• filter:
  • 1 2 34579
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Thanks, been wanting an XT for a while. Traded in my old SD110 for around $304 and change.

rated:
Anyone try to trade in a A80? Mines broken and it's been sitting here on my desk, I'll give them a call tomorrow!

rated:
I think I win the award for oldest camera traded-in, the S100 (from 12 years ago). I called in on Tuesday, got the Rebel Xt on Thursday (2nd day Fedex). Super fast shipping! Happy to report that the camera arrived looking brand new. They include all the original accessories and they are new as well (charger, manuals, usb cables, new battery, 32mb memory card, camera strap). It doesn't come in it's original retail box but a white box that says "Canon Refurbished". Very happy with the deal offered. Been taking pics with it to test things out performance-wise and I can see no difference between the refurb and a brand new camera.

Over at the original thread on Sd, others receiving their refurbs are also reporting that theirs are arriving "brand new" looking. One guy had a G9 that had some scratches and he called Canon back and they sent him another in better condition to replace it. Great customer service I say!

Oh, also wanted to point out that Canon offers this same kind of loyalty program for their camcorders and printers.

rated:
Just donated my old Canon (slr and working) - great find OP! Green!!!

rated:
This is a good deal. I have an old Elf 100 I wonder if I can trade that in ?

rated:
Clearly I need to pricematch to Nikon.

rated:
kailculus said: you can still get the cheaper one and put CHDK hack on it. http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

why? so you can fiddle with raw? C'mon, are you gonna do that? I've used CHDK two times, fiddled with RAW a little bit, and realized I couldn't beat DIGIC III !

rated:
Red from me, OP.

You stole this from SD, where the actual trade-up thread started in March 2006, and folks there started posting in the thread on 7/25 that they were getting the refurbed Rebel offer.

At least give credit where credit is due.

rated:
Can you PROVE that he stole it? didnt think so

rated:
Decisions decisions....

I have an old SD400 that is on its last legs, but I was planning on upgrading to a Nikon D60 (~$650). I'm not sure if the Nikon is going to be worth $350 extra on the price of a refurbished XT from the loyalty program.

Any suggestions?

rated:
I have an s10, so i win...not sure what the prize is though.

viva said: I think I win the award for oldest camera traded-in, the S100 (from 12 years ago).

rated:
Is the serial number somewhere on the camera? I don't see it, so if I can't find my box, am I pretty much screwed?

rated:
if you decide to test out the Canon XT, I'd love to buy the A100 off you..

washin said: Called in to check what they would offer for my broken SD1000 ( famous lens error ), they offered the same deal.

My questions is $275+ tax + $10 (shipping) good for a refurb XT with 6 months warranty??

I already own a Sony A100 DSLR, trying to justify if the canon XT offer is good for me to buy

rated:
^^ i have a powershot S200, will call in later today, but i dont want a XT, should i wait a little and they might have refurbish XTI offer ??

rated:
viva said: I think I win the award for oldest camera traded-in, the S100 (from 12 years ago).

Um, dude, you're full of it.

Canon says so here.

rated:
I just called, and they informed me that the camera must be defective in some way. How can I make my old S100 defective enough to qualify? any suggestions?

rated:
djtrunxness said: I just called, and they informed me that the camera must be defective in some way. How can I make my old S100 defective enough to qualify? any suggestions?

drop it from a tall building?

rated:
Just make sure you let go first...

BigCountry said: djtrunxness said: I just called, and they informed me that the camera must be defective in some way. How can I make my old S100 defective enough to qualify? any suggestions?

drop it from a tall building?

rated:
Did you ship just the camera itself or everything that came with it when new? Thanks

rated:
djtrunxness said: I just called, and they informed me that the camera must be defective in some way. How can I make my old S100 defective enough to qualify? any suggestions?

Tell them that the camera is not focusing well and the images are blurry despite all the settings you have tried.

rated:
cairogyro said: Red from me, OP.

You stole this from SD, where the actual trade-up thread started in March 2006, and folks there started posting in the thread on 7/25 that they were getting the refurbed Rebel offer.

Welcome to my "Ignore User" list. Enjoy your stay!

rated:
deleted

rated:
ryryfree said: I don't know how good this site is but they have the rebel XT for $319 no tax and free shipping and it is new instead of a refurb (personally I don't have a problem with refurbs, but the new one I am sure has a better warranty)

Camera site

It's just the body kit with no lens.

rated:
Thanks for posting this OP.

I have a S2 that is in great condition...I've been thinking about fleabaying it, in order to upgrade. This however, might be a better option.

Problem is...my S2 is in great condition. Am I correct in thinking that it must be defective for this program?

rated:
Oh... you are exactly right. Thanks for the correction.

rated:
CambodianBeast said: IMO this is a decent deal only if you have a broken Canon.

The XT has been replaced twice (XTi and XSi), and can be found NEW for under $400 anyways.

I am not 100% sure, but as I recall the XSi is not a replacement for the XTi.

Anyway, this is a great deal, especially on the G9. I bought one new last year when it came out.

rated:
I wonder if Fujifile does this kind of thing too.

rated:

1) The OP said he called in about a problem with his S2 and was told about the program.

2) You knew about the SD thread and didn't post it here? Thanks for helping your FW brethren.

rated:
ksfhhllp said: CambodianBeast said: IMO this is a decent deal only if you have a broken Canon.

The XT has been replaced twice (XTi and XSi), and can be found NEW for under $400 anyways.

Anyway, this is a great deal, especially on the G9. I bought one new last year when it came out.

The XSi is a replacement for the XTi.
Canon has just come out with the XS which is an entry level camera.

rated:
mlsc1926 said: I wonder if Fujifile does this kind of thing too.

I'm wondering if Olympus does anything similar too.

rated:
chibimike said: ksfhhllp said: CambodianBeast said: IMO this is a decent deal only if you have a broken Canon.

The XSi is a replacement for the XTi.
Canon has just come out with the XS which is an entry level camera.

actually all three lines are still in production.

rated:

rated:
Adding this as a quick note:

I had an old broken SD110 that I was planning on trading in. Doing some digging though, I found that a lot of older cameras had a recall due to a faulty CCD connector.

I shipped my camera back to Canon, who sent me an SD630 in return instead because "parts were no longer" available for the old SD110.

In short, be sure to check for recalls and other notices - you may get a free refurb upgrade

Canon has won my heart since that incident.

rated:
HBSRA10 said: Two Questions:

1. When you return your camera, do you have to return everything (battery, charger, cables, sd card, box, CDs, manuals, etc.)?

2. Would an SD110 leather case fit SD850 IS?

1. I don't think so - just ask when you call.

2. Yes. (I'm using my S230's leather case for my SD870IS and used it for an SD800IS too)

rated:
WOW. What would FW be without SD. Deal has been posted there since 2006, lol.

rated:
HBSRA10 said: Two Questions:

1. When you return your camera, do you have to return everything (battery, charger, cables, sd card, box, CDs, manuals, etc.)?

2. Would an SD110 leather case fit SD850 IS?

1. you return the body only, keep all the accessories and batteries, etc.

2.yes

rated:
Some time ago I posted something that I saw on SD. It was a great deal that had not been posted on Fatwallet. I gave SD credit, but about an hour later the deal was removed from Fatwallet. I was able to determine that it happened because I mentioned SD in the message. I just let it go because I didn't want to mess with it. This was the first and only time I ever had it happen. Don't get me wrong, I believe in giving credit where credit is due. However, it looks like in this case the OP did not find out about the deal from SD. I don't need another camera, but thanks for the post OP.

rated:

So whenever anyone finds a deal, they are required to scan every other deal site to see if it was already posted?????

GET REAL

rated:
Is Canon offering the Rebel XT with the black body or is everyone who ordered getting a silver bodied model? The silver is ugly!.

rated:
"Thank you for taking advantage of Canon's Upgrade Program. We are pleased to confirm the placement of your order. Your order will be shipped by Federal Express. Please note that a signature is required for delivery.

Your Upgrade Program Package will include a prepaid shipping label to assist you in returning your original unit to Canon. (If your original unit is currently with the Factory Service Center (F.S.C) PLEASE NOTE, your original unit will be forwarded by the F.S.C. to the Recycle Center for recycling). Upon receipt of your upgrade unit, please securely package your original unit in the box provided, affix the prepaid label, and return it to Canon. Please be sure to enclose the Upgrade Return Procedure Document with your signature. You may keep all original accessories, such as your memory card and battery.

Your original unit must be returned to Canon within 10 business days of the date you receive the upgrade unit to avoid a non-returned product fee. (If your original unit is currently with the Factory Service Center (F.S.C) PLEASE NOTE, your original unit will be forwarded by the F.S.C. to the Recycle Center for recycling). Once the upgrade program process has been completed, your original unit will no longer be available."

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1 2 34579
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014