• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
yeah, i called in today and they said the 9.95 offer was 'no longer available'.

i got the 14.95 for 1 year. i'm happy.

called today and ask them to match the tmobile 9.95 plan and they said no problem. They gave it to me for six months and said call back in six months and they should give me a new offer

Vonage is going to wilt in the wake of Tmobile's new offering.

Why are they only giving six months at the $9.95 price (for the few who are getting it)?

I was on the phone with Vonage sale rep. for 45min. First I got account setup with 6 months for 9.95 each month. At the end I have it only 3 months for 9.95 per month on my email. So I ask the guy why? He said he will transfer to customer service to give me another 3 months for 9.95 each month. Customer service rep. said that he never heard of that promotion. So I was so mad then I cancelled all the order. Then I call the sale rep. again. He said that if I have someone phone # with 6months for 9.95 per month. He will give 2 months free both.

No go for me.
Wasted about 35 min.
Only offer they had for me : 3 months at $9.95 and then $24.99 afterwards.
OR

2 months free and then $24.99 afterwards.

I am with Net2Phone at $19.99 right now.
So decided to stick with it for now.

Great deal for those who got 6 months.

deallover said: I am with Net2Phone at $19.99 right now.

I curently have Net2Phone as well. The one thing that I'm not happy about is that it seems to suck a lot of bandwidth. I have a 16/2 mbps cable-broadband connection, but I can barely surf the web when someone is using the phone line
Any similar experiences from other VOIP providers?

bcotton said: deallover said: I am with Net2Phone at $19.99 right now.

I curently have Net2Phone as well. The one thing that I'm not happy about is that it seems to suck a lot of bandwidth. I have a 16/2 mbps cable-broadband connection, but I can barely surf the web when someone is using the phone line
Any similar experiences from other VOIP providers?

Did you set up your router for QOS?
How did you setup your voip? Did you put it behind the router?

got 9.95/month for 6 mths. gave me option of 14.99 for 12 mths or 9.99 for 6 mths.

thx op

Rate Plan: $9.95 Residential Premium Unlimited 6 Months Step Up Plan
Rate Plan Start Date: Jul 2, 2008
Rate Plan End Date: Dec 9, 2008

mindblowing said: got 9.95/month for 6 mths. gave me option of 14.99 for 12 mths or 9.99 for 6 mths.

thx op

which number did you call and do you rememebr who did you talk to?
Please share.

Thanks

P.S I just tried again and they keep saying that they don't have any promo for 6 months. Only thing they have is
3 months at $9.95 ten $24.99.

deallover said: mindblowing said: got 9.95/month for 6 mths. gave me option of 14.99 for 12 mths or 9.99 for 6 mths.

thx op

which number did you call and do you rememebr who did you talk to?
Please share.

Thanks

P.S I just tried again and they keep saying that they don't have any promo for 6 months. Only thing they have is
3 months at $9.95 ten $24.99.

just dialed regular number and then as usual transferred to account management dept.i told him if they have something comparable to tmobile,he asked if i called to cancel ,i told him no just checking if you have something similar so i dont have to go thru hassle of cancellation blah blah..so just told me if i want 9.95 or 14.99..that it. got email too while i was talking to him..

I have had Vonage since 04.. called and said I was going to cancel because other companies had better deals. They gave me one month free and 9.95/mo for 6 mos (unlimited plan)..

Called, got through to account management and was offered 1 month free and 14.99 for a year. Fair amount of savings for someone who was paying the regular rate!

Rep told me to call back at the end of the period to see if there are any further special rate plans for price conscious customer like myself.

Sounds ok but just one word... MAGICJACK

Yea, I'm still not getting the advantage of Vonage over Magicjack. I have Magicjack and paid $40 for the device and the first year of service. So even at $10/month with Vonage, Magicjack saves $80/yr.

suezyque said: Yea, I'm still not getting the advantage of Vonage over Magicjack. I have Magicjack and paid $40 for the device and the first year of service. So even at $10/month with Vonage, Magicjack saves $80/yr.

So how is the quality of the Magicjack?

smarteverything said: suezyque said: Yea, I'm still not getting the advantage of Vonage over Magicjack. I have Magicjack and paid $40 for the device and the first year of service. So even at $10/month with Vonage, Magicjack saves $80/yr.

I've been using it for 2 months now without one bit of trouble. The sound is clear, and it doesn't drop calls. I can call all over and people can call me. Seems like a no brainer to me.

suezyque said: smarteverything said: suezyque said: Yea, I'm still not getting the advantage of Vonage over Magicjack. I have Magicjack and paid $40 for the device and the first year of service. So even at $10/month with Vonage, Magicjack saves $80/yr.

I've been using it for 2 months now without one bit of trouble. The sound is clear, and it doesn't drop calls. I can call all over and people can call me. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Did you port you number to MagicJack?
How many days did it take?
TIA

deallover said: suezyque said: smarteverything said: suezyque said: Yea, I'm still not getting the advantage of Vonage over Magicjack. I have Magicjack and paid $40 for the device and the first year of service. So even at $10/month with Vonage, Magicjack saves $80/yr.

TIA

no, I just chose a new number. Once I did that it was hooked up in minutes.

suezyque said: deallover said: suezyque said: smarteverything said: suezyque said: Yea, I'm still not getting the advantage of Vonage over Magicjack. I have Magicjack and paid $40 for the device and the first year of service. So even at $10/month with Vonage, Magicjack saves $80/yr.

TIA

no, I just chose a new number. Once I did that it was hooked up in minutes.

Seems like you cannot port your number.
That is why I don't want to use them, because don't want to lose my number.

i called vonaged and told them i wanted to cancel and they gave me a free month and 9.95 unlimited for 6 months 7/2/08 is when i called

KidRock9999 said: i called vonaged and told them i wanted to cancel and they gave me a free month and 9.95 unlimited for 6 months 7/2/08 is when i called

thats because magicjack is killing them.... magic jack is much much cheaper and use any phone not a voip phone

i dont use a VOIP phone, you need to read what Vonage is couponjohn, I use a regular cordless phone that i had before i every got Vonage, Skype is the VOIP phone service where you have to use a VOIP phone

magic Jack sucks, i have never had any problems with Vonage and i have had them for a year

Decided to search FW to see if there was an offer after seeing the new T-Mobile deal, and sure enough, FW came thru.

However, I'm hesitant to try it. I had called last year during their first wave of the 14.99 unlimited for life promo (which later became 14.99 for one year). I had the correct promo code applied to mine back then, and still shows in my account.

So assuming that was legit, I would pay $5 less for 6 months, however, I would later pay $10 more a month right after that. Which means, that if no other offer shows within 3 months, I would then start to loose money.

Of course, there's the possibility that when the year is up, the current promo expires regardless of what they said at the time, so I would be back to $24.99 per month.

My main reason for staying with Vonage is their cheap international rate.

couponjohn said: KidRock9999 said: i called vonaged and told them i wanted to cancel and they gave me a free month and 9.95 unlimited for 6 months 7/2/08 is when i called

thats because magicjack is killing them.... magic jack is much much cheaper and use any phone not a voip phone

You realize you can use any regular old phone laying around with Vonage. Right?

The reviews I've seen of MagicJack vary wildly from absolute crap to terrific. I'm going to guess the truth lies somewhere in-between. I'm still on my first "Free" month with Vonage and pretty darn happy thus far.

Thanks OP! It was an easy call. I asked for the promo. CSR said that he will have to check with his supervisor. I told him if you cannot give me this offer I plan on cancelling my service. Got 9.95 for 6 months. I also asked for 2 months free and he gave me the credit (without having to check with his 'supervisor').

Rate Plan Start Date: Jul 5, 2008
Rate Plan End Date: Dec 29,

Current Balance: ($39.70)

Thanks OP...I just called the CS. The CS rep. gave me same crap ... that plan is not available and that there is only 3 months 9.99 plan for new customers only. I complained about the Vonage quality and said I've at least 10 other friends who have reveived the promotional plan of 9.99 for 6 months, I asked him if he can check with his supervisor. I was put on hold and he came back with a big YES!

So I'm on 9.99 unlimited for 6 months + one month free!!

KidRock9999 said: i dont use a VOIP phone, you need to read what Vonage is couponjohn, I use a regular cordless phone that i had before i every got Vonage, Skype is the VOIP phone service where you have to use a VOIP phone

magic Jack sucks, i have never had any problems with Vonage and i have had them for a year

I can read that your a new user with 2 posts.. Vonage = High price
magic jack = better service and much better deal!

couponjohn said: KidRock9999 said: i dont use a VOIP phone, you need to read what Vonage is couponjohn, I use a regular cordless phone that i had before i every got Vonage, Skype is the VOIP phone service where you have to use a VOIP phone

How is it that KidRock's newness to Fatwallet has anything to do with the misinformation you were spreading above:

So, by your rationale, new posters can not have relevant information and/or must be pimping a product for personal gain?

It is obvious that you have never used Vonage or you would have never made your stupid "voip phone" comment. You probably also don't realize that Vonage offers free international calling to many countries that Magic Jack doesn't. Also, how much does it cost you to leave you computer on all of the time? Can you port a number to Majic Jack yet....no. Both products have their place and are perhaps aimed at different audiences.

Personally, I can't comment on Magic Jack, as I have never used it. I have used Vonage for the last 4 years and I have been very happy with the pricing, features and quality.

gumbydamnit said: couponjohn said: KidRock9999 said: i dont use a VOIP phone, you need to read what Vonage is couponjohn, I use a regular cordless phone that i had before i every got Vonage, Skype is the VOIP phone service where you have to use a VOIP phone

How is it that KidRock's newness to Fatwallet has anything to do with the misinformation you were spreading above:

So, by your rationale, new posters can not have relevant information and/or must be pimping a product for personal gain?

It is obvious that you have never used Vonage or you would have never made your stupid "voip phone" comment. You probably also don't realize that Vonage offers free international calling to many countries that Magic Jack doesn't. Also, how much does it cost you to leave you computer on all of the time? Can you port a number to Majic Jack yet....no. Both products have their place and are perhaps aimed at different audiences.

Personally, I can't comment on Magic Jack, as I have never used it. I have used Vonage for the last 4 years and I have been very happy with the pricing, features and quality.

Cost ok lets see

magic jack 20 bucks a year
Vonage 24.95 a month

no brainier magic jack wins

Leave computer on?

lets see if you leave your router on for Vonage how many shut the computer off?
I guess you and yourself...

Quality?
well no doubt about it there both with some flaws but to tell the truth magicjack is just as good if not better.

No I cant port a number to magic jack but then I'm not paying 25 bucks a month like you are.

Ill shut up and let the topic roll .......just giving other advice of great service I found..

Looks like magic jack wins. Sit down and take a number.

I just joined Vonage as a new customer 7/3. I ported my 10 year old AT&T land line over and it was seamless! I just plugged their adapter into my router, and plugged the phone line into one of my wall jacks and all the wall jacks in the house worked right away (Very important for me). The customization options are just unbelievable! Even the home alarm works. It just can not be beat at $24.99 (after my 3 month $9.99 ends) and it includes calls to landlines in 5 European countries (I call UK landlines a lot).

how long does it take to get the adaptor? Did you pay for the shipping? thanks.

mrcamp said: I just joined Vonage as a new customer 7/3. I ported my 10 year old AT&T land line over and it was seamless! I just plugged their adapter into my router, and plugged the phone line into one of my wall jacks and all the wall jacks in the house worked right away (Very important for me). The customization options are just unbelievable! Even the home alarm works. It just can not be beat at $24.99 (after my 3 month $9.99 ends) and it includes calls to landlines in 5 European countries (I call UK landlines a lot).

mrcamp said: I just joined Vonage as a new customer 7/3. I ported my 10 year old AT&T land line over and it was seamless! I just plugged their adapter into my router, and plugged the phone line into one of my wall jacks and all the wall jacks in the house worked right away (Very important for me). I hope that you have taken precautions as outlined in this article, otherwise you can end up frying your adapter.

If Magic Jack is the best option for you, great...enjoy it, I know many do. This topic was never about Magic Jack, it was about how to get a savings on Vonage. I know that the idea of paying more for free international calling, the ability to port a number and better stability (Vonage is more reliable than most personal PCs, but I am certain your machine never goes down) does not appeal to you. However, there are many who are willing to pay additional funds for these services that are not provided by Magic Jack. Just because it's (Vonage) not the right move for you, don't be so narrow minded to think that everyone has your same requirements in phone service.

CouponJohn said: Leave computer on?

lets see if you leave your router on for Vonage how many shut the computer off?
I guess you and yourself...

I'm not exactly certain as to what arguemet you are trying to make. Are you trying to suggest the electrical draw from a router and computer are same?

CouponJohn said: Quality?
well no doubt about it there both with some flaws but to tell the truth magicjack is just as good if not better

Perhaps Magic Jack is better. I don't know as I have never used Magic Jack. I can't really rely on your word.....you didn't even know that Vonage used a regular phone.

CouponJohn said: No I cant port a number to magic jack but then I'm not paying 25 bucks a month like you are.

Thanks to Fatwallet, I don't pay 25 a month. Even if I had to pay $25 a month, I would gladly do it to keep the same business phone number that I have had for the last 7 years.

CouponJohn said: Ill shut up and let the topic roll .......just giving other advice of great service I found..

I appreciate that Magic Jack gets a mention here as I am certain that it's a better option for some (assuming call quality is there). Just realize that it does have some limitations when compared to Vonage.

my newness to FW has nothing to do with your bad information about Vonage, you have like close too 2K posts and didnt even know you can use any phone with Vonage, HAHAHA, i went to magicjack website, it sounds good, but what if you dont leave your pc on all the time, I turn mine off when im not using it and my Vonage still works, the pull of power from my adapter i doubt is the same as having your pc on all the time, I dont mind paying $25 a month for reliable phone service, but i actually only pay $10 a month and its well worth it. IF Magic Jack is your thing then be my guest, but i dont like it, so i dont have it

Thanks OP.

I called today and they only offered me a $14.99 per month for the unlimited plan, and 2 months of free service. If anyone got the $9.99 rate this week, pls post and I will try once again.

I'm a little confused. I've been plannign to sign up for Vonage this week, but their website makes no mention of any promotions other than the first month free, and then either 14.99 a month or 24.99 a month. Is it possible for a new sign-up to get the free month plus 9.99 a month deal? or should I wait until my first month is up to try to get it?

There's a lot of talk here about Magic Jack, and although it's cheap, you're giving up a lot when you use it.

Read this article about their EULA, and try to find info about the company.

When I called Vonage Customer Service (main number listed on their webpage), they told me that 9.95 for 6 month + 1 month free promo is only for existing customers that threaten to cancel the account, this promo is offered to them as a "last resort".

While the CSR was speaking with Account Manager, the manager initially did not knew that I am *NOT* on hold , and I heard him asking the CSR if the customer is asking for a promotional rate of $3.99/Month. Then they quickly put me on hold, when they got back on line, I asked details of $3.99 promotion and I got my line disconnected by them .

When I called again, as a new customer, I was offered 9.95 for 3 months + waive activation + free adaptor (Motorola VT2142RB) and shipping of 9.95 for the adaptor. They did not offer 14.95/year.

By the way, please do not highjack this thread by discussing Magic Jack, deal discussions forum is the best suited for this discussion.

Just called. Was told at first to hang up, call the number and say: "I don't know my Vonage number." Then say "I want to cancel." This brings you up to the front of the wait, apparently.

Told the CSR, "I like Vonage, but TMobile is offering me the same plan for $10." She immediately offered me $14.95 for one year. I said "how about a free month, and you might have a deal." Got next month free, and $15 for next 12 months. After that, I bet VOIP is even less than $10 from the competitors.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014