• Text Only
Voting History
rated:
FYE/Sam Goody. B&M Only $250 upfront. $100 MIR for a Visa Check Card. $150 + tax on $250 is the end price.

HOTNESS.

Lot numbers at my location were 0812-0814. Benq and falcons. Its modding time.

UPDATE 11/9/08

New rebate dies 11/26 - Tomorrow!!! Still for $100 rebate.

Also, to those with the $10 Bonus Cards. They work on the 1600 Point Xbox Marketplace CARDS!!!. That makes them ~$10.59 a piece. I bought several. They can also be used in the Zune Marketplace as well as for Games for Windows LIVE.

The $10 bonus cards can only be used on taxable GC's so the Zune and Itunes GC's are ineligible.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
um.... i just registered my xbox. why did you need to submit a receipt? i just did it online on there website. pretty sh... (more)

gummybears (Jan. 14, 2009 @ 12:51a) |

That is probably 12 months from the manufacture date which would be based on the serial number. If you need service afte... (more)

BubbaX (Jan. 14, 2009 @ 2:46a) |

Yes Bubba, you are right! That was the reason why i submitted my receipt and was denied!
They also told me that my 3 year... (more)

dmitriy2000 (Jan. 14, 2009 @ 1:45p) |

DEAL SEEMS TO BE B&M ONLY

$100 MIR is for a prepaid Visa card, not cash.

Purchase price is $ 249.99 (plus applicable taxes)
Less $100 MIR

Also stackable with the Buy $40 GC get $10 Bounceback cert (Valid next month)

So you could

Step 1 - Buy $240 in certs...
Get $ 240 GC & $60 in BB Certs ($10 ea non stackable no min purchase)

Step 2 - Buy 20 gig xbox console - $ 249.99 (plux tax)
Pay with $240 GC then balance on CC or whatever

Step 3 - Submit & receive $100 MIR GC
Step 4 - Spend $60 in BB Certs in Nov ($10 at a time) maybe on used games

If you assume receiving the $100 GC and assume u will receive full value for the bouncebacks

Cost is actually $ 90 plus tax(on 250)

Deal is valid thru 11-4... MIR must be post marked by 12-4

Inventories are very limited.... some stores do not carry game consoles... Brentwood MO had 1 -2 left as of 12 PM Friday 10-31-08
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Is it $150 or $250? Either your title or body is wrong. Either that I'm just confused...

looks like a great deal! green for ya


Bmr4life said: Borrowed from SD.

Completely unnecessary, particularly in a title. It provides no useful information and no one cares. One cannot obtain intellectual property ownership over information about a deal, so why bother? To any that claim that it is just being courteous to the poster on the other site, let them simply be content with the old adage "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."

wut the hell is so confusing? it's $150 AR. $250 - $100 MIR = $150 AR. <sighs> Yesterday, there was a report on CNN saying kids these days are becoming less and less intelligent.

lousygolfer said: Bmr4life said: Borrowed from SD.

Completely unnecessary, particularly in a title. It provides no useful information and no one cares. One cannot obtain intellectual property ownership over information about a deal, so why bother? To any that claim that it is just being courteous to the poster on the other site, let them simply be content with the old adage "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."




yesidonoitall said: lousygolfer said: Bmr4life said: Borrowed from SD.

Completely unnecessary, particularly in a title. It provides no useful information and no one cares. One cannot obtain intellectual property ownership over information about a deal, so why bother? To any that claim that it is just being courteous to the poster on the other site, let them simply be content with the old adage "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."





Yes i completely agree to. This is a completely different forum from SD or whatever else.
Why do we need to even say this or give them reps, etc.
If the same person didnot put it out on FW, then anyone can 'copy' that deal here.
And then we don't want the OP at SD to come here and say give me 'thanks' or reps or whatever?

lousygolfer said: Bmr4life said: Borrowed from SD.

Completely unnecessary, particularly in a title. It provides no useful information and no one cares. One cannot obtain intellectual property ownership over information about a deal, so why bother? To any that claim that it is just being courteous to the poster on the other site, let them simply be content with the old adage "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."


You get flammed either way. Decide what you feel like and go.

I learned about it on sd. wouldn't feel right posting here, taking all the credit knowing someone else did the work.

I am not seeing an xbox for $250. Just one for $199, sold out.

dufzor said: I am not seeing an xbox for $250. Just one for $199, sold out.

B&M only

well, you should credit inside the post... no need to put it in the title.
good deal though.

Just checked. It is $249-$50=$199. Or $299-$100=$199. There are different versions, but not $150 after rebate.

rikiaic said: Just checked. It is $249-$50=$199. Or $299-$100=$199. There are different versions, but not $150 after rebate.

lol. dude, we bought 2. i know what i'm talking about. rebate forms printed out showing the $100 offer.

the promo you're refering to is old, dead, and gone

call my FYE and ask them yourself. 678-847-6330

Sorry if this is a dumb question, does this have HDMI? Why can't I find this model here: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/compare101.htm

OP please make it more clear that the $100 MIR is for a prepaid Visa card, not cash.

tjsynkral said: OP please make it more clear that the $100 MIR is for a prepaid Visa card, not cash.

almost the same - watch for an expiration date on the prepaid card, though. You can use these cards for online purchases in most cases.

If I could get my 10% FYE Backstage Pass discount on this, I would do it. But I'm pretty sure consoles are excluded.

lousygolfer said: Bmr4life said: Borrowed from SD.

Completely unnecessary, particularly in a title. It provides no useful information and no one cares. One cannot obtain intellectual property ownership over information about a deal, so why bother? To any that claim that it is just being courteous to the poster on the other site, let them simply be content with the old adage "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."


Tell the book publishers that sued Google and settled today.

Bmr4life said: rikiaic said: Just checked. It is $249-$50=$199. Or $299-$100=$199. There are different versions, but not $150 after rebate.

lol. dude, we bought 2. i know what i'm talking about. rebate forms printed out showing the $100 offer.

the promo you're refering to is old, dead, and gone

call my FYE and ask them yourself. 678-847-6330


Just called. They say its $30 off of Arcade, $50 off of 20 GB model,and $100 off elite. The 20GB is showing as $249.99($199.99), Arcade $199.99($169.99) and Elite $399.99($299.99). But the FYE is lazy and is keen on keeping deals from peoples hands. I once asked them to ring up a Portable DVD player to verify rebate, after it didnt print, they tried to refuse the refund, saying electronics are non-refundable, even though I told the manager, as he was ringing it up, that I just wanted to see if the rebate printed,and if it didnt I didnt want the Portable DVD player. Maybe its YMMV?

OptimusPrime21 said: Sorry if this is a dumb question, does this have HDMI? Why can't I find this model here: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/compare101.htm

Not guaranteed, but its about a 90% chance it will. Just peek through the hole in the box and verify it was made in 2008. Then its a sure thing.

romodome2 said: Bmr4life said: rikiaic said: Just checked. It is $249-$50=$199. Or $299-$100=$199. There are different versions, but not $150 after rebate.

lol. dude, we bought 2. i know what i'm talking about. rebate forms printed out showing the $100 offer.

the promo you're refering to is old, dead, and gone

call my FYE and ask them yourself. 678-847-6330


Just called. They say its $30 off of Arcade, $50 off of 20 GB model,and $100 off elite. The 20GB is showing as $249.99($199.99), Arcade $199.99($169.99) and Elite $399.99($299.99). But the FYE is lazy and is keen on keeping deals from peoples hands. I once asked them to ring up a Portable DVD player to verify rebate, after it didnt print, they tried to refuse the refund, saying electronics are non-refundable, even though I told the manager, as he was ringing it up, that I just wanted to see if the rebate printed,and if it didnt I didnt want the Portable DVD player. Maybe its YMMV?


That's hilarious, I called them this morning and was told what I posted (after seeing it on SD). Then went to the store and bought what I posted. Someone at SD even said it was advertised in the store window (20GB, $150 after $100 rebate)

Their dumbass mod has no problem ripping deals off FW and NOT referencing it. Why should you?

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/topic_view.php?catid=18&threadid=873383&start=0

Edit: seems you're back to crediting SD again. Sorry the SD trolls bullied you successfully.
Have to give you RED for your title still.

For one, the deal is nice if you feel like waiting on the MIR, and two, who really cares where these deals come from or who originally posted them and on what site, odds are, all of you people, just like me, sift through all the deals sites looking for the best ones. No deal site is truly working harder to find deals anyways, most copy and paste, so who cares, QUIT BITCHING

Visa is the same as cash if used properly -- just use it for everyday purchases like gas or groceries.

I've noticed that the Visa card is the norm these days for more and more rebates. I wonder if it has to do with the amount of cash they need to put behind these offers or the hit they take on their yearly balance sheet when they issue rebates. Anyone know? Accounting makes companies do strange things.

Mitch007 said: lousygolfer said: Bmr4life said: Borrowed from SD.

Completely unnecessary, particularly in a title. It provides no useful information and no one cares. One cannot obtain intellectual property ownership over information about a deal, so why bother? To any that claim that it is just being courteous to the poster on the other site, let them simply be content with the old adage "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."


Tell the book publishers that sued Google and settled today.


What does this have to do with the issue of the need (or rather lack thereof) to identify the source of the information for deal posts in the Hot Deals forum?

Bmr4life said: I learned about it on sd. wouldn't feel right posting here, taking all the credit knowing someone else did the work.

What work? It's not like you copied detailed specs lists, personal evaluations, links to reviews, the manufacturer's website or other/related deals from the original poster on SD (who may very well have copied his or her information from somewhere else, anyway). If that was the case, I would understand not wanting to have someone else copy the author's writing, but information is just information. Unless you think of something that's pretty darn clever and funny, the first words for any deal post title should simply be the product's manufacturer and model name.

This obsession with "giving/getting credit" reminds me of watching women's volleyball - a lot of insistance on unnecessary hugging, high-fives, back-patting and butt-slapping every 30 seconds. Do we really need all of this congratulatory happy horse manure?


dipt said: odds are, all of you people, just like me, sift through all the deals sites looking for the best ones.

Actually, I don't. It's bad enough having to run into the few SD-loving weenies who post here all of the time - I have no interest in encountering a lot more of them on their own favorite website.

DaytonDealer said: Visa is the same as cash if used properly -- just use it for everyday purchases like gas or groceries.
But I get 5% CashBack on gas/groceries with my credit card! And you call yourself a FWer?! (j/k)

ktg said: If I could get my 10% FYE Backstage Pass discount on this, I would do it. But I'm pretty sure consoles are excluded.

yep just checked, Game Hardware is excluded.

For $150 I might look into this bad boy.

I completely agree, chances are that SD poster "borrowed" it from somewhere else...

Bmr4life said:
Borrowed from SD.


Completely unnecessary, particularly in a title. It provides no useful information and no one cares. One cannot obtain intellectual property ownership over information about a deal, so why bother? To any that claim that it is just being courteous to the poster on the other site, let them simply be content with the old adage "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."

DontBreakMyTwenty said: I completely agree, chances are that SD poster "borrowed" it from somewhere else...

Bmr4life said:
Borrowed from SD.


Completely unnecessary, particularly in a title. It provides no useful information and no one cares. One cannot obtain intellectual property ownership over information about a deal, so why bother? To any that claim that it is just being courteous to the poster on the other site, let them simply be content with the old adage "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."


Exactly, the SD posters have no guilit or shame ripping off other sites without referencing (even their mods do that, as in that Sear's 40' LCD TV thread copying off FW's). But the moment SD trolls see "their" deals here, they start bullying FW user like Bmr4life with their more than godly attitude.

Really disgusting.

Went today and scored one for $264-$100 rebate in Ann Arbor. $100 rebate printed out at checkout.

Minimo said: Went today and scored one for $264-$100 rebate in Ann Arbor. $100 rebate printed out at checkout.

Were there anymore, could save me some gas if not?

DaytonDealer said: Visa is the same as cash if used properly -- just use it for everyday purchases like gas or groceries.



What would be an incorrect usage?

MacroHard said: DontBreakMyTwenty said: I completely agree, chances are that SD poster "borrowed" it from somewhere else...

Bmr4life said:
Borrowed from SD.


Completely unnecessary, particularly in a title. It provides no useful information and no one cares. One cannot obtain intellectual property ownership over information about a deal, so why bother? To any that claim that it is just being courteous to the poster on the other site, let them simply be content with the old adage "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."


Exactly, the SD posters have no guilit or shame ripping off other sites without referencing (even their mods do that, as in that Sear's 40' LCD TV thread copying off FW's). But the moment SD trolls see "their" deals here, they start bullying FW user like Bmr4life with their more than godly attitude.

Really disgusting.


I never knew I had so much power. To see your responses to what I put in the title was well worth it. I've been laughing all day.



Anyway, glad to see someone else has been able to get in on this great deal.

Bmr4life said: MacroHard said: DontBreakMyTwenty said: I completely agree, chances are that SD poster "borrowed" it from somewhere else...

Bmr4life said:
Borrowed from SD.


Completely unnecessary, particularly in a title. It provides no useful information and no one cares. One cannot obtain intellectual property ownership over information about a deal, so why bother? To any that claim that it is just being courteous to the poster on the other site, let them simply be content with the old adage "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."


Exactly, the SD posters have no guilit or shame ripping off other sites without referencing (even their mods do that, as in that Sear's 40' LCD TV thread copying off FW's). But the moment SD trolls see "their" deals here, they start bullying FW user like Bmr4life with their more than godly attitude.

Really disgusting.


I never knew I had so much power. To see your responses to what I put in the title was well worth it. I've been laughing all day.






If I insulted you and hurt your feeling, I apologize. I never called you names or attacked you, yet you take it so personal like some SD trolls frequent here. Interesting.

If you feel that sorry for another forum and feel the need to be their puppet, go ahead and put the other forum's title in all your titles, so we know how guilty you are postings deals here and keep apologizing to the other forum.

MacroHard said: Bmr4life said: MacroHard said: DontBreakMyTwenty said: I completely agree, chances are that SD poster "borrowed" it from somewhere else...

Bmr4life said:
Borrowed from SD.


Completely unnecessary, particularly in a title. It provides no useful information and no one cares. One cannot obtain intellectual property ownership over information about a deal, so why bother? To any that claim that it is just being courteous to the poster on the other site, let them simply be content with the old adage "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."


Exactly, the SD posters have no guilit or shame ripping off other sites without referencing (even their mods do that, as in that Sear's 40' LCD TV thread copying off FW's). But the moment SD trolls see "their" deals here, they start bullying FW user like Bmr4life with their more than godly attitude.

Really disgusting.


I never knew I had so much power. To see your responses to what I put in the title was well worth it. I've been laughing all day.






If I insulted you and hurt your feeling, I apologize. I never called you names or attacked you, yet you take it so personal like some SD trolls frequent here. Interesting.

If you feel that sorry for another forum and feel the need to be their puppet, go ahead and put the other forum's title in all your titles, so we know how guilty you are postings deals here and keep apologizing to the other forum.


LOL. If anyone took it personal its all the people bitching about my title. Including you. Its my title and I can make it whatever I want as long as FW doesn't say otherwise.

Now lets please get back to this awesome deal.

macro, look at it this way. As long as mindless slave drones from other places keep coming here and posting deals--means less for them, more for us here.

Guess who really loses

Skipping 236 Messages...
Yes Bubba, you are right! That was the reason why i submitted my receipt and was denied!
They also told me that my 3 years warranty for PROD is denied too!!!
FYE sold me used console as brand new!!!



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.