• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Enjoy - See Coupon for Details!!

or... Here's the details:
Offer not valid in AR, ND, NJ, NY and Puerto Rico. This discount is not insurance. This coupon is non-transferrable. Receive a $25 Walgreens Gift Card when you purchase a transferred prescription (except from another Walgreens). Gift Card can be used toward any purchase in the store except mandatory insurance co-pays, liquor, tobacco, dairy, stamps, phone and other gift cards as restricted by law. If the purchase is less than the card value, the balance will remain on your card to use later; no change will be given. See back of card for more details. Coupon must accompany purchase. Limit one Gift Card offer per customer, per transaction. NOT VALID WITH MEDICAID, MEDICARE, OR ANY OTHER GOVERNMENTAL PROGRAMS OR WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Cannot be combined with any other prescription offer. Offer valid in participating greater metropolitan area stores only. Coupon expires 1/10/09.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
OOps, posted twice

Reddog300 (Nov. 30, 2008 @ 4:38p) |

Room for error? What kind of pharmacy do you work for that your error percentage goes up with transfers? What would conf... (more)

yacheapbastard (Nov. 30, 2008 @ 4:57p) |

Not a problem. Tell you what. I'll come to your pharmacy, fill on average 4 prescriptions a month. You give me my med... (more)

BigDfromWA (Nov. 30, 2008 @ 11:10p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

excellent CPLD! Walgreen's rarely offer this! Nice to use on the Easy Saver stuff.

Thanks op!

i received a similar coupon from CVS. they had a $25 coupon and it will print $10 for OCT and $10 for NOV when i go back for prescriptions. Wonder if they did a price match? so i transferred from walgreens to CVS. and last month CVS had a $30 coupon for transferring. well sorry to deviate from the walgreens topic. If walgreens is giving the same kind i'm goin to play the game

O.K. I'm new to transfers, if I transfer a script from Rite Aid to Walgreens can I then transfer the same script back to Rite Aid next month to take advantage of their offer? Essentially, can you just rotate a given script for a frequent med through the pharmacies for the promotions, or does the transfer have to be something they have not filled before?

Wash and repeat as often as you like - I've never had problems bouncing back and forth between Walgreens and CVS.

FullTimeDad said: O.K. I'm new to transfers, if I transfer a script from Rite Aid to Walgreens can I then transfer the same script back to Rite Aid next month to take advantage of their offer? Essentially, can you just rotate a given script for a frequent med through the pharmacies for the promotions, or does the transfer have to be something they have not filled before?

anything out there for new prescriptions?

The Rite Aid coupons say you can only use them every 6 months. However, I've only had a problem with that a couple of times...depends on the cashier, and if she remembers me. I've been "washing and repeating" several prescriptions for about 2 years, and I've gotten a nice stack of gift cards in the process.

sherry7 said: The Rite Aid coupons say you can only use them every 6 months. However, I've only had a problem with that a couple of times...depends on the cashier, and if she remembers me. I've been "washing and repeating" several prescriptions for about 2 years, and I've gotten a nice stack of gift cards in the process.

sorry Sherry, Rite Aid just had up to 4 Gift Cards per person for transferring RX's at once (up to 4 RX's). They still have those coupons in the store and their may be a link around. think the link expired 9/30, but the instore one are good to 11/30 (I THINK), not certain.

MISTERCHEAP said: sherry7 said: The Rite Aid coupons say you can only use them every 6 months. However, I've only had a problem with that a couple of times...depends on the cashier, and if she remembers me. I've been "washing and repeating" several prescriptions for about 2 years, and I've gotten a nice stack of gift cards in the process.

sorry Sherry, Rite Aid just had up to 4 Gift Cards per person for transferring RX's at once (up to 4 RX's). They still have those coupons in the store and their may be a link around. think the link expired 9/30, but the instore one are good to 11/30 (I THINK), not certain.


I did have that coupon Mr. C. But didn't it still have the "6 month" clause on it? Because I took in 4 prescriptions at once and tried to use it, and was denied because the same prescriptions had been transferred a couple of months prior. Of course, like many FW deals, YMMV.

getmahesh said: i received a similar coupon from CVS. they had a $25 coupon and it will print $10 for OCT and $10 for NOV when i go back for prescriptions. Wonder if they did a price match? so i transferred from walgreens to CVS. and last month CVS had a $30 coupon for transferring. well sorry to deviate from the walgreens topic. If walgreens is giving the same kind i'm goin to play the game Most CVS Pharmacies will PM Prescription Transfer Rewards. I know that Rite Aid had a pamphlet with 4 $30 transfer coupons in them that are good for a couple of months (also they usually have them in the weekly circular). Walgreens does NOT PM these transfer rewards (at least not near me) and I've only ever received one of these coupons from Walgreens as a direct-mail offer, never one with unlimited uses!

The wash & repeat transfer process works like a charm. On one of my Rx's I only pay $10 deductible and I get my Rx and a $30 gift card! Then use the gift cards on CVS/Walgreens/Rite Aid deals!


sherry7 said: MISTERCHEAP said: sherry7 said: The Rite Aid coupons say you can only use them every 6 months. However, I've only had a problem with that a couple of times...depends on the cashier, and if she remembers me. I've been "washing and repeating" several prescriptions for about 2 years, and I've gotten a nice stack of gift cards in the process.

sorry Sherry, Rite Aid just had up to 4 Gift Cards per person for transferring RX's at once (up to 4 RX's). They still have those coupons in the store and their may be a link around. think the link expired 9/30, but the instore one are good to 11/30 (I THINK), not certain.


I did have that coupon Mr. C. But didn't it still have the "6 month" clause on it? Because I took in 4 prescriptions at once and tried to use it, and was denied because the same prescriptions had been transferred a couple of months prior. Of course, like many FW deals, YMMV.


no, actually the 4 offer did NOT have the six month clause. Only the ones that ran in the summer for just ONE RX transfer did.

MISTERCHEAP said: sherry7 said: MISTERCHEAP said: sherry7 said: The Rite Aid coupons say you can only use them every 6 months. However, I've only had a problem with that a couple of times...depends on the cashier, and if she remembers me. I've been "washing and repeating" several prescriptions for about 2 years, and I've gotten a nice stack of gift cards in the process.

sorry Sherry, Rite Aid just had up to 4 Gift Cards per person for transferring RX's at once (up to 4 RX's). They still have those coupons in the store and their may be a link around. think the link expired 9/30, but the instore one are good to 11/30 (I THINK), not certain.


I did have that coupon Mr. C. But didn't it still have the "6 month" clause on it? Because I took in 4 prescriptions at once and tried to use it, and was denied because the same prescriptions had been transferred a couple of months prior. Of course, like many FW deals, YMMV.


no, actually the 4 offer did NOT have the six month clause. Only the ones that ran in the summer for just ONE RX transfer did.


Oh dang, I didn't notice that, probably because I'm so used to seeing it. I'll have to look around and see if I still have any left. Thanks, Mr. C.

Thanks

I transfer prescriptions as often as I can. Just transferred 2 of the 5 we have each month from a local pharmacy to Kroger's with the Kroger's transfer coupon for $20 for each prescription transfer up to $60 (I have 1 more to transfer)and then at the end of this month will transfer them (have a total of 5 monthly) to Walgreen's. For Nov, I will get another Kroger's coupon and then transfer them back to Walgreens using this coupon! I use Walgreen's gift cards to buy gas gift cards (Shell) so that helps with gas purchases.

babswhyit said: I use Walgreen's gift cards to buy gas gift cards (Shell) so that helps with gas purchases.

Tell us how. "Gift Card can be used toward any purchase in the store except .... other gift cards as restricted by law."

FYI - Walgreens should price match the $4 generic prescriptions at WalMart and $5 generic prescriptions at HEB. I go to CVS because it is right by my house.. It takes a few minutes for them to check the list for my script and then PM.. but it's still easier than going to WalMart and/or HEB! Walgreens does the same thing with PM'ing.. Thanks for the heads up - I will transfer my scripts to Walgreens to get the $25 GC.. then wait for the next deal and transfer there.


semi138 said: FYI - Walgreens should price match the $4 generic prescriptions at WalMart and $5 generic prescriptions at HEB. I go to CVS because it is right by my house.. It takes a few minutes for them to check the list for my script and then PM.. but it's still easier than going to WalMart and/or HEB! Walgreens does the same thing with PM'ing.. Thanks for the heads up - I will transfer my scripts to Walgreens to get the $25 GC.. then wait for the next deal and transfer there.



For those of you pming. I have my Dr. write 90 day scripts. Kmart does a lot of generics $10 for 90 days. No insurance needed. Last month I did 7 transfers to RiteAid on the $30 deal (4 at one R/A, three others at another). My total out of pocket was $70 (not all were generics), and I got $210 in GC's. I'm going to check out the Wags thing now. I can only do my insurance scripts once every 90 days, but on the generics, as long as they'll pay me to fill them, I may end up with a bit of a backlog.

I work in the pharmacy at a walgreens and we have brought that up many of times. We are told to push our savings card.

Just some fyi things on the transfer. You have to make sure you have refills. It varies store to store but many of them will not give you credit if it doesn't have refills.

Some one asked before about new scripts being free, I am in the Tampa West District in Florida and we are running flu shots this year. Only other area i know of doing it this year is in Colorado. If you get a flu shot in my district you get a $25 "transfer" check but it can be used for new scripts. We also give people a 15% off coupon to get people to stay in the store to make sure they do not have a reaction to the shot. The coupon doesn't work on Rx, milk, alcohol, or smokes like most of our coupons.

I can not say for sure other districts so it is worth checking out. If you guys want i can get my hands of both coupons tomorrow and try and make a scan.

I know here in NY, where most every coupon is invalid if you transfer your Rx between any pharmacies, your refills disappear. I did it twice and my Doctor actually asked me why I was burning thry refills at such a high rate...our prescription laws here in NY are very different than most other states.

BigDfromWA said:
For those of you pming. I have my Dr. write 90 day scripts. Kmart does a lot of generics $10 for 90 days. No insurance needed. Last month I did 7 transfers to RiteAid on the $30 deal (4 at one R/A, three others at another). My total out of pocket was $70 (not all were generics), and I got $210 in GC's. I'm going to check out the Wags thing now. I can only do my insurance scripts once every 90 days, but on the generics, as long as they'll pay me to fill them, I may end up with a bit of a backlog.


Thanks for the tip! I need all the help I can get when it comes to prescription costs. I have health insurance but I am a chronic migraine sufferer and use both preventatives and abortives.. and all of it adds up. So any help I can get with the costs, I jump on. (Especially since one of my medications doesn't come in generic form yet.. with insurance, I am still paying almost $9/pill).

Breakz0 said: I work in the pharmacy at a walgreens and we have brought that up many of times. We are told to push our savings card.

Just some fyi things on the transfer. You have to make sure you have refills. It varies store to store but many of them will not give you credit if it doesn't have refills.

Some one asked before about new scripts being free, I am in the Tampa West District in Florida and we are running flu shots this year. Only other area i know of doing it this year is in Colorado. If you get a flu shot in my district you get a $25 "transfer" check but it can be used for new scripts. We also give people a 15% off coupon to get people to stay in the store to make sure they do not have a reaction to the shot. The coupon doesn't work on Rx, milk, alcohol, or smokes like most of our coupons.

I can not say for sure other districts so it is worth checking out. If you guys want i can get my hands of both coupons tomorrow and try and make a scan.


You're awesome, Breakz0.. Thanks for the help!

How exactly do transfers work? Is it pharmacy to pharmacy if there are refills left on the prescription, or do they call the doctors office to get approval?

If I'm transferring a prescription with refills remaining from Pharm X to Y, do I just go to Pharm Y and they handle it?

Great Inf BreakzO - Are you at the one on Columbus Dr? I'll have to buy you a cafe con leche down at the Florida Bakery!!!

Breakz0 said: I work in the pharmacy at a walgreens and we have brought that up many of times. We are told to push our savings card.

Just some fyi things on the transfer. You have to make sure you have refills. It varies store to store but many of them will not give you credit if it doesn't have refills.

Some one asked before about new scripts being free, I am in the Tampa West District in Florida and we are running flu shots this year. Only other area i know of doing it this year is in Colorado. If you get a flu shot in my district you get a $25 "transfer" check but it can be used for new scripts. We also give people a 15% off coupon to get people to stay in the store to make sure they do not have a reaction to the shot. The coupon doesn't work on Rx, milk, alcohol, or smokes like most of our coupons.

I can not say for sure other districts so it is worth checking out. If you guys want i can get my hands of both coupons tomorrow and try and make a scan.

Does Walgreens do $4/month prescriptions, like WalMart? I seem to remember they do not, unless you buy their $20/yr savings club plan ($35 for family plan). It is easier for me to just go to Krogers, WalMart, Rite-aid, and CVS and get my $4 Rx's there, and not have to shell out the additional $20.

GeorgiaBulldawg said: Does Walgreens do $4/month prescriptions, like WalMart? I seem to remember they do not, unless you buy their $20/yr savings club plan ($35 for family plan). It is easier for me to just go to Krogers, WalMart, Rite-aid, and CVS and get my $4 Rx's there, and not have to shell out the additional $20.

Yes and no. My best suggestion is, check this pdf file off the walgreens site Savings card. It is on the bottom left, i havent gone and looked at other chains to see how ours is different so there may be things different. Some of the ones we do save like $200+ every 3 months and some are like $0.99 savings. A big one we like to help people with is Chantix. It isn't covered under most insurance but the plan says almost 20 per fill and the stuff is like $130 per. It is also very much in your interest to ask if we have any mfg coupons or what we call SDLs. They can help a lot.

People use to get away with doing more then 1 transfer too but we are supposed to keep names of all people who have trans stuff to us. FYI to make our life, just drop the bottle off, it is easier for us to take the info off of it then play 20 questions with some one off the phone ^^.

In regards to the NY one, i actually asked about that once when i had to call up that way. NY apparently has a law about refills that is strict. It isnt legal to call them in on anything cept maybe a hospice. If you guys have anymore questions i can help with feel free to ask, you guys have helped me much over the last few years ^^.

In my area, CVS and Kmart will honor competitors' prescription coupons (i.e. Walgreens, RiteAid), so I can get $25-$30 back each time by bouncing the same prescription from one to the other. Worth checking on policies in your area.

sherry7 said: I did have that coupon Mr. C. But didn't it still have the "6 month" clause on it?

Nope.

crazypalooza said: anything out there for new prescriptions?

At least Rite Aid will give you the $30 gift card whether it is a new or transferred prescription. I just did it last week.

I have the pdf files all the pharmacies running those $3-4 co-pay deal. I take them along to my doctor appointments these days and ask them to use one of the covered meds. They are a little bit different from each other. I got a RX for antibiotics filled at Kroger for a $4 co-pay, cheaper than my usual $10 co-pay through the insurance company. I was too lazy to drive to a Meijer which has zero co-pay for some antibiotics.

babswhyit said: I transfer prescriptions as often as I can. Just transferred 2 of the 5 we have each month from a local pharmacy to Kroger's with the Kroger's transfer coupon for $20 for each prescription transfer up to $60 (I have 1 more to transfer)and then at the end of this month will transfer them (have a total of 5 monthly) to Walgreen's. For Nov, I will get another Kroger's coupon and then transfer them back to Walgreens using this coupon! I use Walgreen's gift cards to buy gas gift cards (Shell) so that helps with gas purchases.

Can you transfer from one pharmacy to another, then transfer back to the original pharmacy and still get GC with coupon?

dudetheobscure said: babswhyit said: I use Walgreen's gift cards to buy gas gift cards (Shell) so that helps with gas purchases.

Tell us how. "Gift Card can be used toward any purchase in the store except .... other gift cards as restricted by law."


I pick up the Shell gift cards, last time it was 8 $50 cards and go to tthe cashier who rings them through. I have been doing this for 2 years or so with different cashiers and have NEVER had a problem.

xmizi said: babswhyit said: I transfer prescriptions as often as I can. Just transferred 2 of the 5 we have each month from a local pharmacy to Kroger's with the Kroger's transfer coupon for $20 for each prescription transfer up to $60 (I have 1 more to transfer)and then at the end of this month will transfer them (have a total of 5 monthly) to Walgreen's. For Nov, I will get another Kroger's coupon and then transfer them back to Walgreens using this coupon! I use Walgreen's gift cards to buy gas gift cards (Shell) so that helps with gas purchases.

Can you transfer from one pharmacy to another, then transfer back to the original pharmacy and still get GC with coupon?


Yes. You could transfer back and forth every other month. I transfer between Walgreens, Kroger and a local pharmacy. I only wish we had CVS and a Target pharmacy here. We have 5 prescriptions a month in our family. I could really being racking it in!

dudetheobscure said: babswhyit said: I use Walgreen's gift cards to buy gas gift cards (Shell) so that helps with gas purchases.

Tell us how. "Gift Card can be used toward any purchase in the store except .... other gift cards as restricted by law."


The gift card itself is just a normal Walgreens gift card, it says right on the front of the card itself its as good as cash. I used two Walgreens gift cards I got via transferred prescriptions to buy a gift card to another store that Walgreens sold near the front counter.

dudetheobscure said: babswhyit said: I use Walgreen's gift cards to buy gas gift cards (Shell) so that helps with gas purchases.

Tell us how. "Gift Card can be used toward any purchase in the store except .... other gift cards as restricted by law."


The back of my gift cards do not say this. It says:
Use of this card constitutes acceptance of the following terms: This card can be used only for purchases of merchandise at any Walgreens Drugstore, Rxpress, or Walgreens Pharmacy in the United States and Puerto Rico. This card cannot be redeemed for cash and no change will be given, except in those states which requires redemption for cash. After 12 months of non-use, a service fee of $2 per month will be deducted for the remaining balance on the card (except for cards sold in CA and where otherwise prohibited by law.) Taxes are the responsibilty of cardholder.

Gift cards are merchandise at Walgreens, you have to buy them. Wlagreens is not giving them away.

Thank you! Giant Eagle just quit sending me the $30 coupons so I actually had to fill one with no reward this week! It was awful!

Just be aware if your are on Medicare Part D these don't work unless your scrip is excluded from coverage.

I didn't know that Walgreens doesn't price match meds.. Or you had to buy a special card. Hmmm. I used Walgreens insteads of CVS a few months ago because I was super sick & it's right next door to my doctor... I guess I didn't try and get a PM.. I thought I did and it worked, but now that I am thinking about it.. I think I was too sick to even try it.

Well, that sucks.

how do you transfer then? just took the refill tab to Walgreen? will that affect my insurance or do I need to notify insurance? I am now with GiantEagle.

Skipping 19 Messages...
bmnforever said: As a pharmacist please please please don't do this multiple times with the same RX and the same pharmacies. I will hate you, my employees will hate you, and you will probably go to hell for it. Doing stuff like this causes mistakes with your prescription. Every time you transfer a prescription you introduce room for errors. Not to mention that each pharmacy you go to doesn't know your medical/drug history if you only give them 1 of your 5 rx's. I know that these seem like good deals, but please think about your health (and my sanity) before you go hopping all over town for your pills.

Not a problem. Tell you what. I'll come to your pharmacy, fill on average 4 prescriptions a month. You give me my meds free, and kick in an extra $20-$40 or more.

There's 2 sides to every coin. As long as the drugstores are going to pay me to juggle my scripts, I'll keep track of what's what, and pocket the profit each month. It's not as easy as it could be, but with the economy in the toilet like it is now, you do what you gotta do, and I'll do whatever I feel is neccessary (and legal).

Not trying to insult or put you down. I understand your position, and in the best of times, I'd tend to agree. But until the best of times get here, I have a Walgreens, Kmart, and 2 RiteAids to work with, and most of my scripts are 90 days, so transfers are not a big problem. If this will drive you insane, maybe you should see a dr. and get a prescription for something. As for me, I am familiar enough with the pills I take to know if something is amiss.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014