• 175767778 79
  • Page
  • Text Only
itsme3112 said:   How is T3i for the current price?
I never had an SLR and was thinking about buying one.
Any comments would be helpful.

The T3i is very similar to the T4i except for one key difference: the touchscreen.  Basically you can use the camera like an iPhone camera app with touch to focus, swipe to view images, etc.  For me, going from a T1i, there are many more upgrades in the T4i that I'm psyched about like the articulating screen which the T3i has too, but the touchscreen will allow me to get more into the advanced settings.  I never really found the menu system on the T1i intuitive and changing settings quickly was always a chore for me with the buttons and dial system.  I'm really excited for the touchscreen in this respect.  Whether it is worth it is completely a personal choice.   Both are great cameras.  If you want touchscreen go for the T4i.  If that's not an issue, then get the T3i for less money.

OK, wait, a major edit here.  Another huge difference between the T3i and the T4i is that the T4i can be bundled with the 18-135 STM lens.  This is a big step up from the 18-55 lens that you would get with the T3i, or any other combination of lenses you can get with that camera.  Factor that in when making the decision.  You will not regret spending more for the T4i with that lens vs the T3i with an 18-55, especially if you plan to shoot ANY videos with the camera. 

That is a big difference.
Thanks

itsme3112 said:   
itsme3112 said:   How is T3i for the current price?
I never had an SLR and was thinking about buying one.
Any comments would be helpful.


  Also, the ability to take advantage of the STM lenses for smooth auto-focus in video makes T4i (or T5i) more compelling than T3i if you want to be able to shoot video.  I own a T3i, with which I'm very happy, but I'm relegated to manual focus while shooting video, b/c auto-focus takes too long and is too choppy.

Anyone bought T4i from loyalty Program with lenses?
I wonder what is the difference in price between T3i and T4i

itsme3112 said:   Anyone bought T4i from loyaly Program with lenses?
I wonder what is the difference in price between T3i and T4i

  Hmmmmm, I wonder....  Maybe you should go to the site and have a look?  I hear they post their prices right there for everyone to see!    Happy surfing!

itsme3112 said:   Anyone bought T4i from loyaly Program with lenses?
I wonder what is the difference in price between T3i and T4i

  See here or here.

I bought about 3 dslrs from loyality program, everyone was like new.

Mine (T3i) looked like new but the SD card door switch (so the camera knows when the SD card door is open) stopped working after 18 months and 92 actuations. $210 to fix. Probably just bad luck. We'll see how my new SL1 performs.

Just called Canon about the CLP this morning because I was looking to upgrade my damaged S95. The lady I spoke to gave me these prices for just the following:

t3i body: $319.99 18-55 lens: $383.99
t4i body: $409.59 18-55 lens: $460.79 18-135 lens; $588.29
60d body: $460.79 18-55 lens: $613.89 18-135 lens: $$831.36

and for powershots they gave me these:
G15: $323.99
G1X: $526.49
S100: $202.99
S110: $236.24

Now to decide which one I want to replace my S95

There are some interesting comments on the S100 vs S110 in this thread.  (I have an S100 and really like it, though I'm sort-of considering the new S120.)

Also, Adorama has the refurbished S100 for less than Canon.  I believe it's the same package but you'd want to confirm the warranty with them.

The price for a new G15 on Amazon is $354 and free shipping
Canon wants $324 for a refurb? 

Powershot  S110 Refurb for $236.24
New one at Amazon for $219.99 

Less for new than re-furb with a full warranty. 
Whadya gonna do?

If that''s representative of their prices........
They gotta do better than that

There used to be deals at Canon....these ain't deals.  Maybe the DLSR deals are better but who wants a 1 ton camera?
 

I've been following this thread for a few years hoping to trade in an old broken S2 for something worthy, but I haven't seen anything. Their refurb prices even with the loyalty discount are not that much lower than if you find a hot deal on brand new retail equivalent.

S110 can be had for <$180 with a free printer, paper, and camera case.

Great tip, thanks! I'm a part-time photographer I love this kind of info!

nexialist said:   The price for a new G15 on Amazon is $354 and free shipping
Canon wants $324 for a refurb?

  
Where do you see new G15 on Amazon for $354?

It's showing up as $389 for me.

rainchik2 said:   
nexialist said:   The price for a new G15 on Amazon is $354 and free shipping
Canon wants $324 for a refurb?

  
Where do you see new G15 on Amazon for $354?

It's showing up as $389 for me.

  $354 was the Amazon price on 1-10-14 when I posted. 

Anyone ever trade a 60D or 50D in? I've got a 60D with a bad upper button panel I think. Haven't checked to see what repairs would cost but I don't need much reason to swap up. Got the 60D back 9/11 and have used the heck out of it. Might be time to upgrade, but should I get the 60 fixed and peddle it on the bay or trade? Hmm

just called clp and ordered an eos 60d with 18-135 is lens for $615. not bad!
thanks for the info....

I have a Canon EOS Rebel X film camera with 35-80mm and 80-200mm lenses, heavy duty neck strap, Canon case and some Fuji film.  Would it be worth anything to anyone?  I would appreciate an email to susanwoods63@gmail.com

minisusanwoods said:   I have a Canon EOS Rebel X film camera with 35-80mm and 80-200mm lenses, heavy duty neck strap, Canon case and some Fuji film.  Would it be worth anything to anyone?  I would appreciate an email to susanwoods63@gmail.com
  Funny, I have (I believe) the exact same stuff that I got in as a college graduation gift 1997. Great ilm camera, the whole setup was ~$800-$1,000 back then.

Then digital cameras arrived and that was that.

thinksnow said:   
minisusanwoods said:   I have a Canon EOS Rebel X film camera with 35-80mm and 80-200mm lenses, heavy duty neck strap, Canon case and some Fuji film.  Would it be worth anything to anyone?  I would appreciate an email to susanwoods63@gmail.com
  Funny, I have (I believe) the exact same stuff that I got in as a college graduation gift 1997. Great ilm camera, the whole setup was ~$800-$1,000 back then.

Then digital cameras arrived and that was that.

  Wondering why you would encourage first time posters trying to sell their $hit.

Now that you mention it, I just wasn't paying attention. Sorry about that folks, move along. Nothing to see here.

bobxu1 said:   just called clp and ordered an eos 60d with 18-135 is lens for $615. not bad!
thanks for the info....

  $615 was your final cost?  What did you send in?

legirons said:   
bobxu1 said:   just called clp and ordered an eos 60d with 18-135 is lens for $615. not bad!
thanks for the info....

  $615 was your final cost?  What did you send in?

  It is that price for anyone without a trade in on the Canon website.
http://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/cameras/refurbished-eos-digital-slr-cameras/eos-60d-ef-s-18-135mm-is-lens-kit-refurbished?utm_source=google&utm_medium=Product_Search&utm_campaign=Google_Product_Feed&cm_mmc=GA-_-Camera_Accessories-_-G_Canon_Product%20Listing%20Ads-_-22093

Amazon sells it for 850.00 new. Nice savings on this one. 
 

robertw477 said:   
legirons said:   
bobxu1 said:   just called clp and ordered an eos 60d with 18-135 is lens for $615. not bad!
thanks for the info....

  $615 was your final cost?  What did you send in?

  It is that price for anyone without a trade in on the Canon website.
http://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/cameras/refurbished-eo...

Amazon sells it for 850.00 new. Nice savings on this one. 

  I agree it's a good price,  I thought this thread was about trading in cameras. Sorry

Any update on current pricing?

Refurbished site has some discounting going on, in some cases it is better than loyalty pricing. Deal ends June 14th.

T4i with 18-135mm lens for $588 with free shipping (not including sales tax)

mooncusser said:   T4i with 18-135mm lens for $588 with free shipping (not including sales tax)
  just scored the same for my birthday, trading in my AE-1 program

hammer45 said:   Any update on current pricing?
  looks like is 20% off the refurb pricing, however not everything isn't offered like the T5i isn't an option , i think it's to protect their retailers and, keep people from taking them straight to eBay and turning a quick buck

so, you just need to call and see what's on the program

last call i made, 60D, 7D, 6D

Has anyone seen a rebel t5 lately?  Not the t5i, looking for a t5 body only.

nickmdeal said:   Has anyone seen a rebel t5 lately?  Not the t5i, looking for a t5 body only.
  http://www.rakuten.com/prod/canon-eos-rebel-t5-18-megapixel-digi...


Amazon.com : Canon EOS Rebel T5 DSLR Camera Body Only : Camera Photo
Disclaimer
nickmdeal said:   Has anyone seen a rebel t5 lately?  Not the t5i, looking for a t5 body only.
  amazon
here 2

skh12 said:   
nickmdeal said:   Has anyone seen a rebel t5 lately?  Not the t5i, looking for a t5 body only.
  amazon 
here 2

  Thanks for the links.  I had found those, but the retailers always give me concern.  Especially the ones not listed on canons authorized dealers usa list.  Neither Rakutan (above post) and electronics basket show as authorized dealers.  This camera is funny, not too available even though it was released this year I believe.  I know the t5i is better, but the man I'm getting for it just SOO against the flippy floppy screen, doesn't want that at all..  

nickmdeal said:   
skh12 said:   
nickmdeal said:   Has anyone seen a rebel t5 lately?  Not the t5i, looking for a t5 body only.
  amazon 
here 2

  Thanks for the links.  I had found those, but the retailers always give me concern.  Especially the ones not listed on canons authorized dealers usa list.  Neither Rakutan (above post) and electronics basket show as authorized dealers.  This camera is funny, not too available even though it was released this year I believe.  I know the t5i is better, but the man I'm getting for it just SOO against the flippy floppy screen, doesn't want that at all..  

  the T5 has the digic 4 processor, if your dead set against the screen, have you looked at the SL1? usually deals can be had and it has the digic 5

I called the canon and got the following price:

6D $1,367.28 plus tax
7D $959.36 plus tax

  • Archived From: ForumsHot Deals

  • 175767778 79
  • Page


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014