• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Lowe's and Home Depot are once again offering a 10 percent discount on purchases for those in the military community in honor of Veterans Day.

• Home Depot to Offer Military Personnel 10 Percent Discount This Veteran's Day Weekend 11/05/2008
    ATLANTA -- The Home Depot announced that the Company is offering all active duty personnel, reservists, retired military, veterans and their families a 10 percent discount off their purchases in honor of Veteran's Day. The offer is valid on purchases of up to $2,000 for a maximum of $200 between November 6 and November 12, 2008, at The Home Depot stores, The Home Depot Design Center locations, Yardbirds and EXPO Design Center locations.

"Veteran's Day honors the heroic individuals who have served our nation and have made tremendous sacrifices to protect our freedoms," said Frank Blake, chairman and CEO. "We are proud to show our appreciation with the Veteran's Day discount as it is a simple, yet meaningful, gesture to say thank you to these men and women who have protected and continue to protect our nation."

To qualify, individuals must present proof of military service when checking out and discounts will be taken at the register.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

Great, forgot about this sale. 10% is fairly lukewarm since they offer that fairly frequently, but we just closed on our place today and need to buy a bunch of stuff this weekend.

Home Depot in MI ALWAYS offers 10% discount with ID for active duty or retired military.

DaytonDealer said: Great, forgot about this sale. 10% is fairly lukewarm since they offer that fairly frequently, but we just closed on our place today and need to buy a bunch of stuff this weekend.

It's pretty hot since you don't need to bring in a coupon. Both HD and Lowes tend to be hardcore on coupons that don't scan these days, citing all the coupon fraud that goes on at eb*y.

Lowe's also has 10% off of most appliances in stock this weekend . . . maybe a good time to buy

I always buy during the offer. Need some boards for shelves in the garage.

What constitutes ID? CAC card?

purduephotog asked:
I don't know what a CAC card is. My "proof of military service" is a United States Uniformed Services Identification Card. If you don't have one, I would guess you don't qualify.

vsfoxe said: purduephotog asked:
I don't know what a CAC card is. My "proof of military service" is a United States Uniformed Services Identification Card. If you don't have one, I would guess you don't qualify.

And if you don't know what a CAC is, are you really in the military? BTW, it's called CAC and not CAC card, otherwise it would be a Common Access Card card

Good deal, thanks

CAC cards usually are accepted everywhere I go

purduephotog said: What constitutes ID? CAC card?

CAC is the only ID unless you're inactive reserve, a retiree, or a spouse/dependent.

I still have my military ID card from 34 years ago. Would that be good enough proof?

DD form 2

Flashed my expired ID with no problems, cut the tax off and gave me a 1.75% discount on top of that.

Well,
I didnt' even have to flash my ID. I just asked and they all gave the discount to me when I was there.

suntex said: Well,
I didnt' even have to flash my ID. I just asked and they all gave the discount to me when I was there.

Hey....my son thought it was pretty cool...flashing my ID "like the FBI does" was his comment..

ksullivanbaker said: Home Depot in MI ALWAYS offers 10% discount with ID for active duty or retired military.

Same for Lowe's (at least our local one in PA). My dad was in the Marines during Vietnam and the store manager confirmed that he gets 10% off ANY purchase (well, I'm not sure about Special Orders, but definitely any in-stock purchase). He has used the discount numerous times.

Lowe's let me use it yesterday. They said an e-mail came down and ANY time it was asked for to give it. I didn't even have to flash my ID...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014