• 174 75 76777879
  • Page
  • Text Only
I traded in an S410 that was in horrible shape (it had been previously dropped). I purchased it to get the charger that came with it since my mother misplaced the charger that went with her S400. I let my kids play with the S410 and knew that I would eventually use it as a trade in.

After waiting for non-existent coupon for few weeks, I finally pulled the trigger and got an S95 under the program - 10% discount on their refurbished. Got one in a bad shape, the lens was very scratchy, the body was not that great either - even my broken 5 year old lens still looks much better. Call back, the rep was very courteous - got the replacement in a day. Better condition, except a bit of scratch in the middle of the lens. Been using it for a week, really nice camera under low lighting... but somehow I am not satisfied with its sharpness. I don't want to pay $ 260's for this - I may cave in for a new one instead, perhaps a Lumix LX5. With camera, the lens needs to be pristine.

Updated summary with readdition of 5D2, updated DSLR prices and info on refurb lens program.

Wow, really tempted to do the 7D

morrowish said:   Just got a 5D MII, they didn't even ask me the serial number or anything about what I am trading in. What if the trade in really isn't broken????? i have a fe options to send in.
Don't sweat it. They don't care if it's broken or not.

Thanks for the info. Would those who purchased the 5D Mark II please let us know the shutter count (actuation) on the camera you received?

I traded in a powershot a60 (I bought it on craigslist for $10) for a t2i kit. They offered me free FedEx Ground (5-7 Business Day Shipping) instead of the 2-day shipping stated on the first page of this thread !?!?

Ground is right - updated the summary. You get upgraded to 2-day only if you add an additional lens (or speedlite) to your order

I got 5dmark II .. shutter count 179. Do i need to send in a camera? I dont have one to send? what happen if i dont send one in?

Got my 5dMII today, shutter count is ~500. Looks like new, I'm happy.

Updated QS with A1200 price.

cuongom said:   I got 5dmark II .. shutter count 179. Do i need to send in a camera? I dont have one to send? what happen if i dont send one in?

4) Canon will ship you the replacement camera with FedEx signature required, along with a prepaid FedEx label and a box for you to ship your broken camera to them. You must ship it to them within 10 business days to avoid unreturned product fee. You only need to ship the camera body, so you can keep all accesories (batteries, charger, straps, etc.).

zeeeter said:   cuongom said:   I got 5dmark II .. shutter count 179. Do i need to send in a camera? I dont have one to send? what happen if i dont send one in?

4) Canon will ship you the replacement camera with FedEx signature required, along with a prepaid FedEx label and a box for you to ship your broken camera to them. You must ship it to them within 10 business days to avoid unreturned product fee. You only need to ship the camera body, so you can keep all accesories (batteries, charger, straps, etc.).

For mine they emailed me a UPS Prepaid Label for the trade in. Easy enough to stick the broken camera into a padded envelope and stick the label on.

They sent the new camera FedEx Ground---it took four days to get to me in California. I selected the "Hold at FedEx" option since it was easy enough to swing by the FedEx (ie: Kinkos) on my way home.

Cambridge02138 said:   Thanks for the info. Would those who purchased the 5D Mark II please let us know the shutter count (actuation) on the camera you received?

Mine had 13 on it. It was very much a brand new camera. Not a blemish on it. I could easily resell it for a $500 profit---not that I'm going to.

Just got my t3i kit $545 shipped. had 357 shutter count according to eoscount.com.

came with firmware 1.0.2, so cant easily install magic lantern.

should have bought the 50mm f/1.8 lens with the camera to get the 20% off there too. seems like everyone loves it for under $100.

5D Mark II back in stock for loyalty program.

Finally decided to pull the trigger on a refurb 5D Mark II. Called yesterday 5/15 and was told out of stock, but take the order and said will call me when availalbe.

This morning checked canon website and found 5D Mark II in stock. Called again and placed the order, total is: $1,759.20, Promotional Savings: - $351.84, Shipping: FREE, Tax: $123.14, Order Total: $1,530.50.

For lens, 24-70mm is out of stock but 35mm 1.4L is in stock but the CSP told me not available for loyalty program....

any idea when they update the stock of the refurbed lenses? It'd be killer to get in on a 24-70mm.

Tony, you can call in to place a pre-order, and ask them to call you back when that 24-70mm comes back in stock, like I did.

BTW, 35MM 1.4L in stock now. But these two are NOT in loyalty program.

so what I'm getting here is: L-series NOT in loyalty program

Just purchased the T3i under the Loayalty program. She quoted the price as $543.99 with the 18-55mm lens kit. When she reviewed the amounts due including tax and shipping it came to $542.71. I didn't argue with her. Then I got the email showing:

Merchandise: $639.99
Promotional Savings: - $128.00
Shipping: FREE
Tax: $30.72

She didn't mention any promotion details when she was quoting me prices. Also, she mentioned that there was a flash unit available under the refurb program and that it was a recent addition to the program.

Just called the Canon Loyalty Program and got the Canon 60D Body Only Refurb for $639 + sales tax and free shipping. Trading in an old Canon Elph 240APS camera we had in a kitchen drawer. Process was painless. They didn't even ask if it was broken.

05/25/12 - Update: Got the camera and it looks brand new and is fully functional Shutter count via eoscount.com shows 135...awesome!

i carefully read magic lantern and installed it and found my shutter count to be:
1K = 949 + 147

exactly what do these numbers mean? i googled this, but since everyone's numbers are different, i could not find a decent post to learn about this. i would appreciate it if someone could just point me to a specific reference where i can read about this. the only thing i found is that the last number means 'live view'. i even tried some searches in this thread itself, but i didn't find anything which differentiates between the numbers.

The shutter count is basically the amount of pictures taken with the camera. I think live view is the number of pictures taken using the lcd as the viewfinder as opposed to the actual viewfinder.

call today, they out of 5D MkII, and 7D for 1088.00

Just got a T2i kit and the 50mm 1.8 lens from CLP via FedEx 2-day. CSRs for this program are very friendly and answer on first ring. They didn't even bother sending me to a technician in regards to broken old camera, just started talking pricing when I asked about specific models.

Anyway, T2i looks new (I can only find one little smudge in the plastic near one of the strap hooks), and EOSCount says 1845 for the shutter count. So not <100 brand spankin' new, but effectively the same. Paid $565.62 (w/GA tax) for it all. Very pleased!

Just got 5D2 today, EOScount read 15, couldn't complain

Waiting to get my call from Canon. They said they would call me when they got more 5d MkII's in but they are out currently. Just sold me T2i so I hope it doesnt take too long!

They have 5D MarkII in stock now, just got one at $1477.73 (tax included)

Called today for the 60D. They want me to send in the non-working A70, but have my order "pending".

Got my T3i and shutter count=40 from http://eoscount.com/. The date on camera when turn on for the first time read, 03/10/11 however.

Called back. They wanted the serial nber and I told them it was rubbed off. No problem she sai, I'll make a note. Order processed and I'll mail my eBay camera in now.

Dogstar said:   eeyoredu said:   S95 available for $207.19 now. The person said $251.99 but it ended up being less when they gave me the final price.

The rep I just talked to was pretty firm on it being $251. I didn't complete the whole transaction so maybe there's some new price update that won't show up until they try to process the purchase. Otherwise I think you might have just got a smokin' deal!

Were these the prices through the upgrade program? Currently the S95 is listed for $279 on the Canon site, but not mentioned in the first post of this thread.

Edit: Answered my own question by calling the 800 number. I was quoted $251 with loyalty discount but didn't go further to see about the $207 price.

You took my refurb 5D Mark II on Friday. I was on the phone with them finalizing and someone snatched it. Finally got one today though. 1407 plus local sales tax.

calvinli said:   They have 5D MarkII in stock now, just got one at $1477.73 (tax included)

jmorgans said:   Dogstar said:   eeyoredu said:   S95 available for $207.19 now. The person said $251.99 but it ended up being less when they gave me the final price.

The rep I just talked to was pretty firm on it being $251. I didn't complete the whole transaction so maybe there's some new price update that won't show up until they try to process the purchase. Otherwise I think you might have just got a smokin' deal!

Were these the prices through the upgrade program? Currently the S95 is listed for $279 on the Canon site, but not mentioned in the first post of this thread.

Edit: Answered my own question by calling the 800 number. I was quoted $251 with loyalty discount but didn't go further to see about the $207 price.

Seems like it should be $228 now if it's showing as $279. Right? Usually 20% off those Canon Refurb prices. Or am I making that up? Maybe I'll try this this week. $100 cheaper than the (Frys) deal on an S100 would make the S95 an easy choice.

Great find. Thanks.

Is this one really so hot?

EOSInfo
Firmware: 2.1.2
Shutter Count: 12
Date/Time: 2/25/2008 11:20 PM

machinez said:   You took my refurb 5D Mark II on Friday. I was on the phone with them finalizing and someone snatched it. Finally got one today though. 1407 plus local sales tax.

calvinli said:   They have 5D MarkII in stock now, just got one at $1477.73 (tax included)

It is epic hard to get 5D Mk2... I had to call 2 times before I get mine...

Here is my detail:

EOS 5D Mark II Body Refurbished
Merchandise: $1,759.20 Promotional Savings: - $351.84 Shipping: $0.00 Sales Tax: $87.96 Order Total: $1,495.32

Hopefully, I can get low shutter count that is low..

• Archived From: ForumsHot Deals

• 174 75 76777879
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014