• filter:
  • 18910 11 12
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
~400941 5-pack OD brand poly mailer bags .84~ (6" x 8" I think)

rated:
Stolen from SD or maybe here in FW. Might be cleared out now.

~286156 Seagate 500 GB FreeAgent Go SE Portable HD - $29.93~
~590526 Seagate 1.5 TB External Expansion Desktop HD, 7200 RPM - $34.93~
~622539 Seagate 1.5 TB Internal 3.5" HD, 5900 RPM - $29.93~

rated:
~150039 iHome IH-M186OC wireless laser netbook mouse $6.93 (was $14.92 was $24.99)~
~unknown SKU# - UPC 812350010284 iHome IH-M186OC wireless laser netbook mouse $ 7.93 (was 14.92)~

rated:
SKORPI0 said: ~150039 iHome IH-M186OC wireless laser netbook mouse $6.93 (was $14.92 was $24.99)~
~unknown SKU# - UPC 812350010284 iHome IH-M186OC wireless laser netbook mouse $ 7.93 (was 14.92)~

The SKU for the 2nd mouse appears to be 150174.

rated:
These were also @ 75% off

~150138 iHome Netbook Netpak, White $9.93 ~
~150147 iHome Netbook Netpak, Blue $9.93 ~
~150093 iHome Netbook Netpak, Black $9.93 ~
~150066 iHome Netbook Netpak, Pink $9.93 ~
~150129 iHome Netbook Netpak, Red $9.93 ~
~ 149877 iHome Optical Netbook Mouse, Red $4~
~ 150237 Netbook Mouse, Black $7.93 ~

rated:
~492522 Lenovo G550 15.6"/Intel T4500/4GB/250GB/6lbs/Win 7 Home Premium, $399.01 was $549.99~

rated:
INoobieYou said: ~492522 Lenovo G550 15.6"/Intel T4500/4GB/250GB/6lbs/Win 7 Home Premium, $399.01 was $549.99~

It's actually 379.92 in my area not bad might have to go check it out. 359.92 with the OD coupon.

rated:
~iHome 150w pocket inverter 150228 $9.93~

Cord fits airplane power outlet plus auto outlet adapter plug, one three prong inlet plug and one USB inlet port, nice little item.

rated:
~Office Depot 10x13 Recycled Large Envelopes 250-pack 331088 orig $27.99 now $2.94~

rated:
~Canon SD 1400is clearance at around $90-ish (sorry don't remember when I saw it at the store)~

rated:
Does OD have general days of the week when things go clearance? My Staples seems to be every Saturday... Just wondering?

rated:
newjerseymax said: Does OD have general days of the week when things go clearance? My Staples seems to be every Saturday... Just wondering?
Friday morning

rated:
My Office Depot does not have that much clearance items.

rated:
proud2bpinoy said: These were also @ 75% off

~150138 iHome Netbook Netpak, White $9.93 ~
~150147 iHome Netbook Netpak, Blue $9.93 ~
~150093 iHome Netbook Netpak, Black $9.93 ~
~150066 iHome Netbook Netpak, Pink $9.93 ~
~150129 iHome Netbook Netpak, Red $9.93 ~

I was in a store this morning, and saw several Netpaks of varying colors. The shelf tags stated a price of $9.93, the same as they were when I was there a month ago. I checked the SKU at the inkdepot computer, to see if the price had decreased further, and the price came back as $39.99. I double-checked the SKU on the shelf tag, and also checked the SKUs of more than one color, and all were $39.99. I don't know that I've seen anything like that before...

rated:
~ 351766 Energizer XPal XP18000 Rechargeable Power Pack $16.94(was $169.99)~

rated:
$169.99 at my OD as of 12/08. I do have to say most stores in the area show zero in stock which could mean.......

rated:
~ Logitech v220 wireless notebook mouse $5

rated:
xarti said:   ~ Logitech v220 wireless notebook mouse $5A SKU would be nice

rated:
retrac said:   ~ Logitech v220 wireless notebook mouse $5

xarti said:   A SKU would be nice

How to get the info:
1. Go to Office Depot.com
2. Enter "Logitech v220" in the search window.
3. You should be able to figure out what to do next right?

There are 4 colors to pick from, black, red, blue and pink.

rated:
All of the Logitech mice are showing up full price for store pickup at the four closest locations near me. Has anyone else been able to get this deal?

rated:
suppershopper said:   All of the Logitech mice are showing up full price for store pickup at the four closest locations near me. Has anyone else been able to get this deal?Go to B&M and punch the sku in to be sure.

rated:
Sorry for no including sku, I dont have the mouse anymore. Its none of the 4 solid colors, its a red and white pattern similar to this

http://www.logitech.com/assets/21610/21610.png

It was on the clearance box with a red sticker in it that said 5.00 and there was just one.. May be a YMMV case..
Hope this helps.

rated:
retrac said:   $169.99 at my OD as of 12/08. I do have to say most stores in the area show zero in stock which could mean.......

Same thing in Houston TX. I used the customer desk to check the price, still showed at $169.99, even there were only 2 left in the store; 0 in stock at others.

rated:
Coupon Code 69821786 - $15 off $75 - 1/18/11 to 1/22/11 - includes TECHNOLOGY items!
Coupon Code 39341185 - $20 off $100 - 1/18/11 to 1/22/11 - includes TECHNOLOGY items!

Online or B&M - Private Sale 5 Days Only

rated:
~ 839754 - HP DV4-2160US 14",i5-430,4GB laptop $449.94, before $50 rebate ~
~ 354633 - HP DM4-1162US 14",i5-450,4GB laptop $499.93, before $50 rebate ~

picked up one of each, new in box (TX). $50 dollar rebate available on both - does not print out at store

DV4-2160

DM4-1162

rated:
This is slightly off topic but still deals with Office_Depot clearance items.

I was in an Office_Depot yesterday and bought 9 clearance items. Nothing unusual about that except 8 of the 9 items required a manager to enter his approval code for the price override.

I asked the cashier if this was something new and he said apparently it is because the P.O.S. system wasn't requiring a manager override code 2 days ago. The cashier said he was off the day before and he thinks the system was updated while he was off.

This may be a test program in some stores but be prepared to wait, if your store has the new system, for a manager unless the red tag price has actually been entered in the in-store database.

rated:
Is OD still in business? Had not saw any hot deal or good clearance deal for ages!!!!

rated:
hot2004 said:   Is OD still in business? Had not saw any hot deal or good clearance deal for ages!!!!

been getting plenty of deals. just need to know where to look

rated:
STEALfromCAGgive2FW said:   hot2004 said:   Is OD still in business? Had not saw any hot deal or good clearance deal for ages!!!!

been getting plenty of deals. just need to know where to look

Care to share some to qualify your bragging rights

rated:
Speaks more to the WebSite (lack of traffic)

NOT the deals

rated:
edit: my mistake

rated:
Why is this topic not being updated so often anymore? Any particular reason?

rated:
Any laptops on clearance?

rated:
In an attempt to revive this thread, as of today a fuji camera is in first level clearance:

~266550 Fujifilm FinePix XP10 12.0-Megapixel Digital Camera, Blue. Now $99.91 (from $159.99)~

rated:
In response to some of the questions about the lack of clearance deals in this topic lately, I'll pass along what I have seen during the last several months.

Clearance items seem to vary radically from one O_D to another:

Examples:

1. Found a massive calculator clearance in one O_D but the same calculators were still at full price in other O_Ds I checked.

2. One store had a small selection of dry erase boards on clearance but I found none marked down elsewhere.

On rare occasions I'll find the same items on clearance at other O_Ds but not necessarily at the same price.

Apparently the O_D home office is getting more selective on clearance items, when they go on clearance, where they go on clearance, and for what prices. (All that is a guess because I no longer see the consistent clearance items and prices I saw in O_Ds a few years ago.)

I won't post items that don't appear to be on clearance throughout the chain because too many people whine when they can't find the same deals at their O_D stores.

I suspect my last comment is why there hasn't been much activity in this thread for a while.

rated:
photoman3 said:   In response to some of the questions about the lack of clearance deals in this topic lately, I'll pass along what I have seen during the last several months.

Examples:

1. Found a massive calculator clearance in one O_D but the same calculators were still at full price in other O_Ds I checked.

2. One store had a small selection of dry erase boards on clearance but I found none marked down elsewhere.

On rare occasions I'll find the same items on clearance at other O_Ds but not necessarily at the same price.

Have you tried actually buying them and these items rang up at different price? I have bought tons of items from OD and despite the price tag, they ring up in clearance. There are local markdowns sometime, however. Local markdowns usually end with with digits different than 9x, (x=1-7).
If the item is cleared and has the price xx.91,xx.92,xx.93,xx.94,xx.96,xx.97 this is almost definitely national.

rated:
bazzoon said:   photoman3 said:   In response to some of the questions about the lack of clearance deals in this topic lately, I'll pass along what I have seen during the last several months.

Examples:

Have you tried actually buying them and these items rang up at different price? I have bought tons of items from OD and despite the price tag, they ring up in clearance. There are local markdowns sometime, however. Local markdowns usually end with with digits different than 9x, (x=1-7).
If the item is cleared and has the price xx.91,xx.92,xx.93,xx.94,xx.96,xx.97 this is almost definitely national.

First, I have shopped O_D clearance for at least the last 10 years so I have some experience at what constitutes national clearance prices and what doesn't. I have also spoken with several O_D management personnel and they have all been consistent in their explanations of how O_D clearance used to work up until a year or two ago (at least in my area) and then the corporate office apparently went to a more selective (IE: store-by-store system for some, but NOT ALL items).

I have checked prices at both the in-store computer and at the P.O.S. system on the items I mentioned......THEY WERE NOT ON CLEARANCE AT OTHER STORES......they were at FULL price.....IE: all had prices ending in .99 which O_D uses for the vast majority of its everyday prices and most advertised sale prices.

Yes! I have tried buying the items I mentioned only to have them ring up at regular prices. When I mentioned this to a manager the only comment I received was that O_D prices aren't always the same amongst area stores....Duh!

BTW. just so you know the O_D stores in my area used .01, .02, etc. as ending clearance prices for a while. I don't know if that was corporate driven or just a local district manager thing.

Based on my discussions with local O_D managers the corporate clearance price structure USED to end with .91, .92, .93, or .94 and nothing else. Any other clearance price ending would usually signify a store manager's extra discount just to get rid of the stuff before they had to send it back to the warehouse at a total loss to the store. Under the old system the reduced prices would start at .91 and then corporate would lower the prices approximately every 2 weeks until the last stage or the product was sold before it got to the last stage. I have been told that once an item hit that .94 stage the stores had about 2 weeks to eliminate the remaining stock or, once again, send it back to the warehouse.

That is part of what I have learned over the years and it used to be reasonably consistent from one O_D to another. However, there is always the possibility that those managers made up all that stuff but my experience has confirmed the information they gave me.

Back to my calculator example. Calculators I bought for 50 cents each at one O_D about 15 miles from where I live are still at (as of 2 days ago)......$5.99 each at an O_D about a mile from where I live. They still have about 6 dozen in stock!

Is that selective clearance? I can only guess that it might be. Maybe the other store made a mistake but the chances of anyone else finding those same 50 cent calculators are Slim to None and I think Slim left town last week! Therefore, I'm not about to post about a 50 cent calculator and have people whine when they can't find them!

rated:
Thanks for the rundown of OD clearance circa 2009. As of 2011, most stores aren't bothering to try to sell most of their NIB electronics, they're just shipping them back to the warehouse if they don't sell at the lame .91/.92 price. If you have a manager who still holds onto the good stuff as it drops to cheap clearance prices, enjoy it while it lasts. OD's finances are terrible and they're watching every penny now. The glory days are over. Staples is headed in the same direction, most noticeably with printers.

rated:
airtommy said:   Thanks for the rundown of OD clearance circa 2009. As of 2011, most stores aren't bothering to try to sell most of their NIB electronics, they're just shipping them back to the warehouse if they don't sell at the lame .91/.92 price. If you have a manager who still holds onto the good stuff as it drops to cheap clearance prices, enjoy it while it lasts. OD's finances are terrible and they're watching every penny now. The glory days are over. Staples is headed in the same direction, most noticeably with printers.

You're Welcome!

I've noticed similar things happening in the Staplez stores in my area lately. Some items hang around for months and months without any change in the clearance price. Other items get consistently lowered until they're gone.

IMNSHO I believe a lot of stores are hurting themselves by having ridiculously high prices on lots of their items. About the only time some of those items see any significant sales movement is when they're advertised at a decent price or..........go on clearance.

The days of seeing, at least, token discounts (5-10%) from the MSRP on most items at a B&M store are apparently long gone. Not even WallWart has good everyday discounts on most of the items I check.

rated:
No updates since 7/29/11? Is there a new thread?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014