• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
McDonald's Winter Treat Stocking Stuffers $1=12 Free Item Coupons
I know these coupon booklets have been mentioned in past years but I was unable find anything to reference. One of my local Burleson, TX McDonald's is selling coupon booklets good for various free food items at the price of $1. Having five children myself, this qualified as a hot deal. So, just a note to those who may agree with me.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
PEOPLE WHO EAT AT MCD BECOME LIKE MCD.
MCD IS A CRAP!!!

chawlaaman (Dec. 15, 2008 @ 10:19a) |

I agree with the artificial deserts. I too like their ice cream cones. The fact that they add sawdust to the ice cream... (more)

dougtaylor1 (Dec. 15, 2008 @ 10:25a) |

We pay more for illiterates and people who believe advertising.

Oleg (Dec. 15, 2008 @ 10:33a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

YMMV, as I have not been able to find any participating locations in FL.

Perhaps you shouldn't feed your kids this crap. Sorry.

Who said it was for the kids?

tsee said: Perhaps you shouldn't feed your kids this crap. Sorry.Why don't you quit telling other parents how they should raise/feed their kids? I feel sorry for you as a person since you obviously live a life that is black-and-white, yes-no. Try something called moderation. Maybe, you wouldn't be such a tight ass.

When are apples and milk crap? Dumbass.

deleted --- people no likey what was said

Perhaps you shouldn't feed your kids this crap. Sorry.

Yeah, because grilled chicken is really bad for kids. Or apple slices.

Or heaven forbid you give your child an ice cream every once in a while. I mean, it's very horrible to see a smile on a child.

They never have these in my neck of the woods. Good find for those who have them in their area. Ty OP!

tsee said: Perhaps you shouldn't feed your kids this crap. Sorry.

Yet another "senior member" not posting deals but posting their on crap. Get a life (or a deal and post it).

oh guys... you know the vast majority of mcdonald's food is really bad for you. yes they have apples, but I don't know anyone who goes to mcdonalds for apples. Why not try a grocery store, it'll be cheaper and better quality!

mcdonalds isn't that bad...my parents probably brought me there at least 2-3 times a month.

Because the whole point is convenience. Sometimes, especially those of us with kids, you do not have the time to crank out a meal at home. My wife and I work and go to school and time is at a premium. While we do not eat out at McDonald's all the time, we don't mind stopping there for a quick bite to eat. Their chicken sandwiches are very good. Their salads have drastically improved. We love their parfaits and I don't mind their wraps either. Heck, sometimes I just splurge and get a double cheeseburger because it is hard to beat $1. We avoud fries and stay away from the really big sandwiches but every once in a great while, we'll splurge on a Big Mac or Quarter Pounder. We are a very healthy family and McDonald's does nothing to take away from that. I think they get a bad rap from every journalist trying to make a name for themselves. Is their food unhealthy? Some of it is. However there are food items on their menu that are the same as or better than many other restaurants, even those that charge ridiculous amounts of money and pretend to be wholesome. I like what McDonald's does for their charities and my community, specifically. I also love getting my son a chicken nugget happy meal with apple dippers and chocolate milk. It is not killing him or taking years off of his life and, most importantly, it brings a smile to his face all for the cost of $2.99. If you want to raise your children on soy, skinless chicken breasts, and dark green leafy vegetables for every meal, be my guest. I would argue that that may not be healthiest thing to do either. However, my son eats those things, too, and because of that can enjoy a happy meal from time-to-time. It is all about limits. Thanks OP! I'll watch for this deal.

I have never seen anyting like that in my local MCD for years. Too bad...

Ever heard of moderation my friend? You should try it. We live a VERY healthy life. We work out almost every day and my kiddos sometimes join us...and they are little...and VERY healthy. They eat their veggies and fruits and drink lots of water...however we like to frequent fast food places on occasion...Mickey D's included. Now take your extremism elsewhere and go bug someone else.

Thanks OP...this'll save us a good deal of funds being we are on a tight budget.

"splurge on a Big Mac or Quarter Pounder" ... LOL

keluzader said: Normal bullshit from those who don't like something posted. I'm sure you jump on a hot deal, why not jump off a cliff when you see one you don't like. I don't eat any fast food ever. I do sit and catch deals but never tell about the ones I find because of the idiots that respond to posts they don't like.

I don't know what is worse --- whiners or people whining about whiners

Ok, the burgers may be crap, but the artificial deserts are awesome.

I have never seen so many people defend such a terrible company...how many of the people saying they go in moderation, visit regularly...like the alcoholics and gamblers...im not one...its easy to say you use it in moderation when its legal

ds394 said: Perhaps you shouldn't feed your kids this crap. Sorry.

Yeah, because grilled chicken is really bad for kids. Or apple slices.

Or heaven forbid you give your child an ice cream every once in a while. I mean, it's very horrible to see a smile on a child.

Well not to be too persnickity, but I bet their apples are genetically modified and their chickens have antibiotics in them and their milk/ice cream have RBGH in them.

I guess my point is that a company (industry really-mcD's isnt the only one) that will sell you low quality foods--e.g. beef patties which have dozens or hundreds of cows in them (http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/specials/1616_fastfood/page3.s... really have a good leg to stand on in terms of healthy food.

That being said, this is a good deal if you choose to eat the stuff. Which, in full disclosure, i end up doing occasionally...

-Glen

Thank you OP, I'll check this out! I love MCD's and so do the kids! Who says MCD's is bad! Didn't Reagan classify ketcup as a vegatable serving?

For all those defending McDonald's in THIS thread:
The coupons from this deal neither buy apples, nor grilled chicken!
Nor . . . nor . . .

Just junk!
and in kid sizes!
almost always (rightly) refusing to honor the coupon unless a child is present

So you're going to defend this by saying you will let the child buy it, but not eat it? You'll replace this with carrots?

Any other areas confirm this? got told earlier that they werent doing in in Phoenix, but this was from night staff who barely speak English....

Quit complaining

Your fat kids got fat over other food products too.

So what? Even Santa is Fat and welcome to Fatwallet.

You like to eat it, eat it.
You hate it, hate it.

Having many unnecessary worries kills your health more than eating MCD occasionally.

rahugupt said: McDonald's Winter Treat Stocking Stuffers $1=12 Free Item Coupons
I know these coupon booklets have been mentioned in past years but I was unable find anything to reference. One of my local Burleson, TX McDonald's is selling coupon booklets good for various free food items at the price of $1. Having five children myself, this qualified as a hot deal. So, just a note to those who may agree with me.

What is the expiration date?

TIA

the coupons are valid until March 31, 2009

McD food is not a huge thing for my kids, but thanks for posting this. It reminds me to go by McD's and get a pack to distribute to my students.

If McD's is out (and that's common) Wendy's often has booklets of small Frosty coupons and they almost never run out.

could someone PLEASE tell me if these "Coupon Books" from McD or Burger King, are unlimited in other words can I take 10 coupons and get 10 small fries all at once?

ds394 said: Perhaps you shouldn't feed your kids this crap. Sorry.

Says the single man with no children

No, you can't!
Unless you don't fear rejection and embarrassment.

soxfan2004 said: Says the single man with no children
Nor likely to have any in the future

ocean935 said: For all those defending McDonald's in THIS thread:
The coupons from this deal neither buy apples, nor grilled chicken!
Nor . . . nor . . .

Just junk!
and in kid sizes!
almost always (rightly) refusing to honor the coupon unless a child is present

So you're going to defend this by saying you will let the child buy it, but not eat it? You'll replace this with carrots?
Another "Senior Member" who may be able to read but does not comprehend: from http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/883674/m13119731#m13119731
TheGMan said: Similar to the Halloween version - just curious to know if anyone has seen or knows where to find the holiday version? I called a couple of my local stores in Central FL with no luck.
There's one on *bay from Michigan that shows a "Winter Celebration Pack":
3 Hamburger Coupons
3 Small Cone Coupons
3 Milk Jug or Small Apple Juice Coupons
3 Small Fries or Apple Dippers Coupons

I called Mcd's corp 800-244-6227 and the rep said that sometimes certain markets do their own promotions. Just wanted to get input from anyone that had a participating market. They don't expire until 3/09 so these would be great stocking stuffers &/or class gifts. TIA
Highlighting on my part.

I called my local McDonalds and they said they gift certificates were 5.00!
These make great items to put in the treat bags for my daughters class!
Thanks op!

Reguarding fast food-I like the tv ads where old people with health problems say something about eating junk food when you are young... and then they show a young child saying leads to heart problems, being over weight, etc. So I support the person who said do not feed your child (or yourself) junk food--we will all pay the bill for this freebie down the road. Stick to the salads.

Wow, this thread is as nasty as the ones with cigarette/cigar deals.

OK, we will feed your KIDS then! Would you like fries with your red galore post?

lol - i enjoyed the diversion about whether or not to feed kids McDonalds. My sister has kids and i still find it odd that every so often they give their kids McDonalds. HOWEVER, i do NOT have kids, so i can't really talk. I do remember loving when my parents took us to McDonalds though. Convenience is at the center of this. As long as your kids aren't eating it every day, it's fine! Moderation is key

um, mcdonalds is crap, anyone trying to defend it will seem like a corp sponsor, LOL

and yeah, i'm sure you go for apples, whatever

Skipping 9 Messages...
renejoseph said: Reguarding fast food-I like the tv ads where old people with health problems say something about eating junk food when you are young... and then they show a young child saying leads to heart problems, being over weight, etc. So I support the person who said do not feed your child (or yourself) junk food--we will all pay the bill for this freebie down the road. Stick to the salads.

We pay more for illiterates and people who believe advertising.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014