• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I just picked this up today at my local costco in south NJ.

$7-iTunes $60 Card pack-Final cost: $49.99

$100-Vizio 37" LCD HDTV-Item# 335037
$50-KitchenAid Stand Mixer Professional HD Series-Final cost: $229.99
$20-Buy any 2 HP ink catridge packs or any 2 HP toners
$40-HP C5550 AIO Printer-Final cost: $74.99
$30-Philips Norelco Arcitec razor-Final cost: $119.99
$40-SmartParts 10.4" Digital picture frame-Final cost: $99.99

$30-Olympus FE-370 8MP digital camera-Final cost: $119.99
$300-Sharp Aquos 65" 1080p LCD HDTV-Item# 656554
$30-Western Digital Elite 320GB Portable hard drive-Final cost: $89.99

$300-Sharp Aquos 52" 1080p LCD HDTV-Item# 520055
$70-Samsung 23" Widescreen PC Monitor-Final cost: $259.99
$50-Megellan RM 1212 3.5 Portable GPS-Final cost: $99.99

$20-Vtech DECT 6.0 3-Headset Cordless Phone-Final cost: $39.99
$20-iHome iH27 Portable iPod Speaker system-Final cost: $49.99
$40-SanDisk Sansa Fuze 8GB MP3 Player-Final cost: $59.99
$40-Skyline Tuscany TV stand-Final cost: $159.99

Up to 50% SanDisk
$12.50-2GB SD Ultra II 2 pk
$10-4GB SDHC 2pk
$14-2GB Micro SD 2pk
$15-4GB Ultra II CF
$20-16GB Cruzer Micro
$15-4GB/3pk USB Drives

$3-American Essentials Microfleece-Final cost: $9.99 for top and $8.99 for pant
$3-Colorado Clothing Fleece Lounge Pant-Final cost: $6.99
$15-Kenneth Cole Ladies and/or Men's Watch-Final cost: $34.99
$3-Gloria Vanderbilt Ladies' Perfect Fit Jean-Final cost: $13.99
$3-Dearfoams Ladies Sueded Clog-Final cost: $7.99
$3-Hot Sox Ladies' Socks-Final cost: $9.99

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Thanks, u2head8

AbbyNormal (Nov. 20, 2008 @ 11:20a) |

Some Costco's in the Houston area were offering $25 AMEX GC for signing up. I received a coupon from AMEX for the same. ... (more)

Shaksdeals (Nov. 20, 2008 @ 2:48p) |

Wow - I'm certainly glad I asked! There are a lot of really good suggestions here!! I got the Geico thing to work as f... (more)

bjigge (Nov. 20, 2008 @ 10:40p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

Thanks for the effort!

Thank you, OP!!

I'm planning on getting a membership, probably executive, at Costco very soon. Does anybody know if there any advantage to getting the membership set up the same day as a first purchase? Such as, do they hand you some extra "deal" for your first purchase, perhaps needing to be used that day?

$30-Philips Norelco Arcitec razor-Final cost: $119.99

Looks like a pretty good deal. Macy's flyer had on sale for $189.

$300-Sharp Aquos 52" 1080p LCD HDTV

right now, its going for 1500 with 300 off.

does that mean it'll sell for 1200 during those two days?

bjigge said: Thank you, OP!!

I'm planning on getting a membership, probably executive, at Costco very soon. Does anybody know if there any advantage to getting the membership set up the same day as a first purchase? Such as, do they hand you some extra "deal" for your first purchase, perhaps needing to be used that day?

Not to my knowledge, but I first joined 9 years ago so it's possible things have changed since.

taimaixu said: $300-Sharp Aquos 52" 1080p LCD HDTV

It doesn't give the final cost but the item # for this TV is diff from the 1 online. Item #520055.

u2head8 said: $50-KitchenAid Stand Mixer Professional HD Series-Final cost: $229.99Finally, someone's making a High Definition mixer!

(I really, really hope they've got some better reason for the naming scheme than "people will buy any crap you care to sell as long as you put "HD" after the name..")

Does "heavy duty" come to mind?

Nally said: u2head8 said: $50-KitchenAid Stand Mixer Professional HD Series-Final cost: $229.99Finally, someone's making a High Definition mixer!

(I really, really hope they've got some better reason for the naming scheme than "people will buy any crap you care to sell as long as you put "HD" after the name..")

Amazing. Try using your brain, if you have one.

not that I have ever encountered. However if someone refers you, you and that person do get a free pizza (depending on the location).

Get the executive mem'ship combined with the TrueEarnings AMEX card and get 5% rebate on Costco gas(2% Costco and 3% AMEX), and 1,2,3% AMEX rebate on much more. $100 for both and you'll get much more than that in Costco rebate (2-3% of purchases) Jb

jblank001 said: Get the executive mem'ship combined with the TrueEarnings AMEX card and get 5% rebate on Costco gas(2% Costco and 3% AMEX), and 1,2,3% AMEX rebate on much more. $100 for both and you'll get much more than that in Costco rebate (2-3% of purchases) Jb only for costco AMEX business card (not personal cards). Details here
Not sure if the executive 2% rebate is available if you use the AMEX trueearnings card.

how cheap are you really?

bjigge: how cheap are you really?

Nally said: u2head8 said: $50-KitchenAid Stand Mixer Professional HD Series-Final cost: $229.99Finally, someone's making a High Definition mixer!

I would guess HD means Heavy Duty in this case.

is that 23" samsung monitor a good deal?

New Memberships...

Last year when I signed up, I signed up and mentioned a friend's name... we got a $15 gift card and they got a $15 gift card. I don't know if they are doing that again this year, but it was basically free money. It's a referral bonus.

dupe

jblank001 said: Get the executive mem'ship combined with the TrueEarnings AMEX card and get 5% rebate on Costco gas(2% Costco and 3% AMEX), and 1,2,3% AMEX rebate on much more. $100 for both and you'll get much more than that in Costco rebate (2-3% of purchases) Jb
I have a Costco Exec membership and never gotten 2% on my gas purchases...if you look at the T&C on their web-site, gas and food court purchases are excluded.

Here's the link to what taimaixu is talking about: Text

taimaixu said: $300-Sharp Aquos 52" 1080p LCD HDTV

Thanks for all the great advice on opening & maximizing a membership!! Our area just got its first Costco a few months ago, so this is very helpful.

Getting the Costco AMEX card seems like the way to go, whether or not there's an additional gas discount.

And thanks again, OP, for typing up that long list!

I don't know if the new Houston location(Richmond Ave.) is still running the promotion now, but you can check with it to see if a new membership card will come with an AX gift card. That was the promotion when it opened three weeks ago.......of course, this only works for you if you live here in the #1 city - Houston

Thanks, appleliu! That would be sweet! I'll ask about it... unfortunately, I'm nowhere nearby Houston - unlucky not only for that, but because it's getting downright cold outside, too!!

AAlison said: jblank001 said: Get the executive mem'ship combined with the TrueEarnings AMEX card and get 5% rebate on Costco gas(2% Costco and 3% AMEX), and 1,2,3% AMEX rebate on much more. $100 for both and you'll get much more than that in Costco rebate (2-3% of purchases) Jb
I have a Costco Exec membership and never gotten 2% on my gas purchases...if you look at the T&C on their web-site, gas and food court purchases are excluded.

Rules has changed recently, I know for sure that gas earn 3%, not sure about the food court though.

What does the following means? "$7-iTunes $60 Card pack-Final cost: $49.99"

hdlz said: AAlison said: jblank001 said: Get the executive mem'ship combined with the TrueEarnings AMEX card and get 5% rebate on Costco gas(2% Costco and 3% AMEX), and 1,2,3% AMEX rebate on much more. $100 for both and you'll get much more than that in Costco rebate (2-3% of purchases) Jb

Rules has changed recently, I know for sure that gas earn 3%, not sure about the food court though.

People seem to be talking past each other. The Costco AMEX card does earn 3% back on gas. The food court may not accept the AMEX (I've only seen people pay cash) but if it does, then it most likely will give 1% back. The Costco executive membership DOES NOT earn 2% Cash Back on food court or gas purchases as mentioned earlier. Here is the exclusions for the 2% back on the Exec membership:

Rewards are not calculated: (i) on purchases of cigarettes or tobacco-related products, Costco Cash Cards, postage stamps, and alcoholic beverages in certain states, including Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, Ohio, and Michigan; (ii) on membership fees and purchases not recorded through Costco’s front-end registers, such as services, travel, auto program, and purchases at gas stations and Food Courts; (iii) on third-party insurance payments; (iv) on miscellaneous fees, deposits and taxes, including sales tax; (v) where prohibited by law or regulation; (vi) on purchases made by anyone other than the account’s primary or primary household cardholder; (vii) on certain other categories as determined at Costco’s discretion.

bjigge said: Getting the Costco AMEX card seems like the way to go, whether or not there's an additional gas discount.

The Costco AMEX card does give a gas discount of 3% (excluding gas purchased at warehouse clubs other than Costco, superstores or supermarkets).

So to sum up, if you go whole hog and get the Exec membership and Costco AMEX card you can get 3% off costco gas (only AMEX)and 3% off any purchases at Costco. (2%exec membership plus 1% AMEX)

mastavic said: What does the following means? "$7-iTunes $60 Card pack-Final cost: $49.99"

The iTunes cards currently sell for $56.99, value of the cards is $60 (I think it's 4x$15). With the additional $7 off, selling price is $49.99.

mastavic said: What does the following means? "$7-iTunes $60 Card pack-Final cost: $49.99"

I assume the current price is $57 for a $60 I tunes gift card and the coupon takes another $7 off making it $49.99

Tmoney02 said: mastavic said: What does the following means? "$7-iTunes $60 Card pack-Final cost: $49.99"

I assume the current price is $57 for a $60 I tunes gift card and the coupon takes another $7 off making it $49.99
Can an itunes gift card be used towards payment of a mac ?

kringan said: Tmoney02 said: mastavic said: What does the following means? "$7-iTunes $60 Card pack-Final cost: $49.99"

Can an itunes gift card be used towards payment of a mac ?

Hmm.. NO.. not unless iTunes music store starts selling MACs.

If you want something extra, check out leverage card. I got a Costco $50 GC thru them, used it to renew my membership a couple months back. You can use the $50 GC towards a new/renewal standard or exec. membership. I just read my quote below, and looks like you can order 2, get two sets of coupons, and use both towards an exec membership. I'll be using them again next time I renew. When I used mine last time, I think I got about $35 value, and didn't use all the Q's.

Here's a quote from their site; "The coupons include 3 FREE items (a rotisserie chicken, a two-pound bag of coffee, and 50 digital prints from their 1-Hour Photo department) and 6 other discounts on Staples including fresh meat, salad, bottled water, cookies and pizza. *One coupon booklet for every certificate purchased."

When I previewed this, looks like FW changed the staple s to a Staples link.

Free pizza

The in store model is not the same and is currently $1599 or $1699 I think. I believe this TV will be $1399 or $1299 on Black Friday unless there's a price adjustment. The bottom is straight across.

BigDfromWA said: If you want something extra, check out leverage card. I got a Costco $50 GC thru them, used it to renew my membership a couple months back. You can use the $50 GC towards a new/renewal standard or exec. membership. I just read my quote below, and looks like you can order 2, get two sets of coupons, and use both towards an exec membership. I'll be using them again next time I renew. When I used mine last time, I think I got about $35 value, and didn't use all the Q's.

Here's a quote from their site; "The coupons include 3 FREE items (a rotisserie chicken, a two-pound bag of coffee, and 50 digital prints from their 1-Hour Photo department) and 6 other discounts on Staples including fresh meat, salad, bottled water, cookies and pizza. *One coupon booklet for every certificate purchased."

When I previewed this, looks like FW changed the staple s to a Staples link.

My employer gives us access to a special discount web site and they also offer this Costco membership card for $50 with the same book of free coupons. It clearly states you can buy 2 for Exec membership and I assume get 2 sets of coupons. People at work said they used it with no problem. One person said they avoided sales tax that they would normally pay (about $3.50) so not bad considering the free coupons. I was going to order one soon even though my membership doesn't expire until May.

Right on!

I let my executive membership expire and just signed up again because they opened a COSCO a couple of miles from my house. They were giving away $10 cash cards for the regular membership and $20 cash cards for the executive membership. I had to sign up as a new member rather than re-activate my old membership to get the $cash card.

as executive member, you don't get the 2% costco Cash Back on gas purchase.

jblank001 said: Get the executive mem'ship combined with the TrueEarnings AMEX card and get 5% rebate on Costco gas(2% Costco and 3% AMEX), and 1,2,3% AMEX rebate on much more. $100 for both and you'll get much more than that in Costco rebate (2-3% of purchases) Jb

robstrash said: My employer gives us access to a special discount web site and they also offer this Costco membership card for $50 with the same book of free coupons. It clearly states you can buy 2 for Exec membership and I assume get 2 sets of coupons. People at work said they used it with no problem. One person said they avoided sales tax that they would normally pay (about $3.50) so not bad considering the free coupons. I was going to order one soon even though my membership doesn't expire until May.That is correct. The only downside is that most of the clubs don't seem to know that these can be used for renewals, no less to upgrade to executive. However, I did get it to work.

Skipping 19 Messages...
Wow - I'm certainly glad I asked! There are a lot of really good suggestions here!! I got the Geico thing to work as far as signing up and finding/printing the offer.

Thanks to all this great advice, I stopped at the local Costco. They're offering the $10/$20 cash cards right now for signups. And, if I understood this correctly, if you get the Executive and don't earn at least $50 with the 2% back, they will bring it up to that (first year only.)

I hadn't seen the $40 in free products post yet before I went there. Seems unlikely they'd honor that AND the $20 cash card, and either one seems like a very good deal. I probably wouldn't need/use some of the $40 "stuff" so it'd probably be about a wash with the $20 for me.

I have no doubt I'll be joining Costco very soon. Having so much info has really helped me make, and know that I'm making, the best choice - thanks, everybody!!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014