• filter:
  • 175 76 777879
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
5DMK2 or 7D? For Semi-Pro... I really like the ergo-grip of the 7D as the 5D MK3 adopted it...

rated:
Friends,

I have a canon camera which I want to exchange with a newer camera and this thread looks like a promising one for me. What I couldn't really figure out is what is the process to exchange a camera. Can you provide some pointers please.

And also please give me suggestions on the best choice for an SLR and point and shoot camera.

Thank you..

rated:
Anyone know what's up with the Canon Direct store not showing refurbished cameras? I could have sworn the pages were up two weeks ago, but now they only show refurb lenses and speedlites (along with printers and projectors.)

rated:
deluxster said:   5DMK2 or 7D? For Semi-Pro... I really like the ergo-grip of the 7D as the 5D MK3 adopted it...

Shooting sports? Go with the 7d, faster frame rate & quicker focusing. Shooting landscapes, portraits and/or in low light? Go with the 5dMk2.

rated:
telamon99 said:   Anyone know what's up with the Canon Direct store not showing refurbished cameras? I could have sworn the pages were up two weeks ago, but now they only show refurb lenses and speedlites (along with printers and projectors.)

Interesting. The page is still there but it comes up empty. No cameras listed.

rated:
Yup, no cameras on the refurb page at all. Lenses, printers, projectors, but not a single cam. Sigh...

rated:
Looks like they're all back. Seems like it was just an issue with the site.

rated:
Date: May 30, 2012

Bought: Refurbished Canon SX230 HS Black

At" Directly from Canon website - http://shop.usa.canon.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/subCategory_10051_10051_-1_12163

Pros: 14x Zoom

Cons: Not User-Friendly, Blurry Pics, Poor Customer Service

I've been a loyal Canon user for 30+ years. Just bought 2 Canon digicams this May. A brand new Elph 100 HS for my son's college graduation. And this black refurbished SX230 HS directly from Canon Loyalty Program, for $199, mainly because it's one of the few digicams in its class with a 14X zoom.

Pics taken with the SX230 HS showed a blurry spot in one specific location frame after frame. Thinking that this was caused by a dirty spot on the lens, I wiped it carefully with a soft cloth.
The problem persisted afterward, ruining the pictures of our Memorial Holiday trip to Denver this past weekend. This must be due to a internal defect.

Called Canon Customer Service on May 30 to see if I could return the camera with the "14-day-no-question-asked return". The Cust Serv rep insisted that this applies to "unopened / unused cameras" only, so I asked to talk to a manager.

The manager said that Cust Serv was wrong, that the "14-day return" is not restricted to "unopened cameras', but that my SX230 HS is 2 days past 14 days. So the only option for me is to send it in for warranty repairs.
At this point, I started to second-guess my decision to buy a Canon-refurbished camera. It comes with a 90-day warranty. Assuming that this "blurry pics " repairs take 2 - 3 weeks, I have about about 50 days left to check out if there was any other problem Canon missed when they put this camera on sale here.

I also asked the manager why I was charged $15.99 for the SX230 HS shipping when the Canon Loyalty Program stated " FREE FedEx Ground.
The manager said they had to show shipping charges but that the $15.99 shipping was rolled into the "discount' so I paid zero shipping costs.
I pulled up the invoice and did the math over the phone with him.
$199.99 (price) - $42 (20% loyalty discount) + $15.99 shipping + $15.17 tax = $199.16

Not only was I charged for shipping that was supposed to be free, they charged me $15.18 taxes on the" total including shipping" instead of the correct $13.86 amount (8.25% tax for Texas).
I requested that the $15.99 be refunded and the manager said he'll submit it but is not sure it'll be approved. 5 days later, I still haven't heard back from Canon about this refund.

Returned the camera to Canon, who quickly sent me a bill for $110, for non-warranty repairs. Called Customer Service to provide proof that it's a refurbished that's still in the 90-day warranty. Only then did they agree to repair it for free.

The defect was determined to be ""optical assembly not operating properly causing image to not display properly. The optical unit was replaced and the camera sent back to me.

CONCLUSIONS
1. AVOID refurbished cameras at http://shop.usa.canon.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/subCategory_10051_10051_-1_12163
2. VERY Disappointed in this refurbished SX230 HS. And FRETTTING that it will give me more problems after the 90-day warranty expires.
3. Also DISAPPOINTED with the way Customer Service handled this from the sale to the service
4. WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER REFURBISHED CAMERA FROM CANON EVER AGAIN, no matter how good the deal !

rated:
BTW, DO NOT TRUST or BELIEVE USER REVIEWS posted on the Canon website (http://shop.usa.canon.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/subCategory_...

I submitted the above review TWICE and Canon rejected it BOTH TIMES. On my 2nd submission, I advised Canon that they have the right to reject, but then I'd just post it on fatwallet.com and other well-frequented websites. They rejected it, so I posted it here, on Twitter, and will also post it on social media sites. I guess Canon only wants to post positive reviews only on their website.

rated:
Yup. Nice savings. Exchanged my old 350D

rated:
divingseagull said:   ...
Not only was I charged for shipping that was supposed to be free, they charged me $15.18 taxes on the" total including shipping" instead of the correct $13.86 amount (8.25% tax for Texas).

In Texas, shipping charges are taxable when the item being shipped is taxable, so you're wrong on that. Stick with the arguement that you shouldn't have been charged shipping.

rated:
deveen said:   Friends,

I have a canon camera which I want to exchange with a newer camera and this thread looks like a promising one for me. What I couldn't really figure out is what is the process to exchange a camera. Can you provide some pointers please.

And also please give me suggestions on the best choice for an SLR and point and shoot camera.

Thank you..

Of course, read the thread starting from page 1, just like everybody else had.

rated:
deveen said:   Friends,

Thank you..

Several SLR choices are as follows:
5DM2 (body only): 1407 + tax
7D (body only): 1087 + tax
T3i (with kit lens): 512 + tax
T2i (with kit lens): 448 + tax
T1i (with kit lens): 384 + tax
T3 (with kit lens): 352 + tax

5D is full frame, all others above are APS with 1.6 crop factor. Your budget will determine which package is best choice. If you let us know your budget and what kind of pictures you are planning to take, I could recommend a camera + lens combination.

rated:
Anybody know what's up with the 5DM2 not being listed on Canon's website under refurbished models? I hope they didn't pull it from the program again...

rated:
Cambridge02138 said:   deveen said:   5D is full frame, all others above are APS with 1.6 crop factor. Your budget will determine which package is best choice. If you let us know your budget and what kind of pictures you are planning to take, I could recommend a camera + lens combination.

Or, browse the Canon forums at dpreview.com Every question has been asked and answered already multiple times over there.

rated:
5D Mark II refurb back in stock. Can be had for $1407 with trade-in of broken canon.

http://shop.usa.canon.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_1005...

rated:
Called in tonight and they say the 5D MkII price is now $1585 plus tax (since July 1).

On the bright side, the rep upgraded me to overnight shipping for the body and two lenses for $20.

5d mkII $1585
50mm 1.8EF $ 100
28-135 EF $ 309
Tax $ 124
Shipping $ 20

Total $2115

rated:
Is it just me or some of the click and shoot cameras provide no savings at all? You get maybe a $25 discount compare to say, buying a brand new one.

rated:
laotzu3 said:   Called in tonight and they say the 5D MkII price is now $1585 plus tax (since July 1).

On the bright side, the rep upgraded me to overnight shipping for the body and two lenses for $20.

5d mkII $1585
50mm 1.8EF $ 100
28-135 EF $ 309
Tax $ 124
Shipping $ 20

Total $2115

It's cheaper to buy from their refurbed store now with the 20% off coupon and free shipping coupon that's in effect till end of July!

rated:
abang said:   laotzu3 said:   Called in tonight and they say the 5D MkII price is now $1585 plus tax (since July 1).

5d mkII $1585
50mm 1.8EF $ 100
28-135 EF $ 309
Tax $ 124
Shipping $ 20

Total $2115

It's cheaper to buy from their refurbed store now with the 20% off coupon and free shipping coupon that's in effect till end of July!

I tried to use the coupon on a 5D II, and the coupon was not accepted.

rated:
Does anyone know if this still works with an overseas Canon model? I have an Canon 300D (which is the overseas vers. of the original digital rebel) that I got when I worked in japan years ago. Wonder if I can still "trade it in"...

rated:
Cambridge02138 said:   deveen said:   Friends,

Thank you..

5D is full frame, all others above are APS with 1.6 crop factor. Your budget will determine which package is best choice. If you let us know your budget and what kind of pictures you are planning to take, I could recommend a camera + lens combination.

What's the difference between the T3 and T3i (other than 12.2 MP vs. 18MP?).
I'm looking to get one for use in a book scanner, any suggestions are appreciated.

thx

rated:
cgott42 said:   Cambridge02138 said:   deveen said:   Friends,

Thank you..

I'm looking to get one for use in a book scanner, any suggestions are appreciated.

thx

I believe the T3i has the vari-angle flip out LCD.

rated:

There are a bunch of differences here is the DPReview Side-by-Side Comparison of the two

But before you spend a couple hundred dollars are you sure you need an SLR? I would spend a little time researching the different bodies and kit lenses.

rated:
$1,182.33 shipped for 7D body only!

Edit: This is my second canon loyalty purchase. I've been following this thread like a hawk for over 2 years. First purchase was canon 60d Feb 2012. Canon's policy is 3 camera body's per year. Thanks all!

rated:
the 7D I purchased had roughly 3500 shutter fires (using http://eoscount.com). I'm very happy.

rated:
I've turned in my old G-series Canon for a 60D. Received it this week -- looked flawless out of the box. Curious, checked shutter count through eoscount.com - and the reported count was 29! And this is after I have taken a few test shots. What're the chances I got a new-refurbished unit? If the shutter count is indeed correct, then I lucked out! Also, CS reps at the CLP were very courteous and patient.

rated:
I have Canon SD780is. Can it be upgraded too?

rated:
my A70 camera will not give me an image everything else works fgine

rated:
JediFreeStuff said:   I have Canon SD780is. Can it be upgraded too?

As long as it's canon digital, you should be good.

rated:
JediFreeStuff said:   I have Canon SD780is. Can it be upgraded too?

As long as it's broken, then yes.

rated:
ushneb said:   JediFreeStuff said:   I have Canon SD780is. Can it be upgraded too?

As long as it's broken, then yes.

And if it's not, then break it....

rated:
Still valid as of today. Prices in quick summary havn't changed with the exception of the 5dmk2 going up a little.

Good cameras in stock today! I am debating a T3i or a T2i.

rated:
Canon announced an entry level full frame DSLR EOS 6D. What is the typical time from the announcement of a new camera to the time it shows up in the loyalty program? I'm hoping it would be much cheaper than the 5D mk II.

rated:
I have a broke speedlite..anyone tried to trade one of those in?

I think I may go for a T2i or T3i...but what was the coupon I saw mentioned?

rated:
I have a OLD Canon Film SLR Camera I want to Exchange it ... With A new Canon DSLR . HOw is it Possible ..??? If it can . then Inform Me . Soon . so i exchange it with Canon D550

rated:
alokkumarsahoo1 said:   I have a OLD Canon Film SLR Camera I want to Exchange it ... With A new Canon DSLR . HOw is it Possible ..??? If it can . then Inform Me . Soon . so i exchange it with Canon D550

Canon let me use a old defective (with shutter problem) EOS film body to get the loyalty pricing. Not sure if you can use a FD mount or older if that is what you current camera is. But you can give them a call and see.

rated:
Is G11 available? Has anyone exchanged their old camera for a G11? If so what camera and what was deal?

rated:
foche911 said:   Is G11 available? Has anyone exchanged their old camera for a G11? If so what camera and what was deal?

Yes, G11 is in the program I got one through the program, as for the "Deal" you call up, ask for loyalty discount, they offer you a price, should be $259.99 or so, they mail you camera, you mail back dead canon camera. It's simple and Easy. Check the front page of this thread for more info.

rated:
Sorry if this has been discussed already: any idea if/when the T4i would be available through this program?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 175 76 777879
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014