• 123 4 579
  • Page
  • Text Only
Guess its time to find a cheap used canon on craigslist or eBay

Does anyone know the trade in options for the affected camcorders?(Camcorders: ZR60, ZR65 MC, ZR70 MC, ZR80, ZR85, ZR90, ELURA 40 MC, ELURA 50)

I have a old A300, which has scratched lens, I wonder what I can upgrade it to?

I still have my lovely A710IS, I intend to keep.

mminauro1 said: Does anyone know the trade in options for the affected camcorders?(Camcorders: ZR60, ZR65 MC, ZR70 MC, ZR80, ZR85, ZR90, ELURA 40 MC, ELURA 50) i called them today and they will send me the UPS shipping label on Tuesday. This is for the ZR60. Waiting for them to get back regarding upgrade/repair options. Last time something similar had happened - not with canon, but with nokia, I got an upgrade for free. They had provided a refurbished nokia n800 instead of a nokia n770 which refused to boot up and for which they did not have any spare parts.

I have an S400 that was getting the memory card error, I called them about two months ago, they gave me a shipping lable and fixed the problem for free. I got the camera back in less than two weeks. I was pretty happy, if I didn't like it being so portable I would probably try to upgrade to the XT, but it's not compact enough for me.

Why, uh, does Canon do this? I mean, what do they do with all these broken, old cameras.......?

GreenTrash said: Why, uh, does Canon do this? I mean, what do they do with all these broken, old cameras.......?

The government is buying them for monitoring its citizens. With Canon's help, pretty soon, even public restrooms will be monitored.

just grabbed a broken sd200 off eBay for $20 shipped gonna order a g9 or rebel

motsuka said: just grabbed a broken sd200 off eBay for $20 shipped gonna order a g9 or rebel

Was that you? lol j/k

So you have to go through tech support first to get the approval?

I have an old S400. Does anybody have an A* camera?

I would prefer a SD1000 over an SD850 IS. Anybody interested in a trade?

I don't know the relative value of these cameras, I am not sure who is getting the better deal.

As for what they do with them, it could be any number of things such as donating them to some charity and getting a tax write-off, but what really matters for them is to get another Canon in your hands. When people go to buy a NEW camera, they start to shop around again and they don't want you anywhere even near that process. They want another Canon in your hands ASAP so you can advertise for free to them for another couple years.

Btw, great find, thanks!

Nice deal. How about those cameras using 35mm films? I have a Canon EOS, barely used. Can I exchange it?

How are these cameras packaged when you get them? I have an old a80 I'd like to trade in and possibly give the new camera to my mother for her birthday.

oldsheep said: Nice deal. How about those cameras using 35mm films? I have a Canon EOS, barely used. Can I exchange it?

nope. Earlier post.

rnet said: rslaback said: Does anyone know if this only works with their digital line of cameras? I was hoping to use this to upgrade from and SLR to a DSLR.

nopes..No SLRs.. Only digital .. I just called them

Hoss411 said: How are these cameras packaged when you get them? I have an old a80 I'd like to trade in and possibly give the new camera to my mother for her birthday.
As posted earlier, they come in plain white boxes. No retail packages if that is what you mean. They do come with all the manuals and accessories.

Has anyone tried S10?

Just called about my Sureshot 60 zoom, but was told that no film camera qualified for the program right now. The guy said, very kindly that I could hold on to it and maybe one day the program would include the model

I just dont know, i was looking up images on imaging-resource.com. And it seems my 712is kodak is pretty much the same as the rebel, It seems the kodak little sensor punches up the reflected light and makes hot spots. Also the 712 has a 30ish to 400 something mm is lense. I am just wondering are the are point and shoot cameras almost as good as the rebel? Like would the better option be to get the g9?
Rebel:
http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/EXT/FULLRES/EXTOUTFACAP0.HTM
Rebel:
http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/Z712IS/FULLRES/Z712ISOUTFACAP0.HTM

how about S200? I have one 6 years old S200 and seems still functional while has some small issues. I haven't seen it in the list.

burb72 said: I am just wondering are the are point and shoot cameras almost as good as the rebel?

As to image quality, in a word, No. The sensors in P&S cameras are just too small to match the much larger sensors in DSLRs.

burb72 said:
Like would the better option be to get the g9?

This is a different question. It depends on you. In really good light or when using an external flash, the G9 can compete. But if you need to use an ISO above 100 the rebel will kill the G9. But to get a lens that has the same range on a rebel will add significantly to the cost.

So it does depend on what you plant to do with it.

Cashman said: Anyone try to trade in a A80? Mines broken and it's been sitting here on my desk, I'll give them a call tomorrow!That's what I have. The zoom will not zoom out, otherwise is fine. I also have a A620, but it is in perfect condition. My kids use the A80.

Ok I read alot and looked at alot of pictures from the xt and the g9, even at iso 100 you can see the noise at 100% on the g9 from samples on dpreview. With the xt you have just bought into a system, meaning that have the camera, with the stock lense, then u want another lense, now u spent 200-300 for a nice is lense, doesnt look like canon will ever make a stabilized body dslr, then a few years down the road u have 3-4 lenses, and a new body is looking good, then u pretty much are theirs, but you just have to get a better dslr body, u already have the lenses. Anyway, im going for the xt, my old g3 has been excellent.

I bought an XTi a year or so ago. I have returned it twice hoping my disappointment in the camera was a problem with just that unit. Now, admittedly, I am into photography more than most people as I have my own gallery called The World According to John. The XTi was my first launch into digital (everything on my site is film). I am extremely disappointed in this camera. The color depth is shallow and the results inconsistent. Problems I have had:

• I can shoot one composition and get a nice blue sky, then shoot the same shot a second later and the sky is washed out.

• The BUSY indicator comes on often at a crucial moment, making me miss the shot.

• The photos themselves have a grainy, washed out look to them.

• This may just be my ignorance, but I'll be damned if I can figure out how to get the camera to fill flash. It decides when to flash, which does not work out well when I want to fill flash for shadows or when a bright light source is behind the subject.

• It can't keep up with fast moving objects. Soccer balls blur. even with a fast shutter speed, for example.

• I'm just not able to get the sharpness out of my pictures that I am used to with my film cameras (25 year-old Minolta XD-11s which can be found pretty cheap on eBay if you want a good quality film camera)

I am now test driving the Canon 40D. I have had it for a week so far. I have only taken it out once for shooting--to my daughter's soccer practice, and it performed well. The real test will be later this week when I take it to Boston. I took the XTi to San Diego, London, Paris, NY, and DC and I have no shots that I consider "jaw droppers." If I had taken film cameras that would not have been the case. In short, the XTi is a disappointment and I regard it as an overpriced snap-shot quality camera. For comparison. All of These shots were taken with the XTi (these were the best of the bunch (taken in San Diego)). Now, for comparison, here's what I shot yesterday at soccer practice with the Canon 40D.. The Canon 40D is currently on sale at Costco and comes with a free 4GB card.

pushback said: I bought an XTi a year or so ago. I have returned it twice hoping my disappointment in the camera was a problem with just that unit. ....... Now, for comparison, here's what I shot yesterday at soccer practice with the Canon 40D.. The Canon 40D is currently on sale at Costco and comes with a free 4GB card.

Thank for your story, I will call them , hope they offer me the 40D with same price Rebel XT.

aint gonna happen.

I have a SD300 and my serial number has been rubbed off.
Is there anyway I can look it up by connecting to PC?

kailculus said: you can still get the cheaper one and put CHDK hack on it. http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

This is a great tip for any Canon user, check it out, particularly if you have a comfort level with SLR-type options and basic computer literacy. It will give you many things found only in high-end cameras --- live RGB histograms, "zebra" mode (highlights areas of overexposure on the LCD screen), RAW capability, custom-configurable auto-ISO (min shutter speed, max auto-ISO value). I got all these things on a VERY old SD400, and am thinking of getting an SD850 with this deal instead of a G9.

Thanks kailculus! Is there something like this for Nikon too?

Green for this. My old SD110 still works well, but that XT deal seems pretty nice. I wonder if they'd take my old 35mm AE-1?

If Canon is giving away XTis, it supports my earlier statement that its not a very good camera. I hope people make out better with the XSi!

Hey guys...traded in my broken SD550 for an XT. found an ok presenation on taking better pictures with the camera. part one can be found here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WoMNpvVuVA

pushback said: If Canon is giving away XTis, it supports my earlier statement that its not a very good camera. I hope people make out better with the XSi!I wouldn't say $275 plus shipping is "giving away"...

should i wait a little longer for XTI ??

dont see why ebaying would not work

hey guys so which model is it canon rebel XT or Xti?

anybody wanna buy a broken s230? can't believe busted s230s go for $50 on eBay.

ahecht said: I called the Loyalty Program number twice and was told both times that I would have to mail my camera in at my expense, and when it was received I would get a repair estimate by mail along with "upgrade" options.

Instead, I called 1-800-828-4040 and asked for "Tech Support". I then told the Tech Support rep that I had an SD100 with a broken screen, and wanted to know what my repair options were. She told me that either I could pay $99 to get the screen replaced, or I could do the Loyalty Upgrade. She took my info and assigned me a case number. I was then able to call the Loyalty Program back and give them the case number, and when I gave them that they offered to ship me the camera first and they would include a prepaid label to send my old camera back.

Ahecht,
You also posted that there were some CCD issues with the SD100. I'm surprised they didn't tell you that and offer to fix/replace it for free.

Sychev22 said: pushback said: If Canon is giving away XTis, it supports my earlier statement that its not a very good camera. I hope people make out better with the XSi!I wouldn't say $275 plus shipping is "giving away"...

When you paid over $800 for one it sure seems like it. Really, if the quality of your pics is important, look elsewhere.

pushback said: Sychev22 said: pushback said: If Canon is giving away XTis, it supports my earlier statement that its not a very good camera. I hope people make out better with the XSi!I wouldn't say $275 plus shipping is "giving away"...

When you paid over $800 for one it sure seems like it. Really, if the quality of your pics is important, look elsewhere.

They are offering the Rebel XT not the XTi.

There is nothing wrong with either the XT or XTi, both are completely capable of taking great photos or horrible photos, depending on who is behind the camera. There is a learning curve to Digital SLRs and most people don't bother to read the manuals.

Read my initial post above. It compares my film cameras to the XTi and to the D40--with actual examples of photos. The XTi is a disappointment. It's not worth the $800+ I paid and its not worth the $275 they are offering it for (there's a reason it's $275). The D40 is far superior.

• Archived From: ForumsHot Deals

• 123 4 579
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014