• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I bought the 512's when they were on sale for my kids. They are awesome. The built in speaker is worth it's weight in cereal.

1GB Red is down to $14.99. Great way for the kids to get into digital music.

Link to item

SanDisk introduces the Sansa Shaker. It’s a fun and easy to use MP3 player designed for kids and families.

The Sansa Shaker features many ways to listen to and share songs. It has a built-in speaker to enjoy music without ear buds, to play your favorite music, and listen with your friends & family. Plus it comes with two headphone jacks. You also have the ability to play and share SD cards loaded with your favorite songs.

Changing songs on the Sansa Shaker is a snap – or rather, a “shake”. You can impress your friends by shaking the device to jump to the next song, or use the colorful controller bands for forward and backward changing as well to manipulate volume.

Features
Easy to use MP3 player
Strong sounding built in Speaker
SD Card slot
Features two headphone jacks for sharing music
Fun interactive MP3 player via Shake feature and navigation bands
Very affordable MP3 player

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Great deal. I have bought 4 of the 512MB shakers for $11.77 each.

The built-in speaker sounds pretty good. I use one for when I'm working of stuff around the house.

Already got blue and pink, should I get this red one? May collect all colors, LOL.

GCO will expire on 30 jun, so time to buy soemthing before it goes off.

thanks op!

manimiao said: GCO will expire on 30 jun, so time to buy soemthing before it goes off.

I can't get the $10 off anymore. I use a virtual credit card and a different phone number, but it always says:

There was a problem processing your GoogleCheckout method of payment for your Buy.com order #12345678
and consequently we had to cancel that order.

They must be verifying my name or address.

yes, this time i tried using the AMEX gift card purchased from other deal, still they cancelled my order

hey, where is the sd slot on those? I'm tempted to get one. Are they durable?

Gifted my cousins a couple of 512MBs that came free after GCO back in April 2008.

RevWillie said: hey, where is the sd slot on those? I'm tempted to get one. Are they durable?

You unscrew the bottom of the shaker, and it has a spring load SD slot and that is also where the AAA Battery goes. Yes, they are durable.. it is actually market to the tweeners. You can hook up the shaker directly to your PC for drag and drop or remove the SD card and drag and drop via an SD card reader.
One note that is not documented in the manual, but I found on the Sandisk Forum. If the unit stops playing, and you have put in a new battery, you might think it is a piece of junk and it is broken. All you have to do is format the SD card, reload your music and you are back in business.

The cheapest they have ever been was $11.77 for the Blue and Pink.

ty!

$4.99 Thanks OP

Thanks OP. Just got me one.

Make it sweeter, shall I?

5% coupon. 1 time use per account. (create multiple accounts)
http://www.buy.com/retail/coupon.asp?prid=84773074

Sweet! Thanks for the post. GREEN for you!

I bought 4 pink and 4 blue of the 512's from Buy.com a couple of months ago. They are AWESOME! The unit isn't too loud and 512 was plenty of space for the type of audio I had on them (audio books, and 1 CD of music). My kids LOVE them (5 year old twins) and people love the fact that they have headphones! The headphones are a good size too and when you max out the volume it isn't too loud (either in the ear or from the speaker).

These are the size of a salt shaker, so they are really small. They are very durable, but the bottom panel does come off easily (houses the battery and the card), we just use a small piece of tape to secure it better, but the panel is "tethered" to the unit probably for this reason. If you want to "shake" to the next song, just hold down the blue button on the front and shake the unit, then you don't have to touch the bottom dial (which is right next to the panel I mentioned earlier).

I have been looking for a 1 GB upgrade price, so it's nice to see the red ones for a couple of bucks more! These are EXCELLENT gifts for kids. I just gave one to a 5th grade girl and she was all about it! They are cute, portable, easy to use. They are MP3 players, so I convert my CD's to MP3's and then drag and drop. I've heard some people complain that they aren't as easy as other players, but I never had a problem.

Thanks. Got 1 for the kid.

Ordered 1. Great deal.

When did you get the message? I just create a new account with the same info to but it and I got the confirmation email as normal. Please let me know so I know what to expect. Thanks a lot.

teraman said: manimiao said: GCO will expire on 30 jun, so time to buy soemthing before it goes off.

I can't get the $10 off anymore. I use a virtual credit card and a different phone number, but it always says:

There was a problem processing your GoogleCheckout method of payment for your Buy.com order #12345678
and consequently we had to cancel that order.

They must be verifying my name or address.

Just got mine today. Fun little player, and the external speaker ain't bad. I was surprised that it came with a Sandisk 1 gb sd card. For $4.99, can't thank you enough OP, nice find.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014