• Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
W Hotels new employee discount code for January: K7G2M
40% off the W Hotels mattress only.

W Hotels The Store
Edit by Moderator: Clarified Title

Moderator Comment: Check out the Official Master Thread of "Official Store Threads" here. — Feb. 24, 2010 @ 5:11pm
Member Summary

W Hotels Bed Coupons (29.59kB)
Thanks MVP9596
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Anyone have the employee discount code for March 2014? Thanks!

gphwilson (Mar. 08, 2014 @ 11:41a) |

I am looking for an April or May 2014 employee discount code

rage3324 (Apr. 29, 2014 @ 10:07a) |

delete

matrix5k (Oct. 29, 2014 @ 8:48p) |

For stores that we have a relationship with, we've been able to set up a special area of the quick summary to auto-update with all the latest codes provided directly to us. Our list might not contain every code out there, so please feel free to add any that are not listed by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message. Also please let us know if you are aware of a coupon that is no longer valid.

Here is a link to the latest reply at the end of this thread.

WSTAR35 - 35% off

KL7M5 - 40% off on sheets, mattress, towels, pillows, etc. (exp. 5/21)
(Thanks to BigDealDaddy)

===Official W Bed FAQ======================================
by Yoshi Makino et al.
(thanks to all who contributed to the FAQ on: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/756780

** I have edited some factual information in the FAQ to reflect what I have VERIFIED by actually purchasing my mattress in October 2008. Subjective information such as bed comfort is from the original FAQ. Further edits and refinements by the FatWallet community are greatly appreciated. - Yoshi

First, pictures speak a thousand words...
* Image of actual Bed Tag
* Image of actual Bed End

This is visual proof that the W Bed is a Beautyrest World Class bed. Now... where this bed ranks within the World Class series is still open to debate. EDIT: the number of coils indicates that it belongs to the Classic line. Simmons uses the coil count in the Queen sized mattresses(here is a link to Simmons' website, which confirms this) to assign it to the Classic versus Worldclass lines. As such, a Queen W mattress has 825 coils, which puts it 25 coils above the Classic line (and 155 coils below the Worldclass line). To confirm, just take a look at this Simmons Beautyrest Classic "Adrian" Plush Mattress Set sold at Macy's -- it is a Beautyrest Classic with 800 coils.

As you can see from this link taken directly from Simmons' website, a Simmons Worldclass mattress has 980 coils in queen sized mattresses. W Hotels have the "worldclass" label on them because their queen mattresses have 825 coils, which puts them ever so slightly above the Classic line (by 25 coils). In other words, in this case the label is somewhat of a marketing trick to cause people to think that they are getting more mattress for their money.

** CAUTION!!! ** The FAQ contains info on the Westin Heavenly Bed as well. Contrary to what may have been discussed previously, none of the mattresses from the W website are the Westin Heavenly bed. Instead, they are "Beautyrest World Class" models made by Simmons especially for W Hotels . There are no returns accepted for any purchases, and the quoted 10 year warranty requires that you mail the mattress back to them. (** need to mail the mattress for warranty service is unverified... my reading of my own warranty card suggests I may have other local alternatives. - Yoshi)

Q: What is the difference between the two Heavenly Beds being offered?
A: To answer this question, lets first start with a bit of history so in case you draw upon any personal experience with any of our beds, you can better understand what is being offered here and now.
The Heavenly Beds installed in our Westin Hotels right now are from two different generations. The majority of Westin Hotels have the original Beautyrest? bed from Simmons, equipped with a two-sided pillow top mattress, circa 1999 -2001. These particular mattresses are characteristically known to feel springy with a soft pillow top underneath and a medium-soft supporting foundation. The mattress height is 10.5" with a foundation (box spring) of 7.0". Given this is a two sided mattress, during its normal lifespan it requires a quarterly rotation (just like your car tires, this keeps the bed evenly worn). As wonderful as these beds are, they are no longer available as bed technology has changed.

The next generation of Heavenly Beds appeared circa 2001-2005. These mattresses have a taller profile height of 12.5" and taller foundation of 8.75". With new technology in fabrication and construction, these beds are single-sided, which basically means no rotation is required during its normal life. Their comfort zone is soft to firm. Soft being right under your immediate backside (2 - 3" inches deep) from the top side (pillow top), to firm support from the individual coil pocketed construction underneath. Both, the original Heavenly Bed and this newer model have hotel fire retardant ticking otherwise deeming these beds as commercial products. This model is one of the two Heavenly Beds available for purchase in this program.

In 2005 the Retail ~ Heavenly Bed joined the family of Westin beds. This model is purely a retail bed not found in our hotels, however it is made available for associate purchase. Designed for a very discerning customer, this model provides that residential look and feel for the home application. In a recently formed partnership with the Nordstrom Department Store, along with Hotels@Home, Westin sells thousands of these beds to our guests. This particular mattress has additional foam layering in the pillow top bringing the total profile height up to 13.25", while the foundation remains at 8.75". The fabric (ticking) is upgraded to a residential design with a softer hand, which clearly distinguishes it from the hotel / commercial versions in our hotels. Aside from the new profile height, its ticking and retail emblem these beds are of similar construction and specification of the popular single-sided hotel mattress. This particular Heavenly Bed proudly displays a beautifully designed Heavenly Bed Emblem at the foot of the bed. Perfect for a little show and tell with your friends.

Q: What is the difference between the Heavenly Beds and the W Hotel bed?
A: The three available beds from Simmons are all Beautyrest models. The difference (besides what is noted in the previous question) is not performance, but layers....in that the two Heavenly Beds are pillow top applications, whereas the W Hotel bed is not. They all have individual coil pocketed construction and single sided, no flip technology. All three beds are simply great beds, but for you, it will be a matter of much softness your back prefers. Read question # 5, which may help your decision.
Q: What is the difference between the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper and the Four Points by Sheraton ~ Four Comfort Bed?
A: The simple answer is nothing more than the label representing the two different brands. These two beds are identical with the exception of their individual branded soft goods package they use (e.g. ensembles: duvet, pillows and blankets - each sold separately by Hotels@Home).

Q: Are these the same beds found in the department stores?
A: Yes and No. Not to make things more difficult to understand, both manufacturers offer similar retail product in stores. Simmons has their successful Beautyrest line, while Sealy has the highly regarded Posturepedic line. Outside of the purpose built Heavenly Bed (at Nordstrom), you may find similarities to the retail products. Although, our beds do have some slight differences from coil counts, fabric ticking, profile height and construction, designed to meet our custom criteria in beds. This fact does not necessarily make one bed better or worst, just different.

Q: Which bed is better (Westin / Sheraton / Four Points / W Hotel)?
A: Of all the questions, this is the most difficult to answer. Being mindful of the fact we think all our beds are great, this question and answer becomes subjective. It really depends more upon your personal sleeping habit and need. In other words "what is good for me may not be good for you". To define the comfort of these beds, I often use a non-scientific judgment. Basically taking into account what your back might feel laying on the mattress (facing up) for the first 2-3" inches of mattress depth, and then what support lies thereafter. Avoid getting too technical on count coils, type, gage, layers, thickness, and materials... while they are all important, Starwood already made sure we had enough of everything important in our beds. What is really important is how you feel on the bed. The best approach is for you to personally test the bed when staying at one of our hotels, if possible. If not, then for what its worth use my simple rating. Caution...remember my opinion is subjective!

RATING: Topside: first 2" - 3" / Support: in mattress (box spring is considered here as well)

Westin Heavenly Bed - Original Two Side Mattress / Pillow top (No longer available)
Rating: Soft Topside, Medium-Soft Support (almost to the point of being springy)

Westin Heavenly Bed - Single Sided Hotel Commercial Version / Pillow top
Rating: Soft Topside, Firm Support

Westin Heavenly Bed - Retail Version / Pillow top
Rating: Very-Soft Topside, Firm Support

W Hotel Bed - Original Two Sided Mattress / Plush Top (No longer available)
Rating: Medium-Soft Topside, Medium-Soft Support (almost to point of being springy)

W Hotel Bed - Single Sided Hotel Commercial Version (Plush Top)
Rating: Medium-Soft Topside, Firm Support

Sheraton Sweet Sleeper - Original Two Sided Version / Plush Top (No longer available)
Rating: Medium-Soft Topside, Medium-Firm Support

Sheraton Sweet Sleeper - Single Sided Hotel Version / Plush Top
Rating: Medium-Soft Topside, Firm Support

Four Point by Sheraton Four Comfort Bed - Original Two Sided Version / Plush Top (No longer available)
Rating: Medium-Soft Topside, Medium-Firm Support

Four Point by Sheraton Four Comfort Bed - Single Sided Hotel Version / Plush Top
Rating: Medium-Soft Topside, Firm Support.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
If I was going to get my wife something for Xmas, do you think I should just order it in October or is this a common sale and prices could get lower?

rated:
The W Bed has been discussed in at least 3 other threads, and there is a very good FAQ in one of them. Please search for "W bed" in the Expired Deals forum.

This sale is "common" in the sense that we all manage to find the coupon every month. However, the prices seem fairly stable, and you are unlikely to do better than the present price.

Another popular point of discussion is regarding what the W Bed exactly is... the overall consensus is that this is a Simmons Beautyrest bed with 850 pocketed coils. The quality is somewhere between the Beautyrest Classic (budget) line and the World Class (premium) line.

ImageShack pictures of my bed:

* Bed Tag
* Bed End

This is visual proof that the W Bed is a Beautyrest World Class bed. Now... where this bed ranks within the World Class series is still open to debate.

All I know is that I just spent my first night in the bed and LOVE IT!

Cheers!
Yoshi

rated:
Yoshi2000 said:
All I know is that I just spent my first night in the bed and LOVE IT!

I'll second that. I got in on this deal when it was posted in August and have been sleeping on the plush king for about 6 weeks. Fabulous mattress at a pretty great price.

rated:
How firm is it?

rated:
Has there been any answers regarding the discrepancy between foundation prices for the two mattresses?

PLUSH TOP SET
$1420.00
PLUSH TOP MATTRESS ONLY
$1265.00
PILLOW TOP SET
$1720.00
PILLOW TOP MATTRESS ONLY
$1270.00

Plush top foundation price $155
Pillow top foundation price $450

Is it the same foundation??

rated:
Thank you for the help Yoshi!

rated:
Is this deal better than would be expected for Black Friday. I am look for a Full sized set.

rated:
Sweet! Was waiting for this. Thanks OP

rated:
Which is more firm? Plush Top or Pillow Top?
I need one thats more firm, one that won't sink.

Good deal..thanks for the post op

rated:
Plush Top is firmer than Pillow Top.

The Plush Top just has some cushion on top of the mattress but the Pillow Top has it's own seperate additional layer of cushion on top of the mattress.

I have a Plush and I feel like it's a fairly firm mattress. Not rock hard but not as soft as I wanted it to be. I should have got the Pillow Top but too late now, so I might just get a feather bed instead.

rated:
Thanks, OP. Just placed an order for a plush-top set.
Wonder why standard shipping was my only choice?

rated:
JCRonSaratoga said: Is this deal better than would be expected for Black Friday. I am look for a Full sized set.

Mattress pricing is highly variable and it is difficult to shop around IMHO. A mattress at one store may go by a different name in another store. Furthermore, many people are able to negotiate mattress prices down by anywhere from 30-40% at any particular store.

So... will the BF deals be better than this deal? Well... I guess if you are a great haggler, you may come out ahead during BF.

However, how will you truly know how your BF bed compares to this bed? Can your body truly memorize the comfort level of each bed as you go from store to store?

Personally, I jumped on this deal because it is:
1) It's well researched by hundreds of FatWallet members
2) I don't like to haggle
3) I want to save my time/gas shopping
4) I hate furniture store sales people (worse than car dealers in this market)

Cheers,
Yoshi

rated:
I need the king, and am considering trying to buy the foundation locally. Does anyone have experience doing that?

Does anyone know how this would compare to this one on sale for 50% off at Sears?

Sears Link

rated:
bhyde01 said: I need the king, and am considering trying to buy the foundation locally. Does anyone have experience doing that?

After the coupon, the W bed foundation represent around $100-$270 of the total price of the bed (depending on if you choose the Plush or Pillowtop set.)

Furthermore, when it comes to the foundation, the Simmons warranty is somewhat vague about what qualifies as providing "proper support." (The requirements for the *bed frame* on the other hand are well documented.)

Plus... factor in the cost, gas and labor of getting the foundation on your own... at that point, is it REALLY worth it?

bhyde01 said:
Does anyone know how this would compare to this one on sale for 50% off at Sears?

Sears Link

No comparison. Even a quick check of your Sears link indicates that that bed only has 675 coils while the W bed has 800+ pocketed coils.

Please read the link at the top of the FAQ for more details. I know it is a pretty tough thread to read through, but this is how I became an informed buyer prior to actually buying the mattress.

rated:
None of these are flippable? I'm prob gonna get the plush, but i'm worried about dents in the mattress if you can't flip it after a while.

Also, can anyone comment on their bedsheets and whether or not they're worth getting?

rated:
I've had the Pillowtop without a foundation for about a year and a half. I've had it on a platform bed, and it's worked out great. You kind of sink into it when you're on it, but not too much where it would become uncomfortable. It was awesome from day one, but I would say that it took it about 3 months or so to break in, and has been even better ever since.

rated:
infiniti029 said: None of these are flippable? I'm prob gonna get the plush, but i'm worried about dents in the mattress if you can't flip it after a while.

The beds allegedly do not need to be be flipped by design.

If by dents, you mean the impression left by your body.... the warranty will cover dents bigger than 1.5" deep. (I have no idea how they measure this...)

However, the warranty will not cover any bent wires on the edge of the bed.

infiniti029 said: Also, can anyone comment on their bedsheets and whether or not they're worth getting?

No clue on the bedsheets. I'm considering visiting my local W hotel's gift shop to see for myself. However, you should be able to get 400 thread count sheets for under $100, so the sheets probably are not too much of a bargain...

rated:
I have a two week old Simmons Beautyrest box spring for sale if anyone is interested in just buying the mattress from the W Store. PM me if you're interested. I live in Fairfax, VA.

I am selling the box spring as I'm getting a bed that doesn't need a box spring. The box spring is in brand new condition, and I'll sell it for $140 (paid $200 for it at Sleepy's).

rated:
I have the W Hotel Cal King featherbed for sale. PM me if interested.

rated:
THANK YOU! My back has been aching on my old mattress lately and I almost used the 20% off coupon until I decided my wallet would ache worse.

rated:
Waiting for code. Thanks!

rated:
Roy2001 said: Waiting for code. Thanks!

I don't understand.... the code WH4X5 is in the OP's post

rated:
My husband and I just tried the Heavenly Bed and my husband loved it. Is the W bed the same as the Heavenly bed? I know the Heavenly Bed is available at Nordstroms. Nordstroms is having an employee sale on November 2, 2008 thru November 8, 2008. I would love to get the discount on the Heavenly Bed. Thoughts anyone?

rated:
Nordstroms employee discount on the Heavenly Bed begins November 2 thru November 8 2008. How can I buy this bed at discount?

rated:
Does anyone know where the original FAQ came from? It's written as if it was from someone at Starwood (e.g. "all of our beds..."). I'm curious, because this seems to confirm what I believed to be true about my Westin Heavenly Bed...that it's not the same as the beds used in the hotel (even the brand new ones). It's WAY too soft for my taste, so I'll be returning it to Norstrom for a refund(minus delivery and a 15% restocking fee.) Everyone at Nordstrom and Simmons swear up and down that it's the same mattress, but I don't believe it, especially since the label says "Heavenly Bed by Westin-at-Home: Customized for Home Use." If I could find the source of the original FAQ, that would help me in my negotiations to try to waive the restocking fee. Thanks!

rated:
Yoshi2000 said: Roy2001 said: Waiting for code. Thanks!

I don't understand.... the code WH4X5 is in the OP's post

Sorry I was not clear. I meant that I was waiting for this code before he posted it. Big thanks to OP.

rated:
I have been reading some reviews online for Simmons Beautyrest and a lot of them are saying that they are bad after a couple of years. Has anyone had this mattress for that long that can confirm that these are good for the long haul?

Review1

This one talks about it sagging over time.

Review 2

rated:
Can anyone who got in on this deal previously tell me what the delivery time frame is like in NYC metro area? I live in NJ right near a 1800mattress store. I understand from some other posts that the bed is actually delivered by 1800mattress. Can anyone in my area confirm this? Also, how does delivery work? Do they come in with the mattress or leave it at the door? Lastly, has anyone been contacted by W Hotels after sale to ask about how they used the employee code? Any problems? Thanks.

rated:
Pull the trigger on Cal King plush top. Hope they would ship it faster.

rated:
billyblaze said: Can anyone who got in on this deal previously tell me what the delivery time frame is like in NYC metro area? I live in NJ right near a 1800mattress store. I understand from some other posts that the bed is actually delivered by 1800mattress. Can anyone in my area confirm this? Also, how does delivery work? Do they come in with the mattress or leave it at the door? Lastly, has anyone been contacted by W Hotels after sale to ask about how they used the employee code? Any problems? Thanks.

Delivery inside the NYC Metro area is supposed to be within 3 days....it probably depends on who will deliver it, but consider yourself lucky....the rest of us have a 2-3 WEEK delivery window.

rated:
I wish I would have found this earlier. Had to cancel by locally ordered bed and jumped on this deal. Kind of a hassle but I saved about $400 over the model I was buying locally. Couldn't decide on the feather bed or the cover with primaloft so I opted for the feather bed option. Ended up ordering the King plush model set with frame and the feather bed. Came to $1057 after coupon. Not bad.

rated:
billyblaze said: Can anyone who got in on this deal previously tell me what the delivery time frame is like in NYC metro area? I live in NJ right near a 1800mattress store. I understand from some other posts that the bed is actually delivered by 1800mattress. Can anyone in my area confirm this? Also, how does delivery work? Do they come in with the mattress or leave it at the door? Lastly, has anyone been contacted by W Hotels after sale to ask about how they used the employee code? Any problems? Thanks.

I don't live in your area but I can answer part of your question. I live in CA but my bed was delivered by 1800mattress. Some time after you order, you should get a call from 1800mattress asking you when is a good time to deliver the bed. You setup a date with them and they give you a time frame for delivery on that day. When they come on the delivery day, they bring the mattress/box spring/frame up to your room, open the packaging and setup everything for you.

I haven't had any problems and I wasn't contacted by W Hotels after. The only problem I have is that the plush bed is too firm for me.

rated:
Anyone have a pic of the bed frame?

rated:
paulsfds said: The only problem I have is that the plush bed is too firm for me.

Same here but I got used to it after a while.

rated:
Anyone with the king frame? Does it have 6 legs?

rated:
knightc2 said: Anyone with the king frame? Does it have 6 legs?

+1....would love to see a pic......

rated:
Well I took the plunge & ordered 10/21. Now the delivery clock is ticking.

rated:
Ordered 10/21/08 8pm & got delivery call 10/23/08. It will be delivered tonight. Less than 48 hours.

Skipping 268 Messages...
rated:
delete

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014