• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Sprint's Boost To Offer $50 Flat-Rate National Calling Plan, Unlimited Voice, Text, MMS & Web No fees or Taxes.

Not for everyone because if the coverage is no good for you theres no carrier to roam on and the web is slower than dial up but $50 with no taxes/fees for nationwide unlimited voice, text and mms is a great deal and the native IDEN coverage is pretty good. Starts on January 22.

Link 1 Link
Link 2 Link
Link 3 Link
Link 4 Link
Phone Link Link
Thanks offthegrid

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
hmm does she text or use data a lot? This is a 2G service and when you use data or text it takes up your voice channel,... (more)

oopsz (Feb. 27, 2009 @ 12:05p) |

Thanks for the info.

I called them up myself and they are very vague about it. When they say GPS is included they mean th... (more)

lowpricewanted (Feb. 27, 2009 @ 2:36p) |

FYI for anyone that lives near a meijer store in the midwest, the I776 model phone is on sale for $89 this week plus if ... (more)

lowpricewanted (Feb. 27, 2009 @ 2:44p) |

Details for the lazy:

BOOST MOBILE'S $50 UNLIMITED PLAN (IDEN)
UNLIMITED Nationwide Calling (NO more local calling areas)
UNLIMITED Text & Picture Messaging
UNLIMITED Mobile Web (non-EVDO, ~25kbps, NO tethering implied in Boost Mobile's Terms & Conditions)
UNLIMITED Push-To-Talk
NO Conference Calls (as per Boost Mobile's Terms & Conditions)
Call Waiting NOW INCLUDED (as of 2/17/09)
Voicemail IS INCLUDED
Runs off Sprint-Nextel's IDEN Network (NOT CDMA, cannot roam on CDMA or GSM networks!)
Must use Boost Mobile's IDEN Phone (NOT CDMA... maybe Nextel's IDEN phones if you are able to configure messaging, data, and PTT settings)
NO Phone Subsidies/Discounts
NO Contracts for Prepaid
$50/mo (inclusive of all fees EXCEPT state sales tax)

(Updated 2/20/09)
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Wow this is a good deal. Isn't this their 99 dollar simply everything plan?

not really the same as the simply everything plan. It sounds like Butcherboy is saying that you ONLY get access to Sprint towers ... absolutely NO ROAMING in areas where Sprint doesn't have service. Plus, the "mobile web" doesn't include high speed data.

Anyone know if you can apply corporate discounts on top of this?

cdhamma said: you ONLY get access to Sprint towers ... absolutely NO ROAMING in areas where Sprint doesn't have service.

Sounds dangerous to me. If you're traveling rurally and your car breaks down and you don't get service, you're SOL. As a female, one of the reasons I even have a cell is for emergencies.

as a male, when I hear of unlimited nationwide cellular plan with text, mobile web and walkie talkie from a major carrier for $50, last thing I think of is rural emergencies.

i loled

ty! will see ?!

There are, however, trade-offs for the service. People looking to join Boost Mobile will have to switch to the Nextel network, which means buying a new phone not compatible with other networks. There are a limited number of phone choices, all from Motorola Inc. (MOT)
While there is unlimited Web access, the network connection is comparable to dial-up speeds.
No new phones. No EVDO. This will work if you use your phone for voice primarily.

Details for the lazy:

BOOST MOBILE (MVNO of Sprint-Nextel)
UNLIMITED Nationwide Calling (includes nationwide roaming)
UNLIMITED Text Messaging (maybe includes picturemail)
UNLIMITED Mobile Web (non-EVDO)
UNLIMITED Push-To-Talk
Runs off Sprint-Nextel's IDEN Network (NOT CDMA, cannot roam on other networks!)
Must use Boost Mobile IDEN Phone (NOT CDMA)
NO Contracts for Prepaid

chokaay said: Details for the lazy:

UNLIMITED Nationwide Calling
UNLIMITED Push-To-Talk
Runs off Sprint-Nextel's IDEN Network (NOT CDMA, CANNOT ROAM ON OTHER NETWORKS!)
NO Contracts for Prepaid

Boost Mobile adds ‘tax-free’ $50/month unlimited plan

Umm … come again? No taxes?

Tax does vary, between 2 to 12 percent. We’re taking care of those,” no matter where the customer lives, said Neil Lindsay, Boost’s vice president of marketing.

“The real message from us is that there is a lot of nickel and diming going on in wireless, specifically people who market low prices and then add on a convenience fee and whatever else. For us, $50 means $50.”

Butcherboy said: chokaay said: Details for the lazy:

UNLIMITED Nationwide Calling
UNLIMITED Push-To-Talk
Runs off Sprint-Nextel's IDEN Network (NOT CDMA, CANNOT ROAM ON OTHER NETWORKS!)
NO Contracts for Prepaid

Boost Mobile adds ‘tax-free’ $50/month unlimited plan

Umm … come again? No taxes?

Tax does vary, between 2 to 12 percent. We’re taking care of those,” no matter where the customer lives, said Neil Lindsay, Boost’s vice president of marketing.

“The real message from us is that there is a lot of nickel and diming going on in wireless, specifically people who market low prices and then add on a convenience fee and whatever else. For us, $50 means $50.”

However, Lindsay said, some additional fees could appear. If users buy ring tones, or subscribe to a GPS navigation or social networking service, they’ll be charged for those features. Plus, there is sales tax on the phone or service. “We have no control over that,” Lindsay said.

cdhamma said: not really the same as the simply everything plan. It sounds like Butcherboy is saying that you ONLY get access to Sprint towers ... absolutely NO ROAMING in areas where Sprint doesn't have service. Plus, the "mobile web" doesn't include high speed data.

Correction: "...you ONLY get access to Sprint IDEN towers ... absolutely NO ROAMING in areas where Sprint doesn't have service."

Only unlimited calls among Boosts? What about calls from/to landline, other sprint cells or ATT, tmobile???

Yay!! Can't roam on other networks and sprint sold the majority of their cell towers!! Sprint Sells out!!

Personally, I love my sprint plan, been with them for 8 years, but around 30% of my calls are roaming on other networks (like verizon) so a word to the wise, maybe try this deal for a month before you break it off with your current carrier since it seems to be no contract. You may find many dead zones in your area that regular sprint users would have picked up by verizon coverage.

alexd said: Yay!! Can't roam on other networks and sprint sold the majority of their cell towers!! Sprint Sells out!!

It was a sale-leaseback, so Sprint leased those all back. That move did not affect service.

I've been using Boost for a couple of months now. I got an i776 from Target for $64 after MS Live CashBack and sale. Overall I'm quite happy with it, but a couple of notes:
- Normal low price is 10c per minute anytime, no roaming or domestic long distance.
- Normal price for Walkie-Talkie is $1 per day, for unlimited that day.
- Normal price for unlimited data is .35c per day. You can call to turn it on or off anytime. If it's on you get charged whether you use it or not.
- My speed test on the web (using the phone tethered via bluetooth to my laptop) was 19.2k
- In the city or on the interstates, coverage has been fine. Backroads it really wasn't. (Obviously YMMV)

http://coverage.sprintpcs.com/IMPACT.jsp
click on nextel devices.

the coverage isn't bad actually for some.

i think metropcs is similar here you must stay within your primary area.

good for kids

i wonder if you can tether their phones

One other note, Boost uses a SIM card (not a GSM sim card) so can be used with other iDEN phones from Sprint/Nextel. In particular there is an old blackberry and a new one 8350i that can be used with your Boost SIM.
Review of new 8350 iDEN blackberry

thanks op, my plan is about to expire. not available in pa

nabixlholdings said: thanks op, my plan is about to expire. not available in pa
Where in PA are you? It's available in Lancaster.

bhoup said: nabixlholdings said: thanks op, my plan is about to expire. not available in pa
Where in PA are you? It's available in Lancaster.

philly

It is real simple... this is really unlimited voice/texting on the Nextel Network for $50 bucks. The only tax you get charged is the sales tax for your state where you pay the $50 bucks. This is a great deal for someone who really cares about voice!

vladgur said: as a male, when I hear of unlimited nationwide cellular plan with text, mobile web and walkie talkie from a major carrier for $50, last thing I think of is rural emergencies.

ROTFLMAO!

Read all the hype, but does anyone know if Sprint Boost to Sprint CDMA cell to cell calls is included or unlimited?

Yes it is included. If you are a Sprint customer and call a Boost customer it is considered Mobile to Mobile. With the Boost plan, you get unlimited voice to call anywhere in the US.

It is available where I am however coverage is very limited, at least ro moe. I live near the border of Arkansas and I am sure it will try to pick up a tower over the state line and charge me for it or drop my service all together till i connect to a "local" calling area tower. Not uch a great deal if you travel however if you never leave your coverage area not a bad deal at all.

With Boost, there is NO roaming in the US, you have service or you don't. No state lines to worry about with Boost Unlimited on the iDen network.

Can we use our old GSM phone? Like Nokia?

watssion said: Can we use our old GSM phone? Like Nokia?

No, You need a nextel/iDen phone. No CDMA or GSM.

microkelvin said: Only unlimited calls among Boosts? What about calls from/to landline, other sprint cells or ATT, tmobile???

This is UNLIMITED CALLING to ANY NUMBER, ANYWHERE IN THE U.S. (where IDEN works), ANY TIME with your Boost Mobile IDEN Unlimited Plan (available starting 1/22/09).

This can be considered a "similar" concept to Sprint's $99 Simply Unlimited Plan (unlimited anytime minutes, messages, data), however it is on a DIFFERENT network (IDEN, not CDMA), with a DIFFERENT company (technically Boost Mobile, not SPRINT), with a DIFFERENT cost and billing system ($50/MO PREPAID, not $99/MO "POSTPAID"). Other significant differences also include: Boost Mobile's plan includes UNLIMITED Push-To-Talk, Boost's $50/mo charge INCLUDES everything except for state sales tax (Sprint and other carriers don't include taxes and other fees in their pricing), and you must use a Boost Mobile IDEN phone on the new Boost Mobile IDEN Unlimited Plan (NOT CDMA or GSM).

cajuncutter said: It is available where I am however coverage is very limited, at least ro moe. I live near the border of Arkansas and I am sure it will try to pick up a tower over the state line and charge me for it or drop my service all together till i connect to a "local" calling area tower. Not uch a great deal if you travel however if you never leave your coverage area not a bad deal at all.

There is no "local calling area" with Boost Mobile's NEW IDEN Unlimited Plan. Your phone can connect to a tower across state lines all it wants, and there will be NO extra charge.

I called the local store and that is what the dude told me..quess I should call the 800 number and get it straight.

cajuncutter said: I called the local store and that is what the dude told me..quess I should call the 800 number and get it straight.

The dude might be confused with a similar offering that Boost had on the CDMA(Sprint) network that started about 2 yrs ago. Unlimited calling within your region. The new plan being released 1/22 doesn't matter where you make your call.

Not a bad deal, but anyone looking at this may also look at the current SERO $60 deal.

*bleep!* Where you at?

got as link to what phones go with this ?

Hey butcherboy, my name is BJ DeHut and I am a representative for Sprint. Thank you very much for spreading the word of our new calling plan!

Wow, Nextel plans used to START at 50 bucks for Unlimited incoming calls / 350 min. Now completely unlimited via BOOST, i.e. no contract on the old Nextel Network. That's HOT!

Wow! How long before they go under?

Skipping 50 Messages...
FYI for anyone that lives near a meijer store in the midwest, the I776 model phone is on sale for $89 this week plus if you shop on Saturday the super sale includes $10 in free gas on a $50 general merchandise purchase. I guess you could combine one of the lower model phones with another purchase to get the free gas as well.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014