• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Prices vary depending on sellers and options. Remember the 30% off is only good for "Buy It Now" item.

I purchased it for $470 - $140 (30% off from MS Live) = $330 shipped

eeepc 1000H:
- Atom CPU 1.6
- Bluetooth, wifi b/g/n
- 1.3 MP webcam
- 10" screen
- Multitouch pad
- WinXP Home
- 1 GB memory
- 80 GB HDD
- 6 cell battery, I get about 5 hrs

160GB HDD version is $20 more.

Steps:
1. go to www.live.com, create an account if you haven't already done it
2. click on "Live Search" link at upper left corner
2. search for "cheap wii"
3. click on the eBay link with a gold $ coin symbol, if you don't see it, search for something else
4. you should see the 30% at the top off eBay website
5. at eBay page, search for "eeepc 1000h"
6. click on the item with "Buy It Now" option
7. select PayPal payment method, it states you can receive 30% off
8. pay with PayPal

MAKE SURE YOU SEE A 30% off discount (roughly $141, give or take) before confirm payment.
Edit by Moderator: Thank you for your participation. Please note that there is also discussion about this topic Here.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
All you have to do is search for say 'ipod' then click on the link to eBay. Then just do a new search within eBay for a... (more)

Beersy (Oct. 16, 2008 @ 3:57p) |

Do people really find it worth it to pay $35 more after CashBack for 802.11n and Bluetooth? You can just get the 1000HA ... (more)

Reikon (Oct. 16, 2008 @ 7:03p) |

Those who tried to use MS CashBack on eBay and still applied eBay or Paypal coupon (or ask sellers for partial discount)... (more)

dpjr (Nov. 18, 2008 @ 7:17a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Why all the reds? Is it because you don't want to share the saving with other? Or is it too much work to save $140?

I don't think you can still use the MS Live discount, at least not 30%.
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Its because there's a thread for Live Search CashBack already. And if you go around listing everything deal with 30% off, well, technically you can have a thread for every single item in eBay.

That's why its red. Potential for seriously crap load of threads when 1 thread would do.

However, since I don't follow the other official Live Search CashBack thread, I did appreciate the 30% off "repost" earlier (that's since been locked). But I guess I'm being hypocrite now. Oh well.


Money5555 said: Why all the reds? Is it because you don't want to share the saving with other? Or is it too much work to save $140?

Green because the 30% could end any time and I didn't think about using it for a notebook.

Ghatid said: I don't think you can still use the MS Live discount, at least not 30%.
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.


30% is still valid.

green from me for this...i was thinking of ordering one of these netbooks anyhow.

clearanceman said: Green because the 30% could end any time and I didn't think about using it for a notebook.

I did.....plus a ton of other stuff last night and today Only thing here is..don't settle for the 80gb model....I got a 160gb version for about $20 more

I got in on an 1000H last time around. Paid $599 from Mwave.com, but had a 10% paypal coupon and 25% MS CB. So I think I came in right around $400. But yeah, this is a super nice deal.

1000H - not really my idea of an everyday computer, but it's kinda cool and neat.

This looks like a terrific deal. Anyone been successful with this MS Live business? Any catches?

This should work for the Dell Mini 9 as well then.

Gee why not make a thread for every BIN item on eBay.....RED!! and in before lock.

well, I just brought mine, hope I will get the Cash Back...at the confirmed page...there were the 30% CashBack logo..so I guess I will get it back from MS CB right? kinda new at this MS CB thing, just wanna make sure I get the Cash Back or esle I will shoot myself...hihi for paying too much.

amheck said: I got in on an 1000H last time around. Paid $599 from Mwave.com, but had a 10% paypal coupon and 25% MS CB. So I think I came in right around $400. But yeah, this is a super nice deal.

1000H - not really my idea of an everyday computer, but it's kinda cool and neat.


I purchased the same laptop from Mwave through eBay a little over 2 months and cashed out my $120 Live last week. This new deal is hard to pass up, thus I bought another.

Thanks OP bough one also. CA tax hit me hard. But still a good deal

AWESOME DEAL!.

thanks OP.

I got one for $489-$143
= ~$346

I just sold my S10 yesterday for a $40 profit. because of it have smaller battery, smaller HD, no BT.
but I like the build quality and design of it though.

this is a hot deal!


BTW: I never used live CashBack before and I went thorough all the steps and got the discount.
how would I go about getting my live Cash Back and how long does it takes to clear?

geniv said: AWESOME DEAL!.

thanks OP.

I got one for $489-$143
= ~$346

I just sold my S10 yesterday for a $40 profit. because of it have smaller battery, smaller HD, no BT.
but I like the build quality and design of it though.

this is a hot deal!


BTW: I never used live CashBack before and I went thorough all the steps and got the discount.
how would I go about getting my live Cash Back and how long does it takes to clear?


Youre Welcome

Got it figured out Thanks OP been waiting for this Thanks

This is how I got mine last month. Great deal!

how many times can u buy stuff with the 30% CashBack?

because I'm interesteding in geting another item. (not the same thing) a PDA.

I hear that MS can denied your $ if they think you are abusing it....

I don't want to end up paying full price for my 2nd purchase.

geniv said: how many times can u buy stuff with the 30% CashBack?

because I'm interesteding in geting another item. (not the same thing) a PDA.

I hear that MS can denied your $ if they think you are abusing it....

I don't want to end up paying full price for my 2nd purchase.


You can get the detail here. I think the max is 6 sessions. Since the PDA will be your 2nd purchase, I don't think you'll have issue.

ok I just place 2 separate buy it now
for the patirot 32gig SSD.

will they see that as a problem? I hope they are smart enough to know that I am using both for a Raid setup and not resell.

Green from me because I had forgotten about the CashBack deal (never used it yet), and just decided on this netbook yesterday. Specs look like the best netbook for my uses.

What's with boiwithnolife going down the list and giving everyone red? too poor to buy one of his/her own and jealous?

paid for $450 for this last week from ZipZoomfly.com and received it yesterday. Extremely happy with size, battery life, and even performance. No regrets here. Was about to pull the trigger on the Lenovo S10, glad I didn't. Keyboard is 93% on this, which is great compared to other netbooks. Agree with everyone else about the poor placement of the right shift key.

bnbhoha said: paid for $450 for this last week from ZipZoomfly.com and received it yesterday. Extremely happy with size, battery life, and even performance. No regrets here. Was about to pull the trigger on the Lenovo S10, glad I didn't. Keyboard is 93% on this, which is great compared to other netbooks. Agree with everyone else about the poor placement of the right shift key.

same thing thing with shift key on the leveno s10. also this the s10 don't have a cntrl key on the R side... this one does.

it seems the Linux version is almost $100 less than the XP... not sure if it is worth the trouble putting XP on it on my own.

rootbeer13 said: it seems the Linux version is almost $100 less than the XP... not sure if it is worth the trouble putting XP on it on my own.

Warning..the Linux version that is 1000HD does NOT have the ATOM N270 inside. Instead it has the older celeron chip which is inferior to the ATOM chip. It it NOT worth it to save money on that model IMO.

bnbhoha said: paid for $450 for this last week from ZipZoomfly.com and received it yesterday. Extremely happy with size, battery life, and even performance. No regrets here. Was about to pull the trigger on the Lenovo S10, glad I didn't. Keyboard is 93% on this, which is great compared to other netbooks. Agree with everyone else about the poor placement of the right shift key.

I got one from ZZF too but am regretting it because of the tax I had to pay I have an MSI Wind on the way too so I'm debating which one I should hold onto. I hear ppl like the Wind aesthetically and ergonomically but that upgrading the ram/HD voids the warranty Ugh, stuck between a rock and a hard place now. The 1000H arrived yesterday and is just sitting there WAITING to be opened (there's a stupid seal I have to break to open it). Returns incur a 15% restocking fee, so I'd most likely need to just eBay this thing. UGHH!! What a pain...

any idea how long it takes for CashBack from eBay to show up in your account?

thelast said: any idea how long it takes for CashBack from eBay to show up in your account?


usually takes a day or two. mine showed up overnight. it's not immediate.

thanks..i found out. there couple other things one needs todo.

https://cashbackaccount.search.live.com/CashBack/FAQ.aspx#faq13

remember to update the alc269 realtek audio driver. My 1000h speakers weren't loud at all until I did and I also turned up the eq to the fullest setting. Now it's pretty loud. google alc269 driver. My version is 5.10.0.5680 click on the realtek icon on tray and then click on the I on the left hand corner to see your driver number. good luck

jplee3 said: bnbhoha said: paid for $450 for this last week from ZipZoomfly.com and received it yesterday. Extremely happy with size, battery life, and even performance. No regrets here. Was about to pull the trigger on the Lenovo S10, glad I didn't. Keyboard is 93% on this, which is great compared to other netbooks. Agree with everyone else about the poor placement of the right shift key.

I got one from ZZF too but am regretting it because of the tax I had to pay I have an MSI Wind on the way too so I'm debating which one I should hold onto. I hear ppl like the Wind aesthetically and ergonomically but that upgrading the ram/HD voids the warranty Ugh, stuck between a rock and a hard place now. The 1000H arrived yesterday and is just sitting there WAITING to be opened (there's a stupid seal I have to break to open it). Returns incur a 15% restocking fee, so I'd most likely need to just eBay this thing. UGHH!! What a pain...


I got in the ZZF deal, too...which sucks. Their restocking fee is horrible considering they charge you 15% of purchase price even if you refuse shipment. Could've saved almost $150 using Live CB, oh well. For those that ordered through ZZF, did you have to sign for the package?

I bought EEEPC1000H 160GB yesterday with 30% Cash Back for $479,getting $143.70 back which is already showing up in my live CashBack account and they were shipping same day.I like to warn potential buyers of this netbook that there two other versions of this model.One is 1000HA which does not have blue tooth only LAN and WLAN and the other is 1000HD which has celeron 900mhz processor and 80GB hd

I got my 1000H today. it is NOTICEABLY larger and thicker than the Lenovo S10. I don't have it side to side to compare since I sold the S10 already.

the 1000h have better hardware but it is bigger and thicker. and doesn't look as nice and slick as the S10.

going to sell my 1000h for a little profit. (wish I have kept my S10 but I don't need an extra laptop right now as I already got a 1330xps already)

I'll just wait until a S10 that have 6 cell battery and Bluetooth to come out then I'll get the S10 again. hopefully prices will drop alot by then

FYI, there is an excellent forum over at eeeusers

I love this netbook, fits all my needs (browsing, video web chat, VOIP, hulu, YouTube, Netflix, Pandora, etc) without choking. It also connects at 1920 x 1080 to my 42" 1080p Westy. Plus, battery life for me averages out to 5 hours with Vista Power Management and Super Hybrid Engine. $336 after MS Live Cash Back is a steal.

bnbhoha said: remember to update the alc269 realtek audio driver. My 1000h speakers weren't loud at all until I did and I also turned up the eq to the fullest setting. Now it's pretty loud. google alc269 driver. My version is 5.10.0.5680 click on the realtek icon on tray and then click on the I on the left hand corner to see your driver number. good luck
My version is 5.10.0.5708

The deal is gone? I can't see it with the 30% off.

Skipping 7 Messages...
Those who tried to use MS CashBack on eBay and still applied eBay or Paypal coupon (or ask sellers for partial discount) will take a BIG RISK. According to MS CashBack policy (section 14 or 17), the CashBack will be invalid when applied to coupon or discount items. I know someone who received an email from MS and was told that the payment was invalid when they tried to cash after 60 days. Good luck.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.