• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
This is an amazing deal for those of you in the Milwaukee area. Colders Furniture/Electronics/Appliances is having their "Spend a Dollar, Get a Dollar Back" sale this weekend only. The economy is making some retailers do some interesting things!! Here's how it works:

Buy any merchandise (e.g., we bought a Samsung A550 50" 1080p plasma TV for $1,999) and get a gift certificate for Colders in the same amount of your purchase. When we left the store, we received a gift certificate for $1,999 which expires 2/15/2009. (You can use it immediately, if you want, we weren't ready to do so). If you choose to buy furniture/mattresses with your gift certificate, you will receive 100% of the value of the gift certificate on your furniture/mattress purchase. If you choose to buy electronics or appliances with your gift certificate, you will receive 50% of the value of the gift certificate on your electronics/appliance purchase. (must be something due to the extreme markup on furniture).

We will likely buy some living room furniture (with custom fabric), an ottoman and a TV stand. When we check out, we will get a $1,999 credit on that purchase. In essence, we will be getting a Samsung 50" 1080p plasma TV AND $1,999 in furniture for a grand total of $1,999!! It sounds too good to be true, but we ran the numbers before pulling the trigger. While I am aware that I could have bought this TV for ~ $1,500 elsewhere, I would not have received the gift certificate to be used towards furniture/electronics. Note: if we chose to buy an AV Receiver or a washer/dryer (or other electronics/appliances) with our gift certificate, we would get a $1,000 credit (or 50% of the gift certificate value) on that purchase.

Colders has 4 locations in the Milwaukee area: West Allis, Grafton, Delafield and Oak Creek.

Colder's Website

From their Website:

Spend a Dollar Get a Dollar Back!

Purchase furniture, TVs, appliances or Serta Perfect Sleeper, Serta Perfect Day or Serta Vera Wang mattress and box spring sets and get that full amount back to spend on more living, dining, family or bedroom furniture, Serta bedding, chairs, recliners or table groups. For example, spend $1000 on a Serta Perfect Sleeper mattress set and get $1000 back to spend on bedroom furniture.

~OR~

Purchase furniture, TVs, appliances or Serta Perfect Sleeper, Serta Perfect Day or Serta Vera Wang mattress and box spring sets and get a Gift Certificate for that amount to give as a gift to family member, friend or co-worker to use towards a furniture (including Serta Perfect Sleeper, Serta Perfect Day and Serta Vera Wang) purchase. If the recipient of the gift certificate would prefer to buy a TV or appliances they will get half of the amount of the gift certificate to use on their appliance and/or TV purchase. For example: You buy a dining room table and chairs for $2000. You get a $2000 furniture gift certificate to give to a family member for the holidays. They can then select a new sofa and loveseat with the $2000 gift certificate or use the appliance/TV value of $1000 towards a new TV!

Previous purchases do not apply. Sertapedic, Tempur-Pedic, Floor Models, UMRP and clearance merchandise do not qualify for this promotion. This offer cannot be combined with any other discount, coupon or offer. Gift Certificates are not redeemable for cash and no change will be given. Gift Certificates expire 2/15/09. Promotion ends 11/30/08.

Have fun!

P.S. The Samsung A550 is SPECTACULAR!

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

JK27 said: While I am aware that I could have bought this TV for ~ $1,500 elsewhere, I would not have received the gift certificate to be used towards furniture/electronics.Did you try asking them if they would also price match the TV? Or is that a condition of this special deal? I know that they've price matched items for me before, but I haven't asked during a promotion like this one.

Beware Colder's. Their half-back, full-back dollar-for-dollar, matching promotions and credits are apparently restricted in a variety of ways they've likely not explained to you, and for which they have (or claim to have) zero documentation. You may get burned when you go back to redeem what you thought was a sweet deal, only to find out they're not singing the same tune you heard when you bought the first time.

A fairly recent (and still unresolved) issue at their Grafton location, for example:

http://www.alexfalkenberg.com/2008/10/14/colders-half-back-promotion-might-be-a-scam/

Does it happen at all Colder's? No idea. Grill them and demand documentation on the terms and conditions of any promotion you're agreeing to... It seems very much like they've set this stuff set up to work out mostly in their favor.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.