posted: Jan. 21, 2009 @ 5:14p
Apologies once again for sticking a topic that isn't a smokin' hot deal.
Since it's all about you and meeting your needs, I'm breaking the law breaking the law...
FatWallet exists to serve consumers.
So how can we better serve consumers?
What are your frustrations and pain-points as a consumer?
What are your un-met consumer needs?
We want to know, so we can create a solution for you.
Free your mind… think way outside the box...
1. Limited Time
2. Limited $
6. Fear & Uncertainty
7. Lost value
1. Search doesn’t work. Can’t find what I want. Takes too long to find what I want. Don’t know if site has what I want, or how to navigate. Can’t find help.
2. Too many steps to determine (and transact) the ultimate deal.
3. Need to go other places to find, confirm, or complete best deals.
4. Can’t search multiple stores for reliable product, availability, and price info.
5. Going to any site for price info or C.B. is not always convenient.
6. Can’t get “ultimate deal” (C.B.) at places like Amazon.
7. C.B. process: uncertainty, and lag time between transaction and reward.
8. Forgotten rebates.
9. Scams, fees, and security concerns.
10. Forums aren’t for everyone. Finding data requires uncomfortable engagement.
11. Can’t see product images.
12. Shipping cost and time (esp. to Hawaii and Alaska).
13. Unknown order status.
14. Unknown product availability.
15. Not understanding or listening to what I want.
1. Too complicated & hard to learn.
2. Forums tone.
4. Getting C.B. from forums is time-consuming and frustrating.
5. C.B. process requires too many steps and takes too long.
6. C.B. links are unreliable.
Solutions (before we even asked)
1. Add suggested search terms with number of results.
2. More detailed search, with narrowing options.
3. Clear “Relevance” option on search results page… default ‘entire site’ by relevance?
4. Repost/similar topic checker.
5. Easy/intuitive “keep in mind for later” function (favorites you can find).
6. ‘Thank you’ button.
7. Standard format for topic titles.
8. Offer points/rewards to valuable posters.
9. Better CB rates (bottom line $).
10. Add a rep system.
11. Extend ‘most recent topics posted in’ on Today page (first/next/previous 20).
12. Make people give reason for red.
13. Limit voting/rating to topics (not replies).
14. Allow turning the ratings (results?) on or off.
15. Darker site look (as an option).
16. Direct # to US-support Dell (and all merchants).
17. Alphabetize list(s) of forums.
18. Hover to show store’s current C.B. rate.
19. Display ‘Consumer Alerts’ prominently.
20. Encourage newbies.
21. Be less invasive (move threads less, etc).
22. Improve interface so people know how to use the features we have.
23. Add retailer ratings (from us or somewhere) into quick summary.
24. Force geographical info into posts limited by such.
25. Referral incentives.
26. Hover on titles in topic list to see more of post.
27. My FatWallet (customizable) page.
28. Expand RSS offerings… including RSS of search results (categories?).
29. Expanded retailer ratings… or “disappointment factor” for reneging.
30. Free shipping.
31. Shipping to Hawaii and Alaska.
32. Clarify value presentation (homepage, header, ?).
33. Posters to share earnings.
34. Quicker scan of deals (to see best ones easiest).
35. Limit to OP, QS, and FlashChat.
36. …then auto-lock threads with no OP participation after 5 days
37. FW branded store.
38. Move dead deals out (quicker/more reliably).
39. Mods getting pied.