Costco: Westinghouse 32" 720p $399

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Saw this at Costco in Alhambra and thought it was a good deal.

It says it support 1080i but it is 720P.

For anyone interested... i thought it was a good deal.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
For those of you waiting on BF, no TV has been reported to be lower than $399.

Sucks that TVs on BF are going to be so la... (more)

KenKaniff (Nov. 13, 2008 @ 6:42p) |

Have you seen every ad already? I think WalMart might come in with something lower.

heyeaglefn (Nov. 13, 2008 @ 6:43p) |

RE:
Took a second look at this TV today.

So it is in the store still available for $399?

yesidonoitall (Nov. 13, 2008 @ 7:38p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

What are the specs? Model number? Need more info.

Confirmed. I was at the Alhambra store last night too. There are a lot of them left, seems good deal too.

If I am going to there again tonight I'll bring the item number. Seems like a-okay bargain.

from SD

Was at Costco today and they are selling their 32" LCD Westinghouse TV for $399. It has two HDMI ports.

Model number SK-32H540S. 720P/1080i.

90 day return, 2nd year warranty free from costco
2 HDMI Ports
1 VGA Ports
1 Component inputs
2 Composite inputs

schmedy said: What are the specs? Model number? Need more info.your google is not working?? there you go LCD 32 Westinghouse

Edit "schemdy" flag me red for ur 56k modem LoL--and u welcome for the link

more detailed review:
link
according to that, it has NTSC/ATSC/ClearQAM tuners.

and links to more reviews:
Text

i assume this is regional??

I just found it here in Colchester VT, same price, great find OP. I didn't flag you one of the morons I work with did it, thought you were serious, I told them to shut up and relax....thanks for the info

thats good news

this one is only 26" and still shows 399

you know the economy is bad when a 32" set all of a sudden hits the $400 mark. Good deal, but I read many user reviews about how the brand malfunction. I bought one 1.5 years ago and the image froze on me. Luckily I returned it...

My co-worker has a Westinghouse bought in 2006. It no longer works and all he did was attach it to a cable box here and plug it into a surge protector. One day, it just stopped working. He didn't use it everyday and it's in great shape with no dents and scratches.

Can't find parts for it and it's cheaper to just buy a brand new one.

It was on costco.com yesterday, but unless I'm missing it, it must be sold out online already. The reviews were pretty iffy, but at $400 it seemed pretty hot! Hopefully this is a sign of LCD HDTV prices to come!

"manufacturers of leading HDTV brands are prepping “very aggressive promotions” in the fourth quarter. Patel expects the average price of a 32-inch LCD HDTV to fall 18%, from $725 in fourth-quarter 2007 to $595 in Q4 2008."
-Todd Spangler HD: Will Economy Unplug Set Sales?

I saw this as well this past sunday on the costco on sepulveda, van nuys. They also still have the 42" 1080P which has been posted on this forums as well.

vegastaco said: from SD

Was at Costco today and they are selling their 32" LCD Westinghouse TV for $399. It has two HDMI ports.

Model number SK-32H540S. 720P/1080i.

90 day return, 2nd year warranty free from costco
2 HDMI Ports
1 VGA Ports
1 Component inputs
2 Composite inputs

What Costco store (i.e. address?) did you observe this sale? I assume you are from SD. Thanks.

On your mark get set. Get your wallets ready!

DayTrader said: My co-worker has a Westinghouse bought in 2006. It no longer works and all he did was attach it to a cable box here and plug it into a surge protector. One day, it just stopped working. He didn't use it everyday and it's in great shape with no dents and scratches.

My neighbor has a cat that looks like Johnny Depp.

good deal, and an additional warranty sweetens it. However, I have not heard good things about westinghouse electronics. I guess they should stick to Nuclear reactors.

Confirmed at Dedham, MA store. This is not a clearance price. Looks like it is likely national.

Anyone know if they have the same deal in Orange County? Thanks OP.

I bought this same TV from Bestbuy about 1.5 years ago for about $440 during a sale with a coupon. It has recently developed an annoying verticle band on the right side exactly at the border of the 4:3 frame (so you see a verticle dark band there when viewing wide format content from all sources). I only use it about 1-2hr/day at most. Luckily I did buy the bestbuy extended warranty so I'll probably be taking it back soon. Otherwise the TV has been okay and the picture better than most of the low end brands. The power saver mode doesn't work well and makes it turn off a few seconds after turning the set on about half the time...

seen today at Vancouver WA store.

Yosquire said: DayTrader said: My co-worker has a Westinghouse bought in 2006. It no longer works and all he did was attach it to a cable box here and plug it into a surge protector. One day, it just stopped working. He didn't use it everyday and it's in great shape with no dents and scratches.

Was either the cat or Johnny Depp a Westinghouse?

dj7houston said: you know the economy is bad when a 32" set all of a sudden hits the $400 mark.

This is fundamentally flawed argument. There are many factors that have contributed to the fall in prices of these TVs. My fear is that misconceptions like this are going to have an impact on the upcoming election.

squirrelproductions said: Yosquire said: DayTrader said: My co-worker has a Westinghouse bought in 2006. It no longer works and all he did was attach it to a cable box here and plug it into a surge protector. One day, it just stopped working. He didn't use it everyday and it's in great shape with no dents and scratches.

Was either the cat or Johnny Depp a Westinghouse?

Good question!

One time this person bought a house and it had structural problems 2 years later. Beware of houses people. I recommend just having a tent in the woods to be safe, but I also heard a story about how trees can fall - so very YMMV here with both.

HowYouDoing said: dj7houston said: you know the economy is bad when a 32" set all of a sudden hits the $400 mark.

This is fundamentally flawed argument. There are many factors that have contributed to the fall in prices of these TVs. My fear is that misconceptions like this are going to have an impact on the upcoming election.

That is a fundamentally flawed fear...you see, most people will vote for whoever the TV tells them to vote for. The price of TV's has nothing to do with it.

Snyder81 said: HowYouDoing said: dj7houston said: you know the economy is bad when a 32" set all of a sudden hits the $400 mark.

That is a fundamentally flawed fear...you see, most people will vote for whoever the TV tells them to vote for. The price of TV's has nothing to do with it.

You're missing my point as it didn't have anything to do about the TV per se but correlations of economic condition to the fall in price of an item that has become more affordable for many reasons.

Snyder81 said: HowYouDoing said: dj7houston said: you know the economy is bad when a 32" set all of a sudden hits the $400 mark.

Especially if the TV only gets FOX news.

Silly stupid question.

Anyone think a 32" will be significantly cheaper come Black Friday?

wildbottom said: On your mark get set. Get your wallets ready!

i have my wallet on standby til after Thanks Giving

i like what I'm seeing so far with all the price drops though.

anybody has hooked this up w/ vga? Good pic? Was just thinking about setting up four of these on the wall, instead of my 3 20's....

mikeyeastside said: anybody has hooked this up w/ vga? Good pic? Was just thinking about setting up four of these on the wall, instead of my 3 20's....

Pic is nice but you won't get the resolution/desktop space of 3 20" monitors...

DayTrader said: My co-worker has a Westinghouse bought in 2006. It no longer works and all he did was attach it to a cable box here and plug it into a surge protector. One day, it just stopped working. He didn't use it everyday and it's in great shape with no dents and scratches.

I went through 3 of them back in 2006...on the third I sold to a co-worker for $400 with 8 months of the warranty left....you get what you pay for.

OMFGWTF said: LMAO. 720P TVs are still made? hahaha.

On a 32" TV you won't notice the difference between 1080P and 720P. 42" and up 1080P makes a difference.

OMFGWTF said: LMAO. 720P TVs are still made? hahaha.

if you're needing a 1080p, why are you even looking for a $400 32" LCD anyway??

azshopper70 said: OMFGWTF said: LMAO. 720P TVs are still made? hahaha.

On a 32" TV you won't notice the difference between 1080P and 720P. 42" and up 1080P makes a difference.

Ever thought maybe 32" also makes perfect size computer monitor ??
Want your monitor to show 1920x1080 or 1366x766 ??

saw this tv today at costco, it was sitting right next to the 32" vizio, honestly, the westinghouse looked better than the vizio. maybe it was the odd angle, and/or the settings?? it was on like a 6ft shelf, so i was looking up at it.

texcc said: "manufacturers of leading HDTV brands are prepping “very aggressive promotions” in the fourth quarter. Patel expects the average price of a 32-inch LCD HDTV to fall 18%, from $725 in fourth-quarter 2007 to $595 in Q4 2008."
-Todd Spangler HD: Will Economy Unplug Set Sales?

They are expected to drop lower than $595 in Q4.

It's even possible that 32-inch LCD TV sets, which now usually cost $600 to $700, will go as low as $350 in stores. That's a significant level: It's close to the long-run average price for a TV in the U.S., Barnes said Tuesday.

Flat-panel TV prices set to dive, analysts say

There were about 4-5 at the Fountain Valley Costco tonight.

Skipping 53 Messages...
dj7houston said: Took a second look at this TV today. Black levels really suck on it, I would hold off on buying it and wait till the name brand TVs hit the $500 shipped mark, which I think should be here by the end of the year.

RE:
Took a second look at this TV today.

So it is in the store still available for $399?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014