• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Went to Dick's today to buy some of the 9mm/40cal that was on sale, turns out they're pretty much sold out company wide, the manager said a company email went out this morning saying their warehouse was empty, but you can get rain checks. I know these arent the best prices ever, but ammo/guns are flying off shelves so this is a hot deal.

9mm, $8.98/box/case
40s/w $14.98/box/case
Shotgun Shells 8pk, $4.98 after rebate

Dicks is also running a rebate right now:
Spend $100 - $249.99 Get $10 GC
Spend $250 - $549.99 Get $20 GC
Spend $550 - + Get $40 GC

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Please keep this on topic without the political comments one way or the other.

An even better deal if you have the coaches coupon (Google it) for $10 off $25.

Not trying to steal the thread...but...Looking to get first gun for the house. Live in a secluded area. Thinking Mossberg, any suggestions, ideas on prices, models?

ggrr8t said: Not trying to steal the thread...but...Looking to get first gun for the house. Live in a secluded area. Thinking Mossberg, any suggestions, ideas on prices, models?

If you have a Big 5 Sporting goods store in your area, that's where you'll get the best deal on Mossberg shotguns. They regularly have 'em on sale. They have a combo that comes w a 18" and 28" barrels. It's been as low as $200, but lately it's low is $240. The security models have room for more shells, so that's the models you'll want to check out if you're expecting a zombie attack. They run around $320.

ggrr8t said: Not trying to steal the thread...but...Looking to get first gun for the house. Live in a secluded area. Thinking Mossberg, any suggestions, ideas on prices, models?

There are other forums out there arguably better then FW for this discussion. However, my 2 cents: Springfield XD .45 with a thumb safety. First gun for learning to shoot: a .22.

Home safety: shotgun with birdshot, as nothing will scare an intruder more than a shotgun being racked, and birdshot will not penetrate walls causing "collateral" damage.

My advice: work with a reputable retailer who will work with you and explain the negatives and positives. Take lessons. Try out several before buying. Lock them up in a secure, bolted down gun safe. This is not an inexpensive proposition, as you will need to spend lots of money to practice and maintain your skill level.

It's probably best to secure/harden your home with an excellent alarm system and things like lighting, non-pickable locks and unbreakable window laminates before you consider a firearm. Firearms can only protect if you are aware of something and when you're home.

I have a Springfield XDM I just bought this summer. It's fantastic. I think they're only available in .40 but I could be wrong.

If you want a shotgun, this has been talked about before on FW, but you can't go wrong with a Remington 870. Cheap and reliable. I think just about every hunter/gun collector I know has one.

also remember finding a Remington amo and gun rebate form that was pdf
http://www.remington.com/library/promotions/2008_load_up_on_savings.asp

dlsublett said: also remember finding a Remington amo and gun rebate form that was pdf
http://www.remington.com/library/promotions/2008_load_up_on_savings.asp

Does that rebate work on this ammo?

Does that rebate work on this ammo?

No, the handgun ammo is not included in the rebate.

"Dicks is also running a rebate right now:
Spend $550 - + Get $40 GC"

Is this a coupon or just by using your scorecard?

lostDuck said: "Dicks is also running a rebate right now:
Spend $550 - + Get $40 GC"

Is this a coupon or just by using your scorecard?
They have a rebate behind the gun counter

thanks OP, im always looking for decent 9mm ammo onsale to shoot at the range. whitebox rem fits the bill!

no disrespect to jonnashville, but i suggest for home defense a 12 gauge, 18in barrel loaded with double ought buck (not bird). nothing will survive the 00 buck. if your life is in danger, you dont want (unfortunately) anyone to survive to possibly inflict further harm on you or your family. you will still get a fairly compact spread, but the damage will be critical. mossberg def makes a reasonably priced model (maybe 550...) that fits those specs.

pistol: i dont think much beats a glock. you can get ANY replacement part without going to a gunsmith, there are only a few companies that allow the layperson/gun owner to order ANY replacement part. thats how i want it in case things become difficult. i love the g19 i have.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014