• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
HD is offering $57 Basic Install on Andersen Storm Doors

The measure fee or basic installation must be purchased from 8/28/08 through 9/10/08 at participating The Home Depot stores.

Link

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks. I was thinking about changing my door.

$57 after rebate.

direct link to rebate.
Link

Hmm. I wonder what "basic" includes. I could prolly figure out a standard screen/storm door installation, but my front door is a step up from the outside, and there's virtually nothing to mount to.

This is good deal for someone who's been waiting for this. I paid regular installation fee for 120 per each storm door.

Thanks OP....

I bought one of these doors last fall... Nice doors... Lazy guy that I am, I have only partially installed it (I haven't yet gotten around to installing the handle assembly, the left trim piece that it latches into, or the door closer). But finishing the job is bubbling up towards the top of my to-do list before it gets cold. Wrestling the glass pane into place (and putting in the retainer strips) was a difficult job for me to do by myself, with much sweating and cursing (the instructions recommend using two people for that part - for the glass pane installation that is, not for the sweating and cursing).

So, $57 sounds like a steal to me, even as a cheap FW'er...

Does anyone know the price range on these doors? I need a 32" wide side garage door.

Fallout said: Does anyone know the price range on these doors? I need a 32" wide side garage door.

$199ish as I recall. been a year since I looked, though

If you have never installed a storm door before plan on about 2 hours of work.

Ugh. Search the 'net for Home Depot contractor horror stories. Their delivery sucks too, from personal experience. I'll never let them do either, even free, for me.

wagnerism said: Ugh. Search the 'net for Home Depot contractor horror stories. Their delivery sucks too, from personal experience. I'll never let them do either, even free, for me.

Same here. Home Depot hires the lowest bidder to do their work. Maybe the lowest bidder will be awesome in your town, but chances are against it.

Availability in AK, AZ, CT, FL, NY and RI varies by market (in these states see local store for availability and details).

excuse my ignorance but why do you guys need storm doors anyway?..

berkeleyman said: excuse my ignorance but why do you guys need storm doors anyway?..

so there's something to hit you on your butt on your way out .............!!

j/k

berkeleyman said: excuse my ignorance but why do you guys need storm doors anyway?..

Many times it protects a nicer looking entry door. In addition, and more importantly in our case, it acts as a screen door to allow us to open up the house when the weather is nice.

0AfterRebates said: If you have never installed a storm door before plan on about 2 hours of work.

Yeah well mine took me about 6...i suck

Double post, deleted

Thanks OP for posting the deal!

DH and I went to HD last night and got a better sense of what they mean by "basic installation". If your door frame doesn't need any modification for the door to fit, your final installation price will be $57 after rebate, plus the $25 measurement fee (nonrefundable). If any modification needs to be done (if you didn't have an Anderson storm door before, chances of that is pretty high), it's a minimum $65 additional labor plus materials like molding. In our case, with a door at least two decades old, I think the additional labor will be well over $100. We have a contractor who offered to do it for $100 and he's someone we trust. It's a no-brainer.

Do ask HD what the installation might involve before you jump!

HD had free installation in June or July and usually offer free installation twice a year.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014