• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I searched and couldnt find any recent posts about this. My wife just signed up and it offered her 3 months. This is for new Prime accounts only. So if you have signed up for Prime before you can't take advantage unfortunately.

Amazon Prime

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Thx for the tip!

sublog (Dec. 16, 2008 @ 3:23p) |

Same here, maybe it's dead now

viptext (Dec. 18, 2008 @ 9:29a) |

edited

kcaz007 (Dec. 19, 2008 @ 10:29a) |

My wife has an existing account. She added items to her cart and started proceeding through checkout. Toward the end of check out she was offered the 3 month trial.


Just an FYI for anyone that has used their Prime trial before and now dont qualify for the new 3 months. If you have a family member that has an Amazon account have them sign up for this offer. They allow up to 4 family members to share the Prime benefits. My wife sent me an invite and although I had already used my Prime trial it allowed me to be added to her Prime account as a beneficiary. So I can use her Prime benefits on my own Amazon.com account!

UPDATE, THREE MONTH FREE TRIAL IS BACK AS OF DECEMBER 13
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

shows up as 1 month for me with new account

It was only one month when I signed up on the 11th ... maybe just for new Amazon accounts???

My wife has had an Amazon.com account for a while. She said that it was offered to her when she was checking out buying a luggage carrier for our car. I just put up the link directly to the Prime. Maybe it only works when you check out?

I've been a member of Amazon for years and it worked for me. Now I don't have to be pressured into buying $25 worth of stuff every time, well at least for the next 3 months anyways! Cool thing also, you can turn off the "automatic renewal after 3 months" where they charge your credit card $79 if you don't cancel it. It's in your account section after you join, so no need to cancel after the 3 months, it will automatically just stop at that time. Thanks OP.

1-mo for me. i'm a former 'prime'r
register under a diff. email addy.

1 month only here

Never had Prime before (but I am a Amazon member) and I only get the 1 month offer....
I even tried to checkout with a purchase and still a no-go. So I see this as a YMMV.

Wizardfl said: Never had Prime before (but I am a Amazon member) and I only get the 1 month offer....
I even tried to checkout with a purchase and still a no-go. So I see this as a YMMV.


same for me, I only got 1 month... still 1 month free is not bad. Thanks!

Well I give op props for mentioning prime even though I already have prime. I clicked on the link anyways and noticed it said you can share prime with family.. What the.. I did not know you can share prime.

We were unable to start your Amazon Prime free trial because our records indicate that you are currently or have previously been a paid or trial member of Amazon Prime. Free trials are currently available to new members only, but you may sign up at our regular rate of $79/year to enjoy Free Two-Day Shipping.

awesome! scored 1 month only, but great for holiday shopping during the weeks to come.

Just 1 month offer here, ILIKETATERS what did your wife buy? maybe it is for specified category??

Previous Prime user here and no go for me without getting charged full price .

stereo55 said: Previous Prime user here and no go for me without getting charged full price .

same here

tried several existing accounts, 1-month trial for 1 and no-go for others. Created a brand new account and no-go too.

miserly said: stereo55 said: Previous Prime user here and no go for me without getting charged full price .

same here


ditto!

We were unable to start your Amazon Prime free trial because our records indicate that you are currently or have previously been a paid or trial member of Amazon Prime. Free trials are currently available to new members only, but you may sign up at our regular rate of $79/year to enjoy Free Two-Day Shipping.

Will try for new account around Nov 24 in case i need it for last minute gift!

Thanks . Signed up with new e-mail adr, and got 1 month.

just signed up. only offered 1 month.

Thanks Jules. I didnt realize that they automatically renewed your trial account so I had already been charged $79 for the renewal, which I did not want.

I went in and cancelled it, so you may have saved me $79!

julesingeorgia said: I've been a member of Amazon for years and it worked for me. Now I don't have to be pressured into buying $25 worth of stuff every time, well at least for the next 3 months anyways! Cool thing also, you can turn off the "automatic renewal after 3 months" where they charge your credit card $79 if you don't cancel it. It's in your account section after you join, so no need to cancel after the 3 months, it will automatically just stop at that time. Thanks OP.

Got a month. Thanks

FrugalFreak said: Just 1 month offer here, ILIKETATERS what did your wife buy? maybe it is for specified category??

She bought a luggage kit for the top of the SUV. It is a bag, luggage rails and tie downs.

One month offer for me too.

Created account, got 1 month.
Invited my existing account to use Prime on my main account.

Thanks,
M

Amazon Prime allows you to share your account with up to four "family members". My account is up for annual renewal again in about one week and I'm looking for additional "family members" to share with me. I have done this in the past and currently have four people I'm sharing with now with no issues. If you're interested the price is $16 for one year (normal price is $79) via paypal. Please email me at sotie1 at gmail dot com for more details.

Amazon Prime allows you to share your account with up to four "family members". My account is up for annual renewal again in about one week and I'm looking for additional "family members" to share with me. I have done this in the past and currently have four people I'm sharing with now with no issues. If you're interested the price is $16 for one year (normal price is $79) via paypal. Please email me at sotie1 at gmail dot com for more details.

has to be same household ?! doesn't it?

No, your family members can have shipping addresses anywhere in the US. You can even call customer service and they will tell you the same thing.

MISURICK said: has to be same household ?! doesn't it?

No, my "family" memebers consist of individuals from here on FW that I've never even shared a meal with.

A great way to enjoy a years worth of Amazon Prime.

sotie said: Amazon Prime allows you to share your account with up to four "family members". My account is up for annual renewal again in about one week and I'm looking for additional "family members" to share with me. I have done this in the past and currently have four people I'm sharing with now with no issues. If you're interested the price is $16 for one year (normal price is $79) via paypal.

It seems like Sotie's all slots are taken. If you are interested in joining, send me a PM and five of us can start a new one.

Wizardfl said: Never had Prime before (but I am a Amazon member) and I only get the 1 month offer....
I even tried to checkout with a purchase and still a no-go. So I see this as a YMMV.


ditto

Teletubbie said: sotie said: Amazon Prime allows you to share your account with up to four "family members". My account is up for annual renewal again in about one week and I'm looking for additional "family members" to share with me. I have done this in the past and currently have four people I'm sharing with now with no issues. If you're interested the price is $16 for one year (normal price is $79) via paypal.

It seems like Sotie's all slots are taken. If you are interested in joining, send me a PM and five of us can start a new one.


The first two people to respond with a PM will get the remaining two openings.

- deleted--

I am intereted in going in on a Prime Membership. If anyone is looking for a "family Member", please pm me. Thanks!

Some how I can still get 3 Month free trial. I have 2 Amazon accounts, one shows 1 month trial only while the other one shows 3 months. I just signed up and I did get 3 month free trial. My Prime Membership will expire Feb 27 2009!! Thanks op for the info.

were we still finding family members? i know cag did this for awhile...

ajmrn30 said: MISURICK said: has to be same household ?! doesn't it?

No, my "family" memebers consist of individuals from here on FW that I've never even shared a meal with.

A great way to enjoy a years worth of Amazon Prime.


not even a Thanksgiving? (meal)

thanks

Skipping 13 Messages...
edited



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014