• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
PepBoys has the RaiNX wipers BOGO after MIR and they install them free. (valid to 2/21/09)

Rebate form given in store, not sure on limits but in the past it has been limit 2 rebates per address.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
are rainx wiper blades really much better than the OEM blades? I hate it when my blades dont do a good job cleaning the ... (more)

testlink (Mar. 03, 2009 @ 10:59a) |

The rain-x I recently bought SUCK. Nowhere near as good as the NAPA/Monroe blades I usually get from my mechanic. They ... (more)

speshlj (Mar. 09, 2009 @ 8:30a) |

Just an update - I just received my rebate check from pep-boys on these blades.

araponur (Mar. 09, 2009 @ 10:22a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

not a bad deal, but the 'free installation' part is a 5 minute install that ANYONE with hands can do. haha

lookuphere said: not a bad deal, but the 'free installation' part is a 5 minute install that ANYONE with hands can do. haha

yes..but that's assuming you know how. Still a nice convenience many auto parts stores don't offer.

lol, not me. Virtually every wiper install inevitably turns into a half-hour long cussing & pounding fist ordeal. I go 2-3 years at a time between wiper changes just to save myself the frustration.

Thanks MC, can we use the 10 off 30 found here to sweeten the deal?

newbietx said: Thanks MC, can we use the 10 off 30 found here to sweeten the deal?

depends, sometimes Pep Boy rebates do not allow use with other coupons. So read the rebate form fine print.

Ty green for you

MISTERCHEAP said: lookuphere said: not a bad deal, but the 'free installation' part is a 5 minute install that ANYONE with hands can do. haha

yes..but that's assuming you know how. Still a nice convenience many auto parts stores don't offer.

The last time I bought wiper blades at Pep Boys an employee asked me what I was looking for, I told him. He looked it up on the computer (right size) let me pick the brand and then installed them for me. We then went back inside to pay for them. Didn't even have to ask, he just installed for free anyway and disposed of the old blades for me. (Took all of 2 minutes)

I think it just depends on the local Pep Boys, the one by us has one or two
girls working the cash register and everybody else is busy..some times your
lucky if you don,t have to wait to get some one at the parts department in
back..

Some wipers go on easy and some don,t..thats why they got them adpters and
stuff in the box..I put 3 pairs on for family members this year..

Those RainX rebates came very fast, maybe 4 weeks the most..

I uploaded the rebate form. It says "Rebate Offer cannot be combined with any other offer" and doesn't mention that the use of coupons that will void the rebate. What do you guys think?

rdeca said: I uploaded the rebate form. It says "Rebate Offer cannot be combined with any other offer" and doesn't mention that the use of coupons that will void the rebate. What do you guys think?

thanks for the upload. Since the rebate is administered directly by PepBoys, I'd say they won't honor it if you use the $10/30. That's how they've operated in the past.

A few months back there was an Anco rebate, administered by ANCO and I got that one with no issues using a $10 off $30. However, here you risk the rebate IMO.

navelgaze said: lol, not me. Virtually every wiper install inevitably turns into a half-hour long cussing & pounding fist ordeal. I go 2-3 years at a time between wiper changes just to save myself the frustration.

I thought I was the only one frustrated with such a "simple" task!

jeeves said: navelgaze said: lol, not me. Virtually every wiper install inevitably turns into a half-hour long cussing & pounding fist ordeal. I go 2-3 years at a time between wiper changes just to save myself the frustration.

Just go to youtube.com and search for wiper blade replacement videos! That is what I did and now I just buy the wipers on sale from anywhere! (The key to replacing wipers is that there is a J-shaped hook on the windshield arm which holds the new windshield blade frame. You simply slide the windshield blade frame in the direction out of the J-shaped hook! My first try I wore leather gloves so as not to scrape up my hands because it may take some firm effort to remove an old wiper frame. By the way, go to youtube.com whenever you need to learn anything visually. I learned how to replace laser printer toner powder into my laser cartridges so that I don't have to buy the whole expensive cartridges!) )

mrpresidentusa said: jeeves said: navelgaze said: lol, not me. Virtually every wiper install inevitably turns into a half-hour long cussing & pounding fist ordeal. I go 2-3 years at a time between wiper changes just to save myself the frustration.

Just go to youtube.com and search for wiper blade replacement videos! That is what I did and now I just buy the wipers on sale from anywhere! (The key to replacing wipers is that there is a J-shaped hook on the windshield arm which holds the new windshield blade frame. You simply slide the windshield blade frame in the direction out of the J-shaped hook! My first try I wore leather gloves so as not to scrape up my hands because it may take some firm effort to remove an old wiper frame. By the way, go to youtube.com whenever you need to learn anything visually. I learned how to replace laser printer toner powder into my laser cartridges so that I don't have to buy the whole expensive cartridges!) )

I think you are only describing one type of the three wiper blade connection types.

navelgaze said: lol, not me. Virtually every wiper install inevitably turns into a half-hour long cussing & pounding fist ordeal. I go 2-3 years at a time between wiper changes just to save myself the frustration.

I have just installed three on my minivan. It probably took up to 5 minutes for the first one then maybe less than a minute on the rest.

nfg05 said: mrpresidentusa said: jeeves said: navelgaze said: lol, not me. Virtually every wiper install inevitably turns into a half-hour long cussing & pounding fist ordeal. I go 2-3 years at a time between wiper changes just to save myself the frustration.

I think you are only describing one type of the three wiper blade connection types.

People would think youtube is everything. My 11 years old son has suggested while I guided my wife through the process of figuring out what's wrong with our dish washer. Luckily, it's just quit because the power cut off near the end of the cycle. A simple press on the cancel button emptied the water and everything ran fine after that.

I agree replacing the windsheld wiper blades are so easy. I even watched the saleman put one on for my car. Later on when I tried on my other car, it was very difficult. It was hard to take the old one out. Even when it came out, the new one would not go in. I kept checking the manual and finally got it.

mrpresidentusa said: jeeves said: navelgaze said: lol, not me. Virtually every wiper install inevitably turns into a half-hour long cussing & pounding fist ordeal. I go 2-3 years at a time between wiper changes just to save myself the frustration.

lookuphere said: not a bad deal, but the 'free installation' part is a 5 minute install that ANYONE with hands can do. haha

It was -20 degrees here a few weeks ago. I will gladly let the workers at Pepboys install my wipers.

I've got good news and bad news about this deal.

The Good: I participated in the last rebate offer (Jan 4 - Jan 31), and it was probably the fastest rebate check I've ever gotten. I received it only about 3 weeks after the day I put it in my mailbox.

The Bad: The check wasn't for the correct rebate amount. It should have been $37.98 but it was only $35.98. Not a big deal, and not enough of a difference to justify disputing it, but still pretty annoying.

hream said: I've got good news and bad news about this deal.

The Good: I participated in the last rebate offer (Jan 4 - Jan 31), and it was probably the fastest rebate check I've ever gotten. I received it only about 3 weeks after the day I put it in my mailbox.

The Bad: The check wasn't for the correct rebate amount. It should have been $37.98 but it was only $35.98. Not a big deal, and not enough of a difference to justify disputing it, but still pretty annoying.
Your problem with the Pep Boys rebate is actually quite common, and I can understand how it happens. In fact, it's happened to me about 3 out of every 4 times I've done one. The issue is that the Pep Boys rebate form is one of those all in one deals. Which is good in one way, since it saves a bunch of work and stamps from mailing multiple rebates. The bad part it that it is complicated to add up all the different rebates (x how many you bought). Couple that with minimum wage employees and high volume processing and you've got a recipe for a high error rate. (That said, it is strange how it always seems to be an error to their benefit, though).

are rainx wiper blades really much better than the OEM blades? I hate it when my blades dont do a good job cleaning the wind screen. Or are they any blades out there anybody would recommend that actually cleans the windows nicely.

The rain-x I recently bought SUCK. Nowhere near as good as the NAPA/Monroe blades I usually get from my mechanic. They were really thin and streak.

Just an update - I just received my rebate check from pep-boys on these blades.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014