• filter:
  • 189 10 1112
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
dogluver323 said: ~850194 Acer® AS5740-5780 15.6" Widescreen Notebook Computer With Intel® Core™ i3-330M Processor w/4gb memory/250gb 5400 RPM hard drive $399.01 (was $649.99)~

Picked this up at Alhambra, CA location on 5/30/10. Was there to look at an HP i3 laptop and saw this one listed for $499.99. It was not advertised in the weekly ad. When I went to ring up, the manager told me this was not listed in the ad because the model was being discontinued and they had only the display model left, which was marked 10% off at $450. He offered to take another 10% off, bringing it to $399. When I did a search for SKU # on OfficeDepot.com it comes up for $499, which is still a good deal, and shows "delivery only" for 2 locations (Montebello and Alhambra) I input now. Great laptop and can't beat the deal for an i3 processor. Acer definitely gives you more bang for the buck. Only thing it's missing is bluetooth.

Good deal for you, but putting $399.01 in rolling thunder is not correct. The price you got is not the price everyone will get. Current price for it is $499.91.

rated:
mihai124 said: xarti said: - Energizer battery CR2450, 3V Marked at $0.43 cents --> rang at $0.01 (barcode: 039800085239)

Just out of curiosity, did they sell you the battery at $.01?

They are not supposed to, but they may give it.
I got some Zyxel VOIP phones few years back at penny. It all depends on the cashier, majority of the cashiers will call the manager and the manager will sell the items at last clearance price.

rated:
@ hot2004: Thanks for the correction. I've edited my original post and also re-listed here:

~850194 Acer® AS5740-5780 15.6" Widescreen Notebook Computer With Intel® Core™ i3-330M Processor w/4gb memory/250gb 5400 RPM hard drive $499.91 (was $649.99). Note: this is edited from original post~

rated:
mihai124 said: xarti said: - Energizer battery CR2450, 3V Marked at $0.43 cents --> rang at $0.01 (barcode: 039800085239)

Just out of curiosity, did they sell you the battery at $.01?

Yeah. Cashier didn't care, I wouldn't care either if I were him.. Working in that place makes you wanna go on a shooting rampage..

rated:
~753039 Toshiba L505-LS5021 $399.99(600)~
~271242 HP dv4-2164us $499.99(750) i3-330 14" 320G 4G~

rated:
~382130 Kodak M1033 Camera Black $79.94($159.99)~

rated:

rated:
This thread is really getting so slow. Is it people who lost interest in sharing or OD not giving away stuff the way they used to?

Let me pump it up with this third level clearance:

~708250 Motorola H710 Bluetooth-Enabled Multipoint Headset $17.93 (was $69.99)~ Still available in my area so good luck.

rated:
~ SKU 999507 APC Universal Notebook Battery, 50WH $6.94 Reg. Price $69.99 ~

Link for reference information.

rated:
bazzoon said: This thread is really getting so slow. Is it people who lost interest in sharing or OD not giving away stuff the way they used to?

they closed a lot of stores around me so I only have a couple left. What happens is by the time something goes to a decent clearance price there are none left. That explains my lack of interest.

rated:
JamesTKirk said: bazzoon said: This thread is really getting so slow. Is it people who lost interest in sharing or OD not giving away stuff the way they used to?

they closed a lot of stores around me so I only have a couple left. What happens is by the time something goes to a decent clearance price there are none left. That explains my lack of interest.

Also, lately, I have noticed that they are pulling some items off the floor when they reach a good price. The inventory still shows them in stock, but nowhere to be found. Has anyone else noticed this?

rated:
mihai124 said: JamesTKirk said: bazzoon said: This thread is really getting so slow. Is it people who lost interest in sharing or OD not giving away stuff the way they used to?

Also, lately, I have noticed that they are pulling some items off the floor when they reach a good price. The inventory still shows them in stock, but nowhere to be found. Has anyone else noticed this?

Yes , I notice that A LOT...

Anyway here is one of those items that may be hidden from you in the store:
SKU 608697 Linksys® WMP300N Wireless-N PCI Network Adapter ($7.94 , reg:$79.99)

rated:
Look out for Ativa printing calculators. I didn't get a chance to write down the prices, but it looked like all sizes/midels were on clearance at the $xx.x2 or $xx.x3 stage. I noted the largest model, 516855, regularly $55+, was less than $14. I bought a small, hand-held model for $6.92. I'll post the SKU when I get back to the car.

~516805 Ativa, 1-color hand held printing calculator, was $12.99, now $6.92~

rated:
mihai124 said: JamesTKirk said: bazzoon said: This thread is really getting so slow. Is it people who lost interest in sharing or OD not giving away stuff the way they used to?

In my area, the filthy OD manager personally takes good items himself or keeps them for his friends. No kidding. Last time I scored a Sony Voice Recorder for xx.93 price and when I went back for a second one, I saw the manager checked out the last one with someone he knows and put it in that guy's car.

rated:
caicaicai said: mihai124 said: JamesTKirk said: bazzoon said: This thread is really getting so slow. Is it people who lost interest in sharing or OD not giving away stuff the way they used to?

In my area, the filthy OD manager personally takes good items himself or keeps them for his friends. No kidding. Last time I scored a Sony Voice Recorder for xx.93 price and when I went back for a second one, I saw the manager checked out the last one with someone he knows and put it in that guy's car.

I think that is to be expected. And consider yourself luck that you were able to score a .93 voice recorder. I have never been able to score any .93 or .94 voice recorders, even though store stock shows them in stock.

rated:
WishingOnAStar said: ~541155 Fellowes® PS-79Ci 100% Jam Proof 12-Sheet Cross-Cut Shredder $19.94 ($399.99)~
this is now delivery only so the site doesn't show me in-store availability

rated:
beautiful, got a display model today w/2 year warranty for $19.99.

hint: there is a new sku # with the same model #. It is a 13-sheet instead of 12-sheet. The store I went to had the 12-sheet on display, so I politely asked the cool-as-f**k manager if he'd sell it and he agreed.

rated:
~750585 Panasonic KX-TG6433M DECT 6.0 Digital 3-Handset Cordless Phone Set With Digital Answering System, GunmetAal $49.94 (was $99.99)~

rated:
TrollMama said: WishingOnAStar said: ~541155 Fellowes® PS-79Ci 100% Jam Proof 12-Sheet Cross-Cut Shredder $19.94 ($399.99)~
this is now delivery only so the site doesn't show me in-store availability

Some places still show $399.99 price. By the way, what is your zip?

rated:
caicaicai said: mihai124 said: JamesTKirk said: bazzoon said: This thread is really getting so slow. Is it people who lost interest in sharing or OD not giving away stuff the way they used to?

Must be a pretty large voice recorder that required the manager to take it to customer's car

rated:
it seems that OD changes its clearance price structure. The last clearance stage xx.94 only mean half of the original price, which is much worse than previous 10% of original price.

rated:
ididit said: it seems that OD changes its clearance price structure. The last clearance stage xx.94 only mean half of the original price, which is much worse than previous 10% of original price.Which item(s) are you referring too? The shredder was a good 95% off the website and 90% off the store price. There are some Energizer hearing aid battery 8-packs I've found this past week that were $.74, down from $7.99.

~959550 Energizer 8-pack #13 hearing aid battery $.74 ($7.99)~
~959525 Energizer 8-pack #10 hearing aid battery $.74 ($7.99)~

rated:
ididit said: it seems that OD changes its clearance price structure. The last clearance stage xx.94 only mean half of the original price, which is much worse than previous 10% of original price.

I've noticed this is true only for cameras and some phones. Last level for laptops is 25% off. All supply/furniture and most other tech still follows regular 25, 50 75, 90% off stages.

rated:
ididit said: it seems that OD changes its clearance price structure. The last clearance stage xx.94 only mean half of the original price, which is much worse than previous 10% of original price.

That only applied to some recent phone deals they had.

I think they thought us buyers would be stupid and just buy, buy, buy since we just saw a .94 price without questioning whether it was a good deal or not.

I must say that sneaky strategy backfired on OD when I used many Staples $20 off $50 coupons on these half-off (.94) phones making my final price 70% off.

Thanks OD. lol

rated:
~ 334325 Toshiba HD-A3 HD DVD Player $19.99 (was $249.99). It's unused technology anymore thanks to BR. But if you have an access to HD movies, it is worth it. ~

rated:
~386415 Canon DC310 DVD Camcorder $174.94 (was $349.99)~

rated:
~351766 Energizer XPal XP18000 Rechargeable Power Pack $80 (was $169.99)~

rated:

rated:
SKORPI0 said: ~590526 Seagate® Expansion Desktop USB 2.0 Hard Drive, 1.5TB $69.92 (was $149.99)~

Is this the case with all OD stores?

rated:
Jonesboro, AR
Sony E-Series 16 gig mp3 player for 39, 8 gig for 29
Nextar Q gps for 39

rated:
mclld said: Jonesboro, AR
Nextar Q gps for 39

Do you have any SKUs?

rated:
mihai124 said: mclld said: Jonesboro, AR
Nextar Q gps for 39

Do you have any SKUs?

nope, he just copied a post from SD

rated:
Actually I am the one who posted that there, and no i don't have any sku's.

rated:
mclld said: Actually I am the one who posted that there, and no i don't have any sku's.Did these have green (laser-printed) shelf tags or hand written price tags?

rated:
Black marker prices

rated:
hoseman666 said: mclld said: Actually I am the one who posted that there, and no i don't have any sku's.Did these have green (laser-printed) shelf tags or hand written price tags?

Actually, a better question would be: did the prices end in .99 or something else?

rated:
~HP C4580 All in One wireless printer SKU 309975 $59.91~
Integrated wireless with memory card reader and 1.5" LCD display, regular price was $129.99 so I'm pretty sure it doesn't qualify for the $50 HP printer trade in but you can still use the $10 off $25 purchase coupon (expires 9/25 FROM THIS THREAD) to bring your price down to$49.91. Price good through 3/10/2012 (!).

rated:

rated:
salsdali said: ~300039 Office Depot Poly Bubble Mailers, 8 1/2" x 11", Pack Of 25 $1.00 (was $3.94)~Did the system ring it up at this price of was overridden by the cashier?

rated:
hoseman666 said: salsdali said: ~300039 Office Depot Poly Bubble Mailers, 8 1/2" x 11", Pack Of 25 $1.00 (was $3.94)~Did the system ring it up at this price of was overridden by the cashier?

The kiosk said $3.94 so it's a final stage clearance but the manager (I assume) put a small printed orange sticker on it with the $1.00 price.

Guess he figured no one was biting at $3.94 but would bite at $1.00 for a $38 item. Pretty funny.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014