• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
For anyone putting on an addition on or just looking to replace a patio door, Home Depot has these on clearance.

I happened to buy this exact door from Lowes last week on sale for $498. The sticker on this door was for $1016 at Home Depot. They are on clearance at HD B&M for $219.

These are primered steel french doors. They have white mini blinds built into the glass that tilt and raise and lower. One side is active, meaning a standard door knob needs to be installed. The other side opens with a latch.

That's 21% of the initial price, or 43% cheaper than Lowes current price.

Lowes would NOT price match HD as it's clearance.

I'm pretty sure that this is national as availability was every South East Michigan store. They are running out fast.

Edit:I had originally posted that it was 60". It's actually 72" wide by 80". sorry about confusion. Fixed title.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Green for OP. I scored four of these in Northern VA. I picked up two of them today one in each of the Manassas stores... (more)

aric (Aug. 17, 2008 @ 4:38p) |

Someone in Pittsburgh, PA bought up all they had and is selling them on Eb*y for $350 delivered....at least that is what... (more)

Twister (Aug. 17, 2008 @ 4:59p) |

Not as great a buy but while in HD yesterday (Bay Area, CA) I saw that all Jeld-Wen sliding patio doors are 15% off.

cardman (Aug. 17, 2008 @ 6:22p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Do you have a sku or item number? Thanks

will when i get home. Not on me I'll scan the receipt in if I get energetic haha

Here's a picture of what they look like

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=156367-44176-SBHBBGTRIS&lpage=none

They do come in left and right handed versions.

kireol said: will when i get home. Not on me I'll scan the receipt in if I get energetic haha

You're on Fatwallet, get hopping

J/k... a sku would be great Jeld-Wen is some top notch stuff. I will check back on this thread, someone I know who has a covered patio might be interested in these.

hahha. yeah, been a FW leacher for like 5 years now. Only recently (last year) have I been giving back. I'm a FWer in training

Wow, that is a really long name, "6' ReliaBilt French Patio Door Steel Blinds Between the Glass Tilt and Raise Insulated Glass White In-Swing No Brick Mold Right Hand Screen Not Included"

Link for you for free!

kireol said: Here's a picture of what they look like

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=156367-44176-SBHBBGTRIS&lpage=none

They do come in left and right handed versions.

Isn't 60" = five feet? Link is for 6 foot = 72 inches? Or is it the 6 foot wide model? Reason I ask is that my french doors are 5 foot (60 inches) and I thought I could buy this, just use the doors in my existing frame, and then craigslist the new frame with my old doors.

The one I got is 60" which is 5 feet. The one I linked was just for looks. I said it looks like it, but I guess i didnt clarify enough. it LOOKs like that but isnt that one that one. just wanted to give ppl an idea of what it looked like.

OP, how soundproof is the french door you got?

Actually very well sound proof. I thought it had an energy star sticker on it too but I can't be sure until i get home (1.5 hours from now). I'll post more when I get home including SKU/etc.

OK,

I got mine from the Troy, MI Home Depot. They had 4 left.

$219.00 + tax

SKU on receipt 375-154
SKU on sticker on door 375-154
UPC # on door 33254-019480

I just broke a 38X68" mirror going in my garage that was going into my addition to get those #'s for you guys I hope they're helpful.

anyone verify that they are on clearance at other HD's? Been looking at these for awhile, not exactly what we want but for 219 its exactly what I want!
thanks

kireol said:

That's 21% of the initial price, or 43% cheaper than Lowes current price.

Lowes would NOT price match HD as it's clearance.

This is actually a very good deal. I sell windows for a competitor of Jeld-Wen. There are a couple of things someone may want to note before buying one of these.......

**The Blinds between the glass that Jeld-wen makes doesn't allow you to get to them. So, if you have any problems what-so-ever with the blinds, you have to remove the door panel to repair or replace them.

**The reason Lowes will not match them also is because Home Depot sells Jeld-Wen, Lowes sells Pella. Pella's blind between the glass option allows for you to remove, replace or change to a celluar blind from the mini-blinds if you like. Pella has a hinge panel that allows you to access the blinds. Also, Pellas option has three pains of glass as opposed to two that Jeld-Wen offers. The U and R values, STC (Sound Transferance) ratings are greatly increased with the Pella windows. So, lowes not matching the price makes all the reason in the world. It's Apples/Oranges......

**Lastly, I belive (not positive) Jeld-Wens blinds option is for there vinyl windows. Not wood. There is a HUGE difference in preformance between Vinyl and wood windows...

Just thought I would throw in my two cents on the topic...............

kireol

I am really sorry to hear about the mirror. Thank you very much for getting the numbers and verifying the sku's. My sources at HD should be able to tell me if there are any in stock around me. Again, sorry about that mirror!

I'm a little confused; I've been looking at french doors at both Home Depot and Lowes for the last week, and doing some digging online looking for reviews for both; from what I've read, the opinion is the door Home Depot sells is superior in construction and reliablity (leaks, wind noise, etc).

Not to mention Home Depot doesn't sell Reliabilt, so I'm not sure how you would even price match them to begin with?

I'm estatic that Home Depot has them on clearance, I'll be going to pick one up tomorrow if that is the case however just a little confused on the deal.

quickNdirty said: I'm a little confused; I've been looking at french doors at both Home Depot and Lowes for the last week, and doing some digging online looking for reviews for both; from what I've read, the opinion is the door Home Depot sells is superior in construction and reliablity (leaks, wind noise, etc).

Not to mention Home Depot doesn't sell Reliabilt, so I'm not sure how you would even price match them to begin with?

I'm estatic that Home Depot has them on clearance, I'll be going to pick one up tomorrow if that is the case however just a little confused on the deal.

I would advise you not to compare Lowes and Home Depot as much as comparing the actual window manufactures against each other.

Both Home Depot and Lowes by me sell the same exact Jeld-Wen door. (well, I couldnt see any difference) That's why i tried to price match. I have both in my garage (have yet to take back the Lowes one) and both look exactly the same. Both have Jeld-Wen stickers on them. /shrug

But I agree with what NvisblMan said.

Pebbler, sometimes I aint so smart! hahah. I mean I'm a smart guy, that sometimes does really stupid stuff! Stupid mirror. I might have to take that mirror back ($45 on clearance off of $155 at lowes DOH!) and say it was broke.

quickNdirty- Both HD and lowes sell the same exact door. Same mfg. I dont see it being any better or worse than the same door from lowes. Again, the door I linked above was to show what the door LOOKS like, not it exactly. Good luck and I hope you get one

Just tore ass up to the local HD and returned empty handed. Was told both the SKU and UPC are invalid. Looking on the racks, there is no Jeld-Wen door stocked in any size.

The French door most commonly stocked at my local HD (DFW area) is a Masonite brand, and the door itself looks to be of better construction than the Reliabilts that I've looked at at Lowes. I know that the Reliabilts are manufactured supposedly exclusively for Lowes by Jeld-Wen; I also know typically in my experience that means they are of cheaper constructon (vs the Manufacture branded & sold line).

At best, this must be some kind of regional deal, because I can (sadly) confirm it isn't available in DFW.

Kireol, even NvisblMan above posts the doors would be different, not the exact same so that makes it even more confusing as to your PM attempt.

NvisblMan said:
I would advise you not to compare Lowes and Home Depot as much as comparing the actual window manufactures against each other.

Actually, I would compare the actual doors to each other, and read reviews of such. In doing so, from what I've read the Masonite door @ HD is considered a higher quality door than the Jeld-Wen/Reliabilt door stocked and sold at my local Lowes. This is coming from installers that have handled both (and gone back to repair or remove the Reliabilt).

But thanks, I don't typically compare physical stores when looking for a specific item, but usually the item itself.

Thanks OP! Picked up two and handed over a lowes 25 off $250 coupon and they took $25 off each door! Got them for $194 each! Thanks again what an awesome deal. I would also like to point out that that sku at my home depot was for a 6' door, not a 5' door. If anyone in Mid Michigan would be interested in swapping a 5 for a 6 I'd be all for it as one of my two openings would work much better if it were 5' not 6'

All manufactures make a good better best tier of products.....So when I say, compare manufactures to manufactures obviously I mean look within their tier of product offering...

Marvin = Integerity
Jeld-Wen = Relibuilt
Anderson = Renewal
Pella = Encompass, Thermastar

I'm just saying to compare apples to apples........Wood windows to Wood windows, vinyl windows to vinyl windows and fiberglass to fiberglass...thats all

Good luck....

Some SKUs for all around the country for this door. Or so I'm told

375-154
375-298
163-412
163-576

Thx for the additional info, Kireol. May try those other SKUS tomorrow. The only thing that throws me is them saying they UPC code itself was invalid, of course she may not have keyed it in properly.

Will check on the other skus and report what I find, or if any other DFW FW'er wants to give it a shot and report back that would be grand!

FYI, I got this same door (pretty sure it's the same) about 2 years ago, never had any leaks or much air coming through them. I'm very pleased with them. Sometimes the blinds get out of sync but it's quick and easy to fix. Pretty sure I paid 400+ when I got them.

Clyjr- did you get it at HD? If so that mimics what I've heard/read (better quality).

Unfortunately, still no love in the DFW area. Stopped in again on the way to work this morning, and all four of the provided skus come back as invalid, so they aren't stocked locally at HD.

I give up, but good deal for those that have them stocked I guess!

superdrew said: Thanks OP! Picked up two and handed over a lowes 25 off $250 coupon and they took $25 off each door! Got them for $194 each! Thanks again what an awesome deal. I would also like to point out that that sku at my home depot was for a 6' door, not a 5' door. If anyone in Mid Michigan would be interested in swapping a 5 for a 6 I'd be all for it as one of my two openings would work much better if it were 5' not 6'

Where's the coupon?
Thanks.

kireol said: Some SKUs for all around the country for this door. Or so I'm told

375-154
375-298
163-412
163-576

I tried three stores in NW Atlanta suburbs today. Guy at the first store told me all four SKUs were invalid. They had no Jeld-Wen French/patio doors, but did have Jeld-Wen sliding doors. Couldn't find any at the other two stores. All three had three other brands, but not these.

NvisblMan said: All manufactures make a good better best tier of products.....So when I say, compare manufactures to manufactures obviously I mean look within their tier of product offering...

Marvin = Integerity
Jeld-Wen = Relibuilt
Anderson = Renewal
Pella = Encompass, Thermastar

I'm just saying to compare apples to apples........Wood windows to Wood windows, vinyl windows to vinyl windows and fiberglass to fiberglass...thats all

Even then it's difficult to compare "apples to apples" because all these companies use different types of wood, metal, and fiberglass. For example, both Marvin and Jeld-Wen offer "wood windows". But Marvin offers theirs with 100% stain-grade Douglas Fir (top of the line) while Jeld-Wen uses paint-grade pine (total garbage). And some companies will offer a metal exterior on their windows, but it's very important to differentiate between "roll form" metal (thin and malleable) and "extruded" metal (thick and rigid).

Then again, if you're serious about windows, you shouldn't be shopping at Home Depot or Lowes.

any luck in south florida? Two HDs I went to had them for 547

NvisblMan said: I sell windows for a competitor of Jeld-Wen.

-snip-

Pellas option has three pains of glass as opposed to two that Jeld-Wen offers.

I've never challenged a professional window seller before, but aren't they called panes?

I worked for Lowes in the Millwork (doors and windows) department for 7 years and the door for $219 is a great buy.

The Reliabilt tag is just a tag Lowes puts on many of their products to distinguish it as something Lowes sells. The door is a Jeld Wen door as well and runs usually from $498 to $548.

Keep in mind these are only in-swing doors and should not be reversed (threshold would be on the wrong side, pins could be popped out and someone come in your house, etc).

If this door is the same as Lowes, if the mini blind breaks you can get a new window section only and replace it by unscrewing the screws around the perimeter of the glass on the inside.

Steel does have the tendency to dent if something hard hits it, but hey, wood rots too. For someone looking for a good deal on a patio door, this is it. Good post OP

If in Portland, OR area, Mall 205 store is the only store that has 'em, with two in stock . . . but one of 'em is the display model (shopworn, but with handles/locks, and worth asking for additional discount) & the other is in the next bin over towards the back of the store, behind two other newer style Jeld-Wen french doors. Look for the darker off-white primer color (vs white on the newer Jeld-Wen units).
Don't know why the sticker on OP door shows $1016 . . . tag on display door in Portland has an obvious older sign on it, showing $579 regular price. IMHO, this is not a average-to-better quality door, only basic or builders grade steel door. Requires painting immediately after installation, and maintenance (painting) thereafter. Not knocking Jeld-Wen, but I chose to leave those doors for another FW buyer. Not worth the (reduced) price to me.

Prior, I purchased an Andersen FrenchWood Gliding door (400 series) from Home Depot, back when H.D. carried 'em in stock for $950 ($1500+ today). Never regreted the purchase, has provided seven years (so far) of great service . . . still tight fit, not air leaks at gaskets/seals, and permanent exterior cladding never required painting.

But for $220, this could work for m-a-n-y other people.

bossofyou said:
I tried three stores in NW Atlanta suburbs today. Guy at the first store told me all four SKUs were invalid. They had no Jeld-Wen French/patio doors, but did have Jeld-Wen sliding doors. Couldn't find any at the other two stores. All three had three other brands, but not these.

I had about the same luck in NE Atlanta.

If this is only for swing in doors I guess us Floridians are SOL.

Why, nobody wants those in Florida?

Its a hurricane code issue. At least for us in Miami.

Even then it's difficult to compare "apples to apples" because all these companies use different types of wood, metal, and fiberglass. For example, both Marvin and Jeld-Wen offer "wood windows". But Marvin offers theirs with 100% stain-grade Douglas Fir (top of the line) while Jeld-Wen uses paint-grade pine (total garbage). And some companies will offer a metal exterior on their windows, but it's very important to differentiate between "roll form" metal (thin and malleable) and "extruded" metal (thick and rigid).

Then again, if you're serious about windows, you shouldn't be shopping at Home Depot or Lowes.

Very well said.........

I'd be willing to bet you can find windows at Lowe's or Home Depot that are better than most new home builders are using these days.

Skipping 12 Messages...
Not as great a buy but while in HD yesterday (Bay Area, CA) I saw that all Jeld-Wen sliding patio doors are 15% off.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014