• Go to page :
  • 12 3 4
  • Text Only
markbyte said: Good find! After installing/activating, the subscription expires in 2011.Say what? On 2 machines I see 7/19/2009.

Awsome.. Thanks

It expires in Sep 2011

Ditto to Avast !!!

I run Avast on all my home machines.
Just ran it on a customers machine seriously infected, which had Norton.
Avast found a dozen viruses, especially that nasty Antivirus Trojan that started a few months back.

Avast cleaned them all.
Avast also has a boot time virus checker.

But, this for free is not bad either. I have previously used Trend's PC-Cillin and was also happy with it.

Good Luck

thanks mr. c - i can use this.

how does one uninstall McAfee? so I can install Trend Micro PC.

Keeps asking me for an installation CD.

amannamedhorse said: how does one uninstall McAfee? so I can install Trend Micro PC.

go to CONTROL PANEL>ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS>MCAfee>Remove/Uninstall

dealwagon said: Not to thread crap, just a FWIW if you are not running the latest hardware with 2 Gigs RAM..
We switched from Norton (BLEHGHGGT!!!) to Trend Micro on our 10 PCs. Well, we had to install more ram, as each of them slowed down significantly with Trend Micro installed. We are switching to AVG this year.
If you have the hardware, this is a good deal!

Next year you can try to install NOD32 and sell your RAMs. NOD32 is so ultra light, you dont even feel delay after you install it.
PC-Cilin was a lighter weight AV when compare to Norton. I have not use PC-Cilin 2008, so I cant speak for it. Im still using PC-Cilin 2006, so far the dame software havent expire and keep on updating every 3 days alone with Trend Micro Anti-Spyware.

IMO, Tremd Micro free for a year... this is a steal.

I believe this may be dead because the link the HTC website is now blocked and the codes dont work anymore

Ktremor said: I believe this may be dead because the link the HTC website is now blocked and the codes dont work anymore

nah. you can go to the TrendMicro website and download it and enter the key from the first post, it'll work the same.
the product key is the only thing you need from HTC.

File is HUGE...

I downloaded the free trial from Trend Micro first. Then tried the serial. Crap...This serial does not work for me.

I uninstall my Macafee to get this one. Now no protection ....

2008 PC-cillin Reg/Serial Number: PFEP-9991-7436-4997-1545

enter this to activate when installed and prompted

ramba said: I downloaded the free trial from Trend Micro first. Then tried the serial. Crap...This serial does not work for me.

I uninstall my Macafee to get this one. Now no protection ....

2008 PC-cillin Reg/Serial Number: PFEP-9991-7436-4997-1545

enter this to activate when installed and prompted

Why don't you download and install one of the free ones like AVG or Avast.

Ever wonder why is it free? maybe it's a reason so that they can hack into your machine because they claim that is their AV.

TheFinalProphecy said:
FYI, 2008 serials also work for the 2009 software, so if you download the 2009 "trial" from TrendMicro's web site, you can use your free serial number on it.

And after you install the 2009 version and reboot, you're stuck with this. Have fun with uninstalling and reinstalling.

http://i38.tinypic.com/2wqx01j.png

TheFinalProphecy said: desynced said: I will scan the receipt and post it for you since it's not on your MRI CD. Why would your receipt be on a CD of mine?

Not the receipt, it's the common saying. If the MRI CD doesnt tell them what to do, they are totally lost.

super deal!

I dl'ed it and used the posted serial but after a couple of days I uninstalled it. I didn't like how slow it was at loading up but other than that really didn't have any other issues.

I just got a message that my subscription had expired and could no longer download current updates?? Anyone else experience this? Suggestions??

If you are running XP, some people prefer the 2006 version since it doesn't have the extra baggage associated with taking care of Windows Vista.

GoIrish said: I just got a message that my subscription had expired and could no longer download current updates?? Anyone else experience this? Suggestions??

Same here. Crap!

Mine says expired yesterday.

same here as well.

divinewisdom said: Ktremor said: I believe this may be dead because the link the HTC website is now blocked and the codes dont work anymore

nah. you can go to the TrendMicro website and download it and enter the key from the first post, it'll work the same.
the product key is the only thing you need from HTC.

True you can download and run the program, but you'll get no updates which makes the program of little use.
Trend Micro has deactivated that key for updates.

Yes, They de-activated the keys. I have it on 3 computers. 2 are still working. I guess if you dont use the update button. The other 2 are still activated.

Just curious, those stating it has expired, were yours originaly showing a 09/2011 expiration? Reason I ask is when this was first mentioned mine showed 07/19/2009 and I was surprised people were seeing this.

edit: Also mine updated a couple hours ago. I guess time will tell.

this product sucks. make your computer 90% less efficient. I dumped it. glad didn't spend a penny on it.

benpu said: this product sucks. make your computer 90% less efficient. I dumped it. glad didn't spend a penny on it.

That is what happened the time I bought it (several years ago).

benpu said: this product sucks. make your computer 90% less efficient. I dumped it. glad didn't spend a penny on it.

That is what happened the time I bought it (several years ago).

What a ripoff. When I entered the code, it said 2009. Now it tells me it's expired.

Mine still shows Sept 29, 2011 and it updates w/o problems. This is true on all 3 computers. (Knock on wood)

deal is dead. the key has been deactivated

amannamedhorse said: how does one uninstall McAfee? so I can install Trend Micro PC.
Glad I never got around to uninstalling my McAfee.

mine is dead too!!!!!!

I downloaded it and loved it, but it expired in about a week, said it was good until Sept 2011, anyone know what happened? And if so, how to fix it so I can get it back. I tried to re-download it with no luck. Can anyone help?

gee....
expiration November 15, 2008
kind of pointless but thanks for trying

cpjs4766 said: I downloaded it and loved it, but it expired in about a week, said it was good until Sept 2011, anyone know what happened? And if so, how to fix it so I can get it back. I tried to re-download it with no luck. Can anyone help?

I'm assuming they did not want everyone in the free world to download and use it for free. There was a targeted audience, and we weren't it. Trend Micro probably just changed that serial number to be expired and invalid for updates. At this point, I suspect the only way to get updates is to get another serial number (AKA buy the product).

I have 2 Dell 530 machines in my house. It kinda sucks because it came on my main PC for three years already, but for some reason that number wouldn't install on my other computer. This deal allowed me to install it on my second machine and have the same software running on both. Oh well, easy come...easy go.

I tried your link and access code, but it states it is expired Nov 15th 2008.
Is there a newer code?

time to get the crack...lol

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014