• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Shop now and save with an exclusive PayPal deal at WalMart. Use PayPal when you checkout at WalMart.com and we'll give you $20 Cash Back on your order of $50 or more!*

Receive $20 Cash Back on a single purchase of $50 or more excluding tax and shipping. ("Offer") Offer applies to transactions on WalMart.com when you use PayPal as a payment method. Offer begins December 19, 2008 and ends December 22, 2008. The maximum amount of Cash Back per PayPal account is $20USD. The Cash Back will be deposited into your PayPal account by January 15, 2009.

Excluded transactions from this offer include, but are not limited to the following: PayPal Mobile transactions, PayPal Plug-In transactions (formerly named: Virtual Debit Card) service, gift certificate payments, gift card purchase, PayPal ATM/Debit Card payments, payments made when you are not logged into your PayPal account, automatic and/or recurring payments you have scheduled, and PayPal Plus Credit Card/eBay MasterCard payments not made through your PayPal account. If the payment is refunded or cancelled at any time, you are not eligible for the Offer. If the payment is refunded after you receive the Cash Back, PayPal will deduct the Cash Back amount from your account.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Well if WalMart "returns" any item it may cancel your CashBack but not sure how Paypal would handle it (ie. take their $... (more)

Glory (Dec. 23, 2008 @ 12:22p) |

Considering the story of this thread of the guy that did in-store pickup and spent most on hour waiting around while the... (more)

maddybeagle (Dec. 23, 2008 @ 12:43p) |

Yeah, one time I ordered something from an unnamed place for store pickup. After a few hours, they called and said they... (more)

mpkb (Dec. 23, 2008 @ 7:10p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

govin said: Shop now and save with an exclusive PayPal deal at WalMart. Use PayPal when you checkout at WalMart.com and we'll give you $20 Cash Back on your order of $50 or more!*

Receive $20 Cash Back on a single purchase of $50 or more excluding tax and shipping. ("Offer") Offer applies to transactions on WalMart.com when you use PayPal as a payment method. Offer begins December 19, 2008 and ends December 22, 2008. The maximum amount of Cash Back per PayPal account is $20USD. The Cash Back will be deposited into your PayPal account by January 15, 2009.

where's the promo link to click through? Is this for everyone?

I received email from paypal. can i forward it? id?

MISTERCHEAP said: govin said: Shop now and save with an exclusive PayPal deal at WalMart. Use PayPal when you checkout at WalMart.com and we'll give you $20 Cash Back on your order of $50 or more!*

No, This is the same promo as before. They just extended the date if you didn't use it the first time.

Or maybe they are sending out a new batch.
It won't hurt to watch your mail.

govin said: I received email from paypal. can i forward it? id?

What's the fine print? Does it say it's by invitation only? I would LOVE for this to work for me!

Fineprint says you have to pay from the Paypal account to which this promotion email was sent. So it looks like not transferrable. I have several Paypal accounts, but only one of them received this promotion.

Anyone has good suggestions as to what to buy from WalMart.com? They seem to carry more expensive and non-daily items on .com, can't even find my regular cereal brands.

Any good items to buy?

please put "by invite" in your title...this is not for everyone! red!

You can buy a $50 WalMart giftcard. I think shipping was $1.86. Received $20 few days after ordering.

bosox said: You can buy a $50 WalMart giftcard. I think shipping was $1.86. Received $20 few days after ordering.

I wasn't sure if gift card purchases were excluded. The exclusions say something about gift card payments, but I guess that means if you're using a gift card to make the purchase.

bosox said: You can buy a $50 WalMart giftcard. I think shipping was $1.86. Received $20 few days after ordering.
Gift cards are excluded.

Thrifty said: bosox said: You can buy a $50 WalMart giftcard. I think shipping was $1.86. Received $20 few days after ordering.

I wasn't sure if gift card purchases were excluded. The exclusions say something about gift card payments, but I guess that means if you're using a gift card to make the purchase.

The wording is confusing.. but it considering this list of exclusions are all payment types/methods, I would say yes, "gift card purchase" means paying with a GC..

Excluded transactions from this offer include, but are not limited to the following: PayPal Mobile transactions, PayPal Plug-In transactions (formerly named: Virtual Debit Card) service, gift certificate payments, gift card purchase, PayPal ATM/Debit Card payments, payments made when you are not logged into your PayPal account, automatic and/or recurring payments you have scheduled, and PayPal Plus Credit Card/eBay MasterCard payments not made through your PayPal account. If the payment is refunded or cancelled at any time, you are not eligible for the Offer. If the payment is refunded after you receive the Cash Back, PayPal will deduct the Cash Back amount from your account.

Just FYI, if you buy a Giftcard with Email delivery, you don't need to pay for shipping. I did that and also got the $20 in a few days.

doggyworld said: bosox said: You can buy a $50 WalMart giftcard. I think shipping was $1.86. Received $20 few days after ordering.

Just FYI, if you buy a Giftcard with Email delivery, you don't need to pay for shipping. I did that and also got the $20 in a few days.

If you get a gift card with email delivery, can you use it in a store or only online?

Does this come from paypal registration or WalMart.com account?

i bought a AMEX GC for $56 shipped (incl card fee).

I wanted to buy a $50 T-Mobile prepaid card, but OOS online, so I bought a $50 WalMart gift card instead. If the T-Mobile card becomes available, I can buy it online, or else go to the store and get it. Good deal either way.

Thrifty said: doggyworld said: bosox said: You can buy a $50 WalMart giftcard. I think shipping was $1.86. Received $20 few days after ordering.

If you get a gift card with email delivery, can you use it in a store or only online?

The eGift cards are for WalMart.com and SamsClub.com only, no B&M

Can you buy an email GC and use it at the BM store? At this point it isn't any good having one shipped because I really need it now.

RE:
"by invite" only

What up with that...

doggyworld said: bosox said: You can buy a $50 WalMart giftcard. I think shipping was $1.86. Received $20 few days after ordering.

Excluded transactions from this offer include, but are not limited to the following: PayPal Mobile transactions, PayPal Plug-In transactions (formerly named: Virtual Debit Card) service, gift certificate payments, gift card purchase,

clarification anyone?

yesidonoitall said: RE:
"by invite" only

What up with that...

Very common for paypal now.

When it said "on a single purchase of $50 or more" does it mean single item that is worth $50 or more?

tphanman said: doggyworld said: bosox said: You can buy a $50 WalMart giftcard. I think shipping was $1.86. Received $20 few days after ordering.

Excluded transactions from this offer include, but are not limited to the following: PayPal Mobile transactions, PayPal Plug-In transactions (formerly named: Virtual Debit Card) service, gift certificate payments, gift card purchase,

clarification anyone?

Paypal had this promotion last week.I bought the gift card, and got CashBack in my account.

v6killa said: tphanman said: doggyworld said: bosox said: You can buy a $50 WalMart giftcard. I think shipping was $1.86. Received $20 few days after ordering.

clarification anyone?

Paypal had this promotion last week.I bought the gift card, and got CashBack in my account.

hey i'm no simpleton i can see that it's worked before. however the promotion that i received states that gift cards cannot be used for this. i was wondering if you could copy and paste your promotion over so i can see if it says the same thing and they missed it, or if its a new restriction for our promotion.

tphanman said:

hey i'm no simpleton i can see that it's worked before. however the promotion that i received states that gift cards cannot be used for this. i was wondering if you copy and paste your promotion over so i can see if it says the same thing and they missed it, or if its a new restriction for our promotion.

It's the same text from last week's promo.

It says "gift card purchase"... but that list of exclusions is not a list of things you can't buy.. it is a big list of WAYS you can't buy.. so in that case, I would agree with the others that it means you can't use a gift card to make the purchase. Which is "duh".. you have to use plain-jane paypal to make the purchase.. no mobile paypal, no PP debit card with regular checkout, etc.

BTW. I got the promo invite last round in one paypal account but not the other. My email prefs were the same for both (the default). I was signed up for the PP newsletter in both accounts, but not 3rd party/partner promotions. The email says I got the invite "because your email preferences are set to receive the PayPal Periodical newsletter and Product Updates." I have not received a newsletter in my other account for a long time tho.. so who knows.

erichazann said: tphanman said:

hey i'm no simpleton i can see that it's worked before. however the promotion that i received states that gift cards cannot be used for this. i was wondering if you copy and paste your promotion over so i can see if it says the same thing and they missed it, or if its a new restriction for our promotion.

It's the same text from last week's promo.

It says "gift card purchase"... but that list of exclusions is not a list of things you can't buy.. it is a big list of WAYS you can't buy.. so in that case, I would agree with the others that it means you can't use a gift card to make the purchase. Which is "duh".. you have to use plain-jane paypal to make the purchase.. no mobile paypal, no PP debit card with regular checkout, etc.

BTW. I got the promo invite last round in one paypal account but not the other. My email prefs were the same for both (the default). I was signed up for the PP newsletter in both accounts, but not 3rd party/partner promotions. The email says I got the invite "because your email preferences are set to receive the PayPal Periodical newsletter and Product Updates." I have not received a newsletter in my other account for a long time tho.. so who knows.

gotcha. thanks much!

You should get it before Christmas eve. I ordered the gift certificate myself

egift cards (email) say "For purchases at WalMart.com. For purchases by Sam's Club members at SamsClub.com. Cannot be used at Wal-Mart stores or at Sam's Club stores."

You probably ordered the wrong gift certificate. There are gift certificates that can used in store and online.

This is a new batch. If you received an earlier offer, it expired on December 15, 2008.

MsMay said: MISTERCHEAP said: govin said: Shop now and save with an exclusive PayPal deal at WalMart. Use PayPal when you checkout at WalMart.com and we'll give you $20 Cash Back on your order of $50 or more!*

No, This is the same promo as before. They just extended the date if you didn't use it the first time.

Or maybe they are sending out a new batch.
It won't hurt to watch your mail.

I bought a itunes card from the last Paypal-WalMart promotion and it did not qualify for the $20 back. So, if you buy any gift cards you will not get the $20 back.

marvelous211 said: You probably ordered the wrong gift certificate. There are gift certificates that can used in store and online.

I'm seeing same thing: eGift cards only work online. I think you mean that "real" gift cards can be used in store and online, but the problem with those is that you have to wait for it to be shipped to you. I think the poster was looking for a way to get e-mail delivery of a card that he could use immediately in-store. I, too, would like that, so if anyone knows of a way, please let me know!

Just got this on my "personal" PayPal account that rarely gets used. I didn't receive anything this time or the last time around in my Premier account which I use the most often.

Anyone get this who got the last 20/50 deal on same email?

Which one did you get? Another person said the egiftcard did not yield the CB.

Got email for store pick up 2 days ago. Went to the store today,the sign to "site to store" pick up location is VERY BAD. Wait 10 minutes to get some one to help me (I was the only person there),took another 20 minutes to find my order. Not worth saving $20 at all !!! Wal-Mart's price is good but service is BAAAAAAD. Wal-Mart doesn't train employee well. (This is the store in City of Industry, CA.)

wendyt said: Got email for store pick up 2 days ago. Went to the store today,the sign to "site to store" pick up location is VERY BAD. Wait 10 minutes to get some one to help me (I was the only person there),took another 20 minutes to find my order. Not worth saving $20 at all !!! Wal-Mart's price is good but service is BAAAAAAD. Wal-Mart doesn't train employee well. (This is the store in City of Industry, CA.)

Same bad service in Grants Pass Oregon

Pick up area is the old lay away room.
SMALL and I mean SMALL sigh says to push button on this little box on the counter.

Someone from somewhere eventually shows up to attampt to find the order.....
Supposedly they look at a screen and it tells them the box/bin number.
But it is never there....
They have to fumble through all.

I got the email too but don't know what to buy. Think, think, think.......

Skipping 16 Messages...
maddybeagle said: Considering the story of this thread of the guy that did in-store pickup and spent most on hour waiting around while they found his stuff, expecting them to credit your cc back after never picking up and getting the paypal credit, is pure fantasy....more likely, you end up with the charge on your cc and a WalMart employee keeping what you ordered...but at least you will have a paypal credit...

Yeah, one time I ordered something from an unnamed place for store pickup. After a few hours, they called and said they don't have it in stock. Ok, you will cancel the order then? Yes, they said. Bzzzzzt! Wrong again. I noticed a few weeks later that the charge showed up. Had to call and explain that I did not pickup due to OOS.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014