• 17 8 9101179
  • Page
  • Text Only
aw man, i guess ill just a broken canon online.

Chiu0nthls said: what would i get if my xt flash doesnt work anymore? (doesnt flip up anymore...)

This appears to be a common problem with the XT. You might want to call Canon technical support anyway.

really? hmm, hopefully they will fix it for free! just stopped working one day!

MangoGT said: Chiu0nthls said: what would i get if my xt flash doesnt work anymore? (doesnt flip up anymore...)

This appears to be a common problem with the XT. You might want to call Canon technical support anyway.

if this is a common problem... how come they dont fix it? is this the correct number to call? 866.443.8002?

Lappie said: Exodus said: I had a S230 that I turned in for the bad ccd repair and I got a SD630 back for free.

Yeah, I saw this deal and decided to call for my S230 that had the CCD issue. I didnt want to pay for anything
more since I have another Canon also. Anyway, I sent back the S230 and got the SD630 back.

I guess they are not repairing them, just replacing with another comparable model.

Just FYI.
Similar case for my camcorder ZR60 ... just hoping that they give me a free replacement ..

Got my Rebel today. Sadly, it's silver, but hey...

No mention of A530. Is it eligible for the program too?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I just called them and it's good for A560, SD1000 and SX100IS.

Anyone else called on Saturday and not gotten their cameras yet?

I've been sitting here waiting all morning... Argh...

Edit: Finally. I notice everyone has to make a post about it not arriving, then it arrives! Glad I complained on Fatwallet! Ha!

Does this Loyalty program work if you have a broken / cracked LCD? I have an SD450 that has a cracked screen.

Pricing on these?
No mention of A530. Is it eligible for the program too?

I just called them and it's good for A560, SD1000 and SX100IS

sarahlee said: Pricing on these?Check the Quick Summary (after OP) for eligible trades and pricing.

Sweet deal! Where have I been for the past 5 days! LOL! have a broken s400 sitting in my closet. Time for a new camera I don't need.

Remember to sign the "Upgrade Return Procedure" form. I almost sent the old camera back without it.

"...

Upgrade units are not eligible for repair through Canon's factory service center during this warranty term. Warranty service will be provided through the Canon upgrade program by calling Canon's customer care center at 1-800-828-4040. You must retain your shipping invoice as proof of purchase.

By signing below and using this upgrade program I acknowledge and agree that I will keep this replacement product and Canon will not return my original product, which will become the property of Canon. I further agree that if Canon does not receive my original product, together with this upgrade return procedure sheet with my signature, within ten (10) business days of my receipt of the replacement unit, my credit card will be charged by Canon for the fair market value of the original product as determined by Canon in its reasonable discretion.

..."

Get a back-up camera for my 20D ...or... get a G9 for image quality in a smaller form factor. DECISIONS, DECISIONS!

neur0sis said: Does this Loyalty program work if you have a broken / cracked LCD? I have an SD450 that has a cracked screen.Absolutely!
-cd

canydavid said: neur0sis said: Does this Loyalty program work if you have a broken / cracked LCD? I have an SD450 that has a cracked screen.Absolutely!
-cd

Are you sure? I thought these couldn't be abused in any way? Will they still let you upgrade with a broken (physically) LCD?

Let me know!

FlyNReeLow said: canydavid said: neur0sis said: Does this Loyalty program work if you have a broken / cracked LCD? I have an SD450 that has a cracked screen.Absolutely!
-cd

Are you sure? I thought these couldn't be abused in any way? Will they still let you upgrade with a broken (physically) LCD?

Let me know!

They actually require you to assert that your camera is (a) out of warranty and (b) broken before you qualify for the program.

FlyNReeLow said: canydavid said: neur0sis said: Does this Loyalty program work if you have a broken / cracked LCD? I have an SD450 that has a cracked screen.Absolutely!
-cd

Let me know!
Absolutely! That's exactly what happens to most Canon P&S esp. SD line anyways.......You can get sd850is for $150.00 or the larger/more advanced G-9 for $250.00 or the XT w/lens (DSLR) for $275.00. All are refurbs (no biggy) with a 6 mos.warranty.

wjones said: nquinn said: Adding this as a quick note:

I had an old broken SD110 that I was planning on trading in. Doing some digging though, I found that a lot of older cameras had a recall due to a faulty CCD connector.

I shipped my camera back to Canon, who sent me an SD630 in return instead because "parts were no longer" available for the old SD110.

In short, be sure to check for recalls and other notices - you may get a free refurb upgrade

Canon has won my heart since that incident.

Service Notice: CCD Image Sensor Advisory
Affected products:
- Camcorders: ZR60, ZR65 MC, ZR70 MC, ZR80, ZR85, ZR90, ELURA 40 MC, ELURA 50
- Digital Cameras A60, A70, A75, A300, A310, S230, SD100, SD110, A40(*), A80(*), A85(*), A95(*), S1 IS(*), S60(*), S200(*), S330(*), S400(*), S410(*), S500(*)

Here is the LINK

Thanks a bunch for posting these details guys ! I was getting ready to trash my trusty old S230. It just started exibiting the CCD problem. Called Canon yesterday after reading this and following the link above. It's on it's way back to them for repair or replacement today.

I got my Rebel XT today. It looks very cheap (plastic) and I dont like silver color. I should have gone to G9. I already have Nikon D80 and it is so cool.

I am new to DSLR. Bear with me please.

The first pic I took was numbered IMG_9907.jpg. Does this mean this XT had shotted 9906 times already? How many shots can a DSLR has before it dies?

vivitron said: I am new to DSLR. Bear with me please.

The first pic I took was numbered IMG_9907.jpg. Does this mean this XT had shotted 9906 times already? How many shots can a DSLR has before it dies?
Not necessarily. Even if this was a refurb, they would have probably reset all counters inside the camera. Did the memory card you used already have pictures on it? This camera would start numbering AFTER the last number on the card you stuck in.

-cd

vivitron said: I am new to DSLR. Bear with me please.

i believe most dlsr are rated to about 100,000 shots.

canydavid said: vivitron said: I am new to DSLR. Bear with me please.

Not necessarily. Even if this was a refurb, they would have probably reset all counters inside the camera. Did the memory card you used already have pictures on it? This camera would start numbering AFTER the last number on the card you stuck in.

-cd

Thanks, canydavid.

Is there a way to reset the number? From 0001? 9907 is just scary.

vivitron said: canydavid said: vivitron said: I am new to DSLR. Bear with me please.

-cd

Thanks, canydavid.

I don't have that camera, but most have a choice to start each (blank) memory card at 0001 or "continue numbering" (from highest number camera remembers or sees on current card). Change it to the former and insert a blank card, and you should be all set. After shooting the first picture, change it back or each time you insert a new card you'll be back to 0001.

-cd

vivitron said: canydavid said: vivitron said: I am new to DSLR. Bear with me please.

-cd

Thanks, canydavid.

Mine came with folder 899-001. I kinda doubt someone took 899 x 100 pics per folder worth of photos with it...

Take out the memory card, go to MENU-->4th Tab-->File numbering-->Auto Resest-->SET

Put the memory card back in, and it should reset the numbering. I went back to Continuous after that to keep track of how many photos I'm taking.

antang said: vivitron said: canydavid said: vivitron said: I am new to DSLR. Bear with me please.

-cd

Thanks, canydavid.

Mine came with folder 899-001. I kinda doubt someone took 899 x 100 pics per folder worth of photos with it...

Take out the memory card, go to MENU-->4th Tab-->File numbering-->Auto Resest-->SET

Put the memory card back in, and it should reset the numbering. I went back to Continuous after that to keep track of how many photos I'm taking.

antang, mine has a folder 899 too.

I did what you said, and now it's 100-0001. Feel much better

I didn't take out the CF card. That's why the number was not reset. Thanks all!

I am thinking about getting a rebel(trading my sd630) and realized it takes compact flash. Do the all the rebels take compact flash and will it work fine if i use a sd/cf adapter. Also what is the best cf memory to get for this. Thanks

Thanks OP - traded in my A95 for an SX 1100

I have been following the threads and noticed people were spending 5-25 on dead cameras to trade in for refurbished canon rebels. Those of you who are about to do that i found this site. http://www.cameraaddict.com/viewproduct.aspx?id=4894268
it has a silver rebel with lens refurbished for 344. Free shipping and pretty sure no tax. Found this to be the cheapest thru cnet when i was looking at the reviews for the camera. Hope this helps.

torrel said: I have been following the threads and noticed people were spending 5-25 on dead cameras to trade in for refurbished canon rebels. Those of you who are about to do that i found this site. http://www.cameraaddict.com/viewproduct.aspx?id=4894268
it has a silver rebel with lens refurbished for 344. Free shipping and pretty sure no tax. Found this to be the cheapest thru cnet when i was looking at the reviews for the camera. Hope this helps.

Please order one from them and let us all know your experience with them.

Reseller Ratings

Thanx OP. Green for you. Traded my old A520.

antang said: Anyone else called on Saturday and not gotten their cameras yet?

I've been sitting here waiting all morning... Argh...

Edit: Finally. I notice everyone has to make a post about it not arriving, then it arrives! Glad I complained on Fatwallet! Ha!

Yeah...I placed my order on Saturday too and it hasn't arrived yet...

torrel said: I am thinking about getting a rebel(trading my sd630) and realized it takes compact flash. Do the all the rebels take compact flash and will it work fine if i use a sd/cf adapter. Also what is the best cf memory to get for this. Thanks

The newest Rebel, the XSi takes SD only. But the XT offered here and all the other Rebels are CF. I've never tried a SD->CF adapter, so I can't say for sure that it would work, but I would think it should.

I've always shot with Sandisk Ultra II or Extreme III cards. I don't think the camera can even write fast enough to max out the speed of the Ultra II, much less the Extreme line.

jfoust said: torrel said: I am thinking about getting a rebel(trading my sd630) and realized it takes compact flash. Do the all the rebels take compact flash and will it work fine if i use a sd/cf adapter. Also what is the best cf memory to get for this. Thanks

The newest Rebel, the XSi takes SD only. But the XT offered here and all the other Rebels are CF. I've never tried a SD->CF adapter, so I can't say for sure that it would work, but I would think it should.

I've always shot with Sandisk Ultra II or Extreme III cards. I don't think the camera can even write fast enough to max out the speed of the Ultra II, much less the Extreme line.
But the hi speed of the card is valuable when transferring your data to the computer...
-cd

Or when shooting RAW and trying to clear your Camera's buffer, or when shooting sports.

Regarding numbering...

Ou CAN have it reset everytime you put in a new card, but be carefull while loaing them onto your computer, they may overwrite.. I leave mine count up.. the numbers are all different even when I change cards..

sdsviet said: vivitron said: I am new to DSLR. Bear with me please.

Most HIGH end DSLR are rated to 100,000 maybe, I think the rebel was rated at 50-75k, but even then no company rating was originally given.

torrel said: I have been following the threads and noticed people were spending 5-25 on dead cameras to trade in for refurbished canon rebels. I got a couple too......

nickmdeal said: sdsviet said: vivitron said: I am new to DSLR. Bear with me please.

Most HIGH end DSLR are rated to 100,000 maybe, I think the rebel was rated at 50-75k, but even then no company rating was originally given.

Current Canon and Nikon HIGH-end dSLR's are rated for over 200k cycles (the 1d Mark 3 is rated for 300k cycles), while most of the mid-range dSLR's (such as the 40d) are rated at 100k cycles.

I don't believe Canon published this information for the XT's shutter, but presuming it lasts for ONLY 50k cycles then you need to average 50 pictures a day EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR for two+ straight years to reach the limit. Then you could, but you'd be foolish to, pay Canon $150 to install a new shutter and keep right on shooting.

My point is: don't let this issue hold you back.

• Archived From: ForumsHot Deals

• 17 8 9101179
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014