Free AARP Membership Through Walgreens

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Went to Walgreens today and received a coupon for a free year's membership of AARP (or a one yr extension of an existing membership) for buying ten dollars of Walgreens branded items. We have AARP so we will add a year to ours.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I got it by getting the red gift card. I got another gift card and it didn't work.

PlainGirlJane (Oct. 24, 2008 @ 5:18p) |

It works with the free $25 gift card with prescription transfer deal.

Link

I've had two print out already. It made me a la... (more)

fredEcat (Oct. 25, 2008 @ 9:42a) |

I dont like AARPs politics on some issues, but hey IMO then its best to join by not paying them any money then.

OFFascist (Oct. 26, 2008 @ 12:10a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

yahoo

depends, geratol, and another year

I am not elligible for AARP, but what exactly do they do in general? I read some ugly stories about them while searching.

sensia said: I am not elligible for AARP, but what exactly do they do in general? I read some ugly stories about them while searching.

Would you explain .. ugly here?

Just a heads-up for those who don't know: for 50 and older only

sensia said: I am not elligible for AARP, but what exactly do they do in general? I read some ugly stories about them while searching.

I've received some great rental car deals through them for being a member. More than paid for the membership. It also gave me a free extra driver that most rental car companies charge an extra $8 or so per day.

akronharry said: Went to Walgreens today and received a coupon for a free year's membership of AARP (or a one yr extension of an existing membership) for buying ten dollars of Walgreens branded items. We have AARP so we will add a year to ours.
Is this for today only or the week? Thanks,

wishbone said: akronharry said: Went to Walgreens today and received a coupon for a free year's membership of AARP (or a one yr extension of an existing membership) for buying ten dollars of Walgreens branded items. We have AARP so we will add a year to ours.
Is this for today only or the week? Thanks,

Offer good through 10/25/08 - as per last page of Oct Easysaver catalog.

I bought $24.99 of Walitin today nothing prined out - don't know why. I am <50 but I don't mind free membership - maybe I'll go back and ask the manager.

Note that under 50 can join AARP but may not get full benefits from AARP itself. You can receive any member benefits from 3rd parties such as rental car benefits pointed out by cardman above.

This is an old deal.

squid3 said: This is an old deal.

Ha-Ha. Very funny.

i am in the 35-44 crowd, and have been an aarp member for several years. For fatwallets favorite price (free with no rebate) i would encourage everyone to join. I have numerous times used the aarp rate at hotels, as well as rental cars.

yamv

akronharry said: Went to Walgreens today and received a coupon for a free year's membership of AARP (or a one yr extension of an existing membership) for buying ten dollars of Walgreens branded items. We have AARP so we will add a year to ours.Getting $10 of Walgreens branded items is better than paying $12.50 for a 1-year renewal. Thanks.

Anyone take AARP's online mature driver improvement course to get the auto insurance discount?

poohbie said:

Anyone take AARP's online mature driver improvement course to get the auto insurance discount?

I'll have to let my Mom know about that......

Last year you could buy a Walgreens gift card and the coupon would print out.

Wads said: i am in the 35-44 crowd, and have been an aarp member for several years. For fatwallets favorite price (free with no rebate) i would encourage everyone to join. I have numerous times used the aarp rate at hotels, as well as rental cars.

yamv

There isn't a age minimum to become a member for some of their services. I've been a member for almost 10 years now since I was 21. I was on their motoring plan from the get go and it's about 1/2 the cost of AAA at the time. And like Wads, I have used it to get discounts on travel many times.

Good membership to have, regardless of age.

poohbie said: akronharry said: Went to Walgreens today and received a coupon for a free year's membership of AARP (or a one yr extension of an existing membership) for buying ten dollars of Walgreens branded items. We have AARP so we will add a year to ours.Getting $10 of Walgreens branded items is better than paying $12.50 for a 1-year renewal. Thanks.

Yes, and it's time for me to re-take it to continue to get the discount. You need to do it every two years.

So it is only when you buy Walgreen items right? Please verify.

pamelaanddan said: So it is only when you buy Walgreen items right? Please verify.

for buying ten dollars of Walgreens branded items.

sjziggy said: Last year you could buy a Walgreens gift card and the coupon would print out.

Has anyone tried this for the current promotion?

Note: I've found AARP hotel rates which were lower than AAA rates. Great deal OP!!

jganderson said: poohbie said: akronharry said: Went to Walgreens today and received a coupon for a free year's membership of AARP (or a one yr extension of an existing membership) for buying ten dollars of Walgreens branded items. We have AARP so we will add a year to ours.Getting $10 of Walgreens branded items is better than paying $12.50 for a 1-year renewal. Thanks.

Yes, and it's time for me to re-take it to continue to get the discount. You need to do it every two years.

How much is the discount?

Wads said: i am in the 35-44 crowd, and have been an aarp member for several years. For fatwallets favorite price (free with no rebate) i would encourage everyone to join. I have numerous times used the aarp rate at hotels, as well as rental cars.

yamv

Same here. AARP is definitely geared toward 50 and up, but anyone can join and use the discounts. We'll all be 50 someday (hopefully), so it's never to soon to learn about the issues that we will face when we're older.

thebigo said: jganderson said: poohbie said: akronharry said: Went to Walgreens today and received a coupon for a free year's membership of AARP (or a one yr extension of an existing membership) for buying ten dollars of Walgreens branded items. We have AARP so we will add a year to ours.Getting $10 of Walgreens branded items is better than paying $12.50 for a 1-year renewal. Thanks.

How much is the discount?

You'll need to check with your insurance carrier for that. Not all insurance cos. will give a discount (and I think even that varies by state). I'm with Farmers, and they do. I think the AARP website had it listed somewhere along with the information about the program.

aarp driver safety insurance discounts

general info on the program -- includes link to online course and finding an on-site course near you.

What if I'm retired at 30, not yet but I hope to be... Or maybe just unemployed, call it what you like....Can I join then?

Just steer clear of their savings accounts.

Thats what the coupon stated. ....ten dollars for their branded items.

No idea if it was for a day or not. Read the coupon when I got home and was putting away the receipt.

You get a nice magazine with full page add for polyester knit pants, slip on velcro shoes and read interesting articles on incontinence and prostate health.

And if you believe in the second amendment then the AARP is not for you. They are anti-gun.

From the FAQ's

Q: What if I am too young to join as a full member of AARP?
A: For those under 50 who support the association's goals and objectives, we offer an associate membership. Once an individual celebrates a 50th birthday, the associate member automatically becomes a full member, receives a membership card, and can take advantage of all of our benefits and services.

I do not think there is any check of the age claimed when someone applies for membership.

tsanju said: sensia said: I am not elligible for AARP, but what exactly do they do in general? I read some ugly stories about them while searching.

The AARP is an extreme left wing organization that makes even main stream Democrats look like conservatives. In many ways, they are identical to Move-On.org. If you agree with their positions, it's the perfect place for you. I personally choose not to support organizations that are so far out of the main stream. (I don't support the right wing lunatics either)

AARP membership is definitely worth it. There are all sorts of benefits options for members, including health care.

duckbacker said: The AARP is an extreme left wing organization that makes even main stream Democrats look like conservatives.But they supported the Bush Regime's Prescription Scam, uhhh, plan.

I joined AARP and was kind of surprised at the amount of junk mail I received that was obviously the result of them selling my name. Just something to be aware of.

I guess if I show an AARP member card when buying booze they won't ask me again about my age.

duckbacker said: tsanju said: sensia said: I am not elligible for AARP, but what exactly do they do in general? I read some ugly stories about them while searching.

The AARP is an extreme left wing organization that makes even main stream Democrats look like conservatives. In many ways, they are identical to Move-On.org. If you agree with their positions, it's the perfect place for you. I personally choose not to support organizations that are so far out of the main stream. (I don't support the right wing lunatics either)

duckbacker. . . . You're hilarious! Are you from Alabama by any chance? Wait, I know, Texas! LOL. . . .

duckbacker said: The AARP is an extreme left wing organization that makes even main stream Democrats look like conservatives. In many ways, they are identical to Move-On.org. If you agree with their positions, it's the perfect place for you. I personally choose not to support organizations that are so far out of the main stream. (I don't support the right wing lunatics either)This is so wrong, it's almost funny. AARP has been tacitly conservatives for many years (come-on, they represent a traditionally conservative voting block).

As others have mentioned, if it wasn't for AARP, mobilizing the troops we wouldn't have the silly Bush Prescription Plan and their lack of action killed the Clinton's attempt at a basic form of universal health insurance.

They are hardly an "extreme left wing organization".

jaimelobo said: duckbacker said: The AARP is an extreme left wing organization that makes even main stream Democrats look like conservatives. In many ways, they are identical to Move-On.org. If you agree with their positions, it's the perfect place for you. I personally choose not to support organizations that are so far out of the main stream. (I don't support the right wing lunatics either)This is so wrong, it's almost funny. AARP has been tacitly conservatives for many years (come-on, they represent a traditionally conservative voting block).

As others have mentioned, if it wasn't for AARP, mobilizing the troops we wouldn't have the silly Bush Prescription Plan and their lack of action killed the Clinton's attempt at a basic form of universal health insurance.

Wake up sleeping one, it takes no less then 30 seconds with your mad google skills to find out the this is not your grandpa's aarp

Am I reading the wrong forum?
I thought this was Hot Deals, not Political Hogwash Threadcrapping.

cholula said: jaimelobo said: duckbacker said: The AARP is an extreme left wing organization that makes even main stream Democrats look like conservatives. In many ways, they are identical to Move-On.org. If you agree with their positions, it's the perfect place for you. I personally choose not to support organizations that are so far out of the main stream. (I don't support the right wing lunatics either)This is so wrong, it's almost funny. AARP has been tacitly conservatives for many years (come-on, they represent a traditionally conservative voting block).

Wake up sleeping one, it takes no less then 30 seconds with your mad google skills to find out the this is not your grandpa's aarp
Apparently, google is hard for you (or maybe you just forgot the link)

The simple fact is AARP supported the Bush and the Repubs in creating the prescription plan, and in the process, dissappointed many Dems.

Skipping 16 Messages...
I dont like AARPs politics on some issues, but hey IMO then its best to join by not paying them any money then.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014