Costco signup coupon discount

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 234
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Join Costco and start saving today, plus receive coupons for free products and other savings valued at more than $40:
FREE rotisserie chicken
FREE photo processing
FREE Kirkland SignatureTM 2 lb. bag of coffee
... and more!

http://www.connections.coop/offer_details.php?offerID=5806

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I signed up a while ago and still no coupons.

Which number should we call to inquire?

ziptree (Apr. 29, 2009 @ 9:29p) |

I just went to the "contact us" link on the Costco page and explained the situation. They responded very promptly and c... (more)

Pickngrin (Apr. 30, 2009 @ 8:44a) |

There is an expiry date of 6/30/09 on the form.

Is this offer valid for Business memberships? No mention of the $40 prom... (more)

BradMajors (May. 11, 2009 @ 10:46p) |

You can buy 2 cards to get Executive membership (or renewal) and get 2 sets of coupons.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Isn't it normally $50? Is the "deal" the freebies that come with it?

Yep .

Does anyone know the exact list of freebies? ("...and more!")

The Rotisserie chicken and bag of coffee are a great start, just curious what else is included.

I signed up for Executive on the 2nd and got a $20 cash card. Wasn't expecting that...

they have a promotion at the galleria in houston tx on weekends that i have seen several times. they give you a $30 cash card when you sign up. that makes the regular membership for only $20.

Darn, just signed up last weekend for the first time ever.

I signed up on mid december on a week day and they gave me only $25 cash card. No complaints though
When I was there yesterday, I saw $1.32 for regular gas.

Exbauer said: they have a promotion at the galleria in houston tx on weekends that i have seen several times. they give you a $30 cash card when you sign up. that makes the regular membership for only $20.

Can't believe thay still don't take MC or Visa. Only AMEX.

ExBauer,

I live in the Galleria. Where have you seen this promo going on ?

TIA

coolbreeze said: Darn, just signed up last weekend for the first time ever.
Never fear, just return you membership
... possible up to very last day each year...
and then re-join.

speedlite said: Can't believe thay still don't take MC or Visa. Only AMEX.

isn't Sam's Club only take Discover too?
why they hate visa/MC

i'm guessing the cash card is a big YMMV? or does someone have something they might be able to scan? thx!

Appelski said: coolbreeze said: Darn, just signed up last weekend for the first time ever.
and then re-join.

Costco basically just makes its profit off the membership fees. I do not grudge them the modest annual fee for the quality of merchandise and the level of service they provide. I hope you did not mean to encourage people to abuse Costco's member satisfaction policy to swindle this exemplary company when they are otherwise satisfied. I really, really hope that is not what you meant. If is is, you might want to consider a long look at your character in the mirror.

repost

I signed up with similar coupon last August and did not receive anything so far. Asked by person or by phone several times. No result.

Me too I only got duplicated coupon books once. Guess I was too late to use that coupon....518people said: I signed up with similar coupon last August and did not receive anything so far. Asked by person or by phone several times. No result.

speedlite said: Can't believe thay still don't take MC or Visa. Only AMEX. Costco in WI takes Visa.

kimmers71 said: speedlite said: Can't believe thay still don't take MC or Visa. Only AMEX. Costco in WI takes Visa.

They take Visa/MC debit cards. They do not take CC at the Wisconsin locations. (I live two blocks away).

johnbaker said: ExBauer,

I live in the Galleria. Where have you seen this promo going on ?

TIA

I saw it on the first floor in front of the gap and express. then the other time it was on the first floor in front of the Macy's in the new wing...(use to be foley).

Costco has an exclusive agreement with AMEX that allows them to accept AMEX cards only in return for a greatly reduced merchant fee rate. Ask your local small business how much money they spend on credit card processors every month, you might be surprised.

So here's the trick to shopping at Costco with a cc. Go online, buy a Cash Card, paying for it with your cc. You have to plan a little bit ahead b/c it takes 5-7 days to get the card in the mail. I usually buy a $200 card when my cc bill rolls over, spend it over the next month on gas and groceries, and repeat the cycle. Voila! Costco on cc.

speedlite said: Can't believe thay still don't take MC or Visa. Only AMEX.

I hope you did not mean to encourage people to abuse Costco's member satisfaction policy to swindle this exemplary company when they are otherwise satisfied. I really, really hope that is not what you meant. If is is, you might want to consider a long look at your character in the mirror.

LOL. Exemplary. Tell me, you own stock, right?

Take advantage of the policy, especially if your local Costco is sub-par. There's absolutely no reason to pay for terrible customer service and workers that act like you're there to serve them, not the other way around.

If that's the case at your Costco, as it had been at mine, they're swindling you and you may as well put a stop to it.

they take debit card... no visa cc only AMEX cc they take cash too

isobro said: kimmers71 said: speedlite said: Can't believe thay still don't take MC or Visa. Only AMEX. Costco in WI takes Visa.

They take Visa/MC debit cards. They do not take CC at the Wisconsin locations. (I live two blocks away).

Interesting... I'd definitely buy a membership for 20 or 30.

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

This deal was posted about a month ago but I can't find the link right now. I got this deal via a special web site through my employer. There are 2 advantages to this deal: 1. you don't pay tax on membership (if your state taxes it like NJ does) 2. you get a coupon book. The coupon book has about 8 coupons, the best being free rotisserie chicken, $3 off food court whole pizza, free 2lb coffee, free 50 photo prints, $3 off Kirkland meat. There was also one for $3 off Kirkland nuts and maybe some more but I forget. I got my coupon book in December and all the coupons expire on Feb 28 2009.

UPSGuy said: I hope you did not mean to encourage people to abuse Costco's member satisfaction policy to swindle this exemplary company when they are otherwise satisfied. I really, really hope that is not what you meant. If is is, you might want to consider a long look at your character in the mirror.

Take advantage of the policy, especially if your local Costco is sub-par. There's absolutely no reason to pay for terrible customer service and workers that act like you're there to serve them, not the other way around.

If that's the case at your Costco, as it had been at mine, they're swindling you and you may as well put a stop to it.

How about you just go to a different store then! Obviously it is not too bad if you keep going back. It is $50 dollars a year...stop being so CHEAP!

ynotme said: speedlite said: Can't believe thay still don't take MC or Visa. Only AMEX.

why they hate visa/MC

Sam's Club takes MasterCard, not Visa.

anonymouse2 said: Appelski said: coolbreeze said: Darn, just signed up last weekend for the first time ever.
and then re-join.

Costco basically just makes its profit off the membership fees. I do not grudge them the modest annual fee for the quality of merchandise and the level of service they provide. I hope you did not mean to encourage people to abuse Costco's member satisfaction policy to swindle this exemplary company when they are otherwise satisfied. I really, really hope that is not what you meant. If is is, you might want to consider a long look at your character in the mirror.

Costco used to be exemplary, not anymore! Now their customer service is barely better than if not the same as target and WalMart. Return policy of 3 months on most electronics is exactly the same as target and WalMart. In the 90s they truely had unbeatable prices as well but in the last 5-10 years, there are b&M stores such as frys, WalMart, and even worstbuy that exceed or match their price to quality ratio.
True in some things they are stil cheaper when you buy bulk cereal or peanuts but other items are exactly the same prices. I used to buy my groceries, milk etc from there but now they are no different in prices than my local grocery store.

Lastly, they do make a handsome profit from sales. Membership fees are not the only source of their profit. Check out their income statement, it fluctuates with sales!!
The fact that they charge $50, $10 more expensive than their competition, is not defensible either.

Yet there are fans of costco that will defend them to the bitter end regardless of the facts.

They take VISA CC online if that matters...but yeah stores only take debit cards or AMEX

anonymouse2 said:
Costco basically just makes its profit off the membership fees.

That is not even remotely true. They do have lowest profit margin among wholesale stores but that doesnt translate into what you claim. Do you have any cite for this? For this to be true, their revenues would have to be a fraction of what it is now.

tydas said: They take VISA CC online if that matters...but yeah stores only take debit cards or AMEX

They accept MasterCard online.... and also take cash and checks in stores.

daffydk said: Costco used to be exemplary, not anymore! Now their customer service is barely better than if not the same as target and WalMart. Return policy of 3 months on most electronics is exactly the same as target and WalMart. In the 90s they truely had unbeatable prices as well but in the last 5-10 years, there are b&M stores such as frys, WalMart, and even worstbuy that exceed or match their price to quality ratio.
True in some things they are stil cheaper when you buy bulk cereal or peanuts but other items are exactly the same prices. I used to buy my groceries, milk etc from there but now they are no different in prices than my local grocery store.

Lastly, they do make a handsome profit from sales. Membership fees are not the only source of their profit. Check out their income statement, it fluctuates with sales!!
The fact that they charge $50, $10 more expensive than their competition, is not defensible either.

Yet there are fans of costco that will defend them to the bitter end regardless of the facts.
Your "facts" are simply your opinions....based on your experience. Many of us have a different experience and so have different opinions.
  • Customer service at the 3 local Costcos I have visited has always been 'acceptable' and most of the time I would say 'excellent'. Customer service at my local Target is non-existent, as with Best Buy & Fry's.
  • The prices vary - both on specific items and over time. I am always checking prices as I do with any store I shop at...if something is too high, then I go elsewhere. Over the course of a year, where I buy cereal (for example) changes several times.
  • The quality on many of the items I buy is better (for the price) than I can get at local stores. We have a list of items that we only buy at Costco because of the price/quality ratio. There is also a list of things we only buy at several other local stores.

As for the price of their membership being more (or less) than any competitor - If you don't think it is a fair price for what you get don't pay it - it is really that simple. Others will feel they are getting value for their money and be happy to pay the fee. My membership is free (or almost) every year, because of the amount we spend there. I feel we get a great value for our money. If that changes, then our shopping there will change as well. Simple economics.

daffydk said: anonymouse2 said: Appelski said: coolbreeze said: Darn, just signed up last weekend for the first time ever.
and then re-join.

Costco used to be exemplary, not anymore! Now their customer service is barely better than if not the same as target and WalMart. Return policy of 3 months on most electronics is exactly the same as target and WalMart. In the 90s they truely had unbeatable prices as well but in the last 5-10 years, there are b&M stores such as frys, WalMart, and even worstbuy that exceed or match their price to quality ratio.

Costco used to have a very liberal return policy but unfortunately they had to change their policy on electronics due to the fact that some people were buying TVs and returning them after using them a year or two for a newer model. Technology changes quickly and value of returned electronics drop significantly so Costco is left holing the bag. Costco is not a rental company, they are in the business of selling merhandise. In my opinion, I think the change is reasonable.

daffydk said:
Costco used to be exemplary, not anymore! Now their customer service is barely better than if not the same as target and WalMart. Return policy of 3 months on most electronics is exactly the same as target and WalMart.

Very well said. I used to be one of those fans, not anymore. If you are fortunate to have a good store near you, congratulations. Wal-Mart and Costco now offer similar levels of medium-low service in my area. [By the way, this is a bad thing.]

davidmcd said: ynotme said: speedlite said: Can't believe thay still don't take MC or Visa. Only AMEX.

why they hate visa/MC

Sam's Club takes MasterCard, not Visa.

If you go to WalMart & buy a gift card, you can use whatever CC you want. You can use the WalMart gift card @ Sams.

I've been a member for years and I LOVE Costco! I buy the executive membership every year for $100. Towards the end of the year, October I think, I get a refund check in the mail that is usually around $175. That makes my membership free basically and gives me some extra $$ to spend. I shop for a family of 5 and I'd say I buy about 85% of my groceries at Costco. Great prices, great quality, I've got no complaints. My Costco in San Marcos Ca has great people. Anyway, just my opinion.

Also, last year I changed car insurance thru Costco, they were cheaper than what I found anywhere else and I got a $100 costco gc.

UPSGuy said: I hope you did not mean to encourage people to abuse Costco's member satisfaction policy to swindle this exemplary company when they are otherwise satisfied. I really, really hope that is not what you meant. If is is, you might want to consider a long look at your character in the mirror.

Jerk, then why did you mention "then rejoin" in your original useless post? Look up the word "integrity" since you obviously don't know that word. END OF DISCUSSION!

Skipping 89 Messages...
hakujin said: deal still valid?
There is an expiry date of 6/30/09 on the form.

Is this offer valid for Business memberships? No mention of the $40 promotion on the business application.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014