• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I picked up Tax Cut Standard at Dollar Tree(Free Federal E-File) for a buck. today (01/17/2009).
UPC 735290102867

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Went to a Dollar Tree in Oakland (International Blvd.)

It was probably the most disgusting/unclean market I've ever seen ... (more)

groove10 (Apr. 07, 2009 @ 7:47p) |

Is there anyway I can get the State program for cheaper than $29.99? I have usually bought the Premium w/state included... (more)

Coolarrow (Apr. 15, 2009 @ 10:25p) |

you can refer to this old thread
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/895912?highlight_k...

the rapidshare link s... (more)

Zdog (Apr. 17, 2009 @ 2:41p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

2008 tax year, federal only, 1 federal e-file included. Do state return on paper.

chessmills said: I picked up Tax Cut Standard at Dollar Tree(Free Federal E-File) for a buck. today (01/17/2009).
UPC 735290102867

What do they charge for each state? And state efile? That need to be accounted for for those that file state income tax returns so a good comparison can be made with the other editions.

Is it state for $1, with free federal? or just federal for $1.
If its state, is it 2008, if it is ,it's a Great deal- Green
but if its federal, its not a great deal, Turbo Tax, tax act, tax cut all have a free versionnof federal with efile- the charge is for state mainly- tax cut is $13 where turble is 30 for state in most cases

I just loaded mine,It appears to cost 29.99 per State and I don't think that includes State E -file.

This shows 2008 when I installed it.

So it's actually more like $45 for the "$1 dollar" edition when it's all said and done. Not as hot as $1 now, is it?

typic GOP abovee ... it is a $1.00 ..FREE $19.99 program..
then if you need hand holding to figure
a simple % for your STATE then yes pay more...

They were giving these away for free at Macworld last week. State is an additional $29.95 and State E-file is another $19.95.

I thought that this was the year I'll switch to Taxcut but they still can't get it right.

Why did this get so much green? It is a terrible deal. As another poster stated, you can get these programs for FREE online and you just pay to file state if you qualify for free federal. If you don't qualify for free federal, just use the free program to figure out what you want to do , then get the forms for free from the IRS and file the old way for free.

Bad deal..Not sure who is giving green.

I am going to see if my stores have it today. I have been getting this every year since they offered it at Dollar Tree. Maybe you can download it for free, but for $1 I will have the disc. I am sure I am just old fashioned or tech dumb, but if you want to have a disc in hand, this is a great deal. I know you can buy it in some stores and do all kinds of free after rebate software but I don't want to get into that. Plus I live in TX with no state income tax, so that is not a factor for me. So that is why the post gets green from me and people like me.

UPDATE: sold out in 2 stores near me, one guy came in and bought out all they had at both, they assume for resale and won't have any more for about 10 days, this is in Plano

rozzer said: I am going to see if my stores have it today. I have been getting this every year since they offered it at Dollar Tree. Maybe you can download it for free, but for $1 I will have the disc. I am sure I am just old fashioned or tech dumb, but if you want to have a disc in hand, this is a great deal. I know you can buy it in some stores and do all kinds of free after rebate software but I don't want to get into that. Plus I live in TX with no state income tax, so that is not a factor for me. So that is why the post gets green from me and people like me.

Yep, I have to send them a check anyway...so this $1 version allows you to print the return....

You don't have to efile guys. Just snail mail it and pay 42 cents for stamps. Also, some states will allow for free efile (e.g., Illinois) so YMMV. $1 is still a good deal for an app that resides on your desktop not some server in China (or whereever).

Partial ditto to above. There are states that have free e-file. Just use the SW to figure your state taxes, go to the state site (for those that have it) and transpose the #s. Seems to me that some claim fatwallet attitude but never use it themselves.

We don't have state income tax here either so $1 for a hard copy is a good deal for me. Thanks OP.

chessmills said: This shows 2008 when I installed it.

isn't that what you want? that's the year that just ended that we owe taxes for.

i hope they have this in houston

Good deal. People suggesting on-line tax prep tools are ignoring the fact that some of us don't like having our financial data entrusted to the internet. I print and mail mine. The $1 CD from Dollar Tree did everything I needed last year.

I find myself a little confused... Some in the FW community have suggested that this is free. And yes, last year there was a link to download it for free. But this year (for 2008 tax return), I have not found a link to DL Taxcut Basic for free.

This gets green because this is the best deal for taxcut basic that is currently available. Thanks OP

NY offers free file (free efile) so if you live in NY check that out along with this deal for $1 total cost filing

QUICKAVE said: typic GOP abovee ... it is a $1.00 ..FREE $19.99 program..
then if you need hand holding to figure
a simple % for your STATE then yes pay more...

Typical short-term-memory-short-sighted-instant-gratification-knee-jerk-reacting-narcissistic response...

For those that don't need state, it's free, that's less than $1.00. Why bother driving to a store?

For those that do, it's $45 vs ~$30 from other deals. Why be lulled into thinking you're paying $1.00 only to discover you end up paying more?

If you haven't figured it out yet, this is the typical give them the razor and sell them the razor blade gambit.

Also, if you don't want to efile, more power to you. I want to end up with a deal like last year that includes efile for less than you pay without, even before the stamp, save on time, gas, paper, and toner, and get my return sooner, that, is why I'm here, on FW, not for any other reason which seems like a lot of people do.

WASTE OF $1. One Buck just wasted.
Free online .. DumbAss

If you have nothing to add to the conversation, why bother even wasting the time to read it or to respond to it? biglar314's comment is a waste, not the OP's post. Green for OP, red for biglar314

Is this the same thing that TaxCut sent me in the mail last week? I haven't installed it yet...it was free.

Thanks OP. When ya live in Texas it is wonderful because there is NO State Income Tax.

TaxCut for $1.00 is great!

sivartk said: Is this the same thing that TaxCut sent me in the mail last week? I haven't installed it yet...it was free.

No that is just annual CD they sent to previous customer. You need to pay them online to activate the software on CD!

Thanks, OP! Just got instore. Actually cost is about $1.60 with Tax/Gas. -

I am doing standard deduction and my state have e-file free online.

So I do not need state file and the deduction Pro. -

Compared with the $19.99 Taxcut Standard you find in Staples/Office Depot, I will choose $1.00 one. -

closeupman said: Why did this get so much green? It is a terrible deal. As another poster stated, you can get these programs for FREE online and you just pay to file state if you qualify for free federal. If you don't qualify for free federal, just use the free program to figure out what you want to do , then get the forms for free from the IRS and file the old way for free.
Do you mind sharing the link where I can get this on line for free? I saw one last year, but I did not find anything this year. State tax is way simple than federal. Once the software figured out federal tax for you, I do not mind spending extra 20 min to do state one. And I always own tax (purposely?), so who cares efile. I will mail a check at last moment of filing dead line. The interest you saved from these delayed tax is way more than any money you will pay for these software/efile.

They're going fast and showing up on fleabay faster for as much as $8!
One of the nice things about Taxcut is you can save it as a pdf, which you couldn't do a couple of years ago. Now I can keep a soft copy and not the app without scanning. I'd rather have my personal info on my pc than some unknown server.

What is this thing everyone is referring to, this "state income tax"?

jaimelobo said: What is this thing everyone is referring to, this "state income tax"?
FU

still NICE to see everyone wanting to send more $$ that will be dumped
into the endless BAILOUOT hole.. sure makes sense

YankeeRedneck said: jaimelobo said: What is this thing everyone is referring to, this "state income tax"?
FU

'I hate it when you leave me little notes. The other day you left me a note on my pillow...'We're out of cornflakes F U.' It took me 3 hours to figure out F U meant Felix Unger' -the Odd Couple )

Confirmed in SE Ohio. Also includes code for a free e-file.

biglar314 said: WASTE OF $1. One Buck just wasted.
Free online .. DumbAss

biglar and everyone else spouting that you can download this for free with free federal efile, PLEASE post a link! I do not file State so this is exactly what I need. I have no problem doing the download and saving $1 but cannot find it anywhere. Unless a link to the download is supplied by all these people suggesting to downloaded it for free, spending $1 IS the best deal I've seen for Taxcut Basic with free Federal e-File.

VVarwick

jaimelobo said: What is this thing everyone is referring to, this "state income tax"?

It's those states that have very low or no sales tax. Unless you're in California, of course and then they give you the shaft from both ends

Not to thread cap, but here is a link to the free Taxcut Premium:

Taxcut Premium

See this thread:

Free Taxcut

Currently the deal is dead, but you can still DL the Taxcut program (without the free state and efile) that was the core of that deal at the above link thanks to some over at SD.

The OP's post continues to be excellent deal IMH

dealkb said: closeupman said: Why did this get so much green? It is a terrible deal. As another poster stated, you can get these programs for FREE online and you just pay to file state if you qualify for free federal. If you don't qualify for free federal, just use the free program to figure out what you want to do , then get the forms for free from the IRS and file the old way for free.
Do you mind sharing the link where I can get this on line for free? I saw one last year, but I did not find anything this year. State tax is way simple than federal. Once the software figured out federal tax for you, I do not mind spending extra 20 min to do state one. And I always own tax (purposely?), so who cares efile. I will mail a check at last moment of filing dead line. The interest you saved from these delayed tax is way more than any money you will pay for these software/efile.

Just go to www.irs.gov and look for free e-federal file. If your income level qualifies, there are SEVERAL places online where you can get federal filing for FREE. I did with H&R Block for free last year. There are others as well. If you want to spend the $1, go ahead, but I still hold by my first assertion, that FREE is better than $1

GWBush said: So it's actually more like $45 for the "$1 dollar" edition when it's all said and done. Not as hot as $1 now, is it?

Wow, I think you might be the actual George W Bush. I see why our country is in such good shape now.

Thanks.

Skipping 49 Messages...
you can refer to this old thread
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/895912?highlight_k...

the rapidshare link seems to still exist, but I can't tell you if the software works or not

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014