• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
1800Contacts.com has Acuvue Oasys for $34.99 per box.
Price match at 98% (either order first, then call, or place order over the phone) to OptiContacts.com, which has them for $22.79 per when ordering 8 boxes.

Use coupon SAVE923 for $10 off $100

Then Acuvue has a $60 (new wearers) or $30 (old wearers) rebate when you buy 8 boxes.

Total: $168.67 after PM and Coupon
-$60 for new wearers = $108.67 ($13.58/box)
-$30 for old wearers = $138.67 ($17.33/box)

Either 38% of regular price or 50%! Enjoy

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
http://www.acuvue.com/buying-rebates.htm

jerzygirl (Feb. 12, 2009 @ 7:41p) |

Vision Direct will not PM to contactlens-secrets.com. Everytime I try, they say it is not a legitimate site. Any advic... (more)

Dreamtoday (Mar. 02, 2009 @ 6:40p) |

Just called 1800Contacts and did a pm to contactlensking, used new customer discount ($15 off $150) daily246.
I have asti... (more)

Tike71 (Mar. 13, 2009 @ 5:36p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

1. Eye Exam - Get an eye exam and purchase the required number of boxes of ACUVUEŽ Brand Contact Lenses (refer to the list of products below). Product must be purchased within 90 days after the eye exam.

Small caveat on the rebate. You must have recently had an eye exam.

are these daily wears?

SmashNGrab said: are these daily wears?

No. They are two-week disposables but are the best contact lens I've ever had.

EDIT: If you price match it's likely you will not get the CashBack.

nothing beats not having to deal with contact solution. and it minimizes risk of infections.

Though they are two week models that is calculated if you leave them in. If you don't sleep in them you can easily go a month with the same lenses. The truth is as long as a contact still feels comfortable there is no need to change it (imo).

And yes, the Oasys are by FAR the most comfortable contact I've ever used.

HaRdLiNe said: Though they are two week models that is calculated if you leave them in. If you don't sleep in them you can easily go a month with the same lenses. The truth is as long as a contact still feels comfortable there is no need to change it (imo).

Is that so? Do you have a link to info like that?

Lens.com has a better deal right now if you don't qualify for the "new wearers" rebate. Their price is $23.99 when you buy 4 or more boxes. If you buy 8 boxes, you qualify for a $60 rebate.

In the 8-box scenario, the total price per box is $16.49 with Lens.com.

Link to Lens.com page

I need astigmatic in one eye and regular in the other, so I get screwed with the rebates which are designed for buying one or the other for both eyes. Anyone know a way around this?

WatFallet said: Lens.com has a better deal right now if you don't qualify for the "new wearers" rebate. Their price is $23.99 when you buy 4 or more boxes. If you buy 8 boxes, you qualify for a $60 rebate.

In the 8-box scenario, the total price per box is $16.49 with Lens.com.

Link to Lens.com page
Actually you're better off just buying from OptiContacts.com, which was the source of the PM I referenced in the OP. They have these for $22.79 if you buy 8.

Or, alternatively, ACLens.com I think has a similar price and they have MS Live CashBack (17.5%). ACLens may actually end up being slightly cheaper than 1800Contacts because there's a coupon floating around out there. However, I stick to 1800Contacts as long as their prices are within spitting distance of the other shops because their service is so much better, but more importantly, you can return any unopened boxes if your prescription changes. Most shops only give you 30 days, 1800Contacts has no time limit!

Anyone know what Sams Club or Costco charges for these? I heard they were pretty reasonable and it may be worth it not to have to do the rebate.

cklennon said:
Then Acuvue has a $60 (new wearers) or $30 (old wearers)

$40 rebate for 4 boxes, or $65 rebate for six boxes okd or new wearer for Astigmatism ones, either Advanced or the new Oasys for Astigmatism.

WatFallet said: Lens.com has a better deal right now if you don't qualify for the "new wearers" rebate.

Lens.com are morons. I can get up to 7 boxes for $19.99 but if I get 8 boxes, the price per box jumps to $21.87 per box. Can anyone explain why I should pay an extra $16 penalty for buying 8 boxes instead of 7? Most places give you a discount for buying more. I guess they don't want my business.

Sams club charges about $25 a box, WalMart about $32.

HaRdLiNe said: Though they are two week models that is calculated if you leave them in. If you don't sleep in them you can easily go a month with the same lenses. The truth is as long as a contact still feels comfortable there is no need to change it (imo).

Don't listen to this guy. You should never extend beyond the deadline if you wear the lenses daily. Oasys aren't made to be slept in, so why would not sleeping in extend the life. I'm guessing you also use water to clean your lenses!!

I agree with this. My son had problems by using them beyond the two weeks, and wearing them for 18-20 hours/day. His eyes would burn an hour or so after putting in his contacts. His opthalmolgist said wear them less hours per day (8-12), and try not to go beyond the 2 weeks.

LOL! I have 1-month "disposable lenses" that I take out and put in solution every night. I go about 6 months on each pair before I throw them away. I've been wearing contacts for 15+ years. I've never had a problem with my eyes and I stare a computer screen 8-12 hours a day. When the "disposable lenses" came out a few years ago, I switched to them from my old 2-year pair. They're the exact same lenses. Just give em a good rub every once in a while to shake off the protein build-up and you're good to go. If the pair you're wearing aren't bothering your eyes, you can wear them for as long as you like. 2-week disposables are just a way to convince you to buy more.

AquariaGuy said: Don't listen to this guy. You should never extend beyond the deadline if you wear the lenses daily. Oasys aren't made to be slept in, so why would not sleeping in extend the life. I'm guessing you also use water to clean your lenses!!
Actually, according to acuvue.com you can sleep in them for up to 6 consecutive nights:
WEAR SCHEDULE
Daily Wear or Extended Wear up to 6 consecutive nights
Two week replacement recommended

I wear glasses normally but have used Acuvue for years to play sports. Since I use them for only a few hours at a time, I generally buy Daily Wear and just store and re-use them a few times. (Especially since 20/20 exposed Daily Wear as virtually the
same lenses as other kinds).

Would Acuvue Oasys make much difference for only wearing them a few hours at a time? I don't notice any problems with the regular Acuvue.

DO NOT listen to the guy who says you can wear these for a month. Some people can do this with no problem, but it's not something i'd recommend. Sure, you can go beyond the two-week period, and i've gone up to six weeks with them a few times, but the longer you go wearing the same contacts, the greater the chance you'll get an infection or cause damage to the eye.Contacts start to feel like crap after wearing the same ones for so long anyways; the only time i've done it is when i forgot to order another box and had to stretch my current ones. i try not to sleep in them, but in the event that i know i will, i put a couple of drop of multipurpose solution in my eyes before bed.

Personally, i'd rather replace them every two to three weeks rather than having to go to the ophthalmologist and pay for drops i could have prevented needing. In the event you do need to see an ophthalmologist, ask if they have samples. The samples, when used carefully, usually last the same amount of time your doctor will recommend you take the prescription.

Whatatay said:
Lens.com are morons. I can get up to 7 boxes for $19.99 but if I get 8 boxes, the price per box jumps to $21.87 per box. Can anyone explain why I should pay an extra $16 penalty for buying 8 boxes instead of 7? Most places give you a discount for buying more. I guess they don't want my business.

Here is the stupid (and completely wrong) answer I got from Lens.com as to why they charge more per box if order more than 7.

"Lens.com charges a handling fee on each order. The explanation of this fee can be found on our FAQ page as well as the Final Shopping Cart Review page. If you click on the (*) beside the subtotal, an information box will pop up to explain the handling fee of 6.5% on the merchandise total."

Interestingly, if I order more than 7 boxes of regular Acuvue Oasys, the price per box goes DOWN from $23.99 to $16.49. However, if I do the same with Acuvue Oasys for Astigmatism, the price goes UP.

Try these links and see for yourself by selecting less than 7 boxes and then more than 7 boxes.

Acuvue Oasys for Astigmatism, the price goes UP from $19.99 to $21.87 if I order MORE than 7 boxes.
http://www.Lens.com/contact-lenses/lens551.asp

Regular Acuvue Oasys lenes, the price goes DOWN from $23.99 to $16.49 if I order MORE than 7 boxes.
http://www.Lens.com/contact-lenses/lens551.asp

I sent a reply asking them to explain this.

Years ago I ordered from them. After a couple weeks of not getting my lenses, I received an email saying they didn't carry one of the lenses in the prescription I ordered. I looked at the order confirmation email and the prescription they said they did not carry was NOT the one I ordered. I ordered the correct prescription (that they do carry) but someone at Lens.com entered the info wrong in the computer. I told them to cancel the order so I could order from someone who knew what they were doing.

So, like I said, Lens.com are morons. Beware of the 6.5% hidden fee and the fact they rip you off on some lenses when you order more boxes.

nexus4400 said: Sams club charges about $25 a box, WalMart about $32.

Thank you.

logansilber said: Most contact lens sites I have found out there charge hidden fees for processing or handling... and well I can see that they have to pay the guys to put the lenses in boxes and mail them but at least be up front about the charges. I really like the upfront and great service I got from Contact Lens King
Logan

Still, they have $5 handling fee.

What is the best web site to order Acuvue Oasys from if you only have an expired prescription?

1800Contacts offers a $40 rebate with a purchase of Acuvue Oasys. Does it come from Johnson & Johnson or directly from 1800Contacts? I got my prescription overseas, and 1800Contacts didn't have a problem in the past with it to issue a rebate. I don't know if my prescription would be fine for Johnson & Johnson althought the rebate details don't mention anything about the fact that the prescription has to be issued by a U.S. optometrist. Does anybody know if I would qualify for this rebate?

Thanks for the tip! When I call them, 1800Contacts did not let me use the coupon and the price match so I ended up paying $178.67. I'll send in the $60 rebate and hopefully I'll get that, too!

Many thanks!

Thank you for this excellent thread as you all saved me a lot of money and I didn't have to stay in Holiday Inn last night!!

I PM'ed against www.Lens.com with 1800Contacts and with the rebate and my Insurance payment, hopefully, my final cost for my son's NEW toric AV Oasys contacts year supply will be around $100 or so - DELIVERED!!!

I loved how my ex-wife took him to get fitted without even talking with me (he lives with me and never any child support) and then drops the RX off for me to fill! An unexpected bill that would have been nearly $400 IF I hadn't found this thread...and now I only have to pay $260 up front and will (hopefully) get back $140 or so!!!

Thanks again!!

Called 1-800contacts and just did the PM with extra $10 off coupon. PM the $23.25 at Opti without giving me the extra 50 cents off for buying the 8 boxes, but total for the 8 boxes was $172 (couple $ more) and after rebate will be in the $130 range. I'm also going to try for the $40 rebate offered by 1-800contacts.....that would bring the deal down to about $92 for the 8 boxes or $12 a box

Thanks O/P

I just did the price match with 1800Contacts.com and applied the New Customers: $11 Off w/ $100 Purchase coupon. The total came to $167.67. FatWallet gives an additional 6% CashBack, about $10.06. And I qualify for the $60 new wearer rebate since I have an Rx. The rebate forms can be filled online here. Grand total is $97.61 for 8 boxes of Acuvue Oasys or $12.20/box. Thanks for the deal.

BTW, I, too, wear the Acuvue Oasys much longer than 2 weeks. I clean them every night before going to bed. I just wear them until they start to irritate. Usually, I go at least 3 weeks on a pair. Longer than a month is not advisable. IMO.

Just to clear up a few points regarding this lens.

1. The Acuvue Oasys is an excellent lens. It is approved to be prescribed as an "overnight" lens. This DOES NOT mean that anyone wearing this lens is OK for overnight wear. If you would like to use it overnight, you should specifically ask your doctor if it's okay for you to do so. Just call their office and ask, if it wasn't made clear when the lens was prescribed for you.

2. The "2-week" vs "1 month+" designation also is based on your doctor's recommendation. Each person's eye health, environment, and wearing patterns, etc, are different. Your doctor considered this when he/she prescribed the lens, and should be able to make the best recommendation for you. "Daily disposable", "2 week disposable" and "monthly disposable" lenses ARE NOT the same product with different labels, so don't use them that way. Again, if it was not made clear at your examination, call and ask how long you should be using each lens.

3. Overnight wear does not decrease your chances for eye infection. It increases your chances. If it's done wisely, and ACCORDING TO YOUR DOCTOR'S RECOMMENDATION it is still usually very safe.

4. You get two eyes. Period.

You should not make decisions on lens types, wear schedules, etc, based on internet message board discussions. Even if they are well intentioned, there is a very good reason accountants, engineers, nail techs, and chefs are not allowed to prescribe contact lenses. I realize the theme of this thread is CL economy. There are plenty of good opportunities for most people to save money on CLs without risking their eye health. Discuss them with your doc. If your doc is not interested in helping you find a healthy solution that fits your budget, find another doc.

I could not agree with you more. You only get 2 eyes and why would you risk them to save money and extend your lenses. See if your Dr. will prescribe daily disposables and don't risk your eyesight
Logan

dralph said: Just to clear up a few points regarding this lens.

1. The Acuvue Oasys is an excellent lens. It is approved to be prescribed as an "overnight" lens. This DOES NOT mean that anyone wearing this lens is OK for overnight wear. If you would like to use it overnight, you should specifically ask your doctor if it's okay for you to do so. Just call their office and ask, if it wasn't made clear when the lens was prescribed for you.

2. The "2-week" vs "1 month+" designation also is based on your doctor's recommendation. Each person's eye health, environment, and wearing patterns, etc, are different. Your doctor considered this when he/she prescribed the lens, and should be able to make the best recommendation for you. "Daily disposable", "2 week disposable" and "monthly disposable" lenses ARE NOT the same product with different labels, so don't use them that way. Again, if it was not made clear at your examination, call and ask how long you should be using each lens.

3. Overnight wear does not decrease your chances for eye infection. It increases your chances. If it's done wisely, and ACCORDING TO YOUR DOCTOR'S RECOMMENDATION it is still usually very safe.

4. You get two eyes. Period.

You should not make decisions on lens types, wear schedules, etc, based on internet message board discussions. Even if they are well intentioned, there is a very good reason accountants, engineers, nail techs, and chefs are not allowed to prescribe contact lenses. I realize the theme of this thread is CL economy. There are plenty of good opportunities for most people to save money on CLs without risking their eye health. Discuss them with your doc. If your doc is not interested in helping you find a healthy solution that fits your budget, find another doc.

crikey said: I just did the price match with 1800Contacts.com and applied the New Customers: $11 Off w/ $100 Purchase coupon. The total came to $167.67. FatWallet gives an additional 6% CashBack, about $10.06.
Please explain to me how you get an additional 6% CashBack from FW if pricematch can be done only over the phone and CashBack is given for online orders only.

vovito said: crikey said: I just did the price match with 1800Contacts.com and applied the New Customers: $11 Off w/ $100 Purchase coupon. The total came to $167.67. FatWallet gives an additional 6% CashBack, about $10.06.
Please explain to me how you get an additional 6% CashBack from FW if pricematch can be done only over the phone and CashBack is given for online orders only.
Order online, then call for the adjustment?

Just went to the eye doctor...he said its OK to use these 7 days in a row without taking them out. He strongly, strongly advised me to clean them with Clear Care at least once a week though. He also said 4 weeks maximum before throwing them out.

Whatatay said: Anyone know what Sams Club or Costco charges for these? I heard they were pretty reasonable and it may be worth it not to have to do the rebate.

Regular prices: Sam's $25.84/box; Costco $25.85/box. ($30 rebate on 8 boxes available)

Hi - I held off on buying these because I haven't tried my trial oasys lenses yet. But i just checked the rebate and i only see the offer for $30. Does anyone have the printed rebate form that offers the $60 rebate for new wearers?

Ordered and Pm'ed to opticontacts.com. $40 rebate now. Thanks OP.

Saw the Oasys at Costco today for $26 per box; $30 rebate for 8 boxes

Was that your answer or another question?

"vovito said:
crikey said:
I just did the price match with 1800Contacts.com and applied the New Customers: $11 Off w/ $100 Purchase coupon. The total came to $167.67. FatWallet gives an additional 6% CashBack, about $10.06.

Order online, then call for the adjustment?

Skipping 34 Messages...
Just called 1800Contacts and did a pm to contactlensking, used new customer discount ($15 off $150) daily246.
I have astigmatism in one eye so my order was for 4 boxes regular and 4 boxes astimatism both oasys. Hopefully I quality for the rebate. Thanks OP!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014