• Go to page :
  • 1 234
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
First off, thank you everyone that voted on, and shared your opinion on an extremely volatile topic. That being said, it was a pretty clear majority in favor of getting rid of political "deals".

The community hath spoken! Due to your wishes, we will no longer be allowing them to posted in Hot Deals.

Total Votes: 1,231

1. No, lock that garbage up, they're never hot anyway. (827 votes)
2. Yes, it's technically a deal, and we want to see all the deals we can! (337 votes)
3. Obama and McCain who? (67 votes)

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
You bumped this, for that?

BrianGa (Dec. 11, 2008 @ 8:07p) |

Yep, and you bumped it for that brilliant question?

legirons (Dec. 11, 2008 @ 8:15p) |

Now that the election is over shouldn't things like this be considered patriotic / historical and not political: http://... (more)

craigfromcraigslist (Dec. 22, 2008 @ 10:37a) |

Percentage Breakdown
Total Votes: 1,231 1231
1. No, lock that garbage up, they're never hot anyway. (827 votes) 827 %67.18115353
2. Yes, it's technically a deal, and we want to see all the deals we can! (337 votes) 337 %27.37611698
3. Obama and McCain who? (67 votes) 67 %5.442729488
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

The poll is not a Hot Deal, so shouldn't it go here?

Let people post what they feel is a hot deal freely, and let the users bury the post with (-) if they disagree that it is a hot deal.

IF it's a hot deal, and the discussion pertains to the deal and not political discussion, why not? I LOLed at the Obama Waffle deal. Waiting for the McCain frozen fries reply to it.

How about looking at the problem, which is not the deal itself, but the wankers thread crapping these deals.

Just a reminder, vote on the poll to express your opinion, negging the hell out of me won't make a difference for your opinion on the question

MVP9596 said: Just a reminder, vote on the poll to express your opinion, negging the hell out of me won't make a difference for your opinion on the question But we LIKE to neg the hell out of you.

Oh BAMA!!!!!!!!!!

Go for it, it never hurts to have a little comic relief. At least as long as people can manage to not take personally the jabs being taken at their chosen candidate and refrain from trying to retaliate here.

MVP9596 said: Just a reminder, vote on the poll to express your opinion, negging the hell out of me won't make a difference for your opinion on the question

You're a moderator...we're SUPPOSED to neg you!!!!!

workinonit50 said: Oh BAMA!!!!!!!!!!

Auburn! (Sorry, I just like to debate.)

Politics belongs in the "Raw deals" forum.

Flush 'em!!

if you wanna jolt and blab about politics, theres plenty of blogs and other sites to go to.....
lets keep FW politics and hate free.....its a forum for ALL people with real deals and bargain$

I'm kind of on the fence about this: Yeah, sometimes the deals are kind of funny, and the infighting that follows is often funnier. But I'm sick of seeing politics EVERYWHERE. Can't there just be this little oasis of politic-free deals?

Politics on a deal forum FTL!

Seriously, get that crap out of here...

What political hot deals?

ratracer said: Go for it, it never hurts to have a little comic relief. At least as long as people can manage to not take personally the jabs being taken at their chosen candidate and refrain from trying to retaliate here.
That's a nice thought, but the problem is that these threads are usually about as funny as they are hot, i.e., not. Not because I don't have a sense of humor—I appreciate satire and irony as much as the next guy—the execution is just usually bad.

Ok, I found one. They are lame, banish 'em.

If they are an actual deal sure. Too often people post crap up in order to get their message out.

(Like anyone not in a cave isn't already sick of hearing about politics this year)

I like the 24 % and vote for more polls?

all the info is not included in poll, do the deals help candidates or merely help big corps like Amazon(sorry veg)that are selling them, are they merely for profiting a fly by night getup biz. that poll is swayed to ?????

poll are incunclusive and incomplete, and leaning, but polls usually always are. me, I booed Amazon over the tacky christmas ornments.

wvtalbot said: If they are an actual deal sure. Too often people post crap up in order to get their message out.

(Like anyone not in a cave isn't already sick of hearing about politics this year)


Hell, I was sick of all that crap last year!!

FlyingHi said: workinonit50 said: Oh BAMA!!!!!!!!!!

Auburn! (Sorry, I just like to debate.)


Badgers!!! heehee

sueruns said: FlyingHi said: workinonit50 said: Oh BAMA!!!!!!!!!!

Auburn! (Sorry, I just like to debate.)


Badgers!!! heehee


y'all talking my language, go TIDE and O'

wvtalbot said: If they are an actual deal sure. Too often people post crap up in order to get their message out.

(Like anyone not in a cave isn't already sick of hearing about politics this year)


What is warm today may be HOT tommorrow when it CAN'T be bought link

I agree with the majority opinion that political "deals" should go. If some legitimate deals (i.e. products with good prices) were posted, that would be one thing, but $20 t-shirts, $20 DOG t-shirts, and $10 waffle mix are just abuses of the forum. It seems unlikely that any real political deals will be posted, so let's just get rid of them and avoid the distraction they bring.

If you really want waffles, you can get five pounds of Bisquick for under $20 shipped here.

At this moment there is a blatantly racist political product being touted as a "hotdeal" on the Hotdeals forum. "Obama Waffles Mix $9.99 a box possibly Keepsake." The "product has a picture of Obama on the front instead of Aunt Jemima! On the lid it has Obama's picture with an Arab like head piece!

The "product" was unveiled at a the Family Research Council Convention, and even the TFRC has banned the "product!"

I think enough is ENOUGH!!!

Fatwallet should jerk these stupid political posts just as fast as they start... no apologies, no debates, no waiting to see how people react...that approach yielded this piece of KKK *hit on the Hotdeals Forum!!

Wake and up and ban this political crap!!

I voted to keep them, but wanted to ad one condition- if the talk goes off topic in any way that even insinuates politics and not the deal itself- then delete it.

I agree that true hot deals should be allowed, and examples like the post above should not. The problem is that it'll end up being a judgement call for the moderator, and these "deals" will almost always get moderated.

On a side note, I've always wondered about the logic of just locking these threads instead of just deleting them entirely, especially the offensive ones like the waffles.

Edit: Corrected speeling.

discusbabe said: I voted to keep them, but wanted to ad one condition- if the talk goes off topic in any way that even insinuates politics and not the deal itself- then delete it.do you mean 'if' or 'when'?

I'm voting to keep this off FW and I have political aspirations..
FWIW, if these type of deals keep getting posted, I would imagine
a massive influx of thread crapping from a candidates support system.

Just my opinion though....


Jim

EDIT: I gave this another moments thought. If a candidate or supporters
want to post here, instead, sell them a banner ad touting their product.
Might as well make some scratch to support the overworked Fatwallet staff...
See? now I sound like a politician..

The Libertarian choice:

Let the market decide.

hychka said: At this moment there is a blatantly racist political product being touted as a "hotdeal" on the Hotdeals forum. "Obama Waffles Mix $9.99 a box possibly Keepsake." The "product has a picture of Obama on the front instead of Aunt Jemima! On the lid it has Obama's picture with an Arab like head piece!

The "product" was unveiled at a the Family Research Council Convention, and even the TFRC has banned the "product!"

I think enough is ENOUGH!!!

Fatwallet should jerk these stupid political posts just as fast as they start... no apologies, no debates, no waiting to see how people react...that approach yielded this piece of KKK *hit on the Hotdeals Forum!!


The irony.

Ron Paul!

Those deals are nothing but SPAM.

tjsynkral said: Let people post what they feel is a hot deal freely, and let the users bury the post with (-) if they disagree that it is a hot deal.

That's not how it works. With the stupid political crap-"deals", people vote green if it's the candidate they support and red if it's the opposing candidate, irrespective of whether the deal is hot or not.

Agreed!

wvtalbot said: If they are an actual deal sure. Too often people post crap up in order to get their message out. Q]

For score and 5000 posts ago our four fathers with one mother said, leave this off HOT DEALS. While there may be a hot deal in 1 of 20 of these things, all they do is invite trouble. If you want controversy, just follow the MSFT thread with it's political star, Father Ted.

Ban em all except when the Playboy issue with Palin in it hits, that'll be a hot deal at any price. Maybe if someone has video of her pagent days too, hmm time to look on Youtube.

Skipping 106 Messages...
Now that the election is over shouldn't things like this be considered patriotic / historical and not political: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/861865/ The deal in question was a site selling t-shirts with McCain's "that one" remark from the second debate.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014