• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Searched hotdeals but couldn't find this listed...so here it goes.

URL:http://secure.magicjack.com/my/blackfriday.html

I logged into my MagicJack account and see the below offer thrown:

What you pay every other day_______________What you pay Today Only(11/28/08)

(For new MagicJack services )

$39.99__________________________________$29.99 MagicJack + 1 year plan You love your MagicJack. Now order more for your friends and family at this one time only sale price.

OR SAVE EVEN MORE...

$139.94_________________________________$89.94 MagicJack + Five Year Plan
Choose this package if you want to order new magicJacks, each with a Five Year Plan. *Each order of $89.94 includes (1) MagicJack and (1) Five Year Plan of Free Local and Long Distance Calling.

* S/H is + $7 for new connections

(For existing cusotmers)

$99.95___________________________________$59.95 for 1 Five Year Plan
Only use this option if you have already received and registered your MagicJack. *Limit one Five Year Plan per MagicJack.

My guess is that you already need to have an existing MagicJack service to order the first 2 services for others/friends as i dont see this offer on MagicJack front page

Note: This is different from the RadioShack offer as it matches only first offer from above.I will upload the screenshot in a shortwhile.
Sorry for the problem with formatting...a newbie

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Thanks for the update.I think MJ made that decision as I didn't call/chat and when I checked my account ..I have 1(Curre... (more)

jimshopping (Dec. 05, 2008 @ 5:05p) |

Man, after all that time wasted the other day I just checked my account and they changed it to 2013 as well. Man, do I h... (more)

Parli (Dec. 06, 2008 @ 6:47a) |

thank god they ponied up to their deceptive marketing and fixed the 5 year plan to actually include 5 years. I got mine... (more)

discounteggroll (Dec. 07, 2008 @ 2:41p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Radio Shack has this now for $29.99 which includes 1 year.

Your link is for those with an account, it appears.
Odd that they would have an offer for new customers hidden behind a required logon.
I went to their front page, but there is no Black Friday special.
The only thing I can think of is that this is "referral" special, and you only get it with an existing customer's invite.

Is that the case?

Got one on eBay for $24.50 with instant MSLCB 30% off.
Also found the Linksys PAP2 unlocked for $14 after CB.

Correct.

When I went ahead with the 29.99 offer , it doesnt allow me to refer someone external(through an email or URL with random referral number)but instead order it straight away by providing credit card and billing address details which ofcourse can belong to the receiver.

JSquare293 said: Got one on eBay for $24.50 with instant MSLCB 30% off.
Also found the Linksys PAP2 unlocked for $14 after CB.

What will you do with Linksys? Can you port it with MagicJack making it standalone?

My guess is you meant to use it with GC & gizmo project.

Thanks OP...

Anyone knows ans, to this..

My 1st year service is good till Jul-2009...
If I get the 5 Year plan of $59.95 will it start once I finish my 1st year (means from Aug.01-2009 to Jul 31-2014) or it would start from Jul-2008-June 2013?

jimshopping said: Thanks OP...

If I get the 5 Year plan of $59.95 will it start once I finish my 1st year (means from Aug.01-2009 to Jul 31-2014) or it would start from Jul-2008-June 2013?

sorry to say this but I smell another sunrocket fiasco here. I was so willing to try this device but was hesitant after losing my last 10 months in the sunrocket crapola. Today, MagicJack trying lure people into longer contracts makes m believe that they won't be around for much longer and trying to get as much money as possible as quickly as possible.

Can you Fax with these?
Anyone had any luck?
I have Vonage,it is hit or miss

mminauro1 said: Can you Fax with these?
Anyone had any luck?
I have Vonage,it is hit or miss

I have had the same experiance with MagicJack . It still is good quality though for the sound. I did the reup for the 5yr plan. Thanks OP.
great deal

Buying a 5-year plan for something like this is just asking for it. I bought one today @ RatShack mainly for traveling overseas (if it works) and I had a $10 coupon to burn. Highly doubtful they'll be around in 5 years if they continue with their business plan.

Just bought the five year plan. I have been using this for almost two year and am very happy about it. I have HP thin client configured for this so that it can be on all the times. It can do fax also. I just scan the documents and fax from my computer.

I'm ascared to buy more than 1 year at a time. Hope I'm wrong.

zapjb said: I'm ascared to buy more than 1 year at a time. Hope I'm wrong.

Yeah, are you sure it will survive for another 5 years? he

ItsJustDon said: Radio Shack has this now for $29.99 which includes 1 year.

I just called Radio Shack, they said its 29.99 but the one year subscription has to be bought separately which is 19.99, is that correct ?

you get automatic 1yr when you buy it after the first year is over its 19.99 a year

The $29.99 deal is now shown on MJ soft phone pad front page.

have u been successful in connecting linksys pap2 to Magic Jack ? does it work, i grabbed the Magic Jack from Radio Shack if the linksys pap2 (unlocked ) will work, its great.

TheNomad said: jimshopping said: Thanks OP...

sorry to say this but I smell another sunrocket fiasco here. I was so willing to try this device but was hesitant after losing my last 10 months in the sunrocket crapola. Today, MagicJack trying lure people into longer contracts makes m believe that they won't be around for much longer and trying to get as much money as possible as quickly as possible.

I too have been using the MJ for the past two years and it has been working flawless. Lets see, before I got the MJ, I was paying $36 a month for phone services. That means over time the MJ has saved me about $830 from what I had been paying to my local landline carrier. I just bought the $59, 5yr extension, and even if the company goes under tomorrow, which I highly doubt will happen, I will still have come out way ahead.

lapchaser said: ItsJustDon said: Radio Shack has this now for $29.99 which includes 1 year.

I just called Radio Shack, they said its 29.99 but the one year subscription has to be bought separately which is 19.99, is that correct ?

Actually the service is included for $29.99. So you receive the dongle and the service for $29.99 at Ratshack

really i have tried to make a go of MJ but it is a real hassle. finally it got stolen in my bag, good bye not that much lost.

MagicJack has some pluses but I certainly wouldn't replace my land line with one. My sister was transferred to Shanghai and she leaves one connected to her computer all of the time. For her needs the cost savings far outweigh the flaky service. Yes service can be very flaky, for instance, we tried to call her on Thanksgiving day and the line picked up but no one answered so we hung up. My sister said her phone would ring for an hour afterward but no one was on the other line. In the end she unplugged the MJ and rebooted her computer and all was fine. She returns here for a month at a time and when she does she leaves the MagicJack in China and re-connects her land line.

I just re-upped today for the 5 yr / 59.95 deal so it is still available. Worth the risk compared to Sunrocket because I can break even in just 3 months compared to what I am paying for Vonage.

Have had the MJ for almost a year now, & you MUST have HS internet to hear calls. If my computer is using resources heavily as phone calls are made, sound can be pretty bad (I use "cpu meter" gadget in Vistas sidebar to keep resources down some while I'm on a call-that works great!). I just switched it over to our little-used 1.1 ghz desktop & now have nothing but clear calls always.

Soon to setup relative to HS internet + MJ - landline service = NET HSI for free.

Can MagicJack be used to power multiple phone outlets in same way as one can do with Vonage? Essentially can one connect output of MagicJack to a phone outlet and get dial tone powered by MagicJack in other outlets

pashu said: Can MagicJack be used to power multiple phone outlets in same way as one can do with Vonage? Essentially can one connect output of MagicJack to a phone outlet and get dial tone powered by MagicJack in other outlets
I believe somebody in this forum has done that and working. Or, you can do like me, buying a 4 hand-set phone (Panasonic, Uniden, VTech ...) the way you would use for normal land-line.

simpleDeal said: pashu said: Can MagicJack be used to power multiple phone outlets in same way as one can do with Vonage? Essentially can one connect output of MagicJack to a phone outlet and get dial tone powered by MagicJack in other outlets
I believe somebody in this forum has done that and working. Or, you can do like me, buying a 4 hand-set phone (Panasonic, Uniden, VTech ...) the way you would use for normal land-line.

What I have done is to plug a phone cable into the plug end of the MJ and then I plug the the other end into a wall jack in my home. This gives me a dial tone to every other wall jack in my house. From there I have a wireless phone set up plugged into one wall outlet and a Dishnetwork receiver plugged into a different wall outlet. Works fine. If I ever turn my computer on or reboot, i just have to unplug/plug the MJ back in and it continues to work perfect.

Squirrelcop said: simpleDeal said: pashu said: Can MagicJack be used to power multiple phone outlets in same way as one can do with Vonage? Essentially can one connect output of MagicJack to a phone outlet and get dial tone powered by MagicJack in other outlets

What I have done is to plug a phone cable into the plug end of the MJ and then I plug the the other end into a wall jack in my home. This gives me a dial tone to every other wall jack in my house. From there I have a wireless phone set up plugged into one wall outlet and a Dishnetwork receiver plugged into a different wall outlet. Works fine. If I ever turn my computer on or reboot, i just have to unplug/plug the MJ back in and it continues to work perfect.

DO NOT DO THIS!
You might have a particular situation where none of the phone jacks in your house have an active phone line, in this case you could do that but only after making sure the outside line its disconnected. Otherwise you might fry your MajicJack, USB port or even damage your computer.

If you do want to use you house's inside wiring for MajicJack or any other VoIP service please take a look at this:
VoIP Home Wiring

Thanks Squirelcop and Remm. I am following exactly this procedure right now with Vonage after disabling existing phone current from the switch box outside my house. I just wanted to confirm whether in that respect MagicJack is same as Vonage or not. Per se apart from the expense of a comp running 24*7 (actually can shut it off at night and let calls get forwarded to cell), what is downside vis a vis Vonage. Somebody mentioned reliability.

REMM said: Squirrelcop said: simpleDeal said: pashu said: Can MagicJack be used to power multiple phone outlets in same way as one can do with Vonage? Essentially can one connect output of MagicJack to a phone outlet and get dial tone powered by MagicJack in other outlets

DO NOT DO THIS!
You might have a particular situation where none of the phone jacks in your house have an active phone line, in this case you could do that but only after making sure the outside line its disconnected. Otherwise you might fry your MajicJack, USB port or even damage your computer.

If you do want to use you house's inside wiring for MajicJack or any other VoIP service please take a look at this:
VoIP Home Wiring

Good Point REMM, forgot to mention that. I do not have use any other provider for phone service in my house other than MJ so it has not been any issue. If there already is a phone service connected I can see where the problem would be in wiring it to the whole house.

Is connecting Magic Jack to the computer the only way to do it ? any one able to connect this to a pap2 modem yet ?

Folks who got in on the five year deal, please check your account expiration date after adding the new service. For me, adding the activation code only added 4 years instead of 5. When I contacted customer service, they tried to explain to me that the 5 years meant the 1 year of service that I got with the device + 4 additional years. After about 15 minutes, I was able to persuade them to look at their black friday specials. They tell me that they have made a "note on my account for their supervisor" and to check back again in 24 hours.

I got the same reply...Please update if you hear something +ve

yeah, I am chatting with a CSR "supervisor" about the 5 year plan only being extended 4 years. they don't seem to be budging

anyone has a capture of the screen?

magicjack black friday ad
Disclaimer
i have a pic of the ad..

discounteggroll said: yeah, I am chatting with a CSR "supervisor" about the 5 year plan only being extended 4 years. they don't seem to be budgingVery poorly worded special offer. Or a weaselly-worded offer (probably the latter). However, they intended that it's a total of 5 years from the date of activation. Good luck arguing this one.

bunch of crooks..didn't want to waste my time arguing with them..so i cancelled my so called '5 year plan'. funny thing is that in my account there's an option to extend the service, a 4 year plan for $59.95, so i hope that that 4 year plan is not really a 3 year plan.

i like the gadget but don't like their false advertising..

Skipping 13 Messages...
thank god they ponied up to their deceptive marketing and fixed the 5 year plan to actually include 5 years. I got mine upped to 2014 instead of the 2013 I had originally received.

I'll be impressed if they're even around that long however. I hate to be negative, but it's better than believing in a bag of hot air

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014