• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
This portable icemaker is on clearance at Target B&M for $34.98.

Picked one up today in Roanoke, VA. There were about 20 of them on the shelf.

Works very quietly so far, and puts the ice out pretty quick.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Charlottesville, VA finally marked them down to $34.98. Have it hooked up now and will go downstairs in an hour or so a... (more)

shopliftinginva (Oct. 22, 2008 @ 7:06p) |

Just picked up two at Landover, MD (DC Suburb) Target; the price just dropped there last night. There were at least 15 ... (more)

wortef6 (Oct. 24, 2008 @ 7:56a) |

Of course, this week, all the NJ stores have lowered the price to $34.98, but every store in the Northern 2/3 of NJ is s... (more)

zhelder (Oct. 24, 2008 @ 7:49p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary

how is the ice though? I've thought about getting a portable machine, but most reviews I've seen say the ice isn't really frozen, more slushy.

It makes 3 different sizes. They're sorta tube shaped and partially hollow. It's definitely frozen.

The small size cubes look just like the cubes in this picture.

mandapoo said: It makes 3 different sizes. They're sorta tube shaped and partially hollow. It's definitely frozen. thanks for the info. I'm going see if they have one at mine tomorrow.

where are the ice makers located at?

I would like to get this as well. I'm thinking it would be good for entertaining and for packing a small cooler full of ice. btw op can you tell me how much it can put out at once and how long it takes. tia

Hmmm, It was in the seasonal section, near the Halloween stuff. There were 3 long rows of them.

9 cubes/10 minutes.

i can't make it to target until tomorrow after class (around 8 pm). i hope there is one left. i have wanted one of these for a long time.

Op, you need to put YMMV in your title. Not every Target has them on clearance at this price since Target clearance items are marked down on a store by store basis.

darbert said: where are the ice makers located at?The 2 Targets where I live have them on an aisle endcap near the rest of the appliances.

For those of you whom got this - can you post the power consumption, if listed in the documentation? How many amps does this thing draw?

Thanks!

ok this is def ymmv. I just got back from target with no ice maker. Although, several other appliances were on sale. toaster ovens, blenders, coffee makers, and a bunch of other stuff which might be worth checking out. It seems as though they're clearing out alot of the appliances.

STUPID TARGET! Desperately need one of these things, but refuse to pay $200 (or even $100) for one.

Checked the online inventory. Drove to the one store that showed availability in Edgewater, NJ. Nothing.

Went to customer service. She printed out a list of stores that allegedly had stock.

Spent the next 30 minutes calling stores. Not one had the thing.

Gave up, went into my car, and checked my navi to see if any other stores were within a reasonable distance. Got the number to the Clarkstown store at Palisades Center Mall in West Nyack, NY.

Called them, and they said, "Oh yeah, the one on clearance? We have one."

I begged the woman to hold it for me, she said she couldn't, but would try to hide it.

ZIP! 25 miles up the Palisades Parkway from Edgewater, NJ to Palisades Center.

Get in the store. Ask for the woman I talked to. She says, "Oh yeah, we have 3."

She tells me where they are, I see all 3. They're marked $97.98. I take it to customer service. They scan it. $97.98. BFD.

I reiterate, STUPID TARGET! I never was a big Target fan, but this ensured I won't be for a while longer.

all these are junk, don't last very long

pete777 said: all these are junk, don't last very long

Emerson anything is all junk.

Nothing wrong with Target. The problem is posting each highly YMMV Target clearance item in it's own thread with no explaination of the Target clearance process or warnings as to how hard it usually is to actually find these items at 75% off.
zhelder said: STUPID TARGET! Desperately need one of these things, but refuse to pay $200 (or even $100) for one.

Checked the online inventory. Drove to the one store that showed availability in Edgewater, NJ. Nothing.

Went to customer service. She printed out a list of stores that allegedly had stock.

Spent the next 30 minutes calling stores. Not one had the thing.

Gave up, went into my car, and checked my navi to see if any other stores were within a reasonable distance. Got the number to the Clarkstown store at Palisades Center Mall in West Nyack, NY.

Called them, and they said, "Oh yeah, the one on clearance? We have one."

I begged the woman to hold it for me, she said she couldn't, but would try to hide it.

ZIP! 25 miles up the Palisades Parkway from Edgewater, NJ to Palisades Center.

Get in the store. Ask for the woman I talked to. She says, "Oh yeah, we have 3."

She tells me where they are, I see all 3. They're marked $97.98. I take it to customer service. They scan it. $97.98. BFD.

I reiterate, STUPID TARGET! I never was a big Target fan, but this ensured I won't be for a while longer.

Royersford, PA is still at 50% off

It was $64.98 in Charlottesville VA

Anyone know the ASIN number for it?

ETA - Nevermind, I found it.

OK, I'm a bit calmer today than last week. After calling virtually every Target in the northern half of NJ, I found two stores that had these available for $69.98: East Hanover and South Plainfield. The other stores still wanted $97.98, or were out of stock. I went to the East Hanover store, and they had about eight units on the shelf. S. Plainfield also told me they had about 8 units. $70 is a lot more than $35, but it's still a very good price for an item like this. I bought one, figuring the odds of finding another unit for this price in the next year or so would be slim. I think I'm going to leave it closed for a few weeks, just in case the price comes down more (not likely).

Also managed to get an Oster 3072 10 cup digital rice cooker/steamer for $29.98. They had about 7 or 8 of these as well.

Casselberry, FL still has these at about $70 too...

zhelder said: OK, I'm a bit calmer today than last week. After calling virtually every Target in the northern half of NJ, I found two stores that had these available for $69.98: East Hanover and South Plainfield. The other stores still wanted $97.98, or were out of stock. I went to the East Hanover store, and they had about eight units on the shelf. S. Plainfield also told me they had about 8 units. $70 is a lot more than $35, but it's still a very good price for an item like this. I bought one, figuring the odds of finding another unit for this price in the next year or so would be slim. I think I'm going to leave it closed for a few weeks, just in case the price comes down more (not likely).

Also managed to get an Oster 3072 10 cup digital rice cooker/steamer for $29.98. They had about 7 or 8 of these as well.

You won't be able to get Target to match the price once it goes lower. They will take it back and tell you that it will get put back on the shelf when someone gets around to it. By then, one of the noobs will have snatched it up.

Found these at $69.XX at my Target store...they had 7. Not know what category these are listed as, I was wondering what day of the week these should be lowered again? Really could use one...TIA

Charlottesville, VA finally marked them down to $34.98. Have it hooked up now and will go downstairs in an hour or so and test the ice. Thanks OP. Hopefully it will serve my needs.

Just picked up two at Landover, MD (DC Suburb) Target; the price just dropped there last night. There were at least 15 more on the shelves at $34.98 at closing on Thursday night. Couldn't find any at Lanham MD.

Of course, this week, all the NJ stores have lowered the price to $34.98, but every store in the Northern 2/3 of NJ is sold out. (Lousy lurkers & Ebayers!) What day of the week does Target usually lower the prices? I bought my unit last Saturday for $69.98. Do they change prices on Sundays or does it vary? If they changed on Sunday, I'd be more annoyed, because I could've gone back easily, during the week, that wouldn't have been as easy for me.

I was hoping to find one store that would have one so I could buy that and exchange my $69.98 unit, but no dice. East Hanover had 7 or 8 of these last Sat., and I went back today and they were gone.

And Suezyque, you were right. They would not let me return and rebuy. They said they would return it to the manufacturer.(?) This is ridiculous. Target's "inventory checker" online and in store is also worthless. I can't count how many times I was told, "Oh yeah, this store has 4, or 7, or 10" and then I immediately called that store and they said they were sold out. Why have an inventory checker if it doesn't work?

So, I'm pretty annoyed, but the item is worth $70 to me, so I'm going to hang on to it, especially since it's something I really need, and I doubt I'll be able to get another machine for anywhere near $70 anytime soon. But I wouldn't go through this again for another item that I didn't need as badly.

I am planning to call and kvetch, primarily about the inventory checker. Maybe I'll get something out of it!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014