• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Spend the money and go to a good mechanic. I trust my mechanic and would never take my car to a $1.95 oil change. It's not a good idea! This is one of the things that you shouldn't be cheap on. /rant

That price is to entice you to bring the car in. Then they try to tach on more charges. e.g you need new brakes or alignment or tires or new air filter or cabin filter ..... you get the idea.

omjeremy said: Spend the money and go to a good mechanic. I trust my mechanic and would never take my car to a $1.95 oil change. It's not a good idea! This is one of the things that you shouldn't be cheap on. /rant

What are you talking about? This is a Nissan dealership. This is obviously a promo.

our local dealer uses a synthetic blend oil and charges 17.99 and for that price i will take my car regularly for service. Don't you expect them to point out other recommended services and try and lure you over to look at the new 09's

part of the fun

Is this only for Nissans?

FW to the rescue. Sure cheaper than the oil filter that I don't have.

Edit: deal is dead; coupon expired in November.

From the other locked thread.

nocreditcarddebt said: I have done this and can confirm it works. $2.40 with tax. Made an appointment, took about an hour on my Nissan 350Z. I went while the 370Z and NNA were there so I had something to do.

ajbozz said: Definitely not a typo. I got it on my truck yesterday. $2.05 with tax. You have to ask for it when you go in though or they will charge you normal. I was dreading the call telling me that I needed new brakes, wipers, headlights, etc. But nope only a call to come pick up my car after work. I checked and it was a new oil filter and the oil looked clean when I got home.

Both posted 12-16-08

All this after this

nocreditcarddebt said: FW to the rescue. Sure cheaper than the oil filter that I don't have.

Why would a senior member, nocreditcarddebt, post his above 2 posts without referencing?
Why would a noob post a different final $ value - he got caught. LOL

nocreditcarddebt said: FW to the rescue. Sure cheaper than the oil filter that I don't have.

Hmh, the link still works and there's no print of expiration.
Obviously it is a catch for more business to the dealership.

The deal is BACK.....

Now expires 2/28/2009

Does any one have the printed coupon? if so, can you please scan & upload the coupan.
Please i nedd it very immdtly..

Thanks,
Anbu.bala

does anyone have the printed coupan ?, If so, can you please scan & upload the printed coupan.
Thanks,
Anbu.Bala

Wads said: our local dealer uses a synthetic blend oil and charges 17.99 and for that price i will take my car regularly for service. Don't you expect them to point out other recommended services and try and lure you over to look at the new 09's

part of the fun

Synthetic blend is a scam. 15% synthetic. The vast majority of dino oil. Your paying for quality synthetic and only getting 15% dino. A widely available group 4 (a true true synthetic) is Mobile 1. All other that claim to be true are only group III.

omjeremy said: Spend the money and go to a good mechanic. I trust my mechanic and would never take my car to a $1.95 oil change. It's not a good idea! This is one of the things that you shouldn't be cheap on. /rant

The Geffen good rears its ugly head

Fwiw I just took them up on this offer and it is legit. Plus the service operation is top notch (and the dealership in general).

Normally there's very little "good" to say about any car dealership, but this one I recommend.

PDS

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014