• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Staples BM has the Perfect Pushup for $19.99 and Iron Gym chin up bar for $29.99.
Use the 10 off 20 Officemax coupon get the Perfect pushup for $9.99 or the Iron Gym Bar for $19.99, YMMV!

Perfect Pushup SKU: 734060
Iron Gym SKU: 760609

Reference link!

Reference link 2

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Word of advice: Lay off the steroids bro.

noodles (Jan. 26, 2009 @ 1:25a) |

Exhibit A of why NOT to use steroids.

Jayzone (Jan. 26, 2009 @ 1:27a) |

Well played. You beat me to it...

Jayzone (Jan. 26, 2009 @ 1:28a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

hondaman82 said: Staples BM has the Perfect Pushup for $19.99 and Iron Gym chin up bar for $29.99.
Use the 10 off 20 Officemax coupon get the Perfect pushup for $9.99 or the Iron Gym Bar for $19.99, YMMV!

How's the quality?

norebates said:
How's the quality?

Perfect

lolz.

btw, when did Staples start selling workout equipment??
Jhumritalaiya said: norebates said:
How's the quality?

Perfect

I tried the perfrect pushup and I must say it does work. You will notice a difference from doing the traditional pushup & doing a pushup with the perfect pushup.

SSG said: btw, when did Staples start selling workout equipment??

Staplez will sell you anything as long as they can make a fat profit

How can I buy from Staples with an Officemax coupon?

An ex Navy Seal invented this so it has to be good.

Got both for Christmas, haven't touched them yet...

norebates said: hondaman82 said: Staples BM has the Perfect Pushup for $19.99 and Iron Gym chin up bar for $29.99.

How's the quality?

I own and regularly use the Iron Gym. It fits snugly on standard door frames and won't fall off. IMO, it's a pretty all-round solid piece of equipment.

I own and regularly use the Iron Gym. It fits snugly on standard door frames and won't fall off. IMO, it's a pretty all-round solid piece of equipment.

Question... when you use it with any door, does it leave a mark or any kind of damage on the door frame?

bocondo said:

Question... when you use it with any door, does it leave a mark or any kind of damage on the door frame?

I haven't had a problem with it leaving marks or dents on my door frame. There is foam padding that rounds off the ends of the Iron Gym to protect the door frame from damage.

Airmoran said: norebates said: hondaman82 said: Staples BM has the Perfect Pushup for $19.99 and Iron Gym chin up bar for $29.99.

How's the quality?

how is the iron gyms for dips? it doesn't look like it's high enough off the ground for a full extension.

Cz

could someone give a link directly to the sale. I can't seem to find it. Also was is BM?

SSG said: lolz.

How's the quality?

Perfect

Right around the time drug stores did (Walgreens). BTW, why are the Perfect Pushups only $19 at Walgreens/Staplez and over $40 on Amaz0n? Slightly different models, but identical features.

Seems kinda shady for that company to sell like that.

tinabeana33 said: could someone give a link directly to the sale. I can't seem to find it. Also was is BM?

B&M = brick and mortar (aka. in store sale only)
No link to sale
YMMV = may find it or you may not

My wife and I did this a few days ago for the iron gym. Staples took the Office Max coupon without any questions. I was a bit surprised that Staples carried these things also. I searched the store for it, because I had read about it in a thread on another site. After not finding it on my first pass, I found the endcap with "As seen on TV" items, and there it was. My wife wants to go back before the coupon expires to get some of the green bags that keep vegetables fresh.

Dang it, I thought this was a bra...

I've seen the pushup thing (fairly sure the same brand) at Big Lots for $10 as their regular price, just FYI--as always with Big Lots, YMMV. And as a side note, I find it hilarious that this Iron Gym is now a big thing, when my parents had a home-made one (at least the door frame component) we'd stick on the door frames as a play trapeze bar some 15 years ago. (Man, I missed that thing when it finally broke.)

csizzlin said: Airmoran said: norebates said: hondaman82 said: Staples BM has the Perfect Pushup for $19.99 and Iron Gym chin up bar for $29.99.

How's the quality?

how is the iron gyms for dips? it doesn't look like it's high enough off the ground for a full extension.

Cz

I have one and tried to use it for dips. Like you said, you can't get a full extension so I just stopped trying...

great deal! I've been wanting both of these for xmas and didn't get them! Now i will get them both myself!

I received the Chin Up Bar for Christmas - very much satisfied with quality. Fits securely in door frame and no concern over marring the door.

CrashCart9 said: I've seen the pushup thing (fairly sure the same brand) at Big Lots for $10 as their regular price, just FYI--as always with Big Lots, YMMV. And as a side note, I find it hilarious that this Iron Gym is now a big thing, when my parents had a home-made one (at least the door frame component) we'd stick on the door frames as a play trapeze bar some 15 years ago. (Man, I missed that thing when it finally broke.)

Hilarious as in raucous laughter? Hilarious as in wacky hijinx? Hilarious?? You might want to find a hobby or start take the OP's deal up and start getting some physical fitness in if you find anything about excercise equipment to be hilarious.

The Iron Gym is a solid piece of equipment that will produce results based on the frequency and consistency of use. Nothing "hilarious" about it.

I'm not finding these products? Anyone else finding it?

kahawken said: I received the Chin Up Bar for Christmas - very much satisfied with quality. Fits securely in door frame and no concern over marring the door.

You mind if I ask how tall you are? I was looking at my door frame and it seems like I'd hit the floor trying to do a pull up even with knees at 90 degrees unless the bar is very close to the top.

My (adult) nephew got the chinup bar for Christmas. I'm 6-4 and on a normal door frame it was too low for my taste. On an 8ft door frame (which is rare in a house), it was good.

coolbreeze said: SSG said: lolz.

How's the quality?

Perfect

Right around the time drug stores did (Walgreens). BTW, why are the Perfect Pushups only $19 at Walgreens/Staplez and over $40 on Amaz0n? Slightly different models, but identical features.

Seems kinda shady for that company to sell like that.

Review
There is some confusion between the two non-travel versions of this product: "Perfect Pushup - Original" (the one sold here and many other places for around $40) and "Perfect Pushup - Basic" (the one sold at WalMart and eBay for around $20). The Perfect Pushup - Basic has a red stripe under the "Perfect Pushup" logo and the text "Basic" within the red stripe. It has a similar design to the Perfect Pushup - Original but lighter weight plastic build and comes with the handles unattached from the base and you snap them on yourself. I haven't used the "Basic" model - but you can readily see the difference between the models in the photographs: "Original" has a metal handle embedded in a larger, single piece, plastic rotating part. The stanchions holding the handle are molded and of a single piece with the rotating part. The "Basic" model has a lower flatter rotating part, and a plastic handle shaped like a letter "C" - so that the handle itself forms the stanchions connecting down into the rotating part - which is flat and not molded. I don't know if the "Basic" model is compromised in any way as to its function - but it is clearly of a lighter build quality. There's also a "Travel" version that looks a lot like the "Basic" version, but has removable handles and the flat rotating part is much thinner (1/2" instead of 1").

There are actually 2 different perfect push ups in the market. The one selling for $10 does not have steal ball bearings and is mostly plastic. Check out the comparison chart in linkComparison

csizzlin said:

Cz

Looks like rubbish for dips. You might as well use a chair. These aren't traditional dips inasmuch as you're not lifting your entire bodyweight off the floor...because some of it is on the floor.

IMO, this equipment is complete rubbish. Most of the time it ends up in a corner of the garage or some other storage closet after one year.

madcowdisease said: csizzlin said:

Cz

Looks like rubbish for dips. You might as well use a chair. These aren't traditional dips inasmuch as you're not lifting your entire bodyweight off the floor...because some of it is on the floor.

IMO, this equipment is complete rubbish. Most of the time it ends up in a corner of the garage or some other storage closet after one year.

Yeah, your right. Better to sit around on your sofa and eat potato chips and Fritos and watch World's Biggest Loser. That physical fitness thing is not all it's cracked up to be now is it?

I've been using the the Perfect Pushup at my trainers house, and its been helping alleviate my wrist issues. I could use a bar or other devices as well but this works pretty smoothly plus i can move it around easily. I can't speak for the chin up bar as we use straps off the squatting cage for that sort of stuff. I always wondered the difference between the $40 ones and the $20 ones at Wally World and WalGreens. In the end, all equipment is a waste if you don't use it.

The best investment I've ever made was to get a personal trainer that knows what he's doing (former body builder, current power lifter with records in his age group). Unless you're uber motivated and disciplined enough to go to the gym or use home equipments, I'd suggest seriously getting a trainer. If not then at least get a workout buddy that can watch your form and provide motivation.

Got one today and they did honor the coupon, last day today, thanks OP!
My boys and I did the first workout, wimp routine, arms sore....

You can also use the Iron Gym to hang/dry clothes.

I tried the Iron Gym in my friends house, I was skeptical but you can actually do real pull ups, chin ups,various types of push ups, and the other thing. Dips are a joke though.

norebates said: How's the quality?

I have the pullup...it's pretty good quality. There is an unfortunate joint in the middle of the bar that flexes a little bit. I weigh about 175 and it's a bit flexy when I use it. Also the little rubber foot that runs along the piece that touches the wall is falling off...not a big deal, just need to superglue it back in...Other than that it's great.

BTW: this thing has been around forever (A few types on amazon) in other forms that was a TV infomercial special about 10 years ago.

just an fyi for those who can't find the iron gym pull up bar at Staples or don't have the OM 10 off 20 coupon.. bed bath and beyond carries the iron gym bar for $30 also, and you can use the commonly found 10 off 30 BB&B coupon to bring the price down to $20.

madcowdisease said: IMO, this equipment is complete rubbish. Most of the time it ends up in a corner of the garage or some other storage closet after one year.

The VAST majority of gym memberships go wasted and unused, but does that mean there's no value in them either?

Thanks OP! I got the Perfect Pushup for $10, last one in the store. I almost bought the $40 ones but this was a steal.

triliament said: just an fyi for those who can't find the iron gym pull up bar at Staples or don't have the OM 10 off 20 coupon.. bed bath and beyond carries the iron gym bar for $30 also, and you can use the commonly found 10 off 30 BB&B coupon to bring the price down to $20.

I get those BB&B coupons all the time, and I have no use for them. Now I do Thanks!

coolbreeze said: An ex Navy Seal invented this so it has to be good.

Got both for Christmas, haven't touched them yet...

Not sure about that since I doubt anything like the Perfect Pushup was part of his Seal training.

got two boxes, thanks!

Skipping 20 Messages...
noodles said:
Word of advice: Lay off the steroids bro.

Well played. You beat me to it...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014