• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I dont know if this is regional or nationwide but I live in Florida and just got rid of bright house because Vonage has a really good deal for 24.95 a month you can get high speed internet, cable tv, and unlimited telephone for 24.95 a month.

The Vonage installer is coming out soon to install the service and I will let you know how it is.

www.Vonage.com

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I'm an Anti-Vonage gal. there are number Same Quality better price competition out there.
I use Magic Jack.. you can't be... (more)

LisaTech (Oct. 14, 2008 @ 11:47a) |

ask for Ryan Reynolds.

verklempt (Oct. 14, 2008 @ 12:07p) |

I dunno about the cabletv, but the high speed internet + Vonage voice seems to be a legit announcement from covad (the d... (more)

collinong (Oct. 14, 2008 @ 2:11p) |

Summary - OP is full of c**p.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

It would be nice if this was real. Not aware that even regionally they offer anything but VOIP. So keep us posted.

24.95 for all 3?

How about a link to the page where you get all three for that price

ljderm said: It would be nice if this was real. Not aware that even regionally they offer anything but VOIP. So keep us posted.

its real, they coming out to install it in few days

Yeah that would be smoking hot if it's real and there some info backing it.

also for an extra 13 dollars they will give you an 866 number and people can call you from payphones without putting quarters in. I know about this deal because my aunt has it and whenever she has problems with it she can call technical support and they fix her issues

someone don't know the difference between Vonage service and high speed internet

enough talk. Let's see a real link for the offer or a scan of something or some shred of evidence that this is something other than BS.

yo bro, is this you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHXBqo6RgN4

your music sucks!!!!

yall see itll be here in couple days, my aunt has had it for months now the only problem is since the phone is tied to the internet if the internet goes down and you have any problems you would have to call Vonage on a payphone or cellphone to have them see why your internet is down but the good thing she told me is if its down they can usually walk you through over the phone without someone coming out. They usually tell you to unplug it and stuff.

souljaboytellem said: also for an extra 13 dollars they will give you an 866 number and people can call you from payphones without putting quarters in. I know about this deal because my aunt has it and whenever she has problems with it she can call technical support and they fix her issues Huh?

I want what he is smoking....

souljaboytellem said: yall see itll be here in couple days, my aunt has had it for months now the only problem is since the phone is tied to the internet if the internet goes down and you have any problems you would have to call Vonage on a payphone or cellphone to have them see why your internet is down but the good thing she told me is if its down they can usually walk you through over the phone without someone coming out. They usually tell you to unplug it and stuff. I can see you poor aunt calling from a payphone, they giving her instructions, she running home and back to the payphone - and on and on...

dumroo said: souljaboytellem said: yall see itll be here in couple days, my aunt has had it for months now the only problem is since the phone is tied to the internet if the internet goes down and you have any problems you would have to call Vonage on a payphone or cellphone to have them see why your internet is down but the good thing she told me is if its down they can usually walk you through over the phone without someone coming out. They usually tell you to unplug it and stuff. I can see you poor aunt calling from a payphone, they giving her instructions, she running home and back to the payphone - and on and on...

payphone service isnt for her to call Vonage, for 13 bucks Vonage gives you a 866 number where people can call you from a payphone without putting a quarter in.

Vonage is a VOIP company. They DO NOT provide Internet nor cable TV.
You are paying 24.95/month for their Internet Phone service only.

Pun said: Vonage is a VOIP company. They DO NOT provide Internet nor cable TV.
You are paying 24.95/month for their Internet Phone service only.


I dont know bout all that, the Vonage technician will be here in a few days and Ill let you know.

I think you're going to be in for a big surprise when the tech comes out and says "Wait, you don't have internet service? [cable modem/DSL] How do you expect this VoIP [Voice over Internet Protocol] to work?"

Of course, I've never heard of a "Vonage tech" being dispatched so someone's house... How about giving us the website, or maybe the number you called to signup for this service?

my old lady called the main number and signed up for it

souljaboytellem said: Pun said: Vonage is a VOIP company. They DO NOT provide Internet nor cable TV.
You are paying 24.95/month for their Internet Phone service only.


I dont know bout all that, the Vonage technician will be here in a few days and Ill let you know.


You are paying 24.99 for Unlimited VOIP service. In my opinion, you are overpaying by $10-15/month.
Call Vonage and cancel before the tech makes the trip.

This thread is riot. Let us know how that "triple play" turns out.

Hilarious thread. OP, how old are you...5?

Well, on the bright side, his old lady can't be any stupider than he is.

For your information, you need to be at least 18years of age or older to allow a service tech in your home.

HardCoder said: This thread is riot. Let us know how that "triple play" turns out.

I second this. The thread is starting to look like even more exciting than the unraveling of the lonely girl on U-tube. This OP dude is in for a big surprise unless he is yanking everyone's chain for some sort of psych experiment.

This op who is a bast*** doesn't make sense. souljaboytellem said: I dont know if this is regional or nationwide but I live in Florida and just got rid of bright house because Vonage has a really good deal for 24.95 a month you can get high speed internet, cable tv, and unlimited telephone for 24.95 a month.

The Vonage installer is coming out soon to install the service and I will let you know how it is.

www.Vonage.com

haha very funny OP. Nobody could really be *that* stupid and still be able to post a message on FW.

HI souljaboytellem, you definately need to read Vonage website and see what they offer and what is needed to run VOIP (voice over internet phone).. You need to have your own internet (High Speed DSL.. such ATT yahoo DSL or Cable internet.. such as wow, comcast)...Vonage ONLY offer voiPhone service and not the internet or cable tv.. Man you are going to get lots of red..

TheNomad said: HardCoder said: This thread is riot. Let us know how that "triple play" turns out.

I second this. The thread is starting to look like even more exciting than the unraveling of the lonely girl on U-tube. This OP dude is in for a big surprise unless he is yanking everyone's chain for some sort of psych experiment.


OP, give us your address so we can send Dateline out to meet the Vonage tech when he shows up and takes off his clothes...

damn thats some dumb MF'ers

aquariumwarehouse said: Well, on the bright side, his old lady can't be any stupider than he is.

LOL... Yeah Right! Maybe for the first month only, then it jumps to $9999999/ month... Sucka!!!!!!!!!

I call BS.

How come nobody has said "dont feed the troll"

Come on people, don't you see the tag "Don'tFeedTheTroll" in the summary.....

Oh crap, I just did, didn't I! Damn you Troll, you get me every time!

According to the Live Chat person on Vonage site:
"The new service, called Vonage Broadband, is expected to be offered to new and existing customers by the end of the year."

This artical takes about it

http://blog.tmcnet.com/blog/tom-keating/Vonage/covad-to-offer-Vonage-broadband.asp

Hello OP? Are you a real person? Are you sure there is a Vonage Tech person in flesh and blood that will appear at your door soon? Are you sure this is not a third party reseller that is going install high speed internet, then set up the phone service using a Vonage kit that we can all buy from Best Buy?

I actually have a friend who was talked into a year of, as it turned out, satellite TV and internet service by a reseller. I am guessing your Vonage Tech is going to be an installer from one of these resellers.

Many of us here have used Vonage or another service and they do not have local tech people.

He's looking for a free t-shirt

It makes sense for Vonage to go this route but why they did not go in the first place. I think Vonage is NetZero of internet access.

Skipping 16 Messages...
I dunno about the cabletv, but the high speed internet + Vonage voice seems to be a legit announcement from covad (the dsl part) and Vonage (the voice part):

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080509-vonage-tries-to-turn-double-play-by-bundling-covad-dsl.html
http://www.inc.com/news/articles/2008/05/09covad.html
http://www.engadget.com/2008/05/08/vonage-to-resell-covad-dsl-call-it-vonage-broadband/
http://www.covad.com/export/sites/default/about/newsroom/pressroom/pr_2008/news_release_08-0508.pdf

Press release said: Vonage AND COVAD COMMUNICATIONS ANNOUNCE
STRATEGIC RELATIONSHIP
TO DELIVER Vonage BROADBAND

Holmdel, NJ, and San Jose, CA (May 8, 2008) – Vonage, a leading provider of
digital phone services, and Covad Communications Company, a leading national
provider of integrated voice and data communications, today announced a strategic
relationship which will enable Vonage to provide its customers with a broadband
solution using Covad’s nationwide DSL network.

The new service, called Vonage Broadband, is expected to be offered to new and
existing customers by the end of the year. Through this relationship with Covad,
Vonage will offer a DSL service with a maximum download speed of between 3.0 or
6.0 megabits per second to both residential and small business customers. This
offering will expand Vonage’s competitive position in the marketplace by integrating
these services for customers who prefer this option.

“Consistent with our strategy of focusing on the customer, Vonage Broadband
enables us to respond to the demand we hear from customers who prefer the
Vonage brand,” said Jeffrey Citron, Chairman, Chief Strategist, and Interim CEO. “In
addition, it provides us with a competitive offering that continues to give customers
the freedom of choice.”

Broadband fits perfectly into the MyVonage portfolio of products and services, such
as Vonage Visual Voicemail, Unlimited International Long Distance Calling and V-
Portal, which enable customers to control not only the way they communicate, but
now, the way they bundle.

“We look forward to partnering with Vonage as its broadband wholesale service
provider,” said Patrick Bennett, Covad President and Chief Executive Officer. “This
new strategic relationship enables us to demonstrate the reliability and award-
winning performance of our nationwide broadband network to Vonage’s large and
savvy customer base.”



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014