• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Here is the details of the offer I got today.

As usual I have visited the local WalMart(95035) and saw one comcast sales engineer promoting comcast.
For new customers they are offering basic TV for 9.99 for 12 months and Internet for 24.99 for 6 months with no contracts. And there is $100 rebate..I said I am not interested on rebates as it will take long time..Then he offered $100 comcast bucks which we can use for paying the comcast bill(thats almost 3 months free TV and Internet). He also offered me the free installation and no activation charges.

If you are currently an ATT customer, then you will definitely get this as he mentioned the offer as competitor buyback on my order form.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Anyone want to comment on the red? I'm looking to sign up for comcast. Comcastoffers.com seems to be mostly a pita to deal with.

The part that kills me about all of the comcast deals is that there are none for existing customers.
I have to switch all my service and them be ready to switch back just to get a decent deal.

Thanks for all the red..I will think twice before posting..I thought it can atleast help the fatwallers in the bay area.

service setup done today with out any issues..I bought the modem instead of paying $3 per month and I have $100 comcast bucks to pay for next 3 months bill

you can ask for cancellation so that retention dept will match you the current promotions they have...look for other thread on this topic

why people are 'red' ing this thread?
It seems to be a nice deal to me.

This is a good deal if you want comcast service. Lets face it. If you have comcast, you probably don't have a choice.... As poor as their service is, their speeds are excellent for most people. There are people who will red any deals with comcast in it. In fact, they feel so strongly about it, they green any messages that bashes them.

Anyway, Comcastoffers's offer had always been $20 for 6 month + $100 rebate and free modem. The key sticking point is that you have to have cable( $11-15/month for "limited basic") or they will add a $10/month fee. Also, they may charge an installation fee anywhere from $30 - $100...

One sneaky thing Comcast don't tell you is that it is free to cancel service,but for downgrade/changes, they may charge you a change fee. So don't be suckered into getting a bunch of services to waive the installation fee, then be charged with a change fee when you want to downgrade your service...

Another thing I want to add is that in some areas, the retention department can't do anything... (I've tried at least once per year for over 4 years now in SE-Michigan) I end up cancelling for a few months before signing up again as a new subscriber.

What are the speeds for this Internet?

Through ComcastSpecials it looks like the 6mpbs for 6 months @ $19.99. Even if the rebate doesn't come, which is more likely than not, it's still a bit cheaper than the Wal-Mart deal?

Not threacrapping, just trying to find out so I can go ahead and get some HSI.

stevie123 said: This is a good deal if you want comcast service. Lets face it. If you have comcast, you probably don't have a choice.... As poor as their service is, their speeds are excellent for most people. There are people who will red any deals with comcast in it. In fact, they feel so strongly about it, they green any messages that bashes them.

Anyway, Comcastoffers's offer had always been $20 for 6 month + $100 rebate and free modem. The key sticking point is that you have to have cable( $11-15/month for "limited basic") or they will add a $10/month fee. Also, they may charge an installation fee anywhere from $30 - $100...

One sneaky thing Comcast don't tell you is that it is free to cancel service,but for downgrade/changes, they may charge you a change fee. So don't be suckered into getting a bunch of services to waive the installation fee, then be charged with a change fee when you want to downgrade your service...

Another thing I want to add is that in some areas, the retention department can't do anything... (I've tried at least once per year for over 4 years now in SE-Michigan) I end up cancelling for a few months before signing up again as a new subscriber.

Comcast is out of control with their fees now. $20 for any downgrade in service as of this year if they have to roll a truck and $1.99 for a few keystrokes by customer noservice people. If you cancel cable and want internet only it goes from $42 to $59 plus all the fees and taxes that drive it over $70. Think you can save a few bucks by a slight downgrade in speed ... WRONG! They eliminated the 6 Mbps and 3 Mbps so your only choice is 12 Mbps or 768 Kbps. The 768 K package is an insane $39.95 without cable. My dislike for Verizon is only slightly less than Comcast but I can get 1 Mbps for $9.99 right now. I may say goodbye to Comcast for a while and get a "new customer" deal someday

"Customer Service"? WTF! Do you think this is a restaurant? You guys bitch way too much about customer service....
What do you expect? Screw customer service....All I want is for the connection up.....I don't need no stinking customer service.....

stevie123 said: This is a good deal if you want comcast service. Lets face it. If you have comcast, you probably don't have a choice.... As poor as their service is, their speeds are excellent for most people. There are people who will red any deals with comcast in it. In fact, they feel so strongly about it, they green any messages that bashes them.

FYI, as best I can tell the "new" customer deals have rolled down to only being 3 months at the discounted $19.99 rate... which makes the whole joining, rebates, switching - lather, rinse, repeat - process much more of a PITA.

But, still the best deal going.... Currently in my "off period", and paying ~$60/month for Qwest.... actually looking fwd to switching back, even at only a 3-month discount...

MickRivers said: FYI, as best I can tell the "new" customer deals have rolled down to only being 3 months at the discounted $19.99 rate... which makes the whole joining, rebates, switching - lather, rinse, repeat - process much more of a PITA.

But, still the best deal going.... Currently in my "off period", and paying ~$60/month for Qwest.... actually looking fwd to switching back, even at only a 3-month discount...

ComcastSpecial still has the 6 month promo. Looking at their Terms & Conditions, it seems like they're also owned by Bridgevine.

First time doing this, so I'm just wary of getting my rebates back from Bridgevine!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015