• 172 73 74757679
  • Page
  • Text Only
hello i am from Bangladesh. i have a Canon AE-1. am i eligible for this lottery? can i get something new by submitting this model? once this cam was a rock star
please inform

darkenergy said:   

Is this deal still on? The last time I checked, it was suppose to end on Jan 7. Now I can't find it.

Looks like it is $714 now. I hesitated when it was $640 and it went up to 695.

any update recently, not sure about 60D with lens $831 ... price has drop so much
I saw s95 is cheaper new than refurb?

5D MK II is available in Canon Direct Store- however, I don't know whether it is available through Loyalty program. Just heads up for somebody who is lurking. I would've bought one- except I am in the process of changing jobs, so I need to pass on this deal.. sigh.

I just called Canon, as I bought a 7D through the program last summer and it ended up being $1159 after tax(!), but the rep said the 5D MK II is the only camera NOT offered in the program. 7D still is and is still that price, coming with a 90 day warranty. Mine's been perfect. Killer deal, just wish the 5D MK II was available, since it would be a little less than $1700 after tax. Too bad.

I'm thinking of doing the 50D w/28-135mm. The lens is crap, but you can sell it in a second on eBay for $200 and end up with a 50D body w/ warranty for @ $475. Not bad.

I got one 50D from them a few months ago. Great piece. Almost Brand New.
Have been happily using since. Nothing beats it so far!
Green for you OP.

joenavas said:   I'm thinking of doing the 50D w/28-135mm. The lens is crap, but you can sell it in a second on eBay for $200 and end up with a 50D body w/ warranty for @ $475. Not bad.

I have to disagree about the 28-135mm lens. I think that it is a great lens: focuses quickly, sharp, built well. It's not an L series obviously, but it might be Canon's best non-L zoom lens.

timswim78 said:   joenavas said:   I'm thinking of doing the 50D w/28-135mm. The lens is crap, but you can sell it in a second on eBay for $200 and end up with a 50D body w/ warranty for @ $475. Not bad.

I have to disagree about the 28-135mm lens. I think that it is a great lens: focuses quickly, sharp, built well. It's not an L series obviously, but it might be Canon's best non-L zoom lens.
Agree. It is a bit on the heavy side since it has USM+IS. The newer 18-135 is IS only and hence smaller/lighter. I don't have the 28-135 anymore but loved it when I had it.

Hey, thanks FatWallet forum for this discussion. I was about to order the 60d kit (18-135) from B&H for $1180. I did some last minute googling on the 60D and came across this post last night. I just called up Canon at the direct number above and ordered it. I was nervous they were going to ask 100 question about my old 10D. Not at all -the entire process was under 3 minutes. William, the rep couldn't have been nicer. The total with tax came to $888.32.

Yay Canon, yay FatWallet. You just saved me some bucks! : )

Keep an eye on eBay by asavings. they recently sold brand new 7D for $1099 one day and for $1139 (with no tax, free shipping and $20-25 eBay bucks). that way it could be even cheaper than Canon's refurbished 7D for $1100 (incl tax and shipping).

They dont have 50D anymore. I got one in July and it works great.

I got a 7D myself from eBay (asavings) for $1139 with $22 eBay bucks.

Just called and they have T1i/T2i/T3i 50D 60D and the 7d in stock. I was interested in the 60D with lens (18 - 135)and that is still have same price, $600 body $831 kit.

S95 is part of the program?

lurchy said:   Just called and they have T1i/T2i/T3i 50D 60D and the 7d in stock. I was interested in the 60D with lens (18 - 135)and that is still have same price, $600 body $831 kit.

Wait, the 60d body only is $600 now? Every other time I've seen this posted it was $639. Are you sure it was $600 even? (before tax)

tedbearz said:   S95 is part of the program?

The S90 and S95 is not part of the program, but the CS told me they do have refurbed S90 for $279 and refurbed S95 for $319.

Received 50d body only for $596 (Tax included) but the shutter count on it was 19739 as per the EOSInfo utility from astrojargon which displays all the EXIF info pretty accurately for all Canon EOS XX/X D cameras (except for the 1d and 500d series). Canon claims to provide refurb. units that are NOT CUSTOMER RETURNS but are more like over-stock invenotry returns from the auth. dealers but such a high shutter count proves them wrong. So while this puppy goes back, all you Canon supporters, be careful when buying an EOS under loyalty progm.. Make sure you use the EOSInfo util. to get the accurate shutter count before you take the first shot 'coz an increased shutter count decreases the resale value of your camera body.

sudhs said:   Received 50d body only for $596 (Tax included) but the shutter count on it was 19739 as per the EOSInfo utility from astrojargon which displays all the EXIF info pretty accurately for all Canon EOS XX/X D cameras (except for the 1d and 500d series). Canon claims to provide refurb. units that are NOT CUSTOMER RETURNS but are more like over-stock invenotry returns from the auth. dealers but such a high shutter count proves them wrong. So while this puppy goes back, all you Canon supporters, be careful when buying an EOS under loyalty progm.. Make sure you use the EOSInfo util. to get the accurate shutter count before you take the first shot 'coz an increased shutter count decreases the resale value of your camera body.

Not sure where you was that canon doesn't refurbish customer returns....
Canon refurb program description

hammer45 said:   
Not sure where you was that canon doesn't refurbish customer returns....
Canon refurb program description

And where in that article did you see that Canon claims its refurb. items are customer returns ? Canon's service rep. clearly mentioned over the phone to me that their refurb. products are NOT "customer returns". Maybe by customer returns they mean returned after using it for a while. If the camera was returned 'coz of some defect within the RETURN period of the merchant, then that's a different issue since the cam. was not even used for max. 30 days. However in the case I described, the shutter count is 19,000+ which means it was successfully used for more than 2 iterations of 9999 i.e to say decent clicking for continuous 2-3 years.

Unfortunately, my T1i needs to be replaced. A couple of weeks ago I started noticing some of my pictures were ever so slightly fuzzy and not sharp. It took a while to notice because some pictures seemed fine but others were not. I finally verified the problem after placing both my lenses on a friend's 50D and the pics were as sharp as a laser. So it wasn't the lenses and maybe it was time to upgrade anyway. So my question - I'm interested in a 60D which I can get through the loyalty program at $831 OR I can go through Amazon and buy it for $899 and then turnaround and sell my T1i. Granted it's not working 100% correctly but I'm sure I can get more than $70 for it, right? Am I missing something?

The $899 60D on Amazon is the body only, while the $831 price includes the 18-135mm lens. The same body/lens package is $1,199 on Amazon. If you don't want the lens, the 60D body through the loyalty program is $640.

Oops, you're right.. that definitely makes a difference then. Thanks!

for three years i've watched this thread. I finally get to take advantage of it. swapping my broken a80 for a 60d body! $684 shipped. woohoo!

Picked up a T3i w/ 18-55. $590 shipped. I'll check the shutter count tonight with EOSinfo.

fattie88 said:   Unfortunately, my T1i needs to be replaced. A couple of weeks ago I started noticing some of my pictures were ever so slightly fuzzy and not sharp. It took a while to notice because some pictures seemed fine but others were not. I finally verified the problem after placing both my lenses on a friend's 50D and the pics were as sharp as a laser. So it wasn't the lenses and maybe it was time to upgrade anyway. So my question - I'm interested in a 60D which I can get through the loyalty program at $831 OR I can go through Amazon and buy it for $899 and then turnaround and sell my T1i. Granted it's not working 100% correctly but I'm sure I can get more than $70 for it, right? Am I missing something?

Hey man.. just for your info., your cam. may be having microadjustment issues. All EOSs (except 60D) have microadjustment settings to adjust the cam. for a given and/or all lenses. Check THIS excellet article on how to correct microadjustment problems. Google for "camera microadjustment" and you'll find N no of articles on it. You can send your T1i to the canon service center and they can correct that issue i.e if T1i does not have the microadjustment function. Check in your camera manual for more details. This function is in the extra functions menu towards the far right int he menu function list and not in the normal feature set. So I would NOT recommend on buying the 60D since 60D does not have this function too. Better would be to shell out a little more and get the 7D or just get the refurb. 50D which clicks nice pics. and has even better (6.3 fps) cont. shutter rate

rricks said:   Picked up a T3i w/ 18-55. $590 shipped. I'll check the shutter count tonight with EOSinfo.

Don't know if EOSInfo will work on T3i or not but still, please do post your findings.

I'll bet these questions have been answered before, but...

Would I only need to send my old junky camera to Canon to qualify? I don't need to send any of the accessories like cords, battery, manual, discs, et cetera, do I? I've got an old camera and all its fixings, but I also already have a T3i, so I'd like to wait a while to trade in. Just wondering if I can throw out the fixings (I'm trying to de-clutter here!).

Does the camera have to be registered with Canon under my name to qualify?

hypnicjerk said:   I'll bet these questions have been answered before, but...

Would I only need to send my old junky camera to Canon to qualify?

I don't need to send any of the accessories like cords, battery, manual, discs, et cetera, do I? I've got an old camera and all its fixings, but I also already have a T3i, so I'd like to wait a while to trade in. Just wondering if I can throw out the fixings (I'm trying to de-clutter here!).

Does the camera have to be registered with Canon under my name to qualify?

Yes
No, You don't need to send the accessories.
No.

sudhs said:   fattie88 said:   Unfortunately, my T1i needs to be replaced. A couple of weeks ago I started noticing some of my pictures were ever so slightly fuzzy and not sharp. It took a while to notice because some pictures seemed fine but others were not. I finally verified the problem after placing both my lenses on a friend's 50D and the pics were as sharp as a laser. So it wasn't the lenses and maybe it was time to upgrade anyway. So my question - I'm interested in a 60D which I can get through the loyalty program at $831 OR I can go through Amazon and buy it for $899 and then turnaround and sell my T1i. Granted it's not working 100% correctly but I'm sure I can get more than $70 for it, right? Am I missing something?

Hey man.. just for your info., your cam. may be having microadjustment issues. All EOSs (except 60D) have microadjustment settings to adjust the cam. for a given and/or all lenses. Check THIS excellet article on how to correct microadjustment problems. Google for "camera microadjustment" and you'll find N no of articles on it. You can send your T1i to the canon service center and they can correct that issue i.e if T1i does not have the microadjustment function. Check in your camera manual for more details. This function is in the extra functions menu towards the far right int he menu function list and not in the normal feature set. So I would NOT recommend on buying the 60D since 60D does not have this function too. Better would be to shell out a little more and get the 7D or just get the refurb. 50D which clicks nice pics. and has even better (6.3 fps) cont. shutter rate

Keep in mind that 50D does not shoot video. 60D does if that matters to you.

abang said:   
Yes
No, You don't need to send the accessories.
No.

Thank you!

sudhs said:   rricks said:   Picked up a T3i w/ 18-55. $590 shipped. I'll check the shutter count tonight with EOSinfo.

Don't know if EOSInfo will work on T3i or not but still, please do post your findings.

No it will not. I had to use http://eoscount.com and allow it to install an active x control...that worked, but it gave me the willies. I don't use IE for much and it's not that big of a deal, but i'm just alerting folks to the potential issues with rogue active x controls...eoscount worked on my t3i as well as my 60d.

the other option is use magic lantern firmware, but I was too nervous to use altered firmware on my camera...

60d confirmed in stock. Just ordered. The price is still $640 + tax, not $600 as stated above. Of interest, the Rep on the phone mentioned that the returned cameras go straight to a recycling center, which would seem to answer the question about whether or not the old camera actually needs to be busted. They likely just check that the package was sent at some point after the 14-day period, if at all.

Sorry about the price mistake, you are correct. The 60D body only is about $640 and the kit w/ lens is $831. Just ordered the Kit and had it 2nd day shipped to me. It came up to $901 tax and 2nd day shipping. 5-7 day is free shipping and 2nd day shipping is $25 and next day is $35.

As of last week, 5D mark II is not yet available. Would appreciate it if people update availability on this as available.

As of ....NOW....the 5D MKII is not available. If it comes available, buy it BEFORE you post about it, and don't think about it. You think you'll loose out.

Worth every penny.

If you do see a post that the 5D MKII is available, you probably missed out already.

Oh! last and most important! If you do hear the 5D MKII is available, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PM me right away!! Before you buy or post it! PLEASE!

sudhs said:   rricks said:   Picked up a T3i w/ 18-55. $590 shipped. I'll check the shutter count tonight with EOSinfo.

Installed magic lantern. <10 activations, so the unit I received was essentially brand new.

Looks like a bunch of the SLRs dropped in price $40 to $120 ($240 in the case of the 5D MKII which is in stock at the moment). I just got the T3i kit for $543.99 plus tax.

Canon 5D Mark II is available as of now.

bintford said:   Canon 5D Mark II is available as of now.

Available via CLP?

• Archived From: ForumsHot Deals

• 172 73 74757679
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014