• Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
~430130 HP a6542p-b 829.91 50MIR~
~957685 s3521p slimline 499.92 50MIR~
~430105 sr5501p compaq 249.92 50MIR~

rated:
I just wanted to add that I spoke with the customer service manager and she said there should be more items on clearance a few weeks from now. Just FYI.. Hopefully some deals will pop up as OD clears out old inventory. The OD I frequent is really nice, I turn over my laptops every 6-8 months so I buy one or two a year from them. Not to mention I buy for a lot of other people and send everyone I know there. My coworker bought a 17" Toshiba laptop two nights ago on clearance which I am setting up now. Not a particularly good deal - it is the L355-S7817 (I think) for $730 - 10% off.

rated:
HP Premium Plus Photo Paper, Panorama- 4" x 12" Clearance bin for $3 per pack of 20, Fresno, CA.

rated:
S105dude said: I just wanted to add that I spoke with the customer service manager and she said there should be more items on clearance a few weeks from now. Just FYI.. Hopefully some deals will pop up as OD clears out old inventory. The OD I frequent is really nice, I turn over my laptops every 6-8 months so I buy one or two a year from them. Not to mention I buy for a lot of other people and send everyone I know there. My coworker bought a 17" Toshiba laptop two nights ago on clearance which I am setting up now. Not a particularly good deal - it is the L355-S7817 (I think) for $730 - 10% off.

One of my OD's tonight informed me that they were putting all clearance lappies 25% off. Picked up a Tosh L305-S5877 for $435 + tax (less cpns). Also, the Cpq C771us for $315 - $30 MIR = $285. The cool mgr even pulled up a list of which items he had new in box :thumbup:

I feel OD may not weather these economic times

rated:
910635 SKU check it out

rated:
SKU 910635 check it out

rated:
mrhemanththegreat said: SKU 910635 check it outWill you reimburse me for gasoline costs if I end up going to OD and not liking this mystery price?

rated:
hoseman666 said: mrhemanththegreat said: SKU 910635 check it outWill you reimburse me for gasoline costs if I end up going to OD and not liking this mystery price?
If so, just stay away from OD Clearance deals, it's always YMMV. There are two major reasons:
* First of all the item may not be in stock in your store or even your region.
* Secondly, even if they do have it in stock, the prices varies. Different stores in same region may be at regular price to different level of clearance prices.

But posting the item description and clearance price is always better.

rated:
hoseman666 said: mrhemanththegreat said: SKU 910635 check it outWill you reimburse me for gasoline costs if I end up going to OD and not liking this mystery price?

~910635 Canon Digital Rebel XTi 10.1-Megapixel EOS Digital SLR Camera $460.91 or lower~ LOL! Is that better?

rated:
ltjtx said: I have not seen this listed.
Today at OD stores in Arlington,TX, I got a Post-it note pad set, 12 - 3x3 pads (pastels) with a FREE Note Holder, regularly $14.99, I paid $1.00.
At 1 store they were in a bin, marked $1.00, at all the other stores they were in with the regular Post-it stuff, regular priced but all rang up at the register for $1.00 each. UPC on the back says 2120053036
Box front has a code-DS2033-VP from Post-it.
I looked online for them, at first I found them, it said price was .01, but none were available, then later they were no longer on the site.

Lol, somebody made out like a greedy bastard on your find link

rated:
hoseman666 said: One of my OD's tonight informed me that they were putting all clearance lappies 25% off. Picked up a Tosh L305-S5877 for $435 + tax (less cpns). Also, the Cpq C771us for $315 - $30 MIR = $285. The cool mgr even pulled up a list of which items he had new in box :thumbup:

I feel OD may not weather these economic times

I really hope they do. I can't stand shopping at Best Buy, Office Depot is a nice alternative even if I am paying a little more sometimes. You can tell some managers at OD just really like their job, which is much more than I can say for other stores!

I bought a Gateway M-6881 on clearance [the one spec'd with a T5750 but actually comes with a T7500] and it has a very annoying high pitched noise. Come to find out it's the infamous 'CPU whine' from Core Duo and Core 2 Duo chips. Link (turn up your volume)

Time to go back and see the manager about a return or maybe an exchange. I just don't want one that is even worse.. The manager took off 15% if I bought a PPP which is of course refundable. He's really cool so I hate to bother him after he gave me a good deal but the CPU whine is just unbearable and it's plaguing all brands based on the CD and C2D platform.

To make this post "legal" I noticed the Toshiba L355-S7817 for $599.xx, regular price is $729.99

rated:
~955100 VGN cr510e/l 849.93~
~952375 VGN NR498e/p 699.91~

~176225 p305d-s8834 749.92~
~176270 a305-s6862 849.91~
~153310 acer ex4420-5239 laptop 419.92~
~430175 as6920-6508 16" t5750 750~
~113820 gateway m6827 599.92~
~981450 acer a0a150-1570 8.9" laptop 1G RAM 329.99~

rated:
OT: jessesally and others.. Do you make friends with your OD managers so that they know what you're doing at the InkDepot computer [checking SKUs] and so that they don't bother you? Just curious . I jotted down a bunch of SKUs in notepad so I can print it and check it out when I go to OD. I'm going to the newest location where I know the manager (he transferred from my usual OD) - I hope he's working..that way I don't have to feel rushed at the computer checking prices.

rated:
S105dude said: OT: jessesally and others...

I don't have much in the way of issues using the kiosks. Whether I know the mgr or not, I rarely get anything other than "May I help you find something?" I just reply "No thanks, I've got it" and they leave me alone. Occasionally a store will lock the kiosks, but I find they will soon revert back to leaving them open.

Many of the stores in my area have been remodeled within the last year, and now have more kiosks. It's nice to not have to go way back into the furniture area to get an open one. Last summer one store had all their clearance right in the copy center area. I went in their for 2 hrs every night for 2 weeks, bogarting one of their shipping workstations while I looked up pricing . That was the craziest sale ever, 75% off already clearanced pricing,and they took the CC 40 off 200 cpns too. I literally filled my car up with small items 2 nights. I love this thread, BTW.

rated:
Ha ha, nice. I was just about to mention that the newest OD must have 5-6 kiosks compared to the two of the older OD I go to. Not to mention one is usually inoperable so there is really just one available for use. I went in tonight to return the Gateway laptop I bought and the manager was working so I was chatting with him while I checked SKUs [this OD has a computer right at the customer service counter]. Found the Acer 14" laptop, as well as the Compaq C771 but nothing else that really caught my eye. The Canon Rebel XTi is still $699. Anyway, I was on FW from my BlackBerry so the manager was asking if I was looking up SKUs/prices. I told him yes and he said 'that's cool' as he processed my return while I continued looking up SKUs.

Hopefully there will be some deals to be had as we get closer to year end. I'll just go in once a week to scope things out and check SKUs. I'm going to write a letter to OD corporate HQ this week, just expressing my satisfaction with the ODs I frequent. I do this every once in a while - I need to make sure OD doesn't close my favorite stores!

rated:
~635450 49.04 from 330 table~
~635420 62.04 from 250 DESK black~
~945446 2gb cf card 9.91~
~637940 12.91 1gb micro sd card~

rated:
Thank God for the new kiosks. The old ones were painfully slow. It was really getting embarassing for a technology store to have those clunky slow computers combined with ugly CRT monitors.

rated:
SKU 839585 Ativa 24 in memory card reader and writer

rated:
~857596 vx2235wm 22" LCD 299.91 ~
~110595 mgellan 4250 gps 319.92 400 ~
~135225 dv6830us 649.92 900 ~
~176155 a205-s5880 559.01 700 ~
~514665 canon S5 IS 299.91 ~
~473015 dmc-lz8 8mp 5x dc 139.91 ~
~635445 z1275 12x 12mp dc 119.91 200 ~
~519275 Lenovo d222 22" lcd 229.91 ~
~957685 HP s3521p slimpc 449.93 -50MIR~

rated:
Item # 671705 file cabinet $49.92 online pickup @70815 but my local store have clearance for $20.03

rated:
joelbert said: ltjtx said: I have not seen this listed.
Today at OD stores in Arlington,TX, I got a Post-it note pad set, 12 - 3x3 pads (pastels) with a FREE Note Holder, regularly $14.99, I paid $1.00.
At 1 store they were in a bin, marked $1.00, at all the other stores they were in with the regular Post-it stuff, regular priced but all rang up at the register for $1.00 each. UPC on the back says 2120053036
I looked online for them, at first I found them, it said price was .01, but none were available, then later they were no longer on the site.

Thanks ltjtx and Lemmiwnks

Similar deal on yellow ones with the 'Pop-Up' style dispenser.

~215864 Post it pop-up notes 12 - 3x3 pads with free dispenser PRO-VA $1.00~

and adding tildes to the pastel post it deal
~503480 Post-it notes (pastels) 12 - 3x3 pads with free dispenser DS2033-VP $1.00~

These are now $0.14 - if one can find any. I picked up two 215864 today - no more in the NW Atlanta suburbs. The triangle-shaped dispensers with a sample of pop-up post-its are the same price. SKU 180108 covers more than one design & UPC. I found ones with clock/watch faces, and two others that are hard to describe - both black & white with designs that remind me of the back of stock decks of cards.

rated:
bossofyou said: joelbert said: ltjtx said: I have not seen this listed.

~503480 Post-it notes (pastels) 12 - 3x3 pads with free dispenser DS2033-VP $1.00~

These are now $0.14 - if one can find any. I picked up two 215864 today - no more in the NW Atlanta suburbs. The triangle-shaped dispensers with a sample of pop-up post-its are the same price. SKU 180108 covers more than one design & UPC. I found ones with clock/watch faces, and two others that are hard to describe - both black & white with designs that remind me of the back of stock decks of cards.

You beat me to the update. I got 10 of these in one store today. I thought I was going to pay for 9 of them with three ink cartridges. I was all cranky that they changed the ink return program at OD so I couldn't do that until I found out that the total for all of them was under $2.

rated:
joelbert said: bossofyou said: joelbert said: ltjtx said: I have not seen this listed.

These are now $0.14 - if one can find any...

You beat me to the update. I got 10 of these in one store today. I thought I was going to pay for 9 of them with three ink cartridges. I was all cranky that they changed the ink return program at OD so I couldn't do that until I found out that the total for all of them was under $2.

They're all now a penny. I've been in three different stores yesterday and today that stlll had stock. Scanned at a penny, and I had no trouble buying them, along with other items mixed in.

rated:
~910635 Canon EOS Rebel XTi w/ kit lens $399.99 (reg. $799.99)~

The price on this dropped yesterday. Oddly the older Rebel XT came up at $479.xx and then had a manager override price, then another 10% off for being a display model..then get this - a 50% promo discount applied automatically after that. I got the camera for $135! I didn't get the XTi but I did get an XT for really cheap and I'm fine with that. This is my first foray into dSLR land so I didn't want to spend a whole bunch.

rated:
S105dude said: Oddly the older Rebel XT came up at $479.xx and then had a manager override price, then another 10% off for being a display model..then get this - a 50% promo discount applied automatically after that. I got the camera for $135!

What's the item number for this camera??

rated:
zantafio said: S105dude said: Oddly the older Rebel XT ...

What's the item number for this camera??

283936 Canon EOS Rebel XT 8MP

rated:
Yes, the Canon EOS Rebel XT 283936 will scan at the register for $479 and change. It is part of the 50% promo the store is doing on red tag clearance. Once the total button is hit, the item should be $240ish+tax. Some stores will not give the display discount due to the huge price drop (in my case). But still, its a really good price. I am enjoying mine, purchased on wed 11/26. Not sure how that guy got it for $135... but thats cool.

if you do get lucky for the display discount you probably could get it for around $200!

rated:
double post sry

rated:
websokind said: Yes, the Canon EOS Rebel XT 283936 will scan at the register for $479 and change. It is part of the 50% promo the store is doing on red tag clearance. Once the total button is hit, the item should be $240ish+tax...
I was in a store today that had neither the XT or XTi on display. InkDepot showed one XTi in stock at $399.99, and three XT at $479.xx. I asked CSR to check stock in the storeroom, and it was confirmed that the XTi was a former display, but the XT boxes were new. I then told him that I knew a guy that bought the XT, and 50% was taken off at the register automatically. Asked him to check to see if that would work in this store. He was doubtful, and thought I was trying to scam him, but he reluctantly tried. By this time, another CSR had joined him at the register. Should have seen their jaws drop when the 50% came off. I bought two, and they are brand new, never out of the boxes. CSR likely bought the other - he said he was going to. Thanks, S105dude.

rated:
~Pinnacle USB Stick Pro(with QAM!)50% off 99.99 at register~

rated:
I checked at one of the Office Depot's near me who had the xti in stock but it wouldn't take off the 50% at the register even after totaling it out. Does the 50% only apply to some clearance cameras? I was stoked about getting an xti, but then my hopes and dreams were crushed. But on another note, I did find some other cameras on clearance (didn't check if the 50% off would work).
~514665 Canon S5IS $199.99~
~101580 Canon A580 $89.99~

rated:
meeper3000 said: I checked at one of the Office Depot's near me who had the xti in stock but it wouldn't take off the 50% at the register even after totaling it out. Does the 50% only apply to some clearance cameras? I was stoked about getting an xti, but then my hopes and dreams were crushed. But on another note, I did find some other cameras on clearance (didn't check if the 50% off would work).
~514665 Canon S5IS $199.99~
~101580 Canon A580 $89.99~

50% off applies to XT, it does not apply to Canon XTI, S5 or A580.
The system price of Canon XT is $479, however actual sale price varies from store to store. I got two NIB, one for $135 and another for $200.

rated:
Thanks S105. Got the XTi for $399 less 10% as it was the last one. Perfect Christmas gift for my oldest son. (FYI-This was in the Topeka Kansas store. Search by OD associate showed several of the Kansas City stores with 1 available in case you want to try them).

rated:
bossofyou said: websokind said: Yes, the Canon EOS Rebel XT 283936 will scan at the register for $479 and change. It is part of the 50% promo the store is doing on red tag clearance. Once the total button is hit, the item should be $240ish+tax...
I was in a store today that had neither the XT or XTi on display. InkDepot showed one XTi in stock at $399.99, and three XT at $479.xx. I asked CSR to check stock in the storeroom, and it was confirmed that the XTi was a former display, but the XT boxes were new. I then told him that I knew a guy that bought the XT, and 50% was taken off at the register automatically. Asked him to check to see if that would work in this store. He was doubtful, and thought I was trying to scam him, but he reluctantly tried. By this time, another CSR had joined him at the register. Should have seen their jaws drop when the 50% came off. I bought two, and they are brand new, never out of the boxes. CSR likely bought the other - he said he was going to. Thanks, S105dude.

I went back today to see if they had the Rebel XT. They had 3--told the asst.mgr that I saw they were part of the 50% off. I know her and she said--yeah, right. Well, I was right...fun to see her jaw drop. Bought 1 but left the other 2. Thanks again s105

rated:
Combine the XT with an epson r280 (576860) on the same receipt for a $100 epson rebate.

rated:
Item 863-032 RS ToGo Onyx Matrix Multifunctional Pedestal File, 31 1/2"H x 18 1/2"W x 18 9/10"D, Black Metallic scanned at $11. 46. I got it with $10 off coupon so it was $1.46.

rated:
Did anyone else notice OD website now has Check store availability.

rated:
salsdali said: Did anyone else notice OD website now has Check store availability.

Does it give the same accurate information on clearance item availability as the in store kiosks?

rated:
JamesTKirk said: salsdali said: Did anyone else notice OD website now has Check store availability.

Does it give the same accurate information on clearance item availability as the in store kiosks?

OD online now has 4 possible green check marks:
"Available online" is tagged with "Store pickup" and/or "Sold in stores" options.
But the clearance items are marked as "delivery only".

Not all "delivery only" items are clearance items as there are plenty of items which are really available "delivery only".

rated:
I realize this is not exactly a clearance deal, but OD is closing 112 stores (mostly in the US):

Source:

MSNBC

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014