• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Oakleys starting at $40 dollars plus they sell Oakley gear, boots, etc at a discounted price.

www.usstandardissue.com

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Yes, you can. I did this.

WARNING TO ALL: RX GLASSES ARE NOT TESTED FOR ANSI RATINGS!

lquidsnakk (May. 01, 2009 @ 5:38p) |

Double post, but here's some add'l info on the ANSI ratings:

If your sphere is <0 I would not trust these to be ANSI rate... (more)

lquidsnakk (May. 01, 2009 @ 5:40p) |

Anyone able to how much these are for polorized prescriptions?

SI Bottle Cap
Matte Black Frame / Grey Lens
11-121

CrimsonNJ (May. 24, 2009 @ 6:57p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Great site, slow to ship. Don't always have items in stock.

i don't have access to the site

what's the price range on the sunglasses from the site?

Not a hot deal, just a well-known site among people who are eligible. Been around for a long long time.

is this a legit site to send your govt ID to?

while its hard to condone copying your military ID and sending to someone, the site is legit and ive done this several times (u have to do it yearly so they know u are eligible). ive been very happy with the service for the price. as mentioned above, shipping is slow typically and they dont carry all Oakley products u may want.

D

If someone would be so kind as to look up their prices on the following for me, I'd really appreciate it...

SI Gascan - matte black frame/ grey lens
Item# 03-473

SI Gascan - matte black frame/ polarized grey lens
Item# 11-122

SI Gascan Desert - desert frame/ bronze lens
Item# 11-015

Cool. Also good for local county cops, like myself. Thanks a lot for the site.

SI Gascan - matte black frame/ grey lens ---- $55
Item# 03-473

SI Gascan - matte black frame/ polarized grey lens ----$80
Item# 11-122

SI Gascan Desert - desert frame/ bronze lens---$55
Item# 11-015

hpmoon said: Not a hot deal, just a well-known site among people who are eligible. Been around for a long long time.

really? seems pretty hot to me, especially since this well-known site was not known amongst me or any one of my other fed govt co-workers

ntpphong1,
You're awesome! Thank you so much for your help and taking the time to look those up.

inczo757,
Great find! These prices are too good for me to pass up, thanks for your post!

AznMaverick said: is this a legit site to send your govt ID to?

I've sent a scan of my business card and that has satisfied the requirement.

But yeah it's been around for quite a while, never thought it would qualify as a "hot deal" since I figured if you qualified, you probably knew about it already. And I've had good luck with them, shipping only took about two weeks from time of order.

Thanks; what a great site.

Interesting site, but faxing ID's??? I don't know that I would do that, just to save a few $$$ on sunglasses...

hpmoon said: Not a hot deal, just a well-known site among people who are eligible. Been around for a long long time.

Been in the gov't 18yrs, never heard of this site. Sent in my info.

inczo757 said: Oakleys starting at $40 dollars plus they sell Oakley gear, boots, etc at a discounted price.

www.usstandardissue.com

Do you have to register to see the prices?

Thanks OP, registered and uploaded a picture of my ID today and was approved in 5mins!

Ordered the SI Fives Squared Matte Black Frame / Grey Polarized Lens 11-020 for $70! Other sites had them for $130+

And yes, you have to register and be approved to see the prices.

jonemac said: Interesting site, but faxing ID's??? I don't know that I would do that, just to save a few $$$ on sunglasses...

You've not bought Oakleys lately .. its more like save $100 in some cases.

Do you think they would take my gov't business card? It has my name, title, and agency, and that's usually what I give hotels when they ask for a copy of my ID (we are not allowed to let anyone copy our IDs!!)

dawndelion said: Do you think they would take my gov't business card? It has my name, title, and agency, and that's usually what I give hotels when they ask for a copy of my ID (we are not allowed to let anyone copy our IDs!!)

Yep, That's what I've been doing (you have to "renew" every year). Just sent a scan. I believe most of the time 9depending on your department/agency) it is against policy to copy/scan/reproduce your badge and/or creds.

I just scanned in a copy of my local government business card so we'll see if I hear back from them tomorrow. Hope so. Love my Oakley sunglasses.

cloudboy67 said: hpmoon said: Not a hot deal, just a well-known site among people who are eligible. Been around for a long long time.

Been in the gov't 18yrs, never heard of this site. Sent in my info.

20 years for me, never heard of the site. Green for OP! I'm still not sure of sending a copy of my ID, I'll try a business card though.

They sell boots, backpacks, etc as well on there. Not the entire line, but some quality stuff.

I am looking for prescription sunglasses ( RayBan , Oakley , Maui Jim )..anyone recommend a good site?

jonemac said: Interesting site, but faxing ID's??? I don't know that I would do that, just to save a few $$$ on sunglasses...

Umm...how many thousands of government employee's have already done is and saved hundreds of dollars? You're a little too paranoid for your own good. Let me put it this way. I bought my glasses as a civilian about 4 years ago for $425, now it costs me $152 shipping included for the same thing.

Like everyone doesn't already have your SS # and other vital info. It's on every damn form you ever filled out for the government that has passed through hundreds of hands and sat on the desks of probably the same amount.

Anyone know if State employee include those of State U employee?
^^

randabear7 said: jonemac said: Interesting site, but faxing ID's??? I don't know that I would do that, just to save a few $$$ on sunglasses...

Umm...how many thousands of government employee's have already done is and saved hundreds of dollars? You're a little too paranoid for your own good. Let me put it this way. I bought my glasses as a civilian about 4 years ago for $425, now it costs me $152 shipping included for the same thing.

Like everyone doesn't already have your SS # and other vital info. It's on every damn form you ever filled out for the government that has passed through hundreds of hands and sat on the desks of probably the same amount.

just block out your employee ID number and other sensitive info. just as long as they see your photo and civilian or military status you should be ok

Thanks, OP. Had never heard of this site before but am in need of sunglasses that can withstand some abuse. Can't afford retail Oakley prices!

is there a limit to how many you can purchase ?

Teasip said: I just scanned in a copy of my local government business card so we'll see if I hear back from them tomorrow. Hope so. Love my Oakley sunglasses.

I wish they gave us business cards. Only supervisors get such things. i think i'll pass on this because i'm very paranoid after all the security training i've been in. I wish they'd be like verizon, where all you need is an email confirmation, would be safer in many ways.

huetwallet said: Anyone know if State employee include those of State U employee?
^^

i second that

dawndelion said: Do you think they would take my gov't business card? It has my name, title, and agency, and that's usually what I give hotels when they ask for a copy of my ID (we are not allowed to let anyone copy our IDs!!)

I doubt it since anyone can make an business card.

AznMaverick said: is this a legit site to send your govt ID to?

There could be some risks if this site was ever hacked into in this day and age. Think of the info someone can obtain.

Can someone tell me how much the SI Square Wire are?

Bawnz said: Thanks OP, registered and uploaded a picture of my ID today and was approved in 5mins!

Ordered the SI Fives Squared Matte Black Frame / Grey Polarized Lens 11-020 for $70! Other sites had them for $130+

And yes, you have to register and be approved to see the prices.

Sent my info in last night, and still haven't been approved or denied.

configsys said: AznMaverick said: is this a legit site to send your govt ID to?

There could be some risks if this site was ever hacked into in this day and age. Think of the info someone can obtain.

LOL! As if the military and the government in general have been so phenomenal keeping our data secure over the past few years. I think my information has been "compromised" (lost, stolen, etc) 4-5 times by the Air Force, DoD, and the VA.

If you will note at the website, they process the information M-F, and then Sunday partial day as well (PST hours).

Q: What kind of identification do you need?

A: You may submit a copy of your Military/Government ID, business card, or a copy of your pay stub (please feel free to black out any unnecessary information. We just need to see your name and who you work for).

They don't store your ID online, they just confirm you are who you say you are (The Chicago Bears?). I would bet they shred them afterward, knowing the guys at Oakley.

Skipping 62 Messages...
Anyone able to how much these are for polorized prescriptions?

SI Bottle Cap
Matte Black Frame / Grey Lens
11-121

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014