• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Our local Cookeville TN Lowes had just put the display models of these lights out in the clearance area at the end of one of the lighting aisles. They were originally $198 and come in two styles. One all-bronze palm tree, uses 3 40-watt bulbs, very heavy, weatherproof, long long outdoor cord with 3-prong plug. The other style is not as massive, and the palm fronds are a frosty lime green (not nearly as attractive as the all-bronze one, IMHO).
Both were marked $99, originally $198. I browsed around them casually for several minutes while waiting for my DH to come back from another aisle, and then I asked the clerk "What's the best you can do for me on this one", pointing to the all-bronze one. He thought a minute and then said he could go down to $75.
We brought it home, set it up in the flower garden next to the front walkway, added 3 40-watt bulbs, plugged it into an outside outlet...and WOW WOW WOW!!!! Talk about a stunning yard light..this is it!!!!
Anyway, here are the details:
Brand: Portfolio
Style: Palm Tree Outdoor Post Light
Lowe's Item No. 116705
Model: 4860
There was no box as this was the floor model, so I can't supply a UPC. I tried to find an image of it online but could not find this particular post light. Hope some of you are lucky enough to find one at your local Lowe's too.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Is this national?

I went to my local Lowes and got the last Bronze one (display). Very heavy. Was marked $99 dollars, I asked the manager and she gave it to me for $50!!! I am psyched!

Could either of you please take a picture of it?
Also would it be too bright for a back porch light, where you'd be seated near it?

Congrats on the $50 price, Keflon. And to answer your question, slickone, no it would not be too bright, I think. It uses 3 40-watt bulbs that are covered with clear plastic globes. I found a photo of one that looked like it, the main difference being that one has a decorative base while the Lowe's one has a simple heavy round base. I found it by typing in the model number. Apparently Portfolio is Lowe's proprietary brand name, and the lights are actually manufactured by another company (maybe Top Lighting????). Here's the URL that I found (hope I remember how to make a link).
Top Lighting Outdoor Palm Tree Post Light

Well, it's an https link, so I'll try again:
Top Lighting Outdoor Post Light Palm Tree

The pricing on the Top Lighting site is lower than Lowe's, but they're sold out, and anyway you won't have to pay shipping (this thing is HEAVY) if you just go get it at Lowe's.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014