• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Lowes has the Mr. Heater Portable Heater Buddy for 50% off making it $39.50
Here's the link for the info on their site
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=12...

Some locations say it's in stock, some don't. I went to my local Lowes in SW Washington and they had 5 of them. Other Portland, OR locations say they have them or limited stock available. I also checked Philadelphia locations to make sure it wasn't regional and they had the same deal. You need to enter a zip to see the price of $39.50 online. Some locations say you can buy online and ship to store. I didn't try it that way.

Anyway...hope this helps someone. DH will be happy when he opens it for his bday

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

does this connect to a propane tank like one for a grill? how long can it run on a tank like that?

Here's a link to the Mr Heater site
http://www.mrheater.com/productdetails_extended.asp?catid=41&id=...

Says it hooks up to a 1# or 20# propane cylinder, so I'd assume it would be the same type as a grill. Says the 20# will run the heater for 48 to 110 hours. Take that with a grain of salt though as I'm only quoting the Mr Heater site and I just bought it for DH and I really just know that he wanted one Hopefully someone who knows more of the details can chime in and help.

crazypalooza said: does this connect to a propane tank like one for a grill? how long can it run on a tank like that?I *think* you need an adapter to attach it to a 20# tank.

BenDB said: crazypalooza said: does this connect to a propane tank like one for a grill? how long can it run on a tank like that?I *think* you need an adapter to attach it to a 20# tank.

The small tank fits inside the compartment on the heater and just screws on, if you use a 20# tank it then sits besides the heater and connects via a hose. I got a few last year when they hit 75% off at Lowes. I also got a few when they went on clearance at Home Depot for $9. The HD one included the 20# tank hose, the Lowes one did not.

Just so I'm reading it right... you got these heaters for $9 last year?

Just wondering if the $40 is a good price or not.

From the details section:

Lowes Website said: Connects directly to 20 lb. cylinder with optional hose

And if you want the adapter hose, it's 22.95.

Item #: 115222

Prngr44 said: Just so I'm reading it right... you got these heaters for $9 last year?

Just wondering if the $40 is a good price or not.

Yes, they were $19 at Lowes and $9 at Home Depot. I also got the larger version for $29 at Home Depot and a 200,000 BTU can type propane heater for $20.

How is it that nobody has yet to make a pun about this being a warm or hot deal? Everyone must still be hung over from Super Bowl parties.

I have this heater or at least one very similar to it (mine's red). Anyway, I really like it. I use it all the time downstairs in the kitchen. The little propane tanks cost about $2.50 each at WalMart. I can get maybe 3 or 4 days out of a tank using it while I'm making dinner. You would think the tanks would last longer but there is only so much propane they can put in a tank of that size. I paid about $100 for mine on Amazon a year ago.

Cyfun said: How is it that nobody has yet to make a pun about this being a warm or hot deal? Everyone must still be hung over from Super Bowl parties.
lame.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014