• 16 7 891079
  • Page
  • Text Only
ztoop said: I did a good search for refurbished xts online for 287 -- no previous camera necessary.

http://www.preferredphoto.com/viewproduct.aspx?ID=3539197&l=Froogle

Good luck with that!

bordjon said: I did the trade-in deal on Saturday then got an email Monday that the order was processed but still haven't gotten any kind of shipping notice. I did the 2-day shipping instead of 1-day. How long does it take to ship out once the order is placed/processed? Should I have already gotten a shipping notice?

I did the same thing for the XT on Saturday. I'm guessing it'll arrive tomorrow (Wed) but no emails with shipping notice/tracking numbers received.

Now if I can find deals on lenses and compact flash...

trade up for zr80 camcorder (really old )

all are refurbished

zr800 - $150
dc220 - $210
hg10 - $599

antang said: bordjon said: I did the trade-in deal on Saturday then got an email Monday that the order was processed but still haven't gotten any kind of shipping notice. I did the 2-day shipping instead of 1-day. How long does it take to ship out once the order is placed/processed? Should I have already gotten a shipping notice?

I did the same thing for the XT on Saturday. I'm guessing it'll arrive tomorrow (Wed) but no emails with shipping notice/tracking numbers received.

Now if I can find deals on lenses and compact flash...

When I did my deal, I got an order confirmation the same day (Thursday) I called, but I didn't get a shipping (2-day) email until Sat.

what does canon send you? camera, documents, cables, software, batteries?

so what if you sent in a camera that you said is broken, but in fact works fine? are they really going to test it out? Even if they did, what would they do, charge you full price instead?...personally i doubt it. especially if it is a really old model, like my s10, which is working fine (the last time i used it 6 years ago). this is my opinion only...if you have been told differently then please share.

You never heard about intermittent problems ?

Never took car to the dealer to find out they "can't duplicate" the problem ?

Use same line here!

But actually I think nobody cares it's broken or not. No difference for them

mrbill187 said: I have a perfectly working powershot s50. However on the dial that sets the shoot mode, all the images (icons) on the dial have rubbed off so i dont know what mode im shooting in. Do you think this will qualify for the upgrade? Im looking for a small point and shoot probably the sd850 they are offering. Im kind of afraid to go ahead and sabotage or break a perfectly working camera for this trade in program.

I would seriously check the reviews before doing that. The S50 was one damn fine camera with the nice big old sensor. My old S230 (3.2 MP) took nicer pictures than an SD800IS I bought last year.

I checked imaging-resource - not a big difference in image quality.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/CS50/CS50A.HTM
http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/SD850IS/SD850ISA.HTM

will they take a broken film camera & give a digital one?

chlobod said: will they take a broken film camera & give a digital one?Please read (e.g. the summary on page 1) before you post. No.
-cd

Just called and was told the Rebel XT is on backorder. I still placed my order...299 OTD.

Traded in a SD400 with a farked up lens and broken lcd

I called in about 40 min agoto trade an S400 (memory card error) and was told the Rebel XT was just put on backorder a few minutes before. I placed the order anyway, but have the option to cancel if the wait gets too long. Total with tax and shipping is $306.

I'll third the fact that it's backordered. Also put in an order. Swapped with S330 that had CCD problem for backordered Rebel XT...

I had a S230 that I turned in for the bad ccd repair and I got a SD630 back for free.

Why Not combine THIS DEAL with this one. Apply for a Discover get and get a free Canon A580, then drop the Canon and upgrade it!

has anyone tried with sd300?

cchen said: has anyone tried with sd300?

I'm sure that'll be fine. I just swapped an SD400. I've heard other people swapping much older cameras than the sd300.

They still haven't shipped my order I placed on Saturday and I'm leaving for a 10-day vacation on Friday. I may be screwed if it doesn't show up by then because I won't be able to mail my old camera back within the 10 days.

add s200 on the list.

also confirming rbel xt on backorder.

too bad i can't find my old s10, rather trade that one in.

I placed my order on xt yesterday at 8pm. Good that I jumped in before it went on backorder. Hope yall get them soon!

For the Rebel XT, did they ask any of of you if you wanted silver or black?

Exodus said: I had a S230 that I turned in for the bad ccd repair and I got a SD630 back for free.

Yeah, I saw this deal and decided to call for my S230 that had the CCD issue. I didnt want to pay for anything
more since I have another Canon also. Anyway, I sent back the S230 and got the SD630 back.

I guess they are not repairing them, just replacing with another comparable model.

Just FYI.

Woo hoo, I got my Canon G9! Exactly 2 days after I called. Btw, my old camera is a G2.

Called on Monday morning (Aug 4) around 9AM EST.
Called the loyalty dept an hour ago asking the status of my order and was told: Order received but not processed yet.
But now I have the camera in front of me. I didn't received any emails on order confirmation or tracking. Got an email asking for feedback though (re: recent call to Canon tech support).

What in the box (plain white box with Canon logo):
- The box is marked with "Media card(s) not included", but there's a 16MB MMC card inside.
- FedEx return label for my old camera & instructions on how to return. DO NOT return these items: battery, memory card, case, connecting cable. If Canon does not receive your original unit within 10 business days after you receive your replacement unit, your cc will be charged for an amount as set by Canon.
- Camera (looks like new, haven't tried it yet. Not a single scratch, has a refurbished sticker)
- CD and manuals.
- Cables, strap
- New battery and wall-charging unit

ccryan2000 said: For the Rebel XT, did they ask any of of you if you wanted silver or black?

I was told only silver is available when I called on Sat.

My g9 just showed up! Ordered Saturday - got an order confirmation Monday - never got any shipping notice. Looks great - really clean - looks brand new. Charging up the battery now. Mine came with a Canon 16mb SD card.

squid3 said: Pack-rats rejoiceI flooded my canon camera in July. I think I took it home with me from my trip....can't wait to find out tonight!

Rebel XT Only come in Silver.

I just called in to trade-in my broken S200 and went for the Silver Rebel XT.
It's currently on backorder for 2-4 weeks. I went ahead w/ it anyway. Comes out $307 total.

ahecht said: They still haven't shipped my order I placed on Saturday and I'm leaving for a 10-day vacation on Friday. I may be screwed if it doesn't show up by then because I won't be able to mail my old camera back within the 10 days.

Nevermind. My camera, which according to Canon hasn't shipped, arrived this morning.

perkedel said: I just called in to trade-in my broken S200 and went for the Silver Rebel XT.
It's currently on backorder for 2-4 weeks. I went ahead w/ it anyway. Comes out $307 total.

Eventually they're going to run out of the refurb XT's. Maybe they'll start offering something higher up on the food chain soon, or refurb XTi's perhaps?

The tech I just spoke w/at Canon said the camera must be broken to do the upgrade.

So I'm speaking with the guy on the phone and staring at my camera thinking, what exactly am I going to do to break this thing...?

A minute later he asked me what was wrong with it. Sort-of thinking out loud I told him it got hit with a hammer.

The guy did some serious hesitating and I think he came within a whisker of making me send it in before selling me a G9. Ah, loyalty!

It's a good idea to have your story straight before you call.

thanks everyone for taking the XT. now I will maybe get the XTi

Will be exchanging a S45 and S50 with both a semi-broken sliding cover for a Rebel XT and G9. Batteries are compatible on all so I don't need extras. I called 2 different times btw. They should be arriving tomorrow and Friday. The sd850 is a nice option too but I already got the sd800.
I never even heard about this program before and I've been here for years...Thanks OP!

For the Rebel XT, didn't the support rep indicate it is on backorder? Maybe a fresh shipment came in this afternoon?

Just got xt. It's silver

Called on Sunday to replace my S2 IS.

Called in this morning to check the status, and was told no shipping info yet.

The camera seems like brand new!

I have an SD600 and older A80, is this worth trading either of those in? Both work great.

what would i get if my xt flash doesnt work anymore? (doesnt flip up anymore...)

antang said: perkedel said: I just called in to trade-in my broken S200 and went for the Silver Rebel XT.

Eventually they're going to run out of the refurb XT's. Maybe they'll start offering something higher up on the food chain soon, or refurb XTi's perhaps?

Oh, please dont entertain me with that thought.

Chiu0nthls said: what would i get if my xt flash doesnt work anymore? (doesnt flip up anymore...)

I think someone already stated no trade-in for DSLR, but you can always try and report back! Thanks!

• Archived From: ForumsHot Deals

• 16 7 891079
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014