman said: I would think that a 2 wheel wheelbarrow just would not turn on a dime and dump to the sides

Sometimes wheelbarrows "dump to the sides" at exactly the wrong moment. I think that's the point of the extra wheel.

I think because you have to lift the back it should turn just as easy. I second the problem of the accidental side tip dump that one wheelers can do.

jschuman said: I guess I'm old fashion, but I would think that a 2 wheel wheelbarrow just would not turn on a dime and dump to the sides like it really needs to.

Interesting. Costco's been carrying these all Spring, plenty in the stacks, I went to pick one up in the last week, two different stores, they all gone suddenly? Suddenly the show up at Sams?

thebigo said: Interesting. Costco's been carrying these all Spring, plenty in the stacks, I went to pick one up in the last week, two different stores, they all gone suddenly? Suddenly the show up at Sams?
Maybe because it's summer time and people are buying up all things yard related at every store there is???

Thanks for the post OP, I saw a 2-wheel barrow for the first time at Lowes yesterday, this one, and knew I had to get one... theirs is all plastic for only $40, but the Sam's one holds twice as much so I'm all over it.

That is one ugly Wheelbarrow! I'll be sure to let my Dad know about it, he loves Sam's club.

I bought the costco one....

WEAAAAY better than a single wheel or front dual wheel WB... if you have lots of stuff to move, let alone heavy stuff like bricks/rock not having to do the wheel barrow press is WAAAY better over a day....

BUY ONE

I could break that. I throw my firewood into it. The wood is heavy and my aim is good so I have a big hole in mine.

jschuman said:
I guess I'm old fashion, but I would think that a 2 wheel wheelbarrow just would not turn on a dime and dump to the sides like it really needs to.
And it's no good for a hilly yard. My son has one, but wishes he didn't.

i must interject.
the BEST "wheelbarrow" ever is not a wheelbarrow at all, it is a garden "cart"
http://www.bestbuysalways.com/servlet/the-139/Rubbermaid-Lawn-Garden-Dump/Detail

i bought mine at costco for just under $100
hauled and dumped a total of 14 TONS of rock with it
and when that was done, hauled and dumped 600+ sq. ft. of sod

i would never go back to a traditional wheelbarrow after using this rubbermaid garden cart!

1200# capacity!

(link above is for REFERENCE ONLY - i do not condone purchasing it there, like i mentioned i got mine at COSTCO B&M)
if you are in the market, i HIGHLY suggest comparing the two!

Yes... the is the best wheelbarrow ever... for girls.

Real men use Jackson M5s or M6s. I spent 5 years of my life pushing an m5-sa5. I could load 1200 pounds on it and handle it like the best sports car made. -- Two wheel wheelbarrow hrumph!

Of course an M6 today costs about 4x what this costs but it's a real tool.

You're all wrong. The best wheelbarrow ever is sketched in The Joy of Sex, in all its black and white glory..

I use my fertilizer spreader to move things around but I don't have a very big yard.

Good Wheelbarrow -- use for alot of compost (coming & going) for my organic acre -

Used it to move three 100 year old oaks my neighbor had cut (for no good reason whatsoever).

When I offered to take the hardwood, the cutting crew chief asked me if I could handle logs cut "that size" -- it was 20". Of course that meant most of them ended uo cut between 25" - 30" long and many were about as thick.

This wheelbarrow took a real beating with 2-3 logs loaded -- not gently -- and doing the 1/5 mile trip home. At least 35 trips. No noticeable wear and not one mishap.

I did put the green tire stuff in as I noticed each replacement tire was nearly $30 -- I figured a buck or two worth of slime might be worthwhile (though like preventative medicine - I may never know whether or not it was useful).

I have noticed similar (and I mean similar - metal handles, wheel quality, bed size/thickness, etc) ones costing $90 - $130 at other places. Highly recommended at this price.

its a wheel barrows not WHEELS barrow...they have only one for a reason....this is fine for weak people i suppose

fatluncher said: Yes... the is the best wheelbarrow ever... for girls.

Real men use Jackson M5s or M6s. I spent 5 years of my life pushing an m5-sa5. I could load 1200 pounds on it and handle it like the best sports car made. -- Two wheel wheelbarrow hrumph!

Yup, Jackson is the best wheelbarrow out there. Try hauling a few tons of pea gravel in a plastic one & you'll see why.

Any one know if the wood handles are made of Cheap Pine like most of them seem to be today, it doesn't matter if the tray lasts for ever if the cheap handles rot or snap, one should really have oak wood, is the tire flat proof too? My point is when trying to fix an existing wheel barrel you quickly realize it is much cheaper to just buy a whole new one. ie a wheel costs $20-30 alone.

If the handles are finished that means you got cheap wood there being covered up, people are stupid enough to see finished handles and not realize they are finished to hide the fact they used cheap pine which will be exposed anyways probably less than a year later if it lasts.

I have an older Sears dual wheel, made by Jackson sold under Craftsmans name (complete with a METAL tub).

I gotta say dual wheel is SOOO much better than single. I beat the heck outta the Sears/Jackson (11 yards of pea gravel this year, 8 yards of 3/4" gravel and 10 yards of soil last year).

Bent one of the axle brackets (the weak spot in any wheelbarrow, including Jackson).....called them up and got free replacement parts. The wheelbarrow lives on. Almost bought the Sams model, luckily I found out how to get the replacement parts before I spent $$$ on another 'barrow.

It looks like the handles are either aluminum or galvanized steel however I would never get one with a plastic tub. My old wheelbarrow has oak handles and a steel tub and I've tortured it for years and it keep on performing.

I did have to replace a tire once but the key is to get two extra inner tubes and slice them around the circumference and then encase the new inner tube in the 2 skins for added protection.

Every fall I give the tub a coating of rustoleum red, coat the handles with linseed oil, grease the axle and put a coating of UV protectant on the tire.

lemonhead said: i must interject.
the BEST "wheelbarrow" ever is not a wheelbarrow at all, it is a garden "cart"
DumpCart

i bought mine at costco for just under $100
hauled and dumped a total of 14 TONS of rock with it
and when that was done, hauled and dumped 600+ sq. ft. of sod

i would never go back to a traditional wheelbarrow after using this rubbermaid garden cart!

1200# capacity!

(link above is for REFERENCE ONLY - i do not condone purchasing it there, like i mentioned i got mine at COSTCO B&M)
if you are in the market, i HIGHLY suggest comparing the two!

I am liking this 4 wheeled DumpCart idea more every minute. I wonder if one is made that also has a tractor attachment in addition the the handle.

orangespot said: I could break that. I throw my firewood into it. The wood is heavy and my aim is good so I have a big hole in mine.

Did the same to my plastic one.

I once did demolition for salvage. We saved everything, bricks, nails, flooring and beams. We used single wheel barrows to move 500+ lb wooden beams. Move them in one piece. This was way back in 84, so nothing special to the wheel barrow.
That is the standard I use for a wheel barrow.

Wow, I never knew people could be so excited about a wheelbarrow!

You're all wrong! My wheelbarrow is better, dammit!

Two wheels? COME ON! Does it come with a helmet and INSTRUCTIONS too?!?!?!

=) Thx op.

Anyone know where to get the dump cart for under $100 online? Costco did not have it listed (may still be in store).

Nice wheelbarrow. Now it just needs to show up at Harbor Freight and then go on sale for $39.99

knickdigger said: You're all wrong. The best wheelbarrow ever is sketched in The Joy of Sex, in all its black and white glory..

BigBuford said: I use my fertilizer spreader to move things around but I don't have a very big yard.

There's no need to brag about what you can move with your "fertilizer spreader." There are other forums for such things.

We own two of those, a 10 cu. ft bought at HD for $100 and the one Sams sells (except that this new model has much improved dumping capabilities with the "tilt bars.")

To those who have any doubt, I have used both types extensively and I can say without reservation that I will NEVER go back to a one-wheeler. The model Sams sells also has just about the ideal height for loading/carrying/unloading plants or dirt

These two-wheelers with tough plastic tubs last forever (especially if you bother to apply a fresh coat of paint when they are brand NEW as we do) and yes, they turn on a dime (OK, actually, two dimes...)

Less than 60 bucks for this item is just a ridiculous steal.

I hope this helps.

So does anybody have benchmarks?

I like this design, but I'll say it may not be for everyone.

I'm with jschuman, just put out 15 yards3 of mulch a couple weeks back on a steep hill. There's NO way I could ahve used a dual-wheel one without tipping. And then the old school single wheel tip and twist worked like a charm for the dumping.

What I'd really LOVE is a small one of these for my kids! They wouldn't be able to accidently spill anything. Well, I'm sure they could still spill.

psouza8534 said: Any one know if the wood handles are made of Cheap Pine like most of them seem to be today, it doesn't matter if the tray lasts for ever if the cheap handles rot or snap, one should really have oak wood, is the tire flat proof too? My point is when trying to fix an existing wheel barrel you quickly realize it is much cheaper to just buy a whole new one. ie a wheel costs $20-30 alone.

If the handles are finished that means you got cheap wood there being covered up, people are stupid enough to see finished handles and not realize they are finished to hide the fact they used cheap pine which will be exposed anyways probably less than a year later if it lasts.

Handles are steel.

fatluncher said: Yes... the is the best wheelbarrow ever... for girls.

Yes, I remember using a Jackson M6 in a summer job on a concrete crew. Whenever there was a newbie on the concrete crew (ie me) the driver would fill that wheelbarrow to the brim with concrete. He'd treat the regulars to about 2/3 wheelbarrow loads.

The newbies would have to pay their dues with that particular driver.

nitesbane said: Wow, I never knew people could be so excited about a wheelbarrow!

call me weak, sissy, and pansie...(if you must flaunt your insecurities to the world), but I got this for LAST father's day and it's the best one I've ever owned.

I got one of these yesterday and have not yet assembled it. However, I can share 2 details. The tub is plastic. I questioned getting one that wa splastic, but then I remembered that almost everyone I know that has had a wheelbarrow for many years that is made out of metal has holes that have rusted through it. Maybe the plastic will be more durable? The handles are steel. If anyone knows of a better deal, please post before I assemble this thing!

Green for OP excitement over a fricken wheelbarrow

Green because I always thought it was a wheel-barrel

Odd to see people to be so excited over a wheelbarrow.

Skipping 15 Messages...
hiroler said: TecJunkie said:
I want to hire you to run my life!

You're not capable of being OCD on your own, so you want to pay somebody else to spend $40 yearly to maintain a $50 wheelbarrow?

I think he just wants someone to coat him with linseed oil.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014