rated:
Sale Of The Day + Shipping
Link

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
has anybody's order shipped ?

EDIT: clairvoyance, I guess. Received shipment notification a little while ago

laidbacklarkin (Sep. 22, 2008 @ 10:35p) |

Received phone today. Am not sure how they could describe it as 'New'. This instrument was designed for Cingular service... (more)

laidbacklarkin (Sep. 27, 2008 @ 9:34p) |

I ordered one of these but am yet to receive anything. I got a mail with a tracking number which, when input in USPS web... (more)

buster29 (Oct. 27, 2008 @ 3:31p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Is this for real? Anyone know these guys..They are at least $60 cheaper than any website. Are they legit?

I have bought couple of small items from them which took 2 weeks to receive but were otherwise ok. Don't know if I can trust them with a cell phone. I have noticed that most of their deals are picked from some other source on the web and then posted as 1daydeals. Think about it

These guys are legit. Have ordered from them before without any issues.

They are similar to Woot, one deal a day.

What do you mean by "some other source on the web"?

this is a great phone i paid $230 when i got it

John McCain invented this.

JesseLivermore said: John McCain invented this.

How did he invent it? i thought Al Gore invented the internet..

Junibutt said: I have bought couple of small items from them which took 2 weeks to receive but were otherwise ok. Don't know if I can trust them with a cell phone. I have noticed that most of their deals are picked from some other source on the web and then posted as 1daydeals. Think about it

Just Use A Credit Card, You Can Always Get Your $ Back From The Credit Card Co.

It's a legit site,
I've bought other stuff from the before with no problem.

Does anyone know if this works on Sprint? Sorry for my ignorance on that and if anyone can direct me to where I can look this up I promise to never ask such a question again. Thanks

mspeter said: Does anyone know if this works on Sprint? Sorry for my ignorance on that and if anyone can direct me to where I can look this up I promise to never ask such a question again. Thanks

No, this won't work on the sprint network. Sprint is a CDMA network, and this phone a GSM phone so it won't work.

GSM is for att and T-Mobile

Really, "Baby Pearl"? It was just the 7130c when I had it years ago. Worked great, though the two letters per key kept me from using it as a full-fledged e-mail device. Magnificent battery life for a smart phone and the clearest voice quality I ever had on a mobile phone. Ended up replacing it with the iPhone because the BB Browser was unusable, though I do miss push e-mail.

Might be a good price. Might be a bad price. But "Baby Pearl" it's not. I've had one, and it's more like an overweight Pearl. It weighs a full ounce more than the 8100 Pearl...

Butcherboy said: GSM is for att and T-Mobile

Will this work with the T-Mobile Sidekick Plan?

XYNZ said: Butcherboy said: GSM is for att and T-Mobile

Will this work with the T-Mobile Sidekick Plan?

Call T-Mobile 611 On Your T-Mobile Phone And Ask.

No data cable, so add $10 + plus your time. You'll need it.

Is this a hot deal? I really hate to bring up the "e-word" but I got one of these for a co-worker on eEbay for ~$45 or $50 from a seller w/ a great reputation. I don't know anything about these types of phones because I still have a crappy krazr...I just handed it straight off, but my co-worker loves it and reports no problems. A quick glance shows many selling for ~$50-$60 currently.

Am I correct that this phone has no camera?

You can get pretty good specs on this phone here. You can also look up the specs on the real pearl there. This one has no memory card slot, and no camera. It also weighs 120g vs. 91g of the 8110/20. For me, the lack of a memory card in a smart phone is a deal breaker.

As far as the site, they are legit, but slow. But it took 3 weeks for me to get the Motorola phone I ordered from them.

Will this work with Verizon? If i want to be able to browse internet and text i would need the data plan right?

Accessories Included

* Travel charger
* USB cable

This is an older GSM high speed Internet technology called EDGE, which maxes out at 200 kilobits/sec.

The AT&T network in some areas is now much higher speed than that using the next version technology called HSPA (HSDPA and HSUPA are versions of HSPA) which has speeds way faster than 1 megabit'sec. But AT&T's network is backward compatible to EDGE, so this phone will still work. Also, AT&T imposes a 5 GB monthly cap on downloads, and appears to enforce it, with penalties for overage. AT&T also has different pricing for Internet use on smartphones (like this Blackberry) and tethered ($50-60/month).

T-Mobile's network is almost all EDGE, and T-Mobile has just announced in the past few months an upgrade (over several years) to HSPA. T-Mobile doesn't have a data cap, doesn't seem to mind a smartphone tethered to a laptop. They are more relaxed because they don't have the coverage or the network like Verizon, AT&T, Sprint.

I've used T-Mobile EDGE quite a bit for my laptop as my primary Internet connection, and have found EDGE slow, especially when I have multiple browsers and multiple browser windows open. EDGE's speed is not enough when shared among all these windows, and some web sites time out. Also, signal strength was rather low most of the time about 30 miles away from a major city (Bsoton, DC).

Check the street-level coverage map from the carrier.

This phone is also GPRS, which is a technology prior to EDGE, which maxes out at around 120 kilobit/sec download speed. EDGE's max 200 kilobit/sec is also a download speed. Upload speeds are around 1/3 the download speed.

I forgot to mention the bad news about HSPA. As far as I know, I haven't seen a device which will work on both AT&T and T-Mobile's HSPA networks, so unlocking an HSPA device may not do anything for you in this case.

This is not the case with EDGE, an EDGE device will work on either company's network depending on the SIM card you put in.

aohus said: Will this work with Verizon? No.

The datacable is just a simple mini-usb. If you don't already have one around the house for your digital camera, you can almost always buy them for ~$2.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4837 ($2.64 shipped including wall wart for power)
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2704 ($1.17 shipped, direct usb-miniusb converter, no cable)

And yes, DealExtreme is way slow, and their stuff is of questionable quality, but it's pretty hard to mess up a usb cable.

I've always thought it was nice that RIM chose to use the standard 5-pin mini-usb connector for both power and data transfer.

Edited: Oops, looks like there's already a cable and power included. I'll leave the above in case somebody wants a spare.

TracyBold9000 said: JesseLivermore said: John McCain invented this.

How did he invent it? i thought Al Gore invented the internet..

Actually, I think Elvis invented it ; )

The ones on eBay for that price are certainly not new..In addition, eBay is not nearly as reliable as a real company.

This phone (brand new) is selling for $69+shipping all the time on eBay.

Saw one brand new on eBay for $69.95 but it is locked to Cingular/At&t. It will cost at least $9.95 plus time to unlock the phone.

Think I'll stick to my pwned 1st gen iPhone

loricariidae said: Really, "Baby Pearl"? Ended up replacing it with the iPhone because the BB Browser was unusable, though I do miss push e-mail.

Setting up PUSH email on your iphone.

numismatist said: No data cable, so add $10 + plus your time. You'll need it.

was about to take the plunge -- but thought I will read a few reviews...
here's one here -- 7310 c review
---
A few missing features irritate me.
The 7130c lacks a camera and MP3 player. And although there's a perfectly decent Web browser, the 7130c doesn't have an IM client. You can download free Google Talk, AIM, Yahoo! Messenger or ICQ clients, but to get MSN or a single multiplatform client you must buy commercial software costing anywhere from $20 to $50
---
I agree its a good price, but I guess I will pass.

I am traveling to Asia (thailand) in November and am going to want a quadband unlocked phone to work with a cheap simcard I can find there; do ya'll think this is a deal to jump on now or should I wait a month and see if prices come down? I dont know if the simcards there also give access to Edge or GPRS -- but if so thats something I'd like too. As an aside, an mp3 player would certainly be nice - but is by no means a necessity. Thanks!

JesseLivermore said: John McCain invented this.

No, I think it was Al Gorey or OBAMA bin laden.

for companies like alltel and verizon that don't have sim cards? is there anyway we can use this phone? or are we forced to by from alltel/verizon stores
any help would be so appreicated

"Baby Pearl" it's not. I've had one, and it's more like an overweight Pearl. It weighs a full ounce more than the 8100 Pearl...

Maybe it's just a heavy Baby.

I have bought a few things from this website- other then SLOW shipping, they're ok it seems. BUt did you see the phone says Cingular? How old is this phone??

Skipping 20 Messages...
I ordered one of these but am yet to receive anything. I got a mail with a tracking number which, when input in USPS website, shows "The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on October 23, 2008 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date."

Am I in trouble?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014