• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
As always, YMMV. Some items are easy to find, some are very hard to find.

Some stores are okay if the item rings at penny, some are not. If you are not sure, use self checkout counter with Spanish option and preferably when the cashier is busy with someone else.

579752 Wireless command plug-in control panel, 016963-600713
316614 Wireless command plug-in lamp converter with alarm, 016963-601215
318417 wireless command remote home remote control, 016963-600508
?????? Giraffe Light Bulb Changing system, 637634-213140
249222 Giraffe Light Bulb Changing system extension kit, 637634-213157
537503 156 Cheyenne glacier 707 USG ceilings panels, 081098-001568
689697 Reusable/removable Patio door mirror, 724164-433244
?????? GE softners/filter, 084691-035657
298974 3 LT Change Rooster Accent Chandelier,
147999 Spot Light, 772775-185199
144377 Track Light, 772775-176111
240540 Price Pifzer 49-MOBK Faucet
542628 Sweeter Bag, 6939496-000055
618389 Suit Bag, 6939496-000048
?????? Perfect Home address Plaque Bronz, 045899321027
404218 Art Deco Hurricane 17", 792977-790977
260791 Bemis Suprime Easy R Toilet seat, 073088-076342
?????? Bemis Toilet Seat Supreme Easy E, 073088-100382
916313 Fluorescent Globe 2 pack promo w/LP, 745972967936
328122 1 LT sconce biscay crackle-le jardin
445200 Innova Magazine Rack, 82758-006339
670067 Keystone Maxx Light bar Luminaite (brown Box)
326765 Web Eliminator 16"x25" Air Filter+virus killer uv-c light
361643 Deluxe Oak 18" Towel Bar (wooden), 71862670007
808695 Melard Lavotery Legs, 71862662293
140206 Springmail Reegan Area Rug, 5'3"x7'6"
348857 Kohler Devonshare 2279-4-0 sink, 40688871264
470239 Kohler Lavotery sink (Devonshire 2279-8-0)
372128 Kohler Lavotery sink (Devonshire 2350-0)
372053 Kohler Lavotery sink (Serif 2824-0)
580413 Kwikset ultramax security door Knob with key
216304 Kwikset maximum security door knob set
525343 Kwikset maximum security Bronze door handle
518761 Pegasus door knob (brown box)
383553 Anderson window screen

Books:
*Decorating Projects 1-2-3, ISBN 978-0-696-23042-4
*Grilling 1-2-3, 014005-232229
*Storage 1-2-3, 014005-222909
*Moving 1-2-3, 014005-229878
Edit by Moderator: Thank you for your participation. Please note that there is also discussion about this topic Here.

New Items added on 09/28/08:
916313 745972-967936 Essential Saving Fluorescent Globe 2 pack promo w/LP
149427 772775-185236 Hamilton Bay Track Light Halogen
?????? 016963605121 Wireless Command Motion Controlled Lighting Kit

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
It does not matter if anyone else got it or not. It's important for you to know if it's penny at your store or not. I go... (more)

hot2004 (Oct. 05, 2008 @ 12:24a) |

Thanks! That's exactly the type of info I was looking for!

timmie88 (Oct. 05, 2008 @ 9:20a) |

hot2004 (Oct. 07, 2008 @ 10:41a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Ha Ha, Spanish option doesn't help in Los Angeles!!

hermosatrout5 said: Ha Ha, Spanish option doesn't help in Los Angeles!!
In Los Angeles, use English.

marpilli said: Another discussion thread here:
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/838035/

There is one more thread also, but none of them are current.

As I posted a big list, it deserve it's own thread. People may miss the deal if I add it at the end of an almost dead thread.

hot2004 said: hermosatrout5 said: Ha Ha, Spanish option doesn't help in Los Angeles!!

Same here in Orlando. I swear, immigrants come pretty darn close to walking the store and begging you for work when they see you purchasing any kind of item requiring physical labor. Not that I mind, but but wow...hahah

hot2004 said: marpilli said: Another discussion thread here:
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/838035/

There is one more thread also, but none of them are current.

As I posted a big list, it deserve it's own thread. People may miss the deal if I add it at the end of an almost dead thread.

Thanks OP, will take a look sometime this week.

Also, there is a Mute/Volume adjustment on the Self Checkout as well if you are unsure whether your HD self checkout cashier is bilingual or not.

ProppaT said:

Same here in Orlando. I swear, immigrants come pretty darn close to walking the store and begging you for work when they see you purchasing any kind of item requiring physical labor. Not that I mind, but but wow...hahah

Orlando? You lead a very sheltered life. Take a look a some census data.

IsoLate said: ProppaT said:

Orlando? You lead a very sheltered life. Take a look a some census data.

Um, census data isn't always accurate when we're talking about people who aren't here legally. There's also a difference between "Orlando" and "Orlando area".

As a Orlando area resident there are pockets/suburban areas that are VERY Hispanic. My very small town (Suburb) has 2 Spanish grocery stores (out of 3 grocery stores total) and 3 Spanish restaurants. Also, my neighbor speaks very little english at all and I would say roughly 1/3 of the population in my subdivision are like this.

Needless to say, using the Spanish option definitely wouldn't help.

JoyOfCoupons said: Um, census data isn't always accurate when we're talking about people who aren't here legally. There's also a difference between "Orlando" and "Orlando area".

As a Olrando area resident there are pockets/suburban areas that are VERY Hispanic. My very small town (Suburb) has 2 Spanish grocery stores (out of 3 grocery stores total) and 3 Spanish restaurants. Also, my neighbor speaks very little english at all and I would say roughly 1/3 of the population in my subdivision are like this.

Needless to say, using the Spanish option definitely wouldn't help.

The inaccurate census data for Orlando isn't even in the same ballpark as LA. So you're saying you've never even driven 3 hours south where you could find Spanish as the ONLY language at a Super WalMart. You have 3 Spanish restaurants in your area so you're telling me that there is a large population of people from Spain in Orlando? 1/3 of your subdivision? Like I said, sheltered. Needless to say, people looking for work in HD are not the people you're trying to hide your .01 purchases from by using the Spanish language. BTW I've lived in both Orlando and LA so no geographic or demographics lessons are necessary.

meltdowne: I've lived in more cites and countries than you've been alive guaranteed, even if you're over 100. You can travel 3 hours south to Miami (where I've lived) and you're looking at the language spoken at home (Spanish by your stats) right at 75%.

Uhh, let's get back on topic folks. Thanks!

Not from Orlando, but yes, there is a large percentage of the population from Spanish Speaking countries (not necessarily Spain - try Mexico and Cuba).

No, you're not trying to hide your purchases from those looking for work, but that was obviously a statement to show that there are plenty of Spanish Speaking people around - and given the number of Spanish Speaking customers, there are likely to be Spanish speaking cashiers nearby.

How about some Quick Census Facts for Orland Look down the page, and you'll see 17.5% of Hispanic or Latino origin. How about 25% speak a language other than English at home. I Bet most of those speak SPANISH at home. The percentage of residents who speak Spanish is probably higher - all those who speak with friends or family, but who don't use it as a primary language.

So who leads the sheltered life?

meltowne said: Not from Orlando, but yes, there is a large percentage of the population from Spanish Speaking countries (not necessarily Spain - try Mexico and Cuba).

No, you're not trying to hide your purchases from those looking for work, but that was obviously a statement to show that there are plenty of Spanish Speaking people around - and given the number of Spanish Speaking customers, there are likely to be Spanish speaking cashiers nearby.

How about some Quick Census Facts for Orland Look down the page, and you'll see 17.5% of Hispanic or Latino origin. How about 25% speak a language other than English at home. I Bet most of those speak SPANISH at home. The percentage of residents who speak Spanish is probably higher - all those who speak with friends or family, but who don't use it as a primary language.

So who leads the sheltered life?

So what part of "get back on topic" is it that you don't understand?

OP, which items is it that you are finding easier to find than others?

I'm new to this. What is YMMV? Am I reading this right, I can go into Home Depot and buy these items for one cent each? What's the catch?

pamelaanddan said: I'm new to this. What is YMMV? Am I reading this right, I can go into Home Depot and buy these items for one cent each? What's the catch?

YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary (i.e. you may or may not get the deal). The catch is actually finding the 1 cent times. Yes, you may purchase them for 1 cent, but stores can give you a hard time about it.

SafetyDance said: OP, which items is it that you are finding easier to find than others?

Some electrical items at every store at Clearance end caps
Sinks at many stores - look for model # on the box at overhead storage area
Books at some stores

Plenty of the following items at atmost all stores at their normal places
542628 Sweeter Bag, 6939496-000055
618389 Suit Bag, 6939496-000048
?????? Perfect Home address Plaque Bronz, 045899321027

SafetyDance said: Yes, you may purchase them for 1 cent, but stores can give you a hard time about it.

How exactly would one go about convincing the store to let you have it at the price? I don't imagine any store would simply hand it over to you for that price.

Chickenkweef said: SafetyDance said: Yes, you may purchase them for 1 cent, but stores can give you a hard time about it.

How exactly would one go about convincing the store to let you have it at the price? I don't imagine any store would simply hand it over to you for that price.

While much of the stuff in this thread is gone: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/838035/ you can find some good information about getting the stuff out the door. Bottom line is....be prepared for a showdown if need be...but don't back down.

i came several times but never get anything with 1 cent

Thanks for taking all the toilet seats out of bronx area
Now I have to stand while I do the doo.

How do you check the inventory for local store? If you ask for the price check and it ring sfor 1 cent, you may not get it...

tommyson30 said: i came several times but never get anything with 1 cent

lol, you mean 'went'?

aphexII said: tommyson30 said: i came several times but never get anything with 1 cent

lol, you mean 'went'?

ROFL

desikid said: How do you check the inventory for local store? If you ask for the price check and it ring sfor 1 cent, you may not get it...

You can not check for inventory at stores. If an item is at the 1 cent price point, the stock is zero'd out to reflect none in the store..even though there is some on the shelves. It is hit or miss.

tommyson30 said: i came several times but never get anything with 1 cent

If you find penny items, don't buy more than 7 on the same transaction to avoid 1 penny sales tax.

I went to two MD stores and found NOTHING on the list, Landsdown and Balto. Nat'l Pike (By the Circuit City) ...Nada and two hours in the store.

Augustheat said: I went to two MD stores and found NOTHING on the list, Landsdown and Balto. Nat'l Pike (By the Circuit City) ...Nada and two hours in the store.

But I betch ya ya had fun now didnt you!!

YankeeRedneck said: Augustheat said: I went to two MD stores and found NOTHING on the list, Landsdown and Balto. Nat'l Pike (By the Circuit City) ...Nada and two hours in the store.

But I betch ya ya had fun now didnt you!!

YES I did and will be doing it again at a differen't store today!

neat, wonder if the the new HD opening (within walking distance ) this week will have have these....

Chickenkweef said: SafetyDance said: Yes, you may purchase them for 1 cent, but stores can give you a hard time about it.

And self checkout is always our friend!!

ProppaT said: hot2004 said: hermosatrout5 said: Ha Ha, Spanish option doesn't help in Los Angeles!!

at least immigrants works for money, some ppl here wait in the parking lot to rob you.

Went last nite near closing time - only was able to find one of the books, all others removed. Self check out worked like a charm!

hot2004 said:
348857 Kohler Devonshare 2279-4-0 sink, 40688871264

I checked out a few Home Depot stores last night and didn't have nearly as much luck finding the 0.01 items as I did last time. Still green for you OP.

I'm in Ohio and this sink rang up as $105 or something like that for me. Oh well.

SafetyDance said: So what part of "get back on topic" is it that you don't understand?
Maybe if you looked at the time stamps you would realize I was typing my reply when the post before mine was posted - duh! But maybe you can't tell time. You are just as much off topic as I was - only the suggestion was obviously posted before you started to reply - so what part of "get back on topic" is it that YOU don't understand?

And actually my post is on topic, in how it relates to YMMV. YMMV because if the cashiers hear your items ringing up for 1 cent, they will come over and refuse to allow you to buy the items. They will use whatever excuse - those items don't belong on the sales floor... they were marked to be removed from inventory...

If you live in an area where the primary language of many residents, and thus possibly many cashiers, is Spanish, changing the self-check machines to Spanish won't prevent the cashiers from understanding the price you're getting. If you want to get these deals in Orlando, or any other similar area, you'll need to find a mute option for the self-check registers.

you have to be joking! these penny deals are history. this is what you call a gas waster. nuff said

I just spent an hour at HD with no success. Couldn't find any of the item numbers. Has anyone had any recent success?

Nope...went to a total of 5 now with NADA...

I've gone to three HD stores and the only thing I have to show for it is a two pack of sweater bags.

Skipping 20 Messages...
j777dragon777j said:

hey hot - how do you generate the barcode for 040688871264

Bar code generator

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014