Firestone -- FREE inspections

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Going to get my car alignment fixed today and found this deal. Thought I'd share with fellow FWs!

Firestone Complete Auto Care's GET A FREE JUMP AT THE PUMP includes the following:

* Free tire inflation
* Free tread inspection
* Free air filter inspection
* Free alignment check
...and more!

Firestone Complete Auto Care offers maintenance, repairs and tires all in one place—for one-stop efficiency!

Linky

Have a great weekend!

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Oh no, not Firestone AGAIN...here we go.....

Tacoma99 (Aug. 30, 2008 @ 11:15a) |

never, ever trust firestone. they have all the tricks to get your money out, and wreck your car.

yang81 (Aug. 30, 2008 @ 4:17p) |

Dont go to firestone.
I recently left my car there for such a service.
He reported lots of issues in the car and gave me a... (more)

sarathyind (Oct. 07, 2008 @ 12:43p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

The first thing I thought of when reading the title was free state inspections. Otherwise, not a bad deal.

Thanks OP. Always nice to pass info along to the community.
My Firestone and their affiliates always offer this. They do all that when I take it in for something else. Always free. That's how they are able to recommend other maintenance and make more money. IMO, Not the best garages, but I do get my oil changes there and get the free checks. Then I look for good deals elsewhere on the recommend maintenance.

I don't believe I have ever brought my car into Firestone when they didn't find something to fix (even if it really didn't need fixing). Several years ago, there was a class action lawsuit against Firestone for performing unnecessary repairs, overcharging customers, not actually performing repairs, etc. Caveat emptor. Remember, this is just a way to get customers in the door.

JK27 said: I don't believe I have ever brought my car into Firestone when they didn't find something to fix (even if it really didn't need fixing). Several years ago, there was a class action lawsuit against Firestone for performing unnecessary repairs, overcharging customers, not actually performing repairs, etc. Caveat emptor. Remember, this is just a way to get customers in the door.
Agreed. Not everything "free" is free.

JK27 said: I don't believe I have ever brought my car into Firestone when they didn't find something to fix (even if it really didn't need fixing). Several years ago, there was a class action lawsuit against Firestone for performing unnecessary repairs, overcharging customers, not actually performing repairs, etc. Caveat emptor. Remember, this is just a way to get customers in the door.

I've gone in numerous times for a cheap oil change and tire rotation with a printable coupon, and I've never been hassled for anything.

They also use synthetic blend oil, which is nice.

I'll continue going there, as my experience has been great.

Should I bring the car in just for this free tire inflation?

I once took a car into Firestone for an alignment and they came up with a list of $1800 worth of work they wanted to do to it. In one case they wanted to charge me extra for a repair because of cruise control even though the vehicle didn't have cruise control. In some cases the repairs they wanted to do were based on mileage with no knowledge whatsoever of the car's history. There were only 1 or 2 legit things on the list, and I wouldn't trust them to do them anyway.

Companies offering free inspections (or lifetime warranties) are nothing more than gimmicks to get you in the door to hard sell you services which most likely you don't need.

NEVER would take my car there again....always will find "problems". They get you in with a free offer and you'll leave paying hundreds.

Lets not forget they are in the business to MAKE MONEY.

the bottom line is that if you really get out of this completely *free* it is likely that some of your originally *like-new* parts just become *very-used* parts.

Lol. Check your kidneys too.

don't ever let firestone check your car, it will have a lot of problems after the inspection.

I like WHEEL WORKS. They never find any such unnecessary problems but usually offer the above mentioned services free of charge. Any feedback from folks on them... I hope they are not making the parts used

another firestone thread set on fire by the red ratings.

Never trust Firestone. They put the wrong plugs in my car. Also, although I can't prove it I'm fairly certain one of the techs punctured a hole in my exhaust pipe to troubleshoot a MIL code. Avoid!!

Never trust Firestone. They put the wrong plugs in my car. Also, although I can't prove it I'm fairly certain one of the techs punctured a hole in my exhaust pipe to troubleshoot a MIL code. Avoid!!

Perfect example of letting the fox guard the hen house!

I went to Firestone once to use their coupon for an oil change. I waited two hours and fell asleep in the tiny waiting room. After the oil change was done, they showed me a checklist of "recommended" repair items for my leased car. I never went back.

If you go and they do work, ask for the old parts.

Took my car there for an inspection once.
Rep said serpentine belt was looking old and bad. They could replace it for $150ish.
I said that's strange, I just replaced it last night, which I really did because I knew it was questionable.
You could imagine the look on his face.

I took my '05 Neon in for the $15.00 synthetic oil change, free tire rotation, etc. The store manager wasn't going to do the free rotation til I pointed it out and he said "Man... Firestone wants me to pay you for your oil change." I agreed it was a good deal and didn't let him slip out of it. Then after the car was finished (In a decent amount of time I must admit) they told me my tires needed balanced (They had less than 2K miles on them). I also noticed that they put 5W 30 oil in istead of the 5W 20 oil recommended by the manufacturer. So I had them drain it and put new oil and a new filter in (at least they told me they did). They wanted $45.00 to balance the tires. I called the mom and pop shop where I bought my tires and they said it was a typical Firestone franchise money maker. They told me I have lifetime balancing, rotations, etc on the tires with them anyways. They also told me the amount Firestone claimed the tires were off wouldn't cause any problems. They were right @ 80MPH there was not any vibration. I will steer clear of Firestone.

Taking your car to Firestone for anything is like entrusting your soul to the Devil himself. Do not do it because you will get screwed!!!

Tarajunky said: I've gone in numerous times for a cheap oil change and tire rotation with a printable coupon, and I've never been hassled for anything.

They also use synthetic blend oil, which is nice.

I'll continue going there, as my experience has been great.

In order for oil to be labeled synthetic blend it only has to be 3% synthetic (1 oz. out of the qt.) ,, most people ASSUME that synthetic blend is 50/50 ,,, It can be but most are around 10% ... a top rated conventional oil is fine for most anything... synthetic flows better at low temps but it doesn't carry away dirt as well...

Went to Firestone needing a rear brake job. Had a coupon for a 4-wheel job. The price was so good it was worth it just for the rears. Told the manager to only do the rears as I'd recently done the fronts (I hate doing rear brakes). He refused, saying the coupon required all 4 wheels to be done.
And he was a sh*t about it, rudely moving on to a customer behind me in line, when I pressed him politely as to why he couldn't accomodate me on this.

Now why we do we suppose that is true? Obviously so they can find "necessary" additional work to do on the fronts, such as new calipers.

Oh no, not Firestone AGAIN...here we go.....

never, ever trust firestone. they have all the tricks to get your money out, and wreck your car.

Dont go to firestone.
I recently left my car there for such a service.
He reported lots of issues in the car and gave me a quote for 1600$.
I took it to another dealer and he told that is crap and showed every part is working fine.

They just bill whatever they like.

Avoid!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014